Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
How much was he?
The $5 on the website or $7.19?

As I said, I went to buy it myself and it was $7.19 in store, while $5 something on the site.
Get them to price match the online price.

I just left Target and picked up Doc Brown, Cyberman and Slimer. Told the lady at customer service I wanted to price match and she priced them all at 2.93. I told her they were all different prices but she brushed that comment off. Wouldn't let me use cartwheel though which isn't a huge loss considering the deal I got.

I ordered Doc and Cyberman for In-store pickup.  Nice deal for the two.  I also Pre-Ordered Ghostbusters and A-team.  I figured A-team could be cheaper eventually, but I wanted BA, I mean the kids wanted him ;)

I'm debating on biting with some of these stellar Amazon deals. However, I'll be working seasonal again at GS this year and think that the discount I will get will be close to this coupled with possible sales/price drops. Plus I have a large amount of credit. I don't have any Amazon credit left do it would come out of the bank account. Thoughts?

I'm debating on biting with some of these stellar Amazon deals. However, I'll be working seasonal again at GS this year and think that the discount I will get will be close to this coupled with possible sales/price drops. Plus I have a large amount of credit. I don't have any Amazon credit left do it would come out of the bank account. Thoughts?
Isn't the discount only 20%? I could be wrong about that but if that's it I wouldn't wait. I've been watching level pack prices and $15 has been my buy price, $5 for fun packs. Walmart clearances and this Target/Amazon deal has been the best so far. These are all mostly a year old packs so may be lower around BF and holidays but who knows right?

Best Buy price matched the Amazon deal for me. 

I got thePS4 Starter Pack for 53.99 and the Midway Retro Gamer Level pack for 17.99.

Best Buy price matched the Amazon deal for me.

I got thePS4 Starter Pack for 53.99 and the Midway Retro Gamer Level pack for 17.99.
Now we need Best Buy to flat out match all of them so we can use GCU :)

Best Buy has been so sad with the Dimensions deals lately... MSRP for almost everything while even GameStop is doing some sporadic discounts. Maybe GCU is dragging the whole thing down.

According to Brick Inquirer, Supergirl is only exclusively available in PS4 Starter Packs until March 28th, 2017.

https://twitter.com/jasoninquires/status/765540647562391552

Well that's a relief, I guess. Still hoping for that Green Arrow to appear though.
Yeah, I'd love to get a Green Arrow. But a whole lot of people are going to be upset they put out so much money on EBay if it happens. That's why TTL collectibles are never a good investment.

why does she have a red lantern ring
From the article:

Supergirl packs all the powers of Superman—flying, super strength,x-ray vision and eye-beams, and is also able to transform into Red Lantern Supergirl, adding rage bolts and constructs to her repertoire.

Actually, yes. She has special Lantern Construct powers exclusive to her.
Only if Lantern Construct is required, and unique to Supergirl, to solve some puzzles in the game.

If that's the case, they have to make the PS4 version of the level different than other platforms just to include those exclusive puzzles.

I'm getting only minimum set of figures, plus some character I love to have, to get all required abilities, I might just giving up that too just enough to access all levels.

Thanks for the heads up. I locked in the Ghostbusters Story Pack, and the Mission Impossible pack on Amazon. A-Team is back up to regular price on Amazon as well.

Yep, I'd anticipate the preorder at 40% off gravy train on Amazon will be completely gone soon. I locked in a new ghostbusters story pack just in case; I figure I can always easily cancel it later.

From the article:

Supergirl packs all the powers of Superman—flying, super strength,x-ray vision and eye-beams, and is also able to transform into Red Lantern Supergirl, adding rage bolts and constructs to her repertoire.
Maybe we're looking at different articles but I read that as Red Kryptonite, which does make sense to me. As far as Red Lanterns go, I kinda got lost after they added all of the different colors of the rainbow and everyone was turning into an undead Lantern and stuff. I'm old and stuff but I was okay with just having Green Lanterns for good guys and Yellow Lanterns for bad guys. I don't understand kids today with their Red Lanterns and Black Lanterns. . . .

Maybe we're looking at different articles but I read that as Red Kryptonite, which does make sense to me. As far as Red Lanterns go, I kinda got lost after they added all of the different colors of the rainbow and everyone was turning into an undead Lantern and stuff. I'm old and stuff but I was okay with just having Green Lanterns for good guys and Yellow Lanterns for bad guys. I don't understand kids today with their Red Lanterns and Black Lanterns. . . .
Full spectrum is Green, Yellow, Red, Blue, Indigo, Violet (previously called star sapphires), Orange, White, Black. They're all emotion-related except for Black being death (lack of any color/emotions) and White being Life (combination of all colors). The other colors/emotions are:

green-willpower
Yellow-fear
Red-rage
Orange-greed (there's only 1 orange lantern, because why share when you're greedy)
Blue-hope
Indigo-compassion
Violet-love

A big baddie ended up becoming a black lantern which was primarily what kicked everything off. As a black lantern he started raising a bunch of people from the dead and making them black lanterns (it was basically a zombie story). Anywho they eventually discovered the only way to kill a black lantern was to remove its ring or combine colors. A lot of "regular" heroes took on associated color rings for a brief time in order to have more firepower against the zombie/black lantern outbreak. A single white lantern was created who was previously a green lantern. He was super powerful and could destroy black lanterns on his own (combination of colors). As you can imagine they eventually defeated the zombie horde and won so everyone gave their rings back.

In case you were curious about it...

