Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how CAGs feel about playing with just tags and maybe custom figures/vehicles, but Bricklink.com has all kinds of Dimensions tags (including blanks for vehicles) for super cheap.

Even the $30 level sets like Homer, Chell, and Gamer Kid (Midway pack) are less than $3 each.

I filled in all of the blanks I needed like Oz, Jurassic World, and the likes for really cheap (Wicked Witch, Superman, and wonder woman tags.  I didn't care too much about having those minifigs (and some I already had like Gollum and Legolas), so this worked out splendidly for me.  The website is set up very weirdly, but half the fun is trying to find good sellers with cheap shipping who have everything you want...

Not sure how CAGs feel about playing with just tags and maybe custom figures/vehicles, but Bricklink.com has all kinds of Dimensions tags (including blanks for vehicles) for super cheap.

Even the $30 level sets like Homer, Chell, and Gamer Kid (Midway pack) are less than $3 each.

I filled in all of the blanks I needed like Oz, Jurassic World, and the likes for really cheap (Wicked Witch, Superman, and wonder woman tags. I didn't care too much about having those minifigs (and some I already had like Gollum and Legolas), so this worked out splendidly for me. The website is set up very weirdly, but half the fun is trying to find good sellers with cheap shipping who have everything you want...
Interesting... Does it matter if they're from another region? I wouldn't think so, but thought it'd be best to ask before ordering any. Thanks :)

Ooh, that might be a good solution for me for the Simpson's level. And maybe Scooby doo, although I'm a bit more interested in that set...

Interesting... Does it matter if they're from another region? I wouldn't think so, but thought it'd be best to ask before ordering any. Thanks :)
All TTL are simple RFID chips with a bit of extra password protection, they're good worldwide.

I placed an order with a seller in the Netherlands: int'l has quite cheap shipping. 3 euros for 7 bases + 6 blanks + a handful of random dumb LEGO parts/pieces. I'd suggest staying away from Canada, their shipping is outrageous for some reason (I tried placing an order for 4 bases + 2 Dimensions vehicles in their bags, and the shipping quote was $7.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

The BTTF Level Pack is $11.99 ($9.59 w/ GCU) @ Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wb-games-lego-dimensions-level-pack-back-to-the-future/6618021.p?id=1219664844968&skuId=6618021
Yep. It has been that price for quite some time now.

Has anyone posted that the Doc Brown fun pack is $6.44 with Prime on Amazon? I already have the level pack; should I bother getting this, too?

https://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Brown-Not-Machine-Specific/dp/B00XUYWYU2?ie=UTF8&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00XUYWYU2&linkCode=xm2&psc=1&tag=cheapassgam08-20

All TTL are simple RFID chips with a bit of extra password protection, they're good worldwide.

I placed an order with a seller in the Netherlands: int'l has quite cheap shipping. 3 euros for 7 bases + 6 blanks + a handful of random dumb LEGO parts/pieces. I'd suggest staying away from Canada, their shipping is outrageous for some reason (I tried placing an order for 4 bases + 2 Dimensions vehicles in their bags, and the shipping quote was $7.
Thanks!

$10 off level packs? Wonder if this is all meijer stores. Didn't see it advertised.
Forget that little $10 off.

microsoftstore.com has all Lego Dimesions 50% off, too bad they don't have PS4 Starter Pack for obvious.

And they also use the old regular price like $14.99 for fun pack, but still beat most sale before.

I picked up Portal, Dr Who and Midway level packs for $15/ea. I know Midway has been cheap but I can't recall seeing be portal or dr who packs at these prices...not that I've been tracking them for that long.

Silly MS store. I was in the store this morning buying Halo 5 and their lack of signage gave me 0 indication of the sale on TTL. Oh well. I hope they enjoy covering shipping for free.

The Xbox one and 360 starter kits are discounted on the microsoft store site. It's mentioned in the other thread about their sale but some people have been able to get their store to pm the website

I picked up Portal, Dr Who and Midway level packs for $15/ea. I know Midway has been cheap but I can't recall seeing be portal or dr who packs at these prices...not that I've been tracking them for that long.

