Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anybody give a little detail on just how important the following abilities are and/or how often they are needed?:

Atlantis (Speak to fishes)

Chi Power (Use 'Chi Up')

Drill (Drill at drill spots)

Pole Vault (Create extra twirl poles)

Rainbow LEGO Ability (Smash rainbow LEGO objects)

Spinjitzu (Use spinjitzu switches)

I'm not concerned about getting 100% but I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on stuff the whole time I'm playing either.   The characters that unlock those abilities don't interest me so I don't want to blow money on them unless their abilities are really important to the overall experience and exploration.

Can anybody give a little detail on just how important the following abilities are and/or how often they are needed?:

Atlantis (Speak to fishes)

Chi Power (Use 'Chi Up')

Drill (Drill at drill spots)

Pole Vault (Create extra twirl poles)

Rainbow LEGO Ability (Smash rainbow LEGO objects)

Spinjitzu (Use spinjitzu switches)

I'm not concerned about getting 100% but I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on stuff the whole time I'm playing either. The characters that unlock those abilities don't interest me so I don't want to blow money on them unless their abilities are really important to the overall experience and exploration.
You only need the base set to beat the game. Everything else is for 100%. If you don't care, obviously just get what you want.

I bit on this game this week.

Got a bunch of fun packs at multiple Targets for 3.74 a pop before tax prime matching Best Buy and using the 50% off cartwheel coupon. Bought the starter pack+a few team packs/level packs with gcu at Best Buy. Are these the best prices we're gonna get anytime soon do you more knowledgeable people think?
Did you have any trouble getting the pricematch and using the Cartwheel app in the same transaction?

You only need the base set to beat the game. Everything else is for 100%. If you don't care, obviously just get what you want.
Yes I understand that, and while I don't care about 100%, I do care greatly about exploration. For example, in Skylanders, not being able to open a chest wouldn't bother me BUT being locked out of an elemental gate and not being able to explore the area behind it would drive me absolutely nuts. That's why I want to know how important each of those abilities are to the overall exploration of the game world.

Yes I understand that, and while I don't care about 100%, I do care greatly about exploration. For example, in Skylanders, not being able to open a chest wouldn't bother me BUT being locked out of an elemental gate and not being able to explore the area behind it would drive me absolutely nuts. That's why I want to know how important each of those abilities are to the overall exploration of the game world.
A lot of times, the abilities just open chests with studs inside. But there's probably at least 1-2 cases where the power would unlock a secret room. But again, that goes into 100%.

I know it sounds weird, but it's sort of mutually exclusive to say you don't care about 100% but want to explore 100%.

At minimum, you'll want one of each character to unlock the worlds, since those have the meat of the extra exploration. Beyond that, you probably will need those abilities to explore 100%. You can maybe do it with studs, but it gets prohibitively expensive the more you use it.

Thanks for the reminder. Totally forgot today was the last day for the 50% off Fun Packs. Just got back from Target and pm Stay Puff to Best Buy price of $7.50 and used the cartwheel 50% - Making the price drop to $3.74 - Great deal. To help seal the deal, I bought another cartwheel item (Chef Boyardee 10% off - B1G1 Free).

Yeah four is the limit per transaction on Cartwheel. I picked up Stay Puft, Aquaman ($3.74 each), Legolas, Gimli, Laval and Eris ($2.49 each) using Cartwheel, price match and Red Card.

Interesting - the Cartwheel deal specifically said it didn't apply to price match. I take it that it still worked for some people...

Interesting - the Cartwheel deal specifically said it didn't apply to price match. I take it that it still worked for some people...
Cartwheel always works with price matching ... assuming you can get it past customer service. It is against their policy, but not blocked automatically by their registers. The only roadblock is the employees ... some are strict, some don't care and others just don't know.

I've always had success if I take a bunch of stuff up including groceries or housewares and price match a couple and then use Cartwheel.

I regularly get questioned when I buy 1 item, price match, then try Cartwheel.

Like the above poster said, it technically works but customer service might not allow it.

Unfortunately, my local Target retrained their employees months ago and put a huge sign up detailing their price match policy. I still tried to do it once and had a lot of other items with me but they shot me down right away.

Basically, it comes down to whether the employees know what they are doing or not, haha. Hopefully it works out for you and others. :)

I'm not judging anybody, but it's interesting how hostile CAGS are to return fraud but duping lax employees into violating company policy is an artform.

I understand the "if their system is broken it's on them" argument and, seriously, I am no saint and cannot look down my nose on anybody. Just an odd paradox.

Disclaimer: I have never committed return fraud or taken advantage of Walmart's return policy but have jumped on glitches.

Amazon still has the level packs on sale. The Simpsons pack is $14.96, which makes it even cheaper than Best Buy with GCU during their recent sale. The Back to the Future pack is $16.96. The only one that's back up near full price is the Portal pack.

http://smile.amazon.com/Simpsons-Level-Pack-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00ZGDSELI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458626043&sr=8-1&keywords=simpsons+level
Damn. Best price yet on that Simpsons pack, so that's really tempting. That and the Midway and maybe one or two of the other fun packs like Gimli are the last bits I'm interested in.

