Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon's been shipping these to me in those cardboard wraps and they always come crushed. This time, they sent Slimer in a bubble mailer and it was so badly crushed that the contents of the Lego box spilled inside the envelope. 😠

OK, real dumb question incoming, but I just can't seem to figure this out.

A few days ago my daughter (6) and I started (and finished) the Simpsons level pack. Insanity peppers, I love that episode! Yay! We finished and got dropped into the Simpsons free-roam. 

Well, today, she wanted to play the level again. And I cannot figure out how to access it. 

When I put Homer on the base, and then go to the Simpsons free-roam portal, my only option is to access the free-roam. 

How do I access the level again?

OK, real dumb question incoming, but I just can't seem to figure this out.

A few days ago my daughter (6) and I started (and finished) the Simpsons level pack. Insanity peppers, I love that episode! Yay! We finished and got dropped into the Simpsons free-roam.

Well, today, she wanted to play the level again. And I cannot figure out how to access it.

When I put Homer on the base, and then go to the Simpsons free-roam portal, my only option is to access the free-roam.

How do I access the level again?
Go to the portal in the main hub. That's where the level select is.

The BTTF level pack is now $11.99 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wb-games-lego-dimensions-level-pack-back-to-the-future/6618021.p?id=1219664844968&skuId=6618021

I had previously posted it when it went to $12.99 (same price as fun packs at the time), and Best Buy lowered the price of fun packs by another dollar, but still hasn't caught their error in pricing this level pack the same as a fun pack.
Still the same price in store. Can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. Unless it is supposed to be this price. Got it for like $9 something with GCU. Thanks for the heads up. It was the last level pack I was missing.

I don't understand how they haven't fixed it either, but I do believe it's definitely a misprice. Doc Brown still shows as $14.99 despite the fun packs getting their MSRP lowered to $11.99. Someone screwed up and didn't know the difference between the two.

If you guys don't mind open box - looks like amazon warehouse deals dropped a lot of prices. There are several team packs around 10 dollars and level packs 15-18.

Since this got rezzed, I'd like to point out once again that the Back to the Future level pack price still hasn't been fixed, and is still $11.99 at Best Buy. And Doc Brown is still at the old MSRP of $14.99. I wonder when they'll finally realize they dropped the price on the wrong pack. I can't believe no one's caught this yet.

Since this got rezzed, I'd like to point out once again that the Back to the Future level pack price still hasn't been fixed, and is still $11.99 at Best Buy. And Doc Brown is still at the old MSRP of $14.99. I wonder when they'll finally realize they dropped the price on the wrong pack. I can't believe no one's caught this yet.
Now is the time to get it and even better if you have GCU. Heck even if you don't no reason to pass it up for that price. :) And yeah crazy that it still hasn't been fixed.

Season 2 details are coming on Thursday, but here are the rumored franchises.
Meh. Harry Potter sounds okay. The rest don't interest me in the least. And who on Earth thought Mission Impossible made any kind of sense for this game?!

The rumored Knight Rider pack would have been much cooler than most of the rest of this stuff.

EDIT: I read that stuff more closely. It looks like this is supposed to be for Lego Dimensions 2? Does this mean we'd have to buy new starter packs to use this content?

Meh. Harry Potter sounds okay. The rest don't interest me in the least. And who on Earth thought Mission Impossible made any kind of sense for this game?!

The rumored Knight Rider pack would have been much cooler than most of the rest of this stuff.
Probably the same people that realized the Ant Man DLC (which is similar in style since it is also a "heist" theme) was one of the best received for Lego Avengers.

The other things actually look great. Teen Titans will excite my sons. My oldest will love the Goonies and Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts. And a Lego Sonic? Yes, please.

EDIT: I read that stuff more closely. It looks like this is supposed to be for Lego Dimensions 2? Does this mean we'd have to buy new starter packs to use this content?
According to the faq the base will be comparable with all dimensions games. You will not have to buy a starter pack again. (Lego dimensions FAQ on their website)

Meh? Those are mostly great, minus Mission Impossible and Goonies.

Lego PPG and Adventure Time? Hell yes.

Only thing better would be Archer and Futurama.

Here's the E3 trailer for season 2.  It confirms the rumored new IPs, as well as Gremlins, The A-Team, and ET.  Also, I saw some leaked box art, and there will be a new type of pack called a "Story Pack".  The one I saw was for the new Ghostbusters, and the box said "Play the whole movie", so I'm assuming story packs are lengthier versions of level packs.

I wonder what new levels there will be in reference to A-team and Gremlins. Perhaps an 80's mash up or individual levels.  On the fence about adventure time but I'm glad to see teen titans. 

Wow. The A-Team, Gremlins, The Goonies, and ET? Do kids actually have any idea what these things are? I guess with that weird mix of '80s nostalgia, a Knight Rider pack is all but inevitable.

Wow. The A-Team, Gremlins, The Goonies, and ET? Do kids actually have any idea what these things are? I guess with that weird mix of '80s nostalgia, a Knight Rider pack is all but inevitable.
LOL.... silly warreni, thinking the target audience is children here :rofl:

The parents of the kids probably do. I was a kid in the 80s/90s and those are all up my alley. My kids have seen The Goonies, ET and Gremlins. Those are classics.

I haven't seen A-Team, Knight Rider, or Beetlejuice in a long time. Might watch a few of those before the new sets come out.

