Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure anything it will be all DI stuff I've already got and not any of the Dimensions stuff I've been waiting for 70% with.
It includes Skylnders, Lego, and amiibo (not DI) but its only 50% off the Lego stuff.

It includes Skylnders, Lego, and amiibo (not DI) but its only 50% off the Lego stuff.
Called it.

Though if the team and level packs are 50% off and GCU still applies I would be tempted on some of them like Portal 2 that have never really had a decent discount. Naturally I'm sure those will be excluded or a lower percentage or something.

If my calculations are correct then 30% off plus gcu 20% equals close to the same as the current target sale. So anything over 30% off is good to go, especially since you can get points too.

Called it.

Though if the team and level packs are 50% off and GCU still applies I would be tempted on some of them like Portal 2 that have never really had a decent discount. Naturally I'm sure those will be excluded or a lower percentage or something.
And wish they made the same mistake as Target that have the Wave 6 preorder on discount too :)

Too bad that Back to the Future pack is completely unavailable...

So which level packs are the best? Team packs are just two characters, right?

Wonder if toys r us would pricematch the back to the future set. If someone tries before me, please share the results

Team Packs are essentially two Fun Packs. Given the lowering of Fun Pack MSRP, but not Team Pack it really isn't a good deal. But given they made Scooby Doo one and Jurassic Park one they unlock content you cannot access otherwise.

Portal Level Pack is probably the best. Midway arcade actually gives you a level plus the ability to unlock about 20 emulated arcade games, so lots of value there.

Team Packs are essentially two Fun Packs. Given the lowering of Fun Pack MSRP, but not Team Pack it really isn't a good deal. But given they made Scooby Doo one and Jurassic Park one they unlock content you cannot access otherwise.

Portal Level Pack is probably the best. Midway arcade actually gives you a level plus the ability to unlock about 20 emulated arcade games, so lots of value there.
Yeah, I mainly just want Harley and Joker but eh $10 for them is eh. And don't care about Scooby and JW other than that they unlock more worlds.

Is the Dr Who one any good, even just from a fan service perspective? Oh and Ghostbusters too?

Bunch of the sets I bought at target are going back. With GCU these prices are much better. I can't believe we are seeing more than 50% off on portal and dr who!

My son and I tore through the ghostbusters level the other day. It's cute. He loved grabbing ghosts with the proton pack and having me run up to drop the trap (hold Y and select it like a vehicle). It's lame that they didn't make a second ghostbuster figure... I guess they knew they'd be drooling the ladies on us sooner than later.

Bunch of the sets I bought at target are going back. With GCU these prices are much better. I can't believe we are seeing more than 50% off on portal and dr who!

My son and I tore through the ghostbusters level the other day. It's cute. He loved grabbing ghosts with the proton pack and having me run up to drop the trap (hold Y and select it like a vehicle). It's lame that they didn't make a second ghostbuster figure... I guess they knew they'd be drooling the ladies on us sooner than later.
Same here. I ordered everything I'm missing, plus most of the stuff I picked up at Target (which will be returned).

Yeah, I mainly just want Harley and Joker but eh $10 for them is eh. And don't care about Scooby and JW other than that they unlock more worlds.

Is the Dr Who one any good, even just from a fan service perspective? Oh and Ghostbusters too?
Haven't tried either, but both are in my cart now - just wavering. I've heard Ghostbusters isn't great and Dr. Who is good but buggy.

The JW Team Pack Owen figure has a useful skill as well on top of being the only way to open the Jurassic World.

The Doctor Who one is really good, ESPECIALLY from a fan service perspective. (Seriously, they have all of the Doctors in it.)

Blargh, I hate these games. They get too expensive too quickly even when everything's super cheap.
So true. We recently started playing the Lego movie game and the Lego marvel super heroes game and it's amazing how many characters you can play as in those games for no additional charge...

At least with dimensions my son plays with the figures when we aren't playing the game. That's some consolation, I guess.

I've restrained myself to only buying fun packs at 75% off and only only to unlock extra with one or two exceptions where the other character was a must have or too cheap to pass.  These level and team packs though just refuse to go on sale for the most part though so it makes it tempting to spend a bit more on them.

Doesn't help that there's not consistent reviews for the add ons for any of the games which makes it hard to figure out which ones are worth getting.

