Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for those who might have played it - is the Chima world worth unlocking for the $5 it would cost to grab one of the characters at Five Below? I don't really care for the TV show (my kid tried watching it and lost interest) but if the world is fun I might be tempted.

Did pretty well on ebay thanks to the 99 cent resellers - managed to get Krusty, Bart, Unikitty, Golum, Legolas, and Sensei Wu for $18 shipped from one seller and the BTTF set for $8 from another.
Yes, just about all the Adventure Worlds are worth unlocking just for the hours of playtime they provide. I spend far more time in them than I do in the levels, and they are the biggest source of gold bricks, which are not only needed to unlock alternate vehicle/gadget builds, but also are a main measure for game completion. The Chima world is also more of a natural setting, not as cool as the Jurassic World or Harry Potter worlds, but definitely a step up from the nearly endless cityscapes you get in Ghostbusters (both), Fantastic Beasts (though the 1920s setting makes it somewhat different), A-Team, E.T. (which is suburbia but has the same generic vibe), Mission Impossible, and probably more upcoming.

I'm betting the $18 for 6 figures seller is the same one I saw and contemplated buying from, but decided not to due to the fact I'm fast running out of physical space for these things.

Hey guys! I'm sure everyone will see it eventually but I figured these might sell out fast since I know a lot of people have been picking up the packs and don't have the game.. The starters are on sale at best buy $50 before GCU/$40 after.. $40/32 for last gen

Well Ive decided to jump in on this game. five below I see listed, any other east coast stores would have these on the cheap?

Hey guys! I'm sure everyone will see it eventually but I figured these might sell out fast since I know a lot of people have been picking up the packs and don't have the game.. The starters are on sale at best buy $50 before GCU/$40 after.. $40/32 for last gen
These have been on sale for quite a bit cheaper ($24 after GCU for current, $16 for last gen), but that's little consolation for those surounded by $.99 packs, anxious to play them.

there was one yesterday, now is $5... they change prices daily for single packs

sorry, but keep an eye out :)
You're unlikely to get a good deal on a single pack, since I believe shipping alone currently sits at $2.60 minimum, likely more depending on weight and locations.

Wave 8 is up on Amazon for pre-order.

Goonies Level Pack

LEGO City Fun Pack

Harry Potter Hermione Fun Pack

Seems so high after being spoiled with all of the $1 sets.

I definitely want Goonies at some point.
Liking the Hermione, and while the Lego City Undercover figure and vehicle look rather dull, another Adventure World is always welcome. I was looking forward to Goonies, but why have Sloth as the figure? Sure, he can transform into the other cast members, but he was one of the lamest, least popular characters in the film. Using a bald cap, instead of a custom-shaped head, makes it all the worse.

Liking the Hermione, and while the Lego City Undercover figure and vehicle look rather dull, another Adventure World is always welcome. I was looking forward to Goonies, but why have Sloth as the figure? Sure, he can transform into the other cast members, but he was one of the lamest, least popular characters in the film. Using a bald cap, instead of a custom-shaped head, makes it all the worse.
Gotta disagree with you on this one. Sloth is the most instantly-recognizable character from the movie, and if you had picked one of the kids everyone would be up in arms as to why Mikey or Chunk or Mouth or whoever got a minifigure but not their favorite character instead. Sloth is the smart choice.

Stopped at family Dollar and they do have some for $5. Just had China and ninjago but they did have Jay (blue ninja) which I don't have yet so I was able to pick that up.

WHAT?!? Sloth is the shit! And the tard-cap allows for derping out other minifigures. This will allow any number of other Lego minifigs to go full retard.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=E8f8YMlvamQ

Dollar Tree was a bust in my area. I've checked two and nothing. I'll try Big Lots and Family Dollar then this coming up Saturday and report if I see anything as well.

