Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
The BB sale from last week is still on now, and stuff that was sold out before, like the Fantastic Beasts story pack and the Sonic the Hedgehog level pack are back in stock.
thanks, cancelled my amazon sonic order and got it for cheaper at best buy.

$18 at BB

$14 at Amazon

Am I missing something?
With GCU, it's $14.40. Walmart has subsequently bested Best Buy and put it on sale for $0.40 cheaper, and Amazon has (coincidently?) matched their price. BB with GCU is still the better deal for Story and Team Packs.

With GCU, it's $14.40. Walmart has subsequently bested Best Buy and put it on sale for $0.40 cheaper, and Amazon has (coincidently?) matched their price. BB with GCU is still the better deal for Story and Team Packs.
Yeah but Brenex said he canceled his Amazon order. Unless they want to spend the extra 40 cents and get it sooner... maybe.

Go to San Diego Comic Con and be one of the first at their booth on the first day. Or buy it off ebay
I know you're joking, but they didn't give out Super Girl at SDCC. It was Green Lantern Arrow. And it was at their panel, not their normal giveaways.

Just got back from my local Family Dollar, and they had literally *just* unpacked and shelved Ninjago Nya and Lego Movie Emmett Fun Packs, for $5 each.

I would suggest checking any nearby Family Dollars if you need them, and possibly Dollar Generals since they get similar stuff.

Looks like I will buy the story packs from Best Buy and return them to Toysrus for the $20 difference I paid, but does a toysrus online order for store pickup count as an online order or a store purchase as far as the return policy goes?

Looks like I will buy the story packs from Best Buy and return them to Toysrus for the $20 difference I paid, but does a toysrus online order for store pickup count as an online order or a store purchase as far as the return policy goes?
Not sure about TRU, but most major retailers allow online returns to regular stores.

you can return Toys R Us online purchases to the store... I've only run into issues when they coudln't find the order in their system, but I forget why they couldn't (it's only happened once).

Upcoming 50% off all dimensions products starting New Years at Best Buy, in addition to GCU, means story Packs for $20
Indeed. The Fun Packs will be the same price they are now, but $20 for story packs is too good to pass up. Unfortunately, they had trouble keeping them in stock with the current, not as good sale. How long will they last when they're even cheaper? With the upcoming prices:

Level packs will be $12.

Team packs will be $10.

Fun packs will still be $4.80.

The big question is, is this the cheapest they'll go, at least in the near future?

I'm wondering how good a deal these things really are, now that I've actually played the level packs I bought. Even the really good ones, like Sonic and Mission: Impossible can be beaten in about an hour, and that's taking my time, exploring every nook and cranny. Worse, there are complete walkthroughs for the Story Packs on Youtube that are just over three hours in length.

I'm wondering how good a deal these things really are, now that I've actually played the level packs I bought. Even the really good ones, like Sonic and Mission: Impossible can be beaten in about an hour, and that's taking my time, exploring every nook and cranny. Worse, there are complete walkthroughs for the Story Packs on Youtube that are just over three hours in length.
Lego Dimensions is always not a good deal if you're not into LEGO toys or toy-to-life games. And some people would pay some premium price to get Supergirl and Green Arrow just to use 2 more characters and their abilities.

You can get way more play time and many more characters to play with (and no need to pay any additional money) by buying any other LEGO video games, and it's not hard to get a year old one for $20 or less.

Lego Dimensions is always not a good deal if you're not into LEGO toys or toy-to-life games. And some people would pay some premium price to get Supergirl and Green Arrow just to use 2 more characters and their abilities.

You can get way more play time and many more characters to play with (and no need to pay any additional money) by buying any other LEGO video games, and it's not hard to get a year old one for $20 or less.
Honestly, these things are pretty much always a terrible value when you're looking at a strictly from a playtime-for-money perspective. There are several of the franchises that I have some fondness for, and I've also been a fan of LEGOs for over 30 years, so getting some of this stuff on a decent sale is a proposition of reasonable value for me. Your mileage will always vary.

I'm one of those people who paid what I consider to be a ridiculous amount ($30) for a minifig; I got a Supergirl PS4 pack on sale at Target a few weeks ago even though I only have a PS3. I half-heartedly attempted to resell the rest of the stuff on eBay and now I'll probably just chuck it into a closet for a few years and maybe revisit it if/when I buy a PS4.

Another aspect is the pop culture ip's that haven't seen the light of day for many years, coming back as part of this game. Gremlins, Goonies, Knight Rider for example. It's one of the few ways fans can support these old franchises, and enjoy the game at the same time.