I've restrained myself to only buying fun packs at 75% off and only only to unlock extra with one or two exceptions where the other character was a must have or too cheap to pass. These level and team packs though just refuse to go on sale for the most part though so it makes it tempting to spend a bit more on them.

Doesn't help that there's not consistent reviews for the add ons for any of the games which makes it hard to figure out which ones are worth getting.
That would make fun packs $3 each. Not being facetious but have they ever been that low? I thought this bb deal for $4.80 a pack after gcu is great.

I've played all Level Packs except Midway Arcade.

Dr Who is good with the time travel puzzle and there are many Dr Who to unlock.

Portal 2 has best game play I would say, all other Lego games (not just Dimensions) are very similar, but Portal 2 makes it different than others

Picked up the Scooby Doo and Jurassic Park team park just to get access to their worlds for this price.

No interest on those figures themselves (and already have tags written with Gyrosphere and Velociraptor for vine cutting).

Tempted just to keep 1 figure tag for that purpose and resell all the rest pieces to some Lego collectors.

I was really happy to see this kind of discount.  It's what I've been waiting for to fill in some holes in the collection.  I got the 5 level packs I still needed.  Also getting the 4 Team packs, but not sure about Fun packs.  There's just so many. 

So true. We recently started playing the Lego movie game and the Lego marvel super heroes game and it's amazing how many characters you can play as in those games for no additional charge...

At least with dimensions my son plays with the figures when we aren't playing the game. That's some consolation, I guess.
Thjs is very true, any Lego video games (I played since first game Lego Star Wars) has about the same content of Lego Dimensions main levels and many more characters to play than all Level, Team and Fun packs combined.

For the price of a Level pack, you can pick up 1 or 2 old Lego video games which gives you might be 10 times game play.

For the regular price of Dimensions packs, you could have buy many regular Lego mini figures and pieces I think.

And unlike other TTL game which the figures are unique and Disney Infinity are nice for displayed, Dimensions figures are just like other Lego. Some collectors might find some exclusive interesting, but for others they are just Lego.

The only thing matters are the tags underneath, I didn't even build the Portal Gate, only play with the bare base.

Though I just ordered the Scooby Doo and Jurassic World, I still can't really justify even on discounted price for the Team Pack just to access the world which is simply a map with some random puzzle, while an old full blown Lego game costs about the same.

That would make fun packs $3 each. Not being facetious but have they ever been that low? I thought this bb deal for $4.80 a pack after gcu is great.
Maybe it was only 70%? Got all the fun packs we have so far either at Target for about $3.75 or from Amazon when the promos stacked and got the wave with Cyberman for $2.49 and Eris as well.

I'd be almost tempted to pick up Bart, were it not for the fact they weren't able to get the rights to any Bart voice clips to put in the game. Bart doesn't speak, ever. At least when Chell doesn't talk, it makes sense.

This is what I did. Ended up grabbing everything I needed including Fun Packs. All these discounts made me feel like it was a great deal, and my kids and I have a lot of fun building the kits. At least it's like a month til new stuff comes out right - 9/27?

I know nothing about chima and ninjago so what is the single best fun pack to get for their worlds? I have Legolas but haven't opened it yet and wonder if I should return for Sensei Wu for the abilities and world. How about chima?

I know nothing about chima and ninjago so what is the single best fun pack to get for their worlds? I have Legolas but haven't opened it yet and wonder if I should return for Sensei Wu for the abilities and world. How about chima?
Cragger is supposed to be the most useful skill wise for Chima. I don't remember about Ninjago for sure but I think Wu was supposed to have a good skill set.

Unless you really like Legolas, I'd return him and get Sensei Wu. There's a pole vault ability that only those two characters have, and you might as well get Wu for that ability since you need one Ninjago character to open their world anyway.

Cragger is the best Chima character to get, as others have said, since he's the only Chima character that can dive, and there are apparently underwater Chi spots that only he can do.

Unless you really like Legolas, I'd return him and get Sensei Wu. There's a pole vault ability that only those two characters have, and you might as well get Wu for that ability since you need one Ninjago character to open their world anyway.
I've read that Zane from Ninjago is mandatory for 100% completion, so either Legolas or Wu would be fine for their pole vault ability.

Cragger is the best Chima character to get, as others have said, since he's the only Chima character that can dive, and there are apparently underwater Chi spots that only he can do.
I think Legolas is the better character to have. He can do the pole vault ability on a kayak with Katy Perry.

bread's done
Back