Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I finally picked up a starter set from Best Buy. I guess I'll finally be able to use all those minifigs that I've bought up till now.

Marceline is way cooler than those no-name jackfucks so it makes sense to me

Plus the actual Adventure Time Lego sets are all built characters instead of minifigs which look like shit. I can understand people buying Dimensions sets just to have non-garbage characters.
She is cooler, but I have never seen a Lego Dimensions set ever be sold out including Jay/Laval. Always available at one store or another.

So is this the definitive list of what's been spotted so far at Five Below?

Benny
Bad Cop
Gimli
Cragger
Eris
Lavel
Nya

Zane

Found all of them except Cragger, Lavel, and Nya... just wanting to make sure no one has seen any others.
I haven't seen anything else at mine.

I did go back yesterday and found that the store had moved quite a few sets and restocked more. There were 3 Gimlis, so mission accomplished!

Picked up my first starter set for xbone yesterday and was playing around with it till like 1 am. This is surprisingly fun and it's pretty funny to see the in-game interactions. I'm happy with the purchase and not feel like I should go pick up a few extra characters  :lol:

Grey fox, or Anyone just getting into dimensions... Portal 2 level is fun. Just buy it.
Played Portal 2 last night, it's fun and have good different puzzles, finally something different than other Lego games (overall other Dimensions levels are pretty much like other Lego games which I have played since Star Wars, but Dimensions levels cost much more for same amount of gameplay).

Disaster happened after I finished it and free roaming in the Portal world, got a couple of gold bricks and almost got rule breaker... and game crashed (first time I saw a feedback screen to send crash info back to Sony)

Saved Game corrupted... I have an old save game backup but still lost the whole Ghostbuster and Portal progress and a few main levels.

So, make backup of saved games occasionally.

Will play again only when I get the Midway and something to drill (Emmet or Ban's drill driver). I got 9/10 minikit in Portal on the first run, should be able to get all in one run if I have those 2 abilities I'm missing. Wish I know some friend play Dimensions and can just flash me a Drill Driver chip as I don't want either Emmet or Bane.

Played Portal 2 last night, it's fun and have good different puzzles, finally something different than other Lego games (overall other Dimensions levels are pretty much like other Lego games which I have played since Star Wars, but Dimensions levels cost much more for same amount of gameplay).

Disaster happened after I finished it and free roaming in the Portal world, got a couple of gold bricks and almost got rule breaker... and game crashed (first time I saw a feedback screen to send crash info back to Sony)
Saved Game corrupted... I have an old save game backup but still lost the whole Ghostbuster and Portal progress and a few main levels.

So, make backup of saved games occasionally.

Will play again only when I get the Midway and something to drill (Emmet or Ban's drill driver). I got 9/10 minikit in Portal on the first run, should be able to get all in one run if I have those 2 abilities I'm missing. Wish I know some friend play Dimensions and can just flash me a Drill Driver chip as I don't want either Emmet or Bane.
Portal freeroam is one of the most unfinished places in the game. I've had my PS4 crash around 3-4 times trying to get rule breaker.

The fun packs seem easier to find clearanced. I stocked up on about 10 for $5 each. I'm still hunting the level packs for under $20. I've only seen it for 20 but waiting for 15.

The fun packs seem easier to find clearanced. I stocked up on about 10 for $5 each. I'm still hunting the level packs for under $20. I've only seen it for 20 but waiting for 15.
Most fun packs are optional to get 100%, and you only need 1 figure of each franchise to get that world so you don't need a whole line up of Chimas or Ninjago, Lego Movie and LotR are already covered by the starter pack. I returned a few fun pack even they were $5, as I have others to cover the required abilities.

The level packs were $15 more than a month ago at Microsoft Store, but I was too late to grab the Midway Level Pack before it's sold out, the only level pack I'm still waiting for $15 or less.

Most fun packs are optional to get 100%, and you only need 1 figure of each franchise to get that world so you don't need a whole line up of Chimas or Ninjago, Lego Movie and LotR are already covered by the starter pack. I returned a few fun pack even they were $5, as I have others to cover the required abilities.

The level packs were $15 more than a month ago at Microsoft Store, but I was too late to grab the Midway Level Pack before it's sold out, the only level pack I'm still waiting for $15 or less.
I went kind of crazy with the fun packs because clearance. But yeah, I should return the ninja go and Chima to concentrate on level packs. Probably around BF, I just hope the early ones like Simpsons, portal, and dr who are still around.

I went kind of crazy with the fun packs because clearance. But yeah, I should return the ninja go and Chima to concentrate on level packs. Probably around BF, I just hope the early ones like Simpsons, portal, and dr who are still around.
Keep the Cragger (you need Dive + Chi) and Sensei Wu (if you don't have Legolas for Pole Vault, I haven't seen him at Walmart clearance though, got it cheap at Target)

I like using Wonder Woman even she isn't a must for 100%.