Honestly, these things are pretty much always a terrible value when you're looking at a strictly from a playtime-for-money perspective. There are several of the franchises that I have some fondness for, and I've also been a fan of LEGOs for over 30 years, so getting some of this stuff on a decent sale is a proposition of reasonable value for me. Your mileage will always vary.

I'm one of those people who paid what I consider to be a ridiculous amount ($30) for a minifig; I got a Supergirl PS4 pack on sale at Target a few weeks ago even though I only have a PS3. I half-heartedly attempted to resell the rest of the stuff on eBay and now I'll probably just chuck it into a closet for a few years and maybe revisit it if/when I buy a PS4.
Yep. I get past it with the fact that I can supplement Dimensions with buying the other Lego franchise games for PC when they hit $5.
Thus, I get lots of game time, lots of new Legos, and a pretty reasonable average price. (And it becomes very easy to stick to "Never pay retail")

Another aspect is the pop culture ip's that haven't seen the light of day for many years, coming back as part of this game. Gremlins, Goonies, Knight Rider for example. It's one of the few ways fans can support these old franchises, and enjoy the game at the same time.
There's a knight Rider?

Can't wait to build Kitt and drive him around in game.. also is Goonies going to be a Story pack?

Edit: Just googled and it turns out it's only a level pack.. huge missed opportunity in my opinion.

Can't wait to build Kitt and drive him around in game.. also is Goonies going to be a Story pack?

Edit: Just googled and it turns out it's only a level pack.. huge missed opportunity in my opinion.
Same with Harry Potter - if they had largely just ported the two standalone titles, making a few changes to accommodate the characters from other franchises and other general changes, such as making story and free play one and the same, changing some character's powers to be more like the current Dimensions game plays like, and removing the requirement of sticking to canonical characters on first playthrough. They could also add some stuff with the portal, maybe include some new story elements, cameos from other franchises, and perhaps even a few new levels, all involving the larger Dimensions plot. Everyone would be happy that they finally made a substantial pack, and the developers could save money since a bulk of the development is already completed.

They could do that with their other standalone games as well, especially since kids (the game's target audience) weren't around for the first release, and won't be aware it is a rehash. Those of us, like me, who are aware would buy it for the ability to play as Batman and Mr. T in the adventure, and have progress in there count towards my Dimensions totals, as well as check out what new surprises the developers have in store for us. They could even call it "Lego Classics" or something like that, acknowledging that they are rehashes, but there is enough new substance for even those who played the originals to completion to give it another go.

Same with Harry Potter - if they had largely just ported the two standalone titles, making a few changes to accommodate the characters from other franchises and other general changes, such as making story and free play one and the same, changing some character's powers to be more like the current Dimensions game plays like, and removing the requirement of sticking to canonical characters on first playthrough. They could also add some stuff with the portal, maybe include some new story elements, cameos from other franchises, and perhaps even a few new levels, all involving the larger Dimensions plot. Everyone would be happy that they finally made a substantial pack, and the developers could save money since a bulk of the development is already completed.

They could do that with their other standalone games as well, especially since kids (the game's target audience) weren't around for the first release, and won't be aware it is a rehash. Those of us, like me, who are aware would buy it for the ability to play as Batman and Mr. T in the adventure, and have progress in there count towards my Dimensions totals, as well as check out what new surprises the developers have in store for us. They could even call it "Lego Classics" or something like that, acknowledging that they are rehashes, but there is enough new substance for even those who played the originals to completion to give it another go.
Please stop asking game publishers to keep spending time and effort trying to sell us the same game over and over again. I get that you would like to see some additional features in the older games, but the remaster/remake craze has reached ridiculous proportions. They just released the two Lego Harry Potter Lego as a combo pack on the PS4 already, they don't need to dip that well again. How about some new ideas instead of the same thing?

Please stop asking game publishers to keep spending time and effort trying to sell us the same game over and over again. I get that you would like to see some additional features in the older games, but the remaster/remake craze has reached ridiculous proportions. They just released the two Lego Harry Potter Lego as a combo pack on the PS4 already, they don't need to dip that well again. How about some new ideas instead of the same thing?
Good point. Uncharted Nathan Drake was great, but the PS4 remake of the PS3 remake of the PS2 games Final Fantasy X and X-2 have me saying enough is enough! That said, I'm looking forward to the FF VII remake, but am actually disappointed they're making significant changes to the gameplay (no more turn based combat) rather than the standard formula of release the same game with better graphics.

All the Lego games are rehashes anyway, just using the same game play as previous games. Mostly just using the same abilities to unlock the same red/gold bricks. The ability to play as Dr. Who or Mr. T in the Lego Harry Potter games would be a nice touch and add something to this game, which doesn't seem like asking too much. That the Harry Potter world doesn't have any additional levels or trophies is a pretty big missed opportunity for the Dimensions franchise

Realized I have more than I thought.  I just bought the Adventure Time Team and Level packs.  Only other things I'm missing at this point are the Midway Level Pack and the Ninjago Team Pack.  May pick up Midway before sale ends just for access to that but not super interested in either.

