Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't encountered about the need for certain combinations of abilities before. For example, I figured buying Gimli would get me small hatch access and then I'd no longer need Gollum, but there's a ton of small hatch access points that are underwater and require the diving ability. Lame.

Mini Rant!

I had $30 dollars to spend on some packs this weekend and some $4 in a Best Buy giftcard, so after picking up 2 Fun Packs from Five Below, I went to the Best Buy next door to try to pricematch Gamestop's price on the Ghostbusters Level Pack. They didn't have any left, so I called a different store to have them hold one for me. When I show up, they had set aside a Stay Puft Fun Pack. Luckily, they did have one level pack left. Phew!

Full Rant!

The next morning I found out I had earned a $10 Best Buy gift card, so I decide to buy both of the Ghostbusters fun packs. I checked stock before I left and they were both showing in stock at all stores. I did notice that the Slimer one was showing something like 3 or less in some stores, but I figured it was safe to pick up anywhere. Found the Stay Puft in the Dimensions Aisle, the peg next to it has an old ad for Wave 5. I go to a blue shirt to ask for help. 

Me: Hey, I'm trying find the Slimer pack so I can pricematch to Gamestop, but I can't seem to find it.

Blue Shirt: Oh, we've got truck coming in tomorrow. We get more stock Mondays and Thursdays. (Ok...)

Me: Yeah, but I'm trying to do a price match.

BS: Oh, don't worry, our sales are all week. (Huh?)

Me: ...but I'm trying to match the price to Gamestop.

BS: Oh their ads run to Wednesdays. (Sigh)

Me: Are you sure? The online price wasn't in a print ad.

*BS goes to check out counter*

*BS asks for item details*

BS: Is there a certain reason why you didn't buy it there? (WTF!?!)

Me: I have a Best Buy gift card.

*BS nods*

BS: Oh it says it was released 5/2016? (I think he got excited because he thought it was coming out next year?)

BS: Ok well it shows here that we have two in stock...

At this point, he calls an assistant manager, tells him what I'm looking for. We both go to the LD aisle, leaving the blue shirt behind. The assistant manager looks for a bit, then tells me he's going to look in the back. He comes back 2 minutes later with the pack in hand, and tells me they can do the price match at the checkout.

I don't know if the blue shirt was just bad at small talk, or if he was really ticked off at having to help me, but what kind of question was that? Did he really not want me to do business there? Geez!

I hadn't encountered about the need for certain combinations of abilities before. For example, I figured buying Gimli would get me small hatch access and then I'd no longer need Gollum, but there's a ton of small hatch access points that are underwater and require the diving ability. Lame.
Really? good that I already have Slimer which can also dive and mini access, I just returned the $5 Gollum as I didn't like the character.

Toys R Us has Starter Packs for 50% off ($39.99-$44.99) & 25% off Fun Packs. 

You can also pre-order Wave 7 Marceline Adventure Time Fun Pack (Toys R Us Exclusive)

07/19/16 - 07/23/16

Use 46937073.

The only way to get the item ID for Brickseek is from the Walmart URL. It's not used on the in-store labels. But you can search the Walmart site using the UPC, which is 883929469680.
Is there any other way to get the item ID? The level packs only have the UPC and shelf ID but neither work in brickseek.

That's what I mean. On the webpage I only see a shelf id or upc, but not an item id. I tried both in brickseek and neither work.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
It's in the URL like the other post said.

For example, the Bart Simpson Fun Pack URL is:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Dimensions-The-Simpsons-Bart-Fun-Pack-Universal/46937079

And the number at the end of that URL is 46937079, which works in BrickSeek. The "Walmart #" on the product page is NOT the correct number for BrickSeek.

so for anyone planning to buy the Marceline fun pack day 1, I'd recommend pre-ordering it. They're expected to sell out pretty quick for the first batch.

I'm planning on returning my xbone starter kit that I bought for $50 since it's cheaper at Toysrus now. At the time, I could only get a Xbone, but now that or PS4 is available so I can choose. Is there any difference how the game performs between them?

Toys R Us has Starter Packs for 50% off ($39.99-$44.99) & 25% off Fun Packs.

You can also pre-order Wave 7 Marceline Adventure Time Fun Pack (Toys R Us Exclusive)
The 25% discount doesn't seem to apply to the Marceline pre-order. Is that what others are seeing?