Invulnerability is great in combat and test out anything that might die. Grapple and Boomerang are very common in level and makes Batman obsolete except occasional Stealth. Flying and Diving is handy to look for hidden things.

I love when in one Portal freeroam world mission, I used wonder woman to fly to collect something, and the game said Flying is cheating LOL

When Walmart clearances some of these out, are you guys finding them with all the other minifigs or are they separating them in another isle? I have three Walmarts in my area and haven't been able to find any on clearance. :p

Labeled as clearanced ... with the other characters and level packs in the normal location of all Dimensions stuff.

1 for 4 in Hartford, CT area Walmarts.

Fun packs were full price everywhere, but I did find Dr. Who level pack for $15 in the Manchester store, which had virtually nothing else in the Dimensions section.

Price matched the Jurassic World team pack to the website for $15 as well in another store.

FWIW had much better luck at Five Below.

Didn't expect so many questions to my post.

Since this is a Walmart clearance, it is very much YMMV, but there is a way to find out which store has dropped the price on them. Brickseek will show you which sets are on sale right now. All you have to do is click on the SKU, and on the next page, plug in your zip code. It will then create of list of stores near you and their prices. If you're lucky, you'll find a store with clearance prices and several in stock. 

Once you get to the store, you can look for them either in the Lego Dimensions display, or in the clearance aisle. 

Didn't expect so many questions to my post.

All you have to do is click on the SKU, and on the next page, plug in your zip code. It will then create of list of stores near you and their prices. If you're lucky, you'll find a store with clearance prices and several in stock.
Tried this, and thought it was worth noting that what I subsequently grabbed was not marked down or listed as clearance in two stores.

Looking via Brickseek is cumbersome, but you can search "Lego Dimensions" in the Walmart app and the lower prices will indeed show up if you are searching within any single given store. It seems this works better on the app than it does on my laptop.

Scored Cyborg for $3, also saw Krusty for $7 and Emmet for $6 at separate stores within the extended area.

Keep the Cragger (you need Dive + Chi) and Sensei Wu (if you don't have Legolas for Pole Vault, I haven't seen him at Walmart clearance though, got it cheap at Target)

I like using Wonder Woman even she isn't a must for 100%.

Invulnerability is great in combat and test out anything that might die. Grapple and Boomerang are very common in level and makes Batman obsolete except occasional Stealth. Flying and Diving is handy to look for hidden things.

I love when in one Portal freeroam world mission, I used wonder woman to fly to collect something, and the game said Flying is cheating LOL
I found this guide to figures needed. Is this pretty accurate to decide what's needed to cover all abilities even though its pretty old?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/lego-dimensions/Character_Ability_Guide

I finished assembling all of the fun packs and team packs last night. I'm holding off on assembling any of the level packs until I get through an initial run-through of the main campaign. Now that I have most of the figures assembled, I should have considerably greater flexibility for collecting stuff while playing through the main story.

I found this guide to figures needed. Is this pretty accurate to decide what's needed to cover all abilities even though its pretty old?
No, there's stuff left off of that recommended list at the top, and it lists packs you don't really need. Here's a copy/paste of a post I wrote up on another board that I believe to be accurate.

I tried to be as comprehensive as possible with this list, and it's accurate as far as I am aware. I can't confirm everything firsthand, however, as I am still playing through the game and haven't seen everything yet.

You will need:

All six level packs.

Scooby Doo team pack and the Jurassic World team pack. (There are two other team packs, but only these two are required because they are the only packs that unlock their respective worlds.)

Aquaman - He is the only character with the Atlantis ability and you need that.

Cragger - He has the CHI ability, and since there is reportedly an area where you have to use this underwater, you need Cragger. He is the only character with CHI that can swim under the water.

Cyberman - Get him instead of Doc Brown. Cyberman and Doc Brown are the only two characters with the drone ability, but Cyberman can swim underwater to do underwater hacking terminals. (Haven't seen them myself yet, but people have mentioned them.)

Emmet (or Bane) - He has the drill ability and you will need that. (Bane's vehicle also can drill, but it's easier to just use a character that can do it.)

Sensei Wu - You'll need at least one Ninjago character, so you might as well get this guy. Only Sensei Wu and Legolas have the pole vault ability, so getting Sensei Wu means you won't need Legolas.

Slimer - Slimer is the only one who can sonar smash stuff underwater. He also has the mini access ability, so you won't need Bart, Gollum, or Gimli.

Superman (maybe?) - He's the only character with the freeze breath ability, but I've seen some people say that you never use that ability to solve any puzzles, just freeze enemies in fights, so you might be able to skip him if you want. I will say though, Superman is a great character to have since lots of stuff doesn't hurt him. He can also fly and makes solving stuff a lot quicker. But he might not be 100% necessary. All of his other powers will be covered by other characters if you follow this list. He can also blow up gold bricks underwater with his laser vison, but technically, you could also accomplish this by having a different underwater character eat the upgraded Scooby Snack from the Scooby Doo team pack. That might be a hassle though, so my honest recommendation is to just get Superman because he's so great in the game.