Silly MS store. I was in the store this morning buying Halo 5 and their lack of signage gave me 0 indication of the sale on TTL. Oh well. I hope they enjoy covering shipping for free.
do you know if these work for all platforms? theyre all the same right? so buying any level kit will work for ps3/ps4?

do you know if these work for all platforms? theyre all the same right? so buying any level kit will work for ps3/ps4?
All fun/level/team packs work on all platform (in fact, it's the chipped tag below the figure, you can stick anything or nothing on top of the tag). Technically we're paying overpriced lego pieces on the tags with chip which is the only thing matters.

Portal base of X360 only on X360 and X1 on X1, others portal base are the same. (otherwise I would have picked up the X360 starter pack for PS4 and get the game disc somewhere)

I saw as part of the Microsoft Store's Lego Dimensions sale that Slimer was only 5.99 with free shipping. Only one I needed and was waiting for a deal of 8 or below on him. Was happy to find it. Now I can get the last three gold bricks.

I saw as part of the Microsoft Store's Lego Dimensions sale that Slimer was only 5.99 with free shipping. Only one I needed and was waiting for a deal of 8 or below on him. Was happy to find it. Now I can get the last three gold bricks.
Thanks! Got one and Stay Puft as well. Because of the deals and even limited play of the toys I think we'll end up completing all of wave 1 too.

Thankyou, walked in tonight and bought Slimer, Bane and Lloyd all $5.99 each. They had all Lego Dimensions in the back. Completed my set for now. Even if they are not listed on the site, they may be in the back.

Why....

Why did I buy the PS4 Starter pack last month.

Now I own:

Starter

Jurassic World Team pack

BTTF Level Pack

Portal 2 Level Pack

Sensei Wu Fun Pack

Aquaman Fun Pack

Cyberman Fun Pack

Midway Arcade Level Pack (Just bought it from MS)
Unikitty Fun Pack (Also just bought today from MS)

Already have the next sets I want lined up.

Was never into Amiibo/skylanders/infinity, didn't think Dimensions was anything special. 

Looks like I'll be buying into this... mostly for my son but we'll be playing the game together a lot.

BttF was sold out at the BBY near me so I price matched at Wal-mart.. is this 50% off sale the cheapest these sets have ever been for the most part?  I'm trying to figure out if I need to buy a decent chunk of them up or if I can space these purchases out waiting for similar sales. 

Are there any sets that might be harder to find that I should focus on getting first?  Any that are in high supply that I can wait on?  Thanks for any help.

TRU has Fun Packs 3 for $25. Team and Level Packs are $10 off. One day only.

Team Packs are $16. All Level Packs are $22, expect for the Midway pack, which is $20. 

The Microsoft sale is still much better, and that one runs till 07/05/16.

Looks like I'll be buying into this... mostly for my son but we'll be playing the game together a lot.

BttF was sold out at the BBY near me so I price matched at Wal-mart.. is this 50% off sale the cheapest these sets have ever been for the most part? I'm trying to figure out if I need to buy a decent chunk of them up or if I can space these purchases out waiting for similar sales.

Are there any sets that might be harder to find that I should focus on getting first? Any that are in high supply that I can wait on? Thanks for any help.
Probably cheapest for level pack so far, but not the Fun Pack. Best Buy had 50% off on all Fun Pack in March plus GCU and Target had all Chima and Lego Movie Fun Pack for $3.75 before that but not likely to happen again.

Best Buy wouldn't price match the MS store as it wasn't listed on the website price match policy. Which I thought was a little weird as the policy uses the word "examples" with a list of sites. Anyway, I just ordered the Scooby-Doo and Doctor Who sets off the MS site.

I just bought the Starter Set last week at Best Buy for $70 using my Gamer's Club account. I wish I coulda got it for the $50 MS has it. :p

Does Best Buy or Walmart happen to price match the Microsoft online store?
There's a local Microsoft Store here and the Walmart I went to price-matched it without issue.
I've had some weird moments about BestBuy.Com matching an order.