Time to use your cartwheel app and walmart PM if you don't have the game yet. I'm going to try to do it today.
I'm considering doing this as well. $30 for the base set is a deal I can't resist (plus a groupon I got a few weeks ago will knock off another $10). I'm a little nervous about doing the PM with cartwheel though. Just have to buy some other cartwheel items to hide it right?

I'm a little nervous about doing the PM with cartwheel though. Just have to buy some other cartwheel items to hide it right?
I always have great success with price match + cartwheel, because I'm usually always buying several items anyway. Just bring all your items to Guest Services, have them price match the game, then present your other items to purchase. At the end, present your Cartwheel. It's best to add other items to your cartwheel as to "bury" your Dimensions (or other videogame) offer. Occasionally, they will refuse, or will figure it out when Cartwheel happened to take $15 off your pack of gum ;). Just be calm, polite, and confident. If you get denied, lie play dumb and say you were unaware of the policy, and most importantly, be polite and apologetic upon denial. Yes, it can be annoying when they play detective, but it's certainly within their right to deny you.

On Lego.com, all funpacks from previous waves are on sale for $7.49.  The Midway pack is listed with a regular price of $24.99 (still not as good as Amazon, but thought it was interesting).  The rest of the newest wave are regular price. 

Damn. Best price yet on that Simpsons pack, so that's really tempting. That and the Midway and maybe one or two of the other fun packs like Gimli are the last bits I'm interested in.
So worth it! The added story mission pertains to the annual chili cook-off episode "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer", and the Simpsons Adventure World is probably the best one in the entire game.

I always have great success with price match + cartwheel, because I'm usually always buying several items anyway. Just bring all your items to Guest Services, have them price match the game, then present your other items to purchase. At the end, present your Cartwheel. It's best to add other items to your cartwheel as to "bury" your Dimensions (or other videogame) offer. Occasionally, they will refuse, or will figure it out when Cartwheel happened to take $15 off your pack of gum ;). Just be calm, polite, and confident. If you get denied, lie play dumb and say you were unaware of the policy, and most importantly, be polite and apologetic upon denial. Yes, it can be annoying when they play detective, but it's certainly within their right to deny you.
worked great, had a bunch of other small stuff in the cartwheel coupon and the guy didn't blink at the 15$ discount after price match. Also price matched the portal level pack and jurassic team pack from walmart. Not a bad haul.

So worth it! The added story mission pertains to the annual chili cook-off episode "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer", and the Simpsons Adventure World is probably the best one in the entire game.
Thanks, but it looks like I missed my window. It's back up to $19.96 now.

I am surprised that target hasn't bothered making their system like TRU. If you pm the sale promos no longer apply.

I can't decide if I should pick the jurassic world team pack for $9.xx at amazon / walmart.

It bothers me that the other character in the Jurassic World pack is just an unnamed random ACU guy. The team leader in the movie was named Hamada and he seemed like a badass, they couldn't have made it him?

It bothers me that the other character in the Jurassic World pack is just an unnamed random ACU guy. The team leader in the movie was named Hamada and he seemed like a badass, they couldn't have made it him?
I agree. Honestly the 2 Jurassic World guys are probably the least appealing characters they have made yet. Maybe Midway Arcade guy, but I don't have that one yet.

I agree. Honestly the 2 Jurassic World guys are probably the least appealing characters they have made yet. Maybe Midway Arcade guy, but I don't have that one yet.
No, you're right, they're the worst. Midway Arcade guy is as good an nondescript gamer kid can be. Even the Jurassic World park is kinda underwhelming. I'm glad it's there but I'm glad they didn't double down and try to do a level pack.

They should have made a little black gymnast girl that can kick dinosaurs.
OR her dad...
goldblum451.jpg

I tried pricematching Lego Dimensions fun packs at $7.49 at Target, but the B1G1 50% didn't work. I had read that some people got it to work with Infinity figures, though. The Target website has a few at $7.59 and B1G1 50% off, but only one of them I was interested in. Plus, I was hoping to PM some level packs that are cheap on Amazon and get the promo. I might try doing a couple of the fun packs through the website. I'm not sure if I could trade one of them for the one I want once I get into the store or not.

You wouldn't be able to do an even exchange since they have different DPCI's. They would let you do a no receipt return, which they would swipe your drivers license, and then give you a gift card for the lowest price the item had ever been.

Just nabbed this for $45 on XOne off Amazon. My GF already had a few packs, was just waiting on the base game to drop which it did nicely. Can't complain.

Got shot down at two different targets trying to PM their own site and use cartwheel. Ugh. I was thinking it was finally my time to get Dimensions.

Got shot down at two different targets trying to PM their own site and use cartwheel. Ugh. I was thinking it was finally my time to get Dimensions.
Were you buying anything else when you tried the price match? If you can bury the price drop in a large purchase so it's not as noticeable, I have more luck

Really disappointed in the Midway arcade pack being so short (considering how nostalgic and fun it was) but also kinda bewildered by it. Is it really true all the arcade content is strewn across all those other levels? It has to be the only pack that has such a strange cross functionality with the game. I just saddens me that the wizard likely won't tell me fun facts in all the other levels!

bread's done
Back