Unikitty - She is the only one who can blow up rainbow bricks, so she's required.

Wicked Witch - This is the only character available to buy from The Wizard of Oz, so she's needed. After you get her, you can basically ditch Gandalf from the starter set too. She has all of his powers and then some.

I think this list should be able to get you 100%. The only underwater characters you won't need (I think) are Cyborg, Gollum, Wonder Woman, and Zane. I don't believe there are any underwater bits where you need to use them underwater in conjunction with their other abilities, but someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I would swap Superman for Wonder Woman, she's the only one that can Grapple while Diving. You need this combo for a Gold Brick in The Simpsons Adventure World. She doesn't have the Laser ability, but you can cover that with a Scooby Snack.

No, there's stuff left off of that recommended list at the top, and it lists packs you don't really need. Here's a copy/paste of a post I wrote up on another board that I believe to be accurate.

I tried to be as comprehensive as possible with this list, and it's accurate as far as I am aware. I can't confirm everything firsthand, however, as I am still playing through the game and haven't seen everything yet.

You will need:

All six level packs.

Scooby Doo team pack and the Jurassic World team pack. (There are two other team packs, but only these two are required because they are the only packs that unlock their respective worlds.)

Aquaman - He is the only character with the Atlantis ability and you need that.

Cragger - He has the CHI ability, and since there is reportedly an area where you have to use this underwater, you need Cragger. He is the only character with CHI that can swim under the water.

Cyberman - Get him instead of Doc Brown. Cyberman and Doc Brown are the only two characters with the drone ability, but Cyberman can swim underwater to do underwater hacking terminals. (Haven't seen them myself yet, but people have mentioned them.)

Emmet (or Bane) - He has the drill ability and you will need that. (Bane's vehicle also can drill, but it's easier to just use a character that can do it.)

Sensei Wu - You'll need at least one Ninjago character, so you might as well get this guy. Only Sensei Wu and Legolas have the pole vault ability, so getting Sensei Wu means you won't need Legolas.

Slimer - Slimer is the only one who can sonar smash stuff underwater. He also has the mini access ability, so you won't need Bart, Gollum, or Gimli.

Superman (maybe?) - He's the only character with the freeze breath ability, but I've seen some people say that you never use that ability to solve any puzzles, just freeze enemies in fights, so you might be able to skip him if you want. I will say though, Superman is a great character to have since lots of stuff doesn't hurt him. He can also fly and makes solving stuff a lot quicker. But he might not be 100% necessary. All of his other powers will be covered by other characters if you follow this list. He can also blow up gold bricks underwater with his laser vison, but technically, you could also accomplish this by having a different underwater character eat the upgraded Scooby Snack from the Scooby Doo team pack. That might be a hassle though, so my honest recommendation is to just get Superman because he's so great in the game.

Unikitty - She is the only one who can blow up rainbow bricks, so she's required.

Wicked Witch - This is the only character available to buy from The Wizard of Oz, so she's needed. After you get her, you can basically ditch Gandalf from the starter set too. She has all of his powers and then some.

I think this list should be able to get you 100%. The only underwater characters you won't need (I think) are Cyborg, Gollum, Wonder Woman, and Zane. I don't believe there are any underwater bits where you need to use them underwater in conjunction with their other abilities, but someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.
The only ones on that list I found for clearance was wicked witch and Cyberman. I got a wonder woman but everything else is not necessary apparently. Now to decide if I want to keep them or return. $5 is hard to beat especially if I might want it later. So far I found

Legolas
Goblin
Gimli
Bart
Kristy
Laval
Bad cop
Zane
Wicked witch
Cyborg
Wonder woman
Eris
Cyberman
Doc brown

My Walmart didn't have any of the clearance Legos but I was able to price match the Back to the Future Level pack with Best Buys price of $11.99. She was so fixated on the picture that she didn't look to see it was out of stock.