Back in 2013, I called and was immediately connected with a Manager (So he said).

I was trying to price match Target.com but instead, he asked if I knew the # to a local Target. He called up the Target to confirm the price listed on their site, then asked how far Target was away from my City.

Afterwards the call, I asked the man why he asked how far Target was away. His reply was they could not honor any store more than 25 miles from my place of residence.

I've never run into this problem since.

Best Buy wouldn't price match the MS store as it wasn't listed on the website price match policy. Which I thought was a little weird as the policy uses the word "examples" with a list of sites. Anyway, I just ordered the Scooby-Doo and Doctor Who sets off the MS site.

I just bought the Starter Set last week at Best Buy for $70 using my Gamer's Club account. I wish I coulda got it for the $50 MS has it. :p
My local Best Buy won't PM Target because they're not on that list, despite Target being three stores up the road.

You should buy a starter from MS and then return it on your BB receipt ;)

BestBuy.com would not price match MicrosofStore.com but they did call my local Microsoft Store confirmed they did have all the level packs I wanted in stock.   I got the BBTF, Portal 2, Ghostbusters, Simpsons, Midway and Dr. Who and my local store did not have the 360 started pack in stock so I got denied on that price match.

Just a heads up, level packs are selling out pretty fast at the MS store.  I thought I could put off ordering for a couple of days but just checked on some that I was looking at like Portal, Simpsons, and Ghostbusters and they're all gone. 

Was still able to pick up Dr. Who, Scooby Doo, and Jurassic World about 5 min ago and just about all of the fun packs seemed in stock.

Are there any notable differences between the Xbox 360 and Xbox One starter packs?
My PS4 starter pack pad says "For PS3/PS4/Wii U" on the bottom. I'd assume the Xbox 360/One say "For Xbox 360, Xbox One" on it.

Problem is, you can't buy the GAME digital, or separate from the starter pack.. (Maybe off Lego's website as a replacement..) So whatever console you buy it for, you are most likely stuck with that version of the game.

Highly doubt the 360 version would become BC on the One at any point..

The bricks includes are all the same, only difference in all versions is the game disk itself (and the pad model #)

(I WISH we could get the game digital, at least not make us use the disk once we install the game)

Yeah, BC is pretty much out of the question.  They said that porting of accessories that used USB wouldn't work.

I don't get why it has to have disk verification either, the game doesn't work unless you have the portal - so it has built in copy protection.

I don't get why it has to have disk verification either, the game doesn't work unless you have the portal - so it has built in copy protection.
I agree with this completely. Unlike the DI base which is included in different sets and available used everywhere for $.99; the Lego portal is 1:1with the base game.

Logistically I'm guessing that a game's software cannot bypass the disc check on the console OS. They could give the game away for free as a digital download and just say "Portal required for play" or something...

I agree with this completely. Unlike the DI base which is included in different sets and available used everywhere for $.99; the Lego portal is 1:1with the base game.

Logistically I'm guessing that a game's software cannot bypass the disc check on the console OS. They could give the game away for free as a digital download and just say "Portal required for play" or something...
Even in the case of Infinity, this is the classic "razor blade" business model. The software is nothing more than a vessel for the real money makers - the figures. You want the software in as many hands as possible, it drives sales off the packs. And while the Lego portal does not require all those bricks to work (in fact they actually make it tougher to store, I've been thinking of having my son make an "alternative build" of it that doesn't have as many pieces that will stick out and move) it is still worthless unless you buy figures.

Even in the case of Infinity, this is the classic "razor blade" business model. The software is nothing more than a vessel for the real money makers - the figures. You want the software in as many hands as possible, it drives sales off the packs. And while the Lego portal does not require all those bricks to work (in fact they actually make it tougher to store, I've been thinking of having my son make an "alternative build" of it that doesn't have as many pieces that will stick out and move) it is still worthless unless you buy figures.
And unlike DI, GameStop doesn't sell use Lego Dimensioms stuff because of the risk of missing pieces. Brilliant.