Picked up Mission Impossible (looks like an awesome level, Ethan has a lot of rare abilities, and he's voiced by Tom Cruise), the two Story Packs, and Sonic the Hedgehog. From the playthrough videos I've seen, Year Two is a lot better: the adventure worlds are bigger and the level packs have more interesting stories with supporting characters playing significant roles instead of just giving you new objectives or saying "thank you for rescuing me. Bye bye!." See how much of an improvement Jacob Kowalski made in the Fantastic Beasts narrative, or the way Ethan Hunt interacts with his fellow team members, making the worlds seem more alive, as there are more than just you and your portal team mates out there.

Considering PS4 is not backward compatible, I don't see releasing old games on new platform at a bargain price is an issue. No one force you to buy it again, and it's a win/win to the publishers and people who don't own a PS3 or previous gen consoles.

I certainly won't double dip as already 100%/all trophies on the first one and beat the 2nd/75% unlocked, but people have their choice to buy again or not (for additional DLC)

Realized I have more than I thought. I just bought the Adventure Time Team and Level packs. Only other things I'm missing at this point are the Midway Level Pack and the Ninjago Team Pack. May pick up Midway before sale ends just for access to that but not super interested in either.
The only reason to pick up Ninjago Team Pack is if you want those figures. Any Ninjago fun pack will give you access to the Ninjago world.

And since you have Finn, you don't even need Sensei Wu for the Pole Vault Ability.

Midway Level Pack will give you access to many retro Midway video games if that's your thing.

Just snagged 6 of the 9 level packs (previously purchased at Walmart for $14 ea but clearly a better deal here with GCU), as well as a handful of Team packs (DC Joker & Harley, the Simpsons fun packs, etc) I was missing. Holiday sales earlier means I now have to ask for an adjustment on a few team and level packs too, but I don't see an issue there. YAY for good deals on LEGO!

I'm tempted to buy the Supergirl starter for $35.99. Wasn't it $27.99 last time?I should have bought it on BF. I just never saw it in stock until tonight. Looking at camelcamelcamel lets me see that it was $29.99 a couple weeks ago on amazon. I can't believe I missed that. I'm having trouble spending $35.99 when I think it was once cheaper... and I don't even want the starter pack of course. I only want Supergirl dammit. 

MuOhEF.gif

I bought Fantastic Beasts before it goes out of stock though. Have we ever seen a story pack go below $19.99 yet? I figured I might as well buy it now because who knows if or when it will be any lower. 

I may finally pick up the midway arcade and simpsons level packs this time if I can build up some best buy credit somehow this week. Last week was the week to do it with the 50% bonus but I didn't get a chance. I bet the customer service lines after Christmas weren't very fun anyway.

I'm tempted to buy the Supergirl starter for $35.99. Wasn't it $27.99 last time?I should have bought it on BF. I just never saw it in stock until tonight. Looking at camelcamelcamel lets me see that it was $29.99 a couple weeks ago on amazon. I can't believe I missed that. I'm having trouble spending $35.99 when I think it was once cheaper... and I don't even want the starter pack of course. I only want Supergirl dammit.
For your record, the Supergirl starter pack was $29.99 (and 5% off with Red Card) at Target the week before Christmas. So, it's possible some retailer will have it cheaper than $36 again, but who knows.

MuOhEF.gif

I bought Fantastic Beasts before it goes out of stock though. Have we ever seen a story pack go below $19.99 yet? I figured I might as well buy it now because who knows if or when it will be any lower.

I may finally pick up the midway arcade and simpsons level packs this time if I can build up some best buy credit somehow this week. Last week was the week to do it with the 50% bonus but I didn't get a chance. I bet the customer service lines after Christmas weren't very fun anyway.
Well, maybe you could get lucky via eBay? (Though for the cost, you may as well just get the PS4 starter on sale.) Don't forget there's a limited Green Arrow figure out there.

For your record, the Supergirl starter pack was $29.99 (and 5% off with Red Card) at Target the week before Christmas. So, it's possible some retailer will have it cheaper than $36 again, but who knows.
That's exactly when I decided to pick up the game. Lucky for me all these sales happened at the same time or shortly after!

Great prices at BB.  Time to get on the price match chat to get hte most recent wave I bought at Black Friday adjusted to 50% + GCU.

I spoke with best buy via chat nad just got my BB sonic pack price adjusted from $14.39 to $11.99. I'm pretty happy with that price!

bread's done
Back