Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
No! Just came here to post that it is in stock at shop.lego.com for $14.99. Good price and I know it's been rare to find lately.
Thanks, picked one up with a darth vader statue for the free shipping. I'll throw that batman free thing on ebay for a couple bucks. Anyone have any deals on scooby doo set?

*EDIT* Well that's lawlsy, GS has it on sale for $17 and change.

The following sets have been retired from LEGO and will be hard to get in the future. If you find any, buy them asap: https://shop.lego.com/en-US/search/retired?S1=&callback=json&cc=us&count=18&do=json-db&i=1&jsonp=jsonCallback&lang=en&pt=shop&q=retired&q1=cat1360003&rank=rankUS&sp_q_exact_9=us&x1=theme_id

Also, Portal Level Packs have been found in Texas for a $1 at 99 cent chain stores.
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/lyZhD
WTF? How the hell did the Portal 2 level packs even end up at the 99 cents store of all place? Especially when they still sell them for $29.99 everywhere else. Crazy.

Did everyone just think LEGO was going to continue making every single set for the next 2+ years?

Kind of sad because might want JW and Scooby areas if I ever buy the game.
That's what I thought, otherwise, I'd have bought JW and SD at BB this last time around. I held off because I didn't want to spend too much money, as I'd already spent quite heavily during the Thanksgiving-New Years frame (like I do every year), but I'll probably end up spending as much for one set as I would have for both.

Wonder Woman is worth getting. Though I don't know if Super Girl replaces her for the most part.
She is worth getting for the presentation aspects alone. The 70s WW theme song plays every time she takes flight, and the invisible jet is one of the coolest looking vehicles ever (and it turns into a submarine, allowing characters to travel underwater who otherwise can't). Sadly, the base and clamp pieces are not transparent, probably because they don't normally manufacture those (and it would likely cost to much to do so as this set is likely the only one that would ever use them) or they figured that attaching pieces to clear clamps would be too difficult. Whatever the reason, it still looks cool, and the in-game model is 100% clear. However, if you aren't a WW fan, and/or buy characters only for access to new worlds or new abilities, than you can probably give her a pass, as D.C. World is already avaiable via Batman, and permenant invincibility, which she shares only with Superman/Supergirl, is the sole rare ability she possesses, and it doesn't give you access to new areas.

Moleman or bust

edit: I will also accept Frank Grimes
I have the Moleman and Comic Book Guy minifigs - good stuff. Seems strange that there were only 3 Simpsons figures in Dimensions considering there were two whole waves of minifigs produced. That would also seem to make it even less likely that we'll get more Simpsons in Dimensions since those are retired, unless the models from the Kwik-E-Mart set are used.

That's what I thought, otherwise, I'd have bought JW and SD at BB this last time around. I held off because I didn't want to spend too much money, as I'd already spent quite heavily during the Thanksgiving-New Years frame (like I do every year), but I'll probably end up spending as much for one set as I would have for both.
Would you have rather they just discontinued Dimensions and come with Dimensions 2? Common sense, buy the older stuff first. LEGO sets, and Toys to Life sets, don't stay around for 3+ years.

I'm a little surprised that LEGO is discontinuing sets. I'm glad I picked up the remaining sets I needed last month.

On the subject of "The Simpsons" in Dimensions, I always got the impression that for whatever reason, LEGO/Traveler's Tales/WB Games cheaped out on it, or Fox wanted too much for licensing. The game only has dialogue from Dan Castellaneta (Homer, Krusty, et al), and that's it. Bart got a figure, but he has no lines. The game doesn't even feature the main theme; rather, it has a knock-off. Disappointing overall.

I'm a little surprised that LEGO is discontinuing sets. I'm glad I picked up the remaining sets I needed last month.

On the subject of "The Simpsons" in Dimensions, I always got the impression that for whatever reason, LEGO/Traveler's Tales/WB Games cheaped out on it, or Fox wanted too much for licensing. The game only has dialogue from Dan Castellaneta (Homer, Krusty, et al), and that's it. Bart got a figure, but he has no lines. The game doesn't even feature the main theme; rather, it has a knock-off. Disappointing overall.
Strangely, Sonic also used knockoff music; one of the few disappointments in an otherwise excellent level. While The Simpsons is a pretty big deal, I never suspected they'd need to knockoff Sonic in a game that used the original themes to Superman, E.T., Ghostbusters, and Lord of the Rings.