Yeah, you don't need any of the Legos on the portal build and I'd love to convince my kid we could just take them off and use them on other Lego builds but I know there's 0% chance of that flying :)

Just a heads up, level packs are selling out pretty fast at the MS store. I thought I could put off ordering for a couple of days but just checked on some that I was looking at like Portal, Simpsons, and Ghostbusters and they're all gone.

Was still able to pick up Dr. Who, Scooby Doo, and Jurassic World about 5 min ago and just about all of the fun packs seemed in stock.
The 360 starter pack is also sold out. Waited a day after being denied a price match at Best Buy and missed out completely.

And unlike DI, GameStop doesn't sell use Lego Dimensioms stuff because of the risk of missing pieces. Brilliant.

Yeah, you don't need any of the Legos on the portal build and I'd love to convince my kid we could just take them off and use them on other Lego builds but I know there's 0% chance of that flying :)
It is such a crappy, unstable build, too. I hate it, so many little parts that pop off when I put it up, the little "wings" sticking out are so unnecessary. So many Lego sets these days are built to look at and not play with. Older sets did not have as many parts that would fall off easily, or extensions that were not stable - of course they look better, but kids want to play with them beyond just building it.

That's very true. I originally got a used starter pack with a few level and team packs for very good price on ebay, but there are a few missing pieces here and there. Even though it doesn't affect the gameplay (and I don't mind playing only the barebone just the plate and tags), for the sake of completeness I still returned the whole thing.

It is such a crappy, unstable build, too. I hate it, so many little parts that pop off when I put it up, the little "wings" sticking out are so unnecessary. So many Lego sets these days are built to look at and not play with. Older sets did not have as many parts that would fall off easily, or extensions that were not stable - of course they look better, but kids want to play with them beyond just building it.
Yea, I put the portal on the... portal... once, and immediately took it off. The gate for the new Ghost Busters look great, but I don't want to support that reboot.

Disappointed the new Ghostbusters is given a story pack where as much other deserving franchises aren't. Especially if they are trying to draw kids in. Adventure Time should have been given thst spot. I know Fantastic Beasts is also supposed to be getting a story pack but I don't have as much of a problem with that getting one.

Disappointed the new Ghostbusters is given a story pack where as much other deserving franchises aren't. Especially if they are trying to draw kids in. Adventure Time should have been given thst spot. I know Fantastic Beasts is also supposed to be getting a story pack but I don't have as much of a problem with that getting one.
They just bet on the wrong horse. They likely had to make that decision back before they knew the Ghostbuster movie would suck. Also, synergy. It's a horrible, horrible thing a lot of times but they have a lot more to gain in pushing a bunch of Ghostbusters crap at the same time (also see: Ghostbuster animated show rerelease, Ghostbuster 4k, and weird Ghostbuster activision game).

I'd have taken anything over Ghostbusters.

They just bet on the wrong horse. They likely had to make that decision back before they knew the Ghostbuster movie would suck. Also, synergy. It's a horrible, horrible thing a lot of times but they have a lot more to gain in pushing a bunch of Ghostbusters crap at the same time (also see: Ghostbuster animated show rerelease, Ghostbuster 4k, and weird Ghostbuster activision game).

I'd have taken anything over Ghostbusters.
And how you know it sucks how? It isn't out yet. It hasn't even premiered yet. Yet you are certain it is going to suck. Because women are in the roles? Because 60 second trailers make you certain? Did you ever see the trailers for the original Ghostbusters? I did back in the 80s, and it looked fucking stupid. People in the theater the first time I saw it laughed at the idea they would make such a dumb looking movie.

It might be fucking hilarious but you don't know, so why not trash it and say you would take "anything" over it as a Lego set? And regardless of the movie, the absolute best Adventure set for Disney Infinity the first year was the Lone Ranger. A set based on that movie. Maybe you should wait and see before making a judgement?

bread's done
Back