Funny we still have Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles and Flintstones vitamins and I don't even think they play The Flintstones on TV anymore. Some kids probably don't even know it was a cartoon.

LOL.... silly warreni, thinking the target audience is children here :p
Hell, what do I know?! A lot of this stuff dates from the '80s and '90s and nobody under 30 is likely to have heard of it. Also, apparently, there WILL be a Knight Rider pack along with a Beetlejuice one. This is getting really strange.

Funny we still have Fruity/Cocoa Pebbles and Flintstones vitamins and I don't even think they play The Flintstones on TV anymore. Some kids probably don't even know it was a cartoon.
That's the power of marketing for you, I guess. The only reference most kids have for The Flintstones is probably those terrible live-action movies (not that the cartoons were great to begin with).

I'm happy with the announced franchises, minus there being no Star Wars :) But we get a Lego star wars game in a few weeks, so I'm good!

I'm mostly looking forward to Harry Potter / The Goonies. Will be interesting to see how they handle the Goonies adventure world, assuming we get one? Goonies was one of my favorite silly movies growing up :D

I'm mostly looking forward to Harry Potter / The Goonies. Will be interesting to see how they handle the Goonies adventure world, assuming we get one? Goonies was one of my favorite silly movies growing up :D
From what they've announced so far, all the new franchises will get an Adventure World, Ghostbusters and Fantastic Beasts get Story Packs, and Adventure Time and Mission Impossible get level packs.

Dr who fun pack is ~$6 at target and Amazon. Sensei Wu is $6 at target. Picked up the dr who for the dark and the cybermen. Any opinions on Wu?
Interesting. I've seen Sensei Wu for $6 at Amazon (Prime only) for a week or so, but didn't check Target. Wondering who matched the price to whom, though never seen Target matches others price, might pick him up just for his rare ability.

Interesting. I've seen Sensei Wu for $6 at Amazon (Prime only) for a week or so, but didn't check Target. Wondering who matched the price to whom, though never seen Target matches others price, might pick him up just for his rare ability.
Target has had Wu at $6 for months without explanation. I suspect that late wave packs in general may have sold less up front because interest will always be lower months later, especially given how high fun packs were (and still are after the $3 MSRP drop) priced compared to any other video game content anywhere. Why is TT still making $60 games with 20+ levels and hundreds of characters from high demand IP's that probably want to be paid real money if they can sell six levels, one playable character, and some lego bricks for $50?

Target has had Wu at $6 for months without explanation. I suspect that late wave packs in general may have sold less up front because interest will always be lower months later, especially given how high fun packs were (and still are after the $3 MSRP drop) priced compared to any other video game content anywhere. Why is TT still making $60 games with 20+ levels and hundreds of characters from high demand IP's that probably want to be paid real money if they can sell six levels, one playable character, and some lego bricks for $50?
Because as we should have all learned in childhood and been reminded of by DI: when golden eggs are enough to satisfy you all you wind up with are goose guts.

TRU has joker and Harley Quinn team pack (and a few others) for $15.60 and midway level pack for $18.60; the rest are $19.20. Are these great prices or just good prices?

Thanks.

I really hope there are other lego Gremmies aside from the Gizzer. I'd like a Stripe or Mohawk.

Also makes me wonder what the accessories included would be. A microwave? Blender? Chainsaw?

e: does Warreni literally want to fuck KITT or something, holy cow

They've been available for a bit cheaper than that before, but those prices aren't too bad.
I'm losing track of all these sales. Where and for how much was it cheaper? And I'm not talking about PM+Cartwheel at Target. I was thinking of jumping on the TRU deals for the team and level packs and was trying to recall the old prices myself.

I'm losing track of all these sales. Where and for how much was it cheaper? And I'm not talking about PM+Cartwheel at Target. I was thinking of jumping on the TRU deals for the team and level packs and was trying to recall the old prices myself.
Midway Arcade Pack was 19.99 (15.99 w/ GCU) at BB on release week at Best Buy. I think all level packs were that price during that week.

Midway Arcade Pack was 19.99 (15.99 w/ GCU) at BB on release week at Best Buy. I think all level packs were that price during that week.

Yeah they were all that price, and the Joker/Harley pack was on sale for $14.99 ($11.99 w/ GCU). Other team packs were the same price.
Thanks, for the info. I don't have GCU so the TRU price is close enough for me. Plus, I have some TRU bucks to burn.

Is the former even possible without the latter? I assumed it was a symptom.
All I know is I watching this dude wheel and deal his way around Canada and the US, attempting to pick up every NES cart and then all of a sudden he's talking about his father being a tyrant and some other shit. I turned it off at that point.

Is there a free roam/open world part of this game that I'm missing? My kid and I started it this weekend and, coming from DI where you have a nice open sandbox to explore, this just feels like we are on a very narrow set track with constant reminders of the characters we don't own...

Is there a free roam/open world part of this game that I'm missing? My kid and I started it this weekend and, coming from DI where you have a nice open sandbox to explore, this just feels like we are on a very narrow set track with constant reminders of the characters we don't own...
Assuming you haven't been to them yet, the Adventure Worlds are what you're looking for :) I think you can get to them after playing the first story level. There's an elevator on the left side of the portal room. It'll take you to an area that has a bunch of stargate looking circles. Each gate will take you to an Adventure World based on a certain franchise. You just need 1 character from the franchise to be able to visit the world. The adventure worlds are more open and have hidden bricks, simple quests, etc. :)

bread's done
Back