Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
With so many sales and now so many figures, does anyone have any particularly good storage solutions?

These things pile up quickly, and I'd hate lose parts/figures because they just get shuffled around or dumped into a big bin of lego.

I've been using these: http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-15-Compartment-Interlocking-Small-Parts-Organizer-Black-2-Pack-320034/204515485

Fifteen compartments lets me hold 5 Level sets in one, so right now (plus after the Goonies set comes out), I'll be able to hold all the level sets in two.

Even these will start to stack up, though- only 7 figure/vehicle combinations can fit in one, though it does give extra space to be able to hold all the manuals, plus a usb drive with PDFs of how to do all of the primary builds of all of them.

The story sets and the portal covers they build has me thinking I may also need a few small latched boxes to hold each of them.
Thanks for the suggestion

My local Target has clearanced out all year one LEGO Dimensions sets. Fun packs are $5.98, Level packs are $9.98, and team packs are $12.28. YMMV on what your store will have. Mine was mostly Chima, Ninjago, Lord of the Rings, and the LEGO Movie for fun packs, Back to the Future for level packs, and Scooby Doo and Jurassic World for team packs.
Thanks for the heads-up on this. Sadly, only Zane and Cragger on Clearance in Beaverton, OR. Everything else rings up full price.

http://www.target.com/p/sterilite-stack-carry-tray-organizer-storage-tote-2-pc-clear-with-green-latch/-/A-14779290

Someone else here suggested these and they work great. Two sets (four trays) can easily hold everything with portal and manuals. They're the right height and one tray can easily hold all the figures. One tray is getting crowded with vehicles. Third tray for portal/manuals/spillover. Fourth tray for expansions. All locked together in one convenient stack.
That was me! Here's some pictures to give everyone an idea of how well they work.

[attachment=24589:lego1.jpg]

[attachment=24588:lego2.jpg]

The bottom tray set has almost the entirety of year one in it. I never bothered to complete the Chima and Ninjago sets since I don't really care about those characters. There's a little room to spare, but I went ahead and started a new tray set for year two. There's no dividers, so the figures can slide around, but it's not too bad as long as you're careful.

The 40% off sale at Toys R Us is ongoing until the 3rd of December. I'm hoping to get a few more of the recent releases after they re-stock. I stopped by my local Toys R Us last night and was able to get the Adventure Time Team Pack, as well as the Ghostbusters and Fantastic Beasts Story packs. Sadly, most of the other material that I wanted had been bought out. I went in late, so it wasn't much of a surprise. If they re-stock before the sale ends, I should be able to get most of them. I had already snagged all of the Fun packs that I was lacking early on the buy 3 for $20 deal. So all I'm lacking is the new Team and Level packs. I really want to get my hands on the new Gremlins Team pack.

Anybody still looking for a Green Arrow mini fig, check your gamestop they most likely have extra. I went today and asked if they had any left, the guy behind the counter just gave me 2.[attachment=24591:1480452549437-2041310215.jpg]

Anybody still looking for a Green Arrow mini fig, check your gamestop they most likely have extra. I went today and asked if they had any left, the guy behind the counter just gave me 2.
attachicon.gif
1480452549437-2041310215.jpg
Nice. My first order online for whatever reason only has 1 level pack shipped, 3 other packs and 4 Green Arrow are still not shipped.

However, knowing anything can get wrong at GS, I placed a 2nd order of the same packs and more and that order was processed fast and shipped already on Friday, not yet arrived though. Hope all green arrows will come.

Anybody still looking for a Green Arrow mini fig, check your gamestop they most likely have extra. I went today and asked if they had any left, the guy behind the counter just gave me 2. 1480452549437-2041310215.jpg
Thank you for the tip. I hit up 3 gamestops today on my way home trying to use up the cyber monday certificates. At one store they actually gave me a green arrow figure. I ordered one on gamestop.com that hasn't arrived yet, but it will be nice to keep one sealed.

I went to two Gamestops on my way home. The first didn't have any Green Arrows left. The second had some, but refused to hand them out for free, insisting that they were meant to go with the Starter Packs. I decided to haggle a bit, and they agreed that perhaps a Green Arrow could be handed out if I were to purchase a Lego Dimensions Team Pack instead of a Starter Pack. I walked out of there with a Gremlins Team Pack and a Green Arrow minifig. The Toys R Us I stopped by hadn't restocked their Dimensions selection yet, so I'm counting this one as a win.

EXTREMELY YMMV: if your local TRU is an ad test store, you can potentially get three fun packs for $14.XX. My store (Jantzen Beach, OR) has this weeks sale as well as testing next weeks which leads to B2G1 Free stacking with everything 40% off!