I finished assembling all of the fun packs and team packs last night. I'm holding off on assembling any of the level packs until I get through an initial run-through of the main campaign. Now that I have most of the figures assembled, I should have considerably greater flexibility for collecting stuff while playing through the main story.
You will need to play some level packs first to build some vehicles or gadgets, without playing the level pack, you can't build them using the level figure, the main story might require some of their abilities for some optional puzzles. e.g. you need the companion cube for the weigh switch, you need to play Portal 2 Level pack for a short while until you can build it. You can quit it after if you don't want to finish it (I don't remember if you need that for main story)

The only ones on that list I found for clearance was wicked witch and Cyberman. I got a wonder woman but everything else is not necessary apparently. Now to decide if I want to keep them or return. $5 is hard to beat especially if I might want it later. So far I found

Legolas
Goblin
Gimli
Bart
Kristy
Laval
Bad cop
Zane
Wicked witch
Cyborg
Wonder woman
Eris
Cyberman
Doc brown
since you don't have Sensei Wu, you might keep Legolas (for Pole Vault) and Zane (for Spinjitzu, or might be someday the game will need Dive + Spinjitzu)

<list>
That's a pretty good haul. The only thing I found was a Bart Simpson fun pack for $6, and I don't have a strong urge to pick one up for that price. I already have the Level Pack with Homer, and I'm just not that excited about Bart. I would have preferred Wonder Woman or Legolas.

My Walmart didn't have any of the clearance Legos but I was able to price match the Back to the Future Level pack with Best Buys price of $11.99. She was so fixated on the picture that she didn't look to see it was out of stock.
walmart-meme-018-pajamas-2-whole.jpg
That's Wal-Mart!

<list>
That's a pretty good haul. The only thing I found on clearance was a Bart Simpson fun pack for $6, and I don't have a strong urge to pick one up for that price. I already have the Level Pack with Homer, and I'm just not that excited about Bart. I would have preferred Wonder Woman or Legolas.

That's Wal-Mart!

Out of curiosity, has anyone pre-ordered any of the new fun packs, A Team, E.T., or Fantastic Beasts?

That's a pretty good haul. The only thing I found on clearance was a Bart Simpson fun pack for $6, and I don't have a strong urge to pick one up for that price. I already have the Level Pack with Homer, and I'm just not that excited about Bart. I would have preferred Wonder Woman or Legolas.

That's Wal-Mart!

Out of curiosity, has anyone pre-ordered any of the new fun packs, A Team, E.T., or Fantastic Beasts?
The only thing I've pre-ordered from the new sets is Marceline from Toys R Us. I don't know how hard these store exclusives are to get a hold of when they first come out, but I didn't want to take any chances.

D'oh, how did I miss the sale on the Back to the Future pack? None in stock for me locally.

I did see the Sonic pack listed on Best Buy's site for the first time. Must have been under a rock when they announced that because I didn't know it was coming.

Made another trip to two Five Below stores while visiting family.  Found:

Zane 

Cragger

Eris

Bad Cop 

Bennie

This was ignoring Gimli, Laval, and Nya, all of which I bought last week.

Every once in a while i've been seeing an Amazon deal for the Simpsons level pack for $19.99 through "Ocean Reef Electronics". Any time I tried to put through an order it's sold out so I took a look at their webpage and they had them "NEW" for $18.95.

Took a shot at it, and it showed up in a few days.

But HOLY HELL it's covered in shipping # stickers & looks as if it were returned 50 times and driven through a shark's mouth filled with barb wire. Looking closely it was indeed sealed but debated if it even had contents inside. Sure enough it looks like everything is there.... but damn.

I like to keep boxes in good shape in case I want to re-sell later, there's no way in hell that's happening here. lol

DC characters are 30% off this weekend at GameStop for the release of Suicide Squad. I picked up the Harley/Joker Team Pack for about $18.

DC characters are 30% off this weekend at GameStop for the release of Suicide Squad. I picked up the Harley/Joker Team Pack for about $18.
Just found Amazon is pricematching them as well. I'm only interested in Aquaman which has unique ability, but $8.39 is still too much.

Thanks... on the fence about this one since I have GS gift cards. Been hoping for a good Best Buy sale to stack GCU with, but it seems like it's been forever.

Meijer B&M has fun packs, team packs, and level packs 50% off through 8/13. I bought pretty much everything I didn't already have 😁😁😁
Thanks for the heads up! Grabbed Portal 2 and Ghostbusters. Also, got some fun packs for upcoming birthday presents. I'm tempted to go back tomorrow and pick up some more.

I submitted these to Amazon for possible price match as well.     We'll see.    I figured it was worth a shot.     

Still irritated with myself that I missed the gigantic Microsoft Store sale earlier this summer that had everything cheap.

Meijer B&M has fun packs, team packs, and level packs 50% off through 8/13. I bought pretty much everything I didn't already have 😁😁😁
Thanks for this, I've been waiting for level packs to go on sale. Knowing my luck Best Buy will have them on sale soon w/GCU too but this'll work. Now I just need Midway Arcade to complete my level packs.

I submitted some of these to Amazon for a price match. Do any of the major retail stores price match Meijer?
Toys R Us will. You can also get a free Jay or Laval if you buy more than $30 in Dimensions packs. Both Meijer's and TRU's offers end on 8/13. I'd pick Jay since he's still TRU exclusive, and Laval has been available at Five Below.

TRU's Price Match Policy and Free Fun Pack Offer Details

bread's done
Back