The 25% discount doesn't seem to apply to the Marceline pre-order. Is that what others are seeing?
our sales don't typically work on pre-orders unless it is specified for that item. however if there is a sale when it releases the price should adjust

The 5 Below in Crestwood IL has $5 fun packs.

Benny
Bad Cop
Gimli
Cragger
Eris
Lavel
and Nya

Grabbed myself a Benny.
I just checked the only 5 Below within a 50-mile radius, and all I found were a crapton of Bennys, Lavals, Craggers, and Zanes. I wish I 'd found a Gimli; he's the only one on that list I want.

Not if Disney Infinity or Skylanders figures are good indication, they have plenty of those TRU exclusive left.
yeah, because those came out a while ago and we've had time to stock up. i'm talking about the initial shipment, those ones typically go pretty fast if it's a popular item

"Exclusively at Toys R Us in 2016."

That line in the description plus not seeing the TRU EXCLUSIVE label/sticker on the packaging means that Marceline is only a timed exclusive.  Glad to see there'll be a fun pack option to unlock Ooo.

I just checked the only 5 Below within a 50-mile radius, and all I found were a crapton of Bennys, Lavals, Craggers, and Zanes. I wish I 'd found a Gimli; he's the only one on that list I want.
It seems like whatever 5 Below has, the same that my Walmart has at $5 as well, plus some level pack at $15, but there is no 5 Below in CA.

The one I went to today had a lot of Laval. They had some Craggers and Nyas, but very few Bad Cops and Eris. No Zane, Benny or Gimli.

Took Eris and Nya. I'll have to go to the first store next week for the last 3. Hope they're still in stock. Also, I'm pretty sure not all stores are getting Dimensions sets. I've gone to 5 stores since I heard about the ad, but only 2 have had them.

I dont think you need to preorder Marceline. Everyone said the same about Jay and Laval, but look at how that turned out. TRU stuck with a huge batch of stock.

Yeah, it always seems like TRUs have stacked Dimensions sections.  I get that the person before said the thing about preordering because he works for TRU, but unless they do something different this time around, I bet it won't be too hard to find them.  Besides the fact that there are so many stores, he/she also only predicted that the first batch would be scarce, which also means they'll be getting more (if it really does end up being scarce in the first place...).

Anyway, I only wish TRU would have enough foresight to have multiple batch orders of the IN-DEMAND Transformers Masterpiece figures (not the less popular side characters) as they are with Dimensions.   :roll:

Anyway, I only wish TRU would have enough foresight to have multiple batch orders of the IN-DEMAND Transformers Masterpiece figures (not the less popular side characters) as they are with Dimensions. :roll:
Yes, so true. On the whole, toys like that (especially TFs because I buy those) need to emulate video game releases...dates for release, preorders, and less 'waves' of figures (allow them to be boxed with copies of themselves to help eliminate shelf warmers).

Yes, so true. On the whole, toys like that (especially TFs because I buy those) need to emulate video game releases...dates for release, preorders, and less 'waves' of figures (allow them to be boxed with copies of themselves to help eliminate shelf warmers).
Those practices aren't incompetence, those are intentional efforts to manipulate the psychology of children to sell more toys. When you see shelves full of undesirable figures like transformers you have never heard of, first order storm troopers wearing outfits I don't even remember from the movie, etc, that usually means the retailer receives their product in a case that contains a fixed assortment including the figures no one will want.

The Skylanders Kaos trap is probably the most famous example in toys to life - that was shipped 2 in a case of 24 traps that also included 4+ each of water and life traps that were last priority for normal players because you got one of each in the starter pack. If they don't disclose a release date, you have to keep going back to check if stuff is in stock, which is another opportunity for them to sell you (or any kids you have with you) the shelf warmers now and still sell you the thing you actually wanted when it comes out later. Sure enough, as Trap Team began to wind down, Activision put out widely available 3-packs with Kaos traps in them because it was time to collect the money (still bundled with two more traps you didn't want) before people lost interest and moved on to the next game.

My wife went to another Five Below for some pool toys. She picked up Gimli and Bad Cop for me. That leaves Zane and Laval...

I went to Gamestop today and they had Legolas on clearance for 10.99. Pfft, no.