HOWEVER the $19.99 level packs and 40% off DO NOT stack

Scooby-Doo. It's the only way to access that world while Harry Potter will have fun packs that give access to its world
The Harry Potter Team pack won't have any fun packs.
Fantastic Beasts does have a fun pack to go with it's story pack, however Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter are considered two seperate franchises in game. (Fantastic Beasts takes place about 70 years before Harry Potter and is set in America vs. UK)

EXTREMELY YMMV: if your local TRU is an ad test store, you can potentially get three fun packs for $14.XX. My store (Jantzen Beach, OR) has this weeks sale as well as testing next weeks which leads to B2G1 Free stacking with everything 40% off!

HOWEVER the $19.99 level packs and 40% off DO NOT stack
Holy balls. Did you leave anything left? I may be making a trip to Jantzen Beach for lunch tomorrow...

The Harry Potter Team pack won't have any fun packs.
Fantastic Beasts does have a fun pack to go with it's story pack, however Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter are considered two seperate franchises in game. (Fantastic Beasts takes place about 70 years before Harry Potter and is set in America vs. UK)
It said it was announced at comic con that Hermoine will come in a fun pack.

http://brick-inquirer.com/2016/07/25/hermoine-fun-pack-announced-and-everything-else-announced-at-the-lego-dimensions-sdcc-panel/

Here are more pictures and a video with a few seconds of the mini figure

http://www.brickstolife.com/first-look-hermione-lego-dimensions-minifigure/

I wonder if it might be some store exclusive as she appears along with Marceline (and Marceline seems will no longer be TRU exclusive at Wave 7.5)

Are the Y1 Level packs for $17.99 at TRU a good deal?  Wanted a pick a few up for xmas presents, but haven't followed the pricing much so not sure if they usually drop lower than that.  

It's not a bad deal, but they've been cheaper. Sets were 50% off at Black Friday. 40% off isn't too bad, but if you can wait, they'll probably be cheaper again. One deal not too long ago at Best Buy was 55% off, if I recall.

Edit: I just noticed the part where you mentioned these are for Christmas. You might want to jump on this sale then. The difference in savings is only a few bucks and who knows if we'd see another good sale before Christmas.

It said it was announced at comic con that Hermoine will come in a fun pack.
http://brick-inquirer.com/2016/07/25/hermoine-fun-pack-announced-and-everything-else-announced-at-the-lego-dimensions-sdcc-panel/

Here are more pictures and a video with a few seconds of the mini figure
http://www.brickstolife.com/first-look-hermione-lego-dimensions-minifigure/

I wonder if it might be some store exclusive as she appears along with Marceline (and Marceline seems will no longer be TRU exclusive at Wave 7.5)
Holy crap! Our display hasn't been updated past the New Ghostbusters yet so i haven't seen that yet.

Finally opened my Marceline from $20 for 3 at TRU, the tag doesn't work. So, I guess the best way is to contact LEGO support?
Have you tried to pre-download the Adventure Time update before using the tag? I saw that as a possible solution someone posted. I tried doing that before I even put Marceline on the base so I can't say if that is why mine worked or I got lucky.

Have you tried to pre-download the Adventure Time update before using the tag? I saw that as a possible solution someone posted. I tried doing that before I even put Marceline on the base so I can't say if that is why mine worked or I got lucky.
I already have the Adventure Time Level Pack and played the adventure world to get the red brick (extra stud), so that didn't solve the problem.

There is a new game update which was being downloaded when I tried, will try again later.

Finally opened my Marceline from $20 for 3 at TRU, the tag doesn't work. So, I guess the best way is to contact LEGO support?
I contacted Lego support and I received a replacement tag yesterday. It scanned in just fine even before the new patch. When I get home I will try and scan in the old tag after the patch to see if it works now.

The download wouldn't affect the game's ability to read the tag as it is the tag itself that tells the game that a download is needed. I contacted Lego support via their web form last week (Friday, I think.)  They said I needed to respond to the e-mail with a picture that includes the receipt, the game disc and case, and a piece of paper with my e-mail address. I took the picture (included the Marceline minifig in the pic too) and e-mailed it to them. They replied the following day thanking me and said I should expect the new part within the next 7-10 business days.  It didn't take that long at all.  FedEx delivered it yesterday (two business days) in a huge plastic envelope bag.  The tag stand was the only thing in it.  I tried it out, it worked perfectly, and then the game asked if I wanted to download the Adventure Time data.  Smoothest. Transaction. Ever.

If anyone else is a crazy person like me and feels that their Newt Scamander from the Fantastic Beasts story pack is naked without his brown suitcase, this is the cheapest I've seen to order one to add to his minifigure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-BRIEFCASE-Brown-Minifigure-Minifig-Business-Briefcase-Suitcase-Bag-NEW-/291549180663?hash=item43e1af72f7:g:n-IAAOSwyQtV3ese
Wait two weeks and you can get free shipping from LEGO S@H, then go to the pick-a-brick section and find one for 17 cents.