Back to The Future level pack
Doctor Who level pack
Midway Arcade level pack
Ghostbusters Peter Venkman level pack
Jurassic World team pack
Joker and Harley Quinn team pack
Ninjago Cole and Kai team pack
Scooby Doo team pack
Wonder Woman
Cyborg
Jay
Krusty
Doc Brown
Stay Puft
Bane
Slimer
Lloyd
Bane
Aquaman
Superman

I would like all of these.  Don't need any boxes.  Just need the bags and instructions.  I have nothing to trade.  PM any offers.    :)

Back to The Future level pack
Doctor Who level pack
Midway Arcade level pack
Ghostbusters Peter Venkman level pack
Jurassic World team pack
Joker and Harley Quinn team pack
Ninjago Cole and Kai team pack
Scooby Doo team pack
Wonder Woman
Cyborg
Benny
Jay
Krusty
Doc Brown
Stay Puft
Bane
Slimer
Lloyd
Bane
Aquaman
Superman

I would like all of these. Don't need any boxes. Just need the bags and instructions. I have nothing to trade. PM any offers. :)
They are all half off at Gamestop Right now.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-lego+dimensions,28zu0&amp&affID=77777&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-NMsptSBSaezH7Q_cWEjXiQ

I am trying to figure out when it ends though

Don't they include instructions to build both the mini figs (even though that should be simple) and whatever they come with that can change into one of three things?  I'm new to Lego Dimensions.

Not quite half off, but some are in the sub $5 range (none not at $.99 cent stores) and this might be the cheapest you'll find Knight Rider for a while.

Still no mention of Year 2 sets actually found at $.99 cent stores, other than the Slickdeals post. Seriously doubting the truth of that. Please, somebody prove me wrong!

Can someone help me? I just picked up the starter set over the holidays and now I'm looking to get another set or two to add more game content. Best Buy has the story packs (Lego Batman Movie, Ghostbusters movie and Fantastic Beasts movie) on sale for $23.13 each after GCU discount. Is this a good price for story packs? I know the fun packs and level packs can be had for much cheaper. Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can someone help me? I just picked up the starter set over the holidays and now I'm looking to get another set or two to add more game content. Best Buy has the story packs (Lego Batman Movie, Ghostbusters movie and Fantastic Beasts movie) on sale for $23.13 each after GCU discount. Is this a good price for story packs? I know the fun packs and level packs can be had for much cheaper. Any thought would be appreciated. Thanks!
Yeah it's pretty good for the story packs. Fantastic beasts and Ghostbusters have been as low as $19.99 once. Whether that's enough of a difference to wait for again is up to you, but if you want the story packs, the current $23 is good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Stopped at family Dollar and they do have some for $5. Just had China and ninjago but they did have Jay (blue ninja) which I don't have yet so I was able to pick that up.
Were they just the fun packs and do you remember which ones? I'm debating finishing up my Ninjago set (need the Team pack, blue and gold) and may ebay them, but at $5 and local I might just go grab them.

Were they just the fun packs and do you remember which ones? I'm debating finishing up my Ninjago set (need the Team pack, blue and gold) and may ebay them, but at $5 and local I might just go grab them.
Chima- bird, croc and the lion (sorry don't know the names). Ninjago - blue, silver and gold ninjas.

Lego dimensions starting at $2 at Hollar.com Free shipping after $10 purchase for new customers. Returning customers get free shipping after $20 purchase

https://www.hollar.com/t/gifts/building-sets?htm_content=gifts%2Fbuilding-sets&htm_position=0&htm_source=hpcarousel
Seems to be a limit of 3, so you'll need some fillers to get to $10 for free shipping.

They have some Funko Pop Figures for $1 - $5 that maybe can be used as fillers.

$2 credit for new sign-ups with this link -> https://www.hollar.com/share/2xyj49l5

So over the weekend there was a SoCal retro game show and I saw this jerk trying to rip people off with selling the 99¢ store lego dimensions sets for $5 to $10 dollars. He had at least 6-8 cases of each one. This is why no one can find them in there local stores and why the 99¢ store is limiting sales to 9 per person. The good news is that he didn't sell hardly any of them.
[attachment=25412:IMG_0001.JPG]

Not quite half off, but some are in the sub $5 range (none not at $.99 cent stores) and this might be the cheapest you'll find Knight Rider for a while.

