Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Toys R Us will. You can also get a free Jay or Laval if you buy more than $30 in Dimensions packs. Both Meijer's and TRU's offers end on 8/13. I'd pick Jay since he's still TRU exclusive, and Laval has been available at Five Below.

TRU's Price Match Policy and Free Fun Pack Offer Details
You'd probably have to get an override to merge the pricematch and free character deal. A pricematch typically cancels out most sales

You'd probably have to get an override to merge the pricematch and free character deal. A pricematch typically cancels out most sales
This. I picked up Scooby team, Aquaman, and Back to the Future.

They wouldn't let me price match Midway Arcade (out of stock) and didn't let me get a free Jay.

No worries - will just hit Target next week.

Toys R Us will. You can also get a free Jay or Laval if you buy more than $30 in Dimensions packs. Both Meijer's and TRU's offers end on 8/13. I'd pick Jay since he's still TRU exclusive, and Laval has been available at Five Below.

TRU's Price Match Policy and Free Fun Pack Offer Details
Thanks for this. I was able to get every Lego figure I needed including the toys r us exclusive one at 5.99. Also bought the remaining level packs. They didn't feel like looking up each one so they just rang them up including the out of stock ones. Couldn't get the Jay for free though. Oh and thanks for the link to the policy, it came in handy.

What are the odds that Amazon will price match next week, once the Target sale is actually up and running?

I wouldn't normally care but I have Amazon gift credit I'd like to use up.

I got TRU to price match the 3 level packs I was missing: BttF, Midway, and Simpsons. Went smoothly since I had loaded the price match policy and Meijer prices before I went to the checkout counter. Wasn't able to get the free fun pack though.

Still got 3 Team Packs, and 12 Fun Packs left for Year 1, not including Green Arrow.

Yessssss. Pre-ordered all the season 2 stuff available and even a couple discounted season 1 figs I've been waffling on. Thanks for the heads up I wouldn't have checked the target thread!

I got in on pre-oredering that new Ghostbusters Story Pack for 40% off with an extra 5% off using my redcard for $30.35

Waiting for someone to confirm that that 10% off all video games Cartwheel stacks works w/ the Lego packs. I'd gladly do it, but my Target employees love to fight about every little thing and I'm really not in the mood for that if it doesn't work. 

I'm going in now. Order doc brown online. He's under $3. Also slimer is $5.40 online which is probably cheaper than in store. Bad cop is less than $5 online. Wish I hadn't bought him at five below.

So the cartwheel is in store only? Can I buy with store pickup and use the cartwheel when I pick up?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Supergirl? Is she some kind of exclusive promo? Man I hope they make her available in a regular pack.
Supergirl, like Green Arrow is a show exclusive in a bag (like the ones you see at checkout at Target). I wouldn't expect a retail release, at least not for the immediate future. Maybe they could do them in a Team Pack next year or something. I'd love if they did a line of CW TV show figures, or maybe a crossover level pack since those are really popular on the four shows.

The advantage Lego has on show exclusives is that they do not need to make "special" figures to do things like this (like the other TTL games have to do, so they do re-colors instead), they already have those parts (hair, hood, bow, etc.) to make them up from other Lego lines. Both of them have been in previous DC games (though I think Supergirl's hair is different in Lego Batman 3). Just package them up, add a minimal amount of code/voice and call it done. I don't think either have any unique abilities that would make them essential to doing something in game, nor do they unlock new worlds (DC world already exists and everyone has access due to Batman in the Starter).

So the X1 Starter Pack is $41.99 on the Target website. Seems like a decent price to finally buy into the game if I can get the store to pricematch thier website.

Fwiw some of the fun packs are not priced correctly on the website. In-store are all $7.19, the target app looks correct though. For example Superman and stay puft is $8.99 on website.

Nice, grabbed Doc Brown, Wicked Witch, Slimer, and Dr Who...not bad for $18 total. Also went ahead and preordered the Harry Potter set for $15 shipped.

Does anyone know if it's possible to preorder wave 6 in-store and use the Target Cartwheel?
Read on SD that it's not possible to do this since you only pay $1 at the time for in-store preorders. Oh well, still a good deal.

Today's Target ad is live with 40% off dimensions including Wave 6 preorders.
Thanks for the heads up on this. Preordered all of wave 6.

thanks for the head's up, would rather use amazon credit than spend real money at target. I switched over my ghost buster preorder to amazon.

If I'm not going for 100% everything, can I be fine with just the level and team packs and wizard of Oz fun pack? I took a good look at what I have and decided the clutter is not worth it so I just want to play the campaign and access the world's.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Boneless -- You will be mostly set with just the team packs and the level packs, but one thing to consider is that there is no team pack for Lego Chima (there is a team pack for Lego Ninjago, but not Chima).  

