Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Target drops the price for the rest of them to match the other retailers.  I tried to PM GameStop at one Target on Sunday and the lady at CS overhearing my request said they won't do GS because they sell used games.  I told her the listing was for new ones and it says on Target's site that they PM GS.  She said there are exclusions and they won't do it so I left it at that.  I went to another Target on my way back and tried to PM GS and she tried to punch in the UPC on the GS site and it didn't come up.  I told her to search for it instead and, not sure what she searched, but the specific ones I brought up to PM weren't showing up and she wasn't about to stand there and hit the "Load More" at the bottom of the screen.

Today, went back to that second Target to try to PM and the girl there was able to find the ones I brought up and scanned my CW because I had another item that had a CW coupon.  Of course, the Dimensions coupon was also on there.  Once everything was all rung up, she looked at the receipt and said I can't do CW and PM.  So she returned/rebought the Dimensions items w/o the CW... which I'll just return at a later time now that I couldn't stack.  So frustrating, but I take it as a sign that I probably shouldn't get anymore Fun Packs.  That is, unless Target matches GS's prices in store!

Today, went back to that second Target to try to PM and the girl there was able to find the ones I brought up and scanned my CW because I had another item that had a CW coupon. Of course, the Dimensions coupon was also on there. Once everything was all rung up, she looked at the receipt and said I can't do CW and PM. So she returned/rebought the Dimensions items w/o the CW... which I'll just return at a later time now that I couldn't stack. So frustrating, but I take it as a sign that I probably shouldn't get anymore Fun Packs. That is, unless Target matches GS's prices in store!
Well, the trouble with cartwheel+PM is that you have to find that rare employee who is both sufficiently trained to do price-matches, which they generally only do at the customer service desk and usually Joe Blow cashiers don't man that desk, and also either too unmotivated to care about applying a cartwheel or too ignorant to refuse to do so. I gave up after trying it once.

I've never had a problem applying Cartwheel on a PM, but I usually buy a bunch of other stuff I need to pick up on a Target run that already has Cartwheel promos with it. 

I've had mixed success. The best bet is, as mentioned, someone who can do the price match but isn't a high-level employee.

I did have an item that also had a CW offer but I guess she just did some quick math in her head and thought it shouldn't be that low, causing her to look at my receipt.

Anyone tried the lower priced Target fun packs with cartwheel? Assuming they are marked as such in store
I was going to swing by a store later this week and see what they ring up on the price scanners. I have a feeling that if they adjusted to their own online price, they'd shoot down CW. If anyone knows if the lowered price ones ring up the same in-store, it would save me a trip!

So I'm playing through the game and I'm on Once Upon a Time Machine in the West and I have encountered a glitch. I get to the part where Vortron takes me up to the top of the building and I'm supposed to build a thing for Wyldstyle to climb up. Problem is, for some reason she can't climb up it. She gets just short of the top bar and will jump over the wall and off the edge. Has anyone heard of or encountered this that can help?

I scanned the Wicked Witch pack that shows up as $7.59 on the site and it rang up as full price in store.
Ah well, worth a try. I guess if you have a red card and want to get just one fun pack shipped, Target can win because you get 5% off and free shipping (compared to 20% off and then having to pay for shipping from BBY). Also, BBY seems to have changed their fun pack promo this week to B1G1 rather than 50% off everything, which means they can limit it to one per order (which leaves you with an order that you'd need to add a bunch of full priced stuff to in order to meet the shipping minimum).

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just got back from my local Walmart and they had fun packs for $8.99, Team Packs for $19.99, and Level packs for $24.99.  It looked like they were permanent price drops.  This might be old news as I don't tend to frequent Walmart, but they just closed our local Target and I had to go somewhere.  

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I just got back from my local Walmart and they had fun packs for $8.99, Team Packs for $19.99, and Level packs for $24.99. It looked like they were permanent price drops. This might be old news as I don't tend to frequent Walmart, but they just closed our local Target and I had to go somewhere.
Huh, interesting. Still feels a bit too high (would like to see team packs less than 2x a fun pack) but still, any drop is worth knowing about. Will have to check my local walmarts this weekend to see if they've followed suit.

I'm fairly surprised that the base game hasn't gotten a permanent price drop yet. I was just in Gamestop and Walmart yesterday and they both have stupid amounts of the starter sets in stock.