Strangely, Sonic also used knockoff music; one of the few disappointments in an otherwise excellent level. While The Simpsons is a pretty big deal, I never suspected they'd need to knockoff Sonic in a game that used the original themes to Superman, E.T., Ghostbusters, and Lord of the Rings.
WB owns DC so the Superman theme makes sense, plus they had already made a LEGO LOTR game so there was an existing partnership

Yeah, I could have added that I am a Lego El Hoardo
That's not something to brag about.

Scooby Doo set has been removed from BB site. Congrats to all who were smart enough to buy it. Jurassic World is still there (for now) but will likely stay sold out until it's gone entirely. Oddly, Superman, who I have never seen in stock, ever, and assumed had been discontinued, given the insane asking prices on Ebay, is back in stock.

For anyone in/near Milwaukee, Oak Creek Meijers has a ton of stock. Lots of year 1 stuff as well. Full retail, but there was some discontinued stuff (Wonder Woman for sure). PM me if there is anything you are looking for and are willing to pay cost+actual shipping (no profit for me, just trying to help). I know full retail is taboo, but lets face it, still cheaper than ebay.

Looks like (according to website "stock") that all 6 discontinued sets are in stock there. Not a lot of year 2 stuff (no Sonic or A-Team).

Not a dimensions set, but: the Xbox one version of Lego Avengers is $20 at a bunch of stores. Unfortunately I can't find any near me at Best Buy where GCU makes it $16. Happy hunting!

Did everyone just think LEGO was going to continue making every single set for the next 2+ years?

Kind of sad because might want JW and Scooby areas if I ever buy the game.
If they have to keep discounting the Dimensions figures at cheaper than regular LEGO figures to move the sale, I doubt that make any business sense for them to continue making the game.

If they have to keep discounting the Dimensions figures at cheaper than regular LEGO figures to move the sale, I doubt that make any business sense for them to continue making the game.
Regular Lego sets get discounts too, and they keep making those. Lego Dimensions also moves some units at full price. And the discounted sets might still be turning a profit. There are a lot of unknowns here, so I don't see how anyone can really speculate anything unless they're in the know or have some hard numbers.

Buy 1 Get 1 free all toys to life figures and accessories at Toys R Us this week. Not the greatest sale but if you buy two things at the same price you effectively get them for 50% off

Regular mini figures are $4 and almost never on sale while Dimensions are $12 ad always on sale for $6. So I really don't understand your point at all. LEGO clearly is making money with them, they probably cost nothing to make, so what is your point? Stop making the game expansions because stores stick them on sale? LEGO makes 800 sets a year and 90% of them were 305+ off this holiday season, should LEGO just go "We are going to stop making toys, the sales are too much."

Buy 1 Get 1 free all toys to life figures and accessories at Toys R Us this week. Not the greatest sale but if you buy two things at the same price you effectively get them for 50% off
And they still have all of the retiring sets available for shipping. Not bad.

Ordered Scooby and Jurassic from TRU. Had a $5 reward, but upon entering it the free item changed from being free to costing $2.50. So my $5 reward only saved me $2.50. Whatevs, got both of them for a little over $24 shipped. 

But still, can understand why people hate on TRU. 

My son and I just put the 360 starter pack together today and everything works fine that came with that. But when my son goes to use the Adventure Time Fun Pack he gets an error message and neither piece will work. I was at work when he was playing do I didn't get to see the error he was getting. He made it seem like the game needed a update but none was available since the fun pack was a wave 3 release or something like that.

My son and I just put the 360 starter pack together today and everything works fine that came with that. But when my son goes to use the Adventure Time Fun Pack he gets an error message and neither piece will work. I was at work when he was playing do I didn't get to see the error he was getting. He made it seem like the game needed a update but none was available since the fun pack was a wave 3 release or something like that.
If it's anything like the PS4 version, you have to go to the main opening loading screen of the game, and then to settings and then to the content Manager or whatever it's called and pick which extra content you want to install.

Adventure Time stuff is year 2 and requires an update. When you put the character on the portal it should have a pop-up ask if you want to download the Adventure Time data

If it's anything like the PS4 version, you have to go to the main opening loading screen of the game, and then to settings and then to the content Manager or whatever it's called and pick which extra content you want to install.
Ok thanks he wouldn't have checked there and if he didn't get a prompt to download an update he would have been lost.

I'm probably late to the party on this, but I was just looking for info on what else was coming in February and found out the two fun packs coming out are retailer exclusives. I really hate this retailer exclusive thing that has been going on for years and years now.