I dont think you need to preorder Marceline. Everyone said the same about Jay and Laval, but look at how that turned out. TRU stuck with a huge batch of stock.
Marceline is way cooler than those no-name jackfucks so it makes sense to me

Plus the actual Adventure Time Lego sets are all built characters instead of minifigs which look like shit. I can understand people buying Dimensions sets just to have non-garbage characters.

Those practices aren't incompetence, those are intentional efforts to manipulate the psychology of children to sell more toys. When you see shelves full of undesirable figures like transformers you have never heard of, first order storm troopers wearing outfits I don't even remember from the movie, etc, that usually means the retailer receives their product in a case that contains a fixed assortment including the figures no one will want.
That may be true for regular TF figures, but as far as I know, the Masterpiece figures only come in their own cases, no assortments. Also, TRU only seems to release 2 at a time at most, once (or twice?) per year. So, someone from TRU is intentionally choosing to order less of one and more of another, unless Hasbro has some say in the distribution numbers. Anyway, I'm not sure adopting a game release structure would help any (and they did allow online preorders for a couple of MPs but they sold out quickly within a few hours) but they really should do a bit of research to figure out which characters are more popular and order accordingly to meet demand (and fix their pricing!!!).

I noticed several retailers dropping the starter sets down to the lowest prices I've seen them for. I got mine when it was being discounted on Amazon down to $45. This was several months ago, and was a real bargain at that time.

The current $45 on Amazon for the current-gen versions, and $40 on Amazon for the last-gen versions are a pretty good deal. Though I do note that Amazon is now out of stock for PS4 and XBone copies. Deals that are fairly close seem to be going up at Best Buy and Target today, so anyone who hasn't jumped on this yet might want to consider picking up a starter pack.

I'm still waiting for starters to beat the $32.99 WiiU version I got at Target a few months back ^_^

I'm guessing that starter prices are going to continue to drop since the new story packs will be $49.99 at launch.

The Skylanders Kaos trap is probably the most famous example in toys to life - that was shipped 2 in a case of 24 traps that also included 4+ each of water and life traps that were last priority for normal players because you got one of each in the starter pack. If they don't disclose a release date, you have to keep going back to check if stuff is in stock, which is another opportunity for them to sell you (or any kids you have with you) the shelf warmers now and still sell you the thing you actually wanted when it comes out later. Sure enough, as Trap Team began to wind down, Activision put out widely available 3-packs with Kaos traps in them because it was time to collect the money (still bundled with two more traps you didn't want) before people lost interest and moved on to the next game.
Yeah, I know. :)

It's just dumb to do things like that because it creates so much unneeded inventory that is a loss to both store and manufacturer. Then they wonder why kids are more into videogames than toys.

Jumped on the Dimensions train today with the Starter set. Ordered the Doctor Who and BttF fun packs on Amazon that were only $5...might get the Jurassic World one that's on clearance at Walmart. Mainly want to add Portal and Midway Arcade to what I have before anything else...gotta wait for some deals for that stuff, though. Super excited from Gremlins this fall.

For those looking for a Ninjago figure, Amazon has Sensi Wu for $7.00, he has spinjitzu and pole vault abilities and gains you access to Ninjago world

http://amzn.to/29V33ap
Nice find! I checked the price history at Camel and looks like it's taking a dive like the Doc Brown fun pack did earlier this month. Lowest price on Amazon was just under $6 mid-April, Target had them at $6 earlier this month. I'm gonna wait and see if it drops to $5.

I'm still waiting for starters to beat the $32.99 WiiU version I got at Target a few months back ^_^

I'm guessing that starter prices are going to continue to drop since the new story packs will be $49.99 at launch.
I just jumped into at $39.99 PS4 at BestBuy after GCU (I played it for a day or 2 with a used set with missing pieces which I returned later)

The story pack do not have the portal base, you still need to buy the Starter Pack to get the base so I doubt it will drop too much further, it might get less discount if there is a demand from new players. And the Starter Pack includes many more levels than level packs and access to 3 different worlds.

So is this the definitive list of what's been spotted so far at Five Below?

Benny
Bad Cop
Gimli
Cragger
Eris
Lavel
Nya

Zane

Found all of them except Cragger, Lavel, and Nya... just wanting to make sure no one has seen any others.

bread's done
Back