I'm fairly surprised that the base game hasn't gotten a permanent price drop yet. I was just in Gamestop and Walmart yesterday and they both have stupid amounts of the starter sets in stock.
I hope that happens sometime soon, it'd be an easier sell at work. On the weeks it's not on sale i really only succeed in selling it to die hard LEGO fans who could care less about price xD

021216C_RRU_PresidentsDay_02.jpg

TRU is doing a Buy One get one 50% off all Lego Dimension excluding starter packs for Rewards Members.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?s=A-UnitRank&origkw=021416leggo&sr=1&keywords=021416leggo&kwCatId=&kw=021416leggo&ppg=96

I have been interested in the disney set, but would like the simpsons and back to the future kits. Seems like this toy to game stuff adds up quickly. The best buy sale might be a good option to go on this if I decide to jump into this gaming style. 

Any one know where the list is for the best level/team packs to buy? I thought I remember seeing one on CAG.

I know portal pack is good not sure about the rest, thanks

Any one know where the list is for the best level/team packs to buy? I thought I remember seeing one on CAG.

I thought Portal was the best, followed by Dr. Who. The other 3 were pretty forgettable, with BttF being the shortest and most forgettable.

I was going to let my kid spend his gift card monies on packs I don't care about (Ninjago), but for $12, I'll save him the cash and get him a present.

Also grabbed the Portal and Jurassic World packs.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Gonna give price match plus cartwheel a shot for some level and fun packs this week. Just need some filler items

Amazon is matching some of Best Buy's deals - the Joker/Harley and Jurassic World team packs are $14.99, and some of the fun packs are $7.50.

Level packs are usually recommended as follows:

Highly: Doctor Who, Portal

Wait for Sale: Simpsons, Ghostbusters, Back To The Future

I'd probably rate Ghostbusters a bit higher than Simpsons/BTTF, just because 1) Simpsons apparently doesn't really have a lot of voice acting, although it's fun to play, 2) BTTF is apparently REALLY REALLY short, 3) Ghostbusters has a unique (and necessary) skill and 4) Ghostbusters is currenlty the only way to get access to the Ghostbusters Adventure World.

Mostly #3 though.

Team packs:

1) Jurassic Park

2) Scooby Doo

3) ...

4) Joker/Harley

Again, Jurassic park has a unique skill (Vine Cutting) that is required to get minikits, etc. It also gives access to the JP Adventure World. Same with Scooby Doo, but it doesn't have a unique skill. Joker/Harley don't provide anything new/needed, or even access to anything new, so they should only be picked up if you're really interested in the characters.

Snagged the Scooby Doo and Jurassic World packs at Best Buy. Two for less than one!

I find it odd that the Jurassic World characters were not involved in the story in any way. I wonder if JW was added really late in the game's development.

There is a suggested list of what packs to get to get all the abilities you will need and unlock everything. That includes fun, level, and team packs. Other than that, a lot is based on what characters/franchises you like. In order to get everything in the game, you will need all the level packs, so that you can get into the extra levels that come with them. You will need, at least, one character from every world in order to unlock the Adventure World (so Jurassic World and Scooby Doo team packs are needed to open their respective worlds) in order to get all the items in those worlds. Then it's just finding which set of characters has the abilities you need to find all the items in the game. Sometimes you even have to have a character that has two abilities (i.e. Cragger has Chi and dive, which apparently you need at one point). The list(s) I've seen are based on the limited number of packs you need to buy, but not necessarily the best. I, for one, like certain franchises, so I want those characters. It may mean buying extra characters, but that's OK.

But if you aren't interested in unlocking everything, then just get the franchises you want. If you're interested in the best level packs (team packs don't give anything extra except the characters/items and unlocking an adventure world if you don't already have it), then I would recommend Doctor Who. It not only has, what I consider, the best level, but it gives you the ability (once you beat it) to unlock all the Doctors and TARDIS interiors, which is kind of fun to play with. Ghostbusters is a fairly decent level, but has a period that is just filler of running around the city to get to the next part. I really wish they had added more in there than just walking around. Ghostbusters (once you beat the level) will also give the ability to play as any of the four Ghostbusters. Plus you get the ability exclusive to Ghostbuster characters. Portal gets a lot of talk about being the best (or one of the best), but my son found it boring, and I didn't think much of it, either. I guess it's like playing the actual Portal game (I've never played it) where it's mostly puzzles and figuring out how to use the portals to your advantage. There is not fighting, really (which is what my son didn't like about it). Back to the Future was very disappointingly short. I was most excited about it and Doctor Who because they are my two favorite franchises in this game. But BttF only quickly goes through the first movie. It only took us about 20 mins. max to get through it (and attempting to find everything we could, at the time, on the way). They really should have included all three movies. I haven't played The Simpsons level, so I can't say anything about it.

360 starter pack is dropping on Amazon again.  Currently 47.69

Hopefully it gets to 36 like the last time it kept dropping, and this time I will grab it!

Also, so mad I missed the Amazon $5 thing,  I would have bought everything...

bread's done
Back