Still no mention of Year 2 sets actually found at $.99 cent stores, other than the Slickdeals post. Seriously doubting the truth of that. Please, somebody prove me wrong!
Yea, to bad they won't let you reserve it in store for that price

They literally told me if the price goes up before release or pick up, you have to pay that price......

I am using store credit, so the website's store pickup won't work either...

Why can’t I use my GameStop gift/Trade card for this order?
GameStop gift/Trade card redemption is not available for online orders containing in-store pick-up products. You may use your GameStop gift/Trade card for payment when you pick your order up at the store. To redeem a GameStop gift/Trade card or gift certificate, remove the in-store pick-up products from your cart and place a separate order.

Thanks for posting the Hollar link!  Unfortunately, there's only two sets I'm interested on the site that are in stock.  

Like BossVersion1, I'd be interesting in buying sets that aren't ninjago/chima, no boxes necessary to save on shipping.  Man I wish there were 99cent stores in the Midwest!

Mostly sold out already. Limit of 2 sets per order: not two of the same sets, 2 sets total. Worthless piece of crap deal.
That sucks. It used to be 3 total for any Dimensions sets.

I think some sets might have come back in stock. Check again.

Ah I thought it was odd that they both had the license for it at the same time, but stranger things have happened haha.

I was hoping for a full Lego tmnt game. And adventure time. Both universes are pretty big. I guess adventure time got all its gonna get but I keep hoping for my Turtles.
Mega Bloks has the Nickelodeon license still as far as I know. Both LEGO and Play Mobile have the Ghostbuster one so sometimes they share.

One of my 99 Cents Only stores restocked....mountains of Portal Level packs and Scooby Team packs... :cry:
Hi there my friend.... :) I'm trying to get two Portal sets, JW, Midway, Homer Level Pack and Scooby.

So over the weekend there was a SoCal retro game show and I saw this jerk trying to rip people off with selling the 99¢ store lego dimensions sets for $5 to $10 dollars. He had at least 6-8 cases of each one. This is why no one can find them in there local stores and why the 99¢ store is limiting sales to 9 per person. The good news is that he didn't sell hardly any of them.
attachicon.gif
IMG_0001.JPG
How is buying something for x and selling for y ripping someone off? You realize retailers do the same thing, right?

Not everyone can or wants to drive around to a dozen 99 cent stores to try and find these.

How is buying something for x and selling for y ripping someone off? You realize retailers do the same thing, right?

Not everyone can or wants to drive around to a dozen 99 cent stores to try and find these.
Yeah, he's not a retail store; he's just a douchebag buying up a bunch of crap that he can resell to the uninformed for a ridiculous profit. People like this make it harder for people like us (regular CAGs) to score deals. Don't whitewash or condone this kind of dickish behavior.

Yeah, he's not a retail store; he's just a douchebag buying up a bunch of crap that he can resell to the uninformed for a ridiculous profit. People like this make it harder for people like us (regular CAGs) to score deals. Don't whitewash or condone this kind of dickish behavior.
Thank you, I also hate scalpers. Sorry but I'd rather help out people here then try and "make profit".

Thank you, I also hate scalpers. Sorry but I'd rather help out people here then try and "make profit".
Yeah I might buy 2-3 of one if it's a good deal, have an extra for trade and one for parts. But I'm not looking to make a 1000% profile on a case of them. Unless it's Cybermen, I want an army.

I think its kinda funny.. Lego sells these for $11 bucks and its ok... Best Buy has a sale for $7.50 its great... 5 below has them for $5 its fantastic. Joe Schmo sells them at a swap meet for $5 its wrong he's a douchebag. Each one of these groups are making a profit (even the 99 cent stores). Best Buy still has them at retail does that make them wrong? He's doing some uniformed a favor and saving them money. Same with the low ebay listings. These arent that hard to find with a little effort. Please dont act like these are NES Classics cause they arent even in the same boat.