Color Family: Reddish Brown

Exact Color: Reddish brown

Category: Figure accessories in hand

Element ID: 4211235

Design ID: 4449

Price: $0.17

The download wouldn't affect the game's ability to read the tag as it is the tag itself that tells the game that a download is needed. I contacted Lego support via their web form last week (Friday, I think.) They said I needed to respond to the e-mail with a picture that includes the receipt, the game disc and case, and a piece of paper with my e-mail address. I took the picture (included the Marceline minifig in the pic too) and e-mailed it to them. They replied the following day thanking me and said I should expect the new part within the next 7-10 business days. It didn't take that long at all. FedEx delivered it yesterday (two business days) in a huge plastic envelope bag. The tag stand was the only thing in it. I tried it out, it worked perfectly, and then the game asked if I wanted to download the Adventure Time data. Smoothest. Transaction. Ever.
The Update 2.1.2 (version on main menu, PS4 update said 1.14) actually works for me.

Marceline was detected and when she showed up, it also asked there was a new Adventure Time Level update and it would download and delete the old one.

The tag actually isn't blank. Before the update, when I put the tag on the portal, it didn't say anything on the screen. But if I put a blank gadget tag, it would say the tag is blank. So, probably they wrote a wrong ID into tag when manufactured and now had ID added to the game.

The Update 2.1.2 (version on main menu, PS4 update said 1.14) actually works for me.

Marceline was detected and when she showed up, it also asked there was a new Adventure Time Level update and it would download and delete the old one.

The tag actually isn't blank. Before the update, when I put the tag on the portal, it didn't say anything on the screen. But if I put a blank gadget tag, it would say the tag is blank. So, probably they wrote a wrong ID into tag when manufactured and now had ID added to the game.
Awesome. Glad to know it is now working. Hopefully this will help others with the same problem.

Both mine and my friend's Marceline actually said on the screen that it was a blank toy tag when we tried each of our's on our own PS4s. It's quite possible that you simply had a working Marceline and just needed the update for the game to recognize her. Apparently not all the Marcelines are blank, just most in the states. People in Canada and elsewhere were shipped working Marcelines.

Both mine and my friend's Marceline actually said on the screen that it was a blank toy tag when we tried each of our's on our own PS4s. It's quite possible that you simply had a working Marceline and just needed the update for the game to recognize her. Apparently not all the Marcelines are blank, just most in the states. People in Canada and elsewhere were shipped working Marcelines.
That's possible. And I went to TRU to return some previous purchase, I saw they're still selling Marceline in store even though it's pulled from the web.

Sorry, meant more specifically what day, and how do we know that they're going to do free shipping again? Sorry for coming off as an imbecile :)
That's okay because maybe I'm losing my mind. I swear there was free shipping on any order the weekend before the Christmas shipping deadline. But the store calendar is literally just for the B&M Stores. I'd say like 15-19th, that time frame. It will take about three weeks before you get the part, they have to hand pick the single piece and fly it from Denmark. :)

If you go back to Monday there was also free shipping on any order. ;)

Thanks to everyone who posted about checking Gamestop for Green Arrow! I just went and picked one up :)
Me too. They looked up my order that still hasn't shipped and gave me a Green Arrow cause I was concerned about it bot shipping with one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's possible. And I went to TRU to return some previous purchase, I saw they're still selling Marceline in store even though it's pulled from the web.
You can't buy it in store even though many locations have it still on the shelf. It register locks out when it is rung up and it's not possible for a manager to override it as it's a recall.

Gotcha. Then I probably just got really lucky. Ordered in the US from Toysrus.com

Holy crap, the Toys R Us in Jantzen Beach Oregon is a gold mine. Thank you whomever suggested it.

The 40% off fun packs this week stacks with the B2G1 from next week, making them $4.79/ea.

I snagged 14 fun packs for $67.06 - they were missing the last 3 I needed unfortunately, Superman, Legolas and Gollum.

Boom.

Holy crap, the Toys R Us in Jantzen Beach Oregon is a gold mine. Thank you whomever suggested it.

The 40% off fun packs this week stacks with the B2G1 from next week, making them $4.79/ea.

I snagged 14 fun packs for $67.06 - they were missing the last 3 I needed unfortunately, Superman, Legolas and Gollum.

Boom.
I think you're the guy i just talked to about it at the counter! Nice to meet a fellow CAG

Yeah, the register will block the sale of those since it's a recall item. I can see some stores still having them on the shelf since the recall just went into effect this week

Boom.
Can you tell me until when does the stacked promo end? Just the Fun Packs?

I personally called all 3 TRU stores in Austin, TX... spoke to a manager at all 3, all stated they were not test stores.

Just checked out at the Jantzen Beach TRU. Got Fun Packs of E.T., Mr. T & Jay. I got both the 40% off as well as buy-two-get-one-free. Thanks, fellers! Might go back tomorrow, but they were pretty cleaned out... Not sure if they even have three left that I need!

bread's done
Back