Target gets Excalibur Batman and GameStop gets Knight Rider. Wish they were both at TRU to take advantage of the B1G1.

I'm probably late to the party on this, but I was just looking for info on what else was coming in February and found out the two fun packs coming out are retailer exclusives. I really hate this retailer exclusive thing that has been going on for years and years now.

Target gets Excalibur Batman and GameStop gets Knight Rider. Wish they were both at TRU to take advantage of the B1G1.
Thankfully they're only exclusives until the next wave, then they'll be everywhere

Regular mini figures are $4 and almost never on sale while Dimensions are $12 ad always on sale for $6. So I really don't understand your point at all. LEGO clearly is making money with them, they probably cost nothing to make, so what is your point? Stop making the game expansions because stores stick them on sale? LEGO makes 800 sets a year and 90% of them were 305+ off this holiday season, should LEGO just go "We are going to stop making toys, the sales are too much."
Minifigure is $4 but doesn't include the gadget or vehicle in the fun pack.

And you do think maintaining a game development team (at least 6 figures annually each person) or paying the studio and other development cost is cheap in additional to the cost of toys? when compared to a much lowest cost by selling figures alone.

Minifigure is $4 but doesn't include the gadget or vehicle in the fun pack.

And you do think maintaining a game development team (at least 6 figures annually each person) or paying the studio and other development cost is cheap in additional to the cost of toys? when compared to a much lowest cost by selling figures alone.
LEGO makes the mini figures for like 50 cents. We have this talk in the LEGO Deals topic. LEGO is making insane profit off of mini figures, and not everyone is buying a fun pack at $6, some pay full price from the website because money is no object.

The licenses are not free. It doesn't matter what it costs Lego, anyway. What are you going to do, buy the Mega Blocks version of Dimensions?

But there are the small poly bag sets as well. These include a figure, sometimes 2, and a build that is probably more pieces than the Dimensions vehicles. These also include licensed sets and generally cost $4-5. Dimensions can survive with these sales and be profitable.

And you do think maintaining a game development team (at least 6 figures annually each person) . . . is cheap?
Six figures each person? Maybe for the lead designers, but for the most part, working for a video game company is like working for a Hollywood studio without the powerful unions: so many computer science graduates want to work for game companies that the companies can get away with paying less and/or demanding longer hours than their less "sexy" competition. However, even if you pay them peanuts, when you see how many people were involved just by looking at the credits at the end of the game, the costs of development are still significant.

Went by TRU earlier to take part in the B1G1 free and they had a limited selection of sets I didn't have. I ended up getting Jay and an amiibo for a friend. I just checked my "blank" Marceline tag and it is working now but I had received a replacement from Lego before the patch. Guess I am going to try and trade just the tag for something.

LEGO makes the mini figures for like 50 cents. We have this talk in the LEGO Deals topic. LEGO is making insane profit off of mini figures, and not everyone is buying a fun pack at $6, some pay full price from the website because money is no object.
They makes profit from $6 fun pack of course, but that's before the game development, marketing and many other cost.

If they can simply make more profit from selling regular LEGO pieces, why they want to invest on Dimensions anymore.

The retailers might also don't like them taking up that much space when they have to constantly put deep discount just to move them.

I don't believe they will keep releasing Dimensions for long from business aspect (this is my answer to the original poster), though I hope I'm wrong.

Six figures each person? Maybe for the lead designers, but for the most part, working for a video game company is like working for a Hollywood studio without the powerful unions: so many computer science graduates want to work for game companies that the companies can get away with paying less and/or demanding longer hours than their less "sexy" competition. However, even if you pay them peanuts, when you see how many people were involved just by looking at the credits at the end of the game, the costs of development are still significant.
Of course not talking about the high school or college kids doing QA. I was in the industry, it definitely doesn't need to be a Lead to get 6 figures and not counting other employment benefit that the companies have to pay.

LEGO Dimensions (as well as amiibos and other toys to life) are Buy One Get One at TRU.

This includes pre-orders for the new Batman Movie Story pack:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=111584206&cp=&parentPage=search
Picked up Jurassic World and the last Scooby Doo on the shelf. Cost $5.00 more total than I could have bought it for at BB, but Scooby is no longer even offered there, and JW will likely be gone when they offer another deal like that again. Also checked BB, and there were a paltry three sets (not counting starters) on the shelves, which is an improvement over none, but more evidence their B&M stores are becoming more and more useless.

bread's done
Back