And for the record I would consider scalping selling above retail which this is not.

I think its kinda funny.. Lego sells these for $11 bucks and its ok... Best Buy has a sale for $7.50 its great... 5 below has them for $5 its fantastic. Joe Schmo sells them at a swap meet for $5 its wrong he's a douchebag. Each one of these groups are making a profit (even the 99 cent stores). Best Buy still has them at retail does that make them wrong? He's doing some uniformed a favor and saving them money. Same with the low ebay listings. These arent that hard to find with a little effort. Please dont act like these are NES Classics cause they arent even in the same boat.
I'll sum it up this way. My brother had to go to Arizona for work over the weekend and he got to a 99¢ store just as they were putting out their lego dimensions shipment and he saw a guy grabs the whole case of Doctor Who leaving none for anyone else. There were two kids that went up to him and asked if the could have at least one and of course the guy said no. This is why I posted that picture of the scalper. Sure you have the right to do it but Joe Blow doesn't have the overhead cost of running a retail store. How much do you really think that Best Buy is really making per figure if you add up all of the cost to sell it. I'm guessing if their making 5-10% if their lucky. So please explain to me how this guy was doing anyone a favor by not letting some kids have 1 freaking Doctor Who.

I'll sum it up this way. My brother had to go to Arizona for work over the weekend and he got to a 99¢ store just as they were putting out their lego dimensions shipment and he saw a guy grabs the whole case of Doctor Who leaving none for anyone else. There were two kids that went up to him and asked if the could have at least one and of course the guy said no. This is why I posted that picture of the scalper. Sure you have the right to do it but Joe Blow doesn't have the overhead cost of running a retail store. How much do you really think that Best Buy is really making per figure if you add up all of the cost to sell it. I'm guessing if their making 5-10% if their lucky. So please explain to me how this guy was doing anyone a favor by not letting some kids have 1 freaking Doctor Who.
If you mean off of the sale price I would still assume Best Buy is making more than 5-10%. Most retailers get at least a 50% mark up on merchandise. Of course overhead etc counts against your profits, but these are cheaper items that take up a small percentage of the store and likely only get a small portion of those costs allocated to them. I agree though joe Schmo has none of those unless he also owns an establishment which he sells at. Bestbuy could also sell purely online (pretty much what Amazon does) if they wanted to so there are a lot of things to consider when looking at scalping etc. Joe Schmo does have to incur gas and think of what his time is worth etc.

Overall,

Let's love one another and buy legos as cheap as we can.

And for the record I would consider scalping selling above retail which this is not.
I don't think selling them for a little profit to uninformed is really the problem, the problem lies in the guys that go and clean out the discount stores making it hard for informed people to get them.

If you mean off of the sale price I would still assume Best Buy is making more than 5-10%. Most retailers get at least a 50% mark up on merchandise. Of course overhead etc counts against your profits, but these are cheaper items that take up a small percentage of the store and likely only get a small portion of those costs allocated to them. I agree though joe Schmo has none of those unless he also owns an establishment which he sells at. Bestbuy could also sell purely online (pretty much what Amazon does) if they wanted to so there are a lot of things to consider when looking at scalping etc. Joe Schmo does have to incur gas and think of what his time is worth etc.

Overall,

Let's love one another and buy legos as cheap as we can.
A 50% markup pretty much doesn't exist in the videogame department at Best Buy except for store brand products (Insignia/Rocketfish). Lego Dimensions is closer to a 25% markup.

Dollar Tree was a bust in my area. I've checked two and nothing. I'll try Big Lots and Family Dollar then this coming up Saturday and report if I see anything as well.
They haven't made it to Dollar Tree or Big Lots yet unfortunately :c

bread's done
Back