Welp, this deal is completely dead. Everything is back up to MSRP on both Target and Amazon. I'm glad I went with Amazon, since Target is known for canceling orders made on their own mistakes...

Full spectrum is Green, Yellow, Red, Blue, Indigo, Violet (previously called star sapphires), Orange, White, Black. They're all emotion-related except for Black being death (lack of any color/emotions) and White being Life (combination of all colors). The other colors/emotions are:
green-willpower
Yellow-fear
Red-rage
Orange-greed (there's only 1 orange lantern, because why share when you're greedy)
Blue-hope
Indigo-compassion
Violet-love
A big baddie ended up becoming a black lantern which was primarily what kicked everything off. As a black lantern he started raising a bunch of people from the dead and making them black lanterns (it was basically a zombie story). Anywho they eventually discovered the only way to kill a black lantern was to remove its ring or combine colors. A lot of "regular" heroes took on associated color rings for a brief time in order to have more firepower against the zombie/black lantern outbreak. A single white lantern was created who was previously a green lantern. He was super powerful and could destroy black lanterns on his own (combination of colors). As you can imagine they eventually defeated the zombie horde and won so everyone gave their rings back.
In case you were curious about it...
But Supergirl becomes a Red Lantern after this, in the New 52 version where Blackest Night... Never happened? I dunno. It's also a completely different Supergirl than the one they're referencing with this character. The regular hero that became a red lantern in Darkest Night was Mera.

I'm kinda surprised there's no Green Lantern in Dimensions...

I'm really late to the game, so I picked up a few packs from Target. The cartwheel only works on 4 items per transaction, which I found out after the fact. Also for some inexplicable reason some of the characters were slightly more expensive.

I hit a couple of local Targets in the last two days and got an extra super-cheap Doc and Cyberman, plus my first Slimer at a nice price. I have an order in for store pick-up of two Slimers at a store a little farther away, but I may just let that one cancel out. Anyone around ATL having trouble finding Slimer for cheap?

The Green Arrow and Supergirl exclusivity has made me decide to NOT be a completionist for this...when it comes to figures.  If they tie achievements to the exclusive set then I am in...I need help

The Green Arrow and Supergirl exclusivity has made me decide to NOT be a completionist for this...when it comes to figures. If they tie achievements to the exclusive set then I am in...I need help
I'm sure both will be available for all platforms in due time. There's too much money to be made to keep things like that truly exclusive.

I'm sure both will be available for all platforms in due time. There's too much money to be made to keep things like that truly exclusive.
I dunno, there are a bunch of Lego exclusive minifigs, especially those SDCC ones, that were impossible to get and never reissued. I mean Spider Woman and Shazam are major characters that they never bothered to even do a different version of. I know Dimensions is a different beast, but how much money are they really leaving on the table here?

The Green Arrow and Supergirl exclusivity has made me decide to NOT be a completionist for this...when it comes to figures. If they tie achievements to the exclusive set then I am in...I need help
You can still rent her though I told my wife I swore off renting women ages ago. Not sure if this counts.

I hit a couple of local Targets in the last two days and got an extra super-cheap Doc and Cyberman, plus my first Slimer at a nice price. I have an order in for store pick-up of two Slimers at a store a little farther away, but I may just let that one cancel out. Anyone around ATL having trouble finding Slimer for cheap?
I can't find a slimer in a 100 mile radius at a target.

I live north of ATL in Gwinnett, had problems finding a single store that had all the figures I wanted. So I just went to TRU and had them price match Target. Got the Wicked Witch, Midway Level, and Slimmer.

Supergirl at least is going to get a wide release next year after being exclusive to the PS4 starter for a few months, kind of like Boba Fett with Infinity

Supergirl at least is going to get a wide release next year after being exclusive to the PS4 starter for a few months, kind of like Boba Fett with Infinity
It's funny, most people didn't even know those figures exist before a couple days ago, but now they are so damn crucial to get people are claiming they are giving up on the franchise.

The only thing I'm still searching for on sale is the Portal 2 level pack. Best Buys seem to have plenty in stock but even an online inventory search of Target shows hardly any stores with it in stock.

Other than that I've picked up the Midway level pack, the Joker/Harley team pack (which was a little tough to track down at Target), and for fun packs I've picked up Sensei Wu, Slimer, and Bad Cop.

I also put in a bunch of Amazon preorders including: Ghostbusters story pack, Adventure Time and Mission Impossible level packs, Harry Potter team pack, and Ateam fun pack.

It's a little obnoxious at this point but I keep telling myself that even if the game goes belly up at some point I'll still have some unique minifigs/sets to add to my other Lego collection.

The only thing I'm still searching for on sale is the Portal 2 level pack. Best Buys seem to have plenty in stock but even an online inventory search of Target shows hardly any stores with it in stock.

Other than that I've picked up the Midway level pack, the Joker/Harley team pack (which was a little tough to track down at Target), and for fun packs I've picked up Sensei Wu, Slimer, and Bad Cop.

I also put in a bunch of Amazon preorders including: Ghostbusters story pack, Adventure Time and Mission Impossible level packs, Harry Potter team pack, and Ateam fun pack.

It's a little obnoxious at this point but I keep telling myself that even if the game goes belly up at some point I'll still have some unique minifigs/sets to add to my other Lego collection.

Will best buy match the target ad @ 40% off?

Also can't you use some sort of nfc tag writer to read/write codes.

Best Buy is going to have a Toys to Life sale (up to 70% off) starting tonight and lasting for 50 hours to celebrate their 50th birthday

bread's done
Back