So if you decide you want access to the world for Chima, you will need to get at least one of the stand alone characters

Just picked up Bane, Aquaman, Midway Arcade to complete all abilities. Not yet my target price $5 for fun pack and $15 for level, but just don't want to wait.

The advantage Lego has on show exclusives is that they do not need to make "special" figures to do things like this (like the other TTL games have to do, so they do re-colors instead), they already have those parts (hair, hood, bow, etc.) to make them up from other Lego lines. Both of them have been in previous DC games (though I think Supergirl's hair is different in Lego Batman 3). Just package them up, add a minimal amount of code/voice and call it done. I don't think either have any unique abilities that would make them essential to doing something in game, nor do they unlock new worlds (DC world already exists and everyone has access due to Batman in the Starter).
Lego Dimensions pack is the lowest cost to make among all other TTL toys. Many figures are remake of old Lego kits, and most pieces are simply off the shelf, unlike other TTL they have to actually to design and make the molds to manufacture those figures. The physical toys themselves are quite overpriced as usual standard.

If just counting playable characters (including head swap generics), any Lego video games have more than Dimensions including all packs.

While I have collected almost all Infinity figures as they are unique and look good on the shelves, Dimensions figures are indistinguishable from other regular Lego toys, so I only got minimum set of packs with all needed abilities.

If I'm not going for 100% everything, can I be fine with just the level and team packs and wizard of Oz fun pack? I took a good look at what I have and decided the clutter is not worth it so I just want to play the campaign and access the world's.

You don't need team packs if fun pack of that franchise is available to access that franchise world. Team packs don't give more campaigns, only level packs do.

Just picked up Bane, Aquaman, Midway Arcade to complete all abilities. Not yet my target price $5 for fun pack and $15 for level, but just don't want to wait.

Lego Dimensions pack is the lowest cost to make among all other TTL toys. Many figures are remake of old Lego kits, and most pieces are simply off the shelf, unlike other TTL they have to actually to design and make the molds to manufacture those figures. The physical toys themselves are quite overpriced as usual standard.
If just counting playable characters (including head swap generics), any Lego video games have more than Dimensions including all packs.

While I have collected almost all Infinity figures as they are unique and look good on the shelves, Dimensions figures are indistinguishable from other regular Lego toys, so I only got minimum set of packs with all needed abilities.
Although some of the Dimensions figures and a few pieces are exclusive to Dimensions. Like the entire Portal 2 pack, Wicked Witch, Cyberman, Stay Puft, and the Doctor is actually wearing a different outfit than the one from the official Doctor Who LEGO set. Plus a lot of the new characters coming out over this next year will be brand new to LEGO.

Well I feel stupid.
I got up early in the morning to buy Dimensions Fun Packs and etc from the local Target (30 miles away..)
I didn't realize it till I got home that the prices were different on the site and in the store.

Every Fun Pack was $7.19 in store

Meaning a few characters were cheaper than on the site, such as Stay Puft

While Cyberman (was OOS), Doc Brown, and Slimer were more expensive by a few bucks.

Also Pre-ordered the Ghostbusters story pack at 45% off.

I just picked up Slimer from target.com. Thank you everyone for differentiating which prices are cheaper on the website vs in store

This has been my attitude as well (unless we see some insanely cheap deals like we have with Disney Infinity and Skylanders).

I finally ordered the starter pack to go with the cheap fun packs I have been picking up along the way.  Are any of the packs becoming hard to find, should I look for them sooner rather than later?

Was pretty surprised but happy to see so many 40% preorder options on the new stuff. I'd just assume have stuff at launch than save a couple of extra dollars considering how pumped I am for the adventure time stuff. Heck at 45% off I'll even give Ghostbusters a try.

I finally ordered the starter pack to go with the cheap fun packs I have been picking up along the way. Are any of the packs becoming hard to find, should I look for them sooner rather than later?
in my experience since getting into dimensions, I haven't come across a really hard to find set.. some however seem to never be on sale.

Pretty much can always find a specific set somewhere, may be at full price, but can always find it. I would assume when the next round of sets come out some of the first wave sets may start getting harder to find.

I just picked up Slimer from target.com. Thank you everyone for differentiating which prices are cheaper on the website vs in store

This has been my attitude as well (unless we see some insanely cheap deals like we have with Disney Infinity and Skylanders).
How much was he?
The $5 on the website or $7.19?

As I said, I went to buy it myself and it was $7.19 in store, while $5 something on the site.

bread's done
Back