Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't argue with the cross license fun that comes from dimensions. I will argue with the fact that the knight rider Michael Knight character is voiced by someone who doesn't sound even remotely like the Hoff. Kitt sounds pretty good.
Same with Mr. T. What a hiddeous voice actor! It seems like they just said, "throw any black guy in there. They all sound the same."

Same with Mr. T. What a hiddeous voice actor! It seems like they just said, "throw any black guy in there. They all sound the same."
And yet something tells me you could get him and the Hoff to record a few hours of voice lines for $15 and a coupon for Burget King....

I was just able to grab a sealed Green Arrow from GS today and would be more than happy to trade him for $1 store sets unless notman has everyone covered. I might even be able to head back later today and try to score a couple more and may even be down to trade my opened one.  On principle alone I refuse to sell it for the ridiculous eBay prices.  Much better to have CAGs hook each other up.

I was just able to grab a sealed Green Arrow from GS today and would be more than happy to trade him for $1 store sets unless notman has everyone covered. I might even be able to head back later today and try to score a couple more and may even be down to trade my opened one. On principle alone I refuse to sell it for the ridiculous eBay prices. Much better to have CAGs hook each other up.
PM sent

How many hours does the Lego Batman story pack take to complete? On the fence about getting this for my daughter.
I dunno. I feel like I've played all weekend and not made a dent. BUT I've been completing Gotham ever since they dropped me outside of Arkham. So.... ~ 7 hrs so far.

Jealous of the $1 people. I can't seem to find any for less than $5 on the EC. And EBay jacks up prices.

I just watched some data dump video from the last Dimensions update and it looks like they know who's going to be in the Teen Titans pack and that there's a Lord Vortech figure/fun pack coming. Since we haven't heard anything about it, my guess is that it'll be another polybag exclusive...

Yeah, Kudos to that guy -- trading a team pack plus two fun packs for a Green Arrow, is pretty fair on both sides. I'd do that too, but I haven't been keeping up with the lists of what popped up at the .99 stores

I was just able to grab a sealed Green Arrow from GS today and would be more than happy to trade him for $1 store sets unless notman has everyone covered. I might even be able to head back later today and try to score a couple more and may even be down to trade my opened one. On principle alone I refuse to sell it for the ridiculous eBay prices. Much better to have CAGs hook each other up.
Is it just a matter of going in and asking if they have any leftover Green Arrows? I need one, but if I could find others I'd be willing to help the community out.

Is it just a matter of going in and asking if they have any leftover Green Arrows? I need one, but if I could find others I'd be willing to help the community out.
I made a point of buying something. I'm of the opinion that if you prove yourself to be a customer and are cool to the reps, good things happen. Case in point, I was able to score 3 more GA's by picking up a fun pack on sale that won't be hitting the dollar stores.

When I went up, I asked if they had any. First store gave me one. Second store was out, so I put the pack back, went back to the first store and picked up another fun pack and the same lady gave me 3 more.

2 of the sealed GA's are spoken for and I've got 2 PM's to reply to before making the other 2 I got available. If they're still available after talking to those folks, I'll post a want list or asking price (since I'm quickly clearing my dollar store wishlist).

If a ton of people need these, I think that shop has more. I might need to buy something that actually helps their numbers like a Power Up membership and a couple pre-orders, but that might unlock the motherload.

notman and I started a conversation about a possible trade or transaction, but he/she has stopped replying--anyone else getting the cold shoulder from this user?

notman and I started a conversation about a possible trade or transaction, but he/she has stopped replying--anyone else getting the cold shoulder from this user?
I haven't heard anything since yesterday morning either. Probably just hasn't logged in. I'm in New England and lucky to just have internet/power, maybe they're in the same boat :)

I "He" just did a count and I have about Green Arrow sets. I will respond to everyone's messages. No cold shoulders here as I live in Texas Thanks!

I "He" just did a count and I have about Green Arrow sets. I will respond to everyone's messages. No cold shoulders here as I live in Texas Thanks!

And yet something tells me you could get him and the Hoff to record a few hours of voice lines for $15 and a coupon for Burget King....
Don't understand why they couldn't use archive audio. Yeah, we'd lose lines like Mr. T's line to Sonic about digging his gold rings, but neither had specialized roles requiring custom dialogue like Gandalf (for whom they found a stand-in so good, I initially thought it was McKellan himself). Then again, I still don't know how Disney got Harrison Ford to reprise Han Solo in Episode 7, yet couldn't get Bily Dee Williams to reprise Lando, even though he had already done so for the animated TV show Star Wars Rebels.

I made a point of buying something. I'm of the opinion that if you prove yourself to be a customer and are cool to the reps, good things happen. Case in point, I was able to score 3 more GA's by picking up a fun pack on sale that won't be hitting the dollar stores.

When I went up, I asked if they had any. First store gave me one. Second store was out, so I put the pack back, went back to the first store and picked up another fun pack and the same lady gave me 3 more.

2 of the sealed GA's are spoken for and I've got 2 PM's to reply to before making the other 2 I got available. If they're still available after talking to those folks, I'll post a want list or asking price (since I'm quickly clearing my dollar store wishlist).

If a ton of people need these, I think that shop has more. I might need to buy something that actually helps their numbers like a Power Up membership and a couple pre-orders, but that might unlock the motherload.
When did GS start giving these out again? This would have been nice to know when they had their 40% off sale.

Don't understand why they couldn't use archive audio. Yeah, we'd lose lines like Mr. T's line to Sonic about digging his gold rings, but neither had specialized roles requiring custom dialogue like Gandalf (for whom they found a stand-in so good, I initially thought it was McKellan himself). Then again, I still don't know how Disney got Harrison Ford to reprise Han Solo in Episode 7, yet couldn't get Bily Dee Williams to reprise Lando, even though he had already done so for the animated TV show Star Wars Rebels.
I'm convinced that the only way they got Harrison on board was to finally kill off Han Solo. He's been wanting that to happen since the OT days.

I'm working through my inbox in order received to see if deals can be made. If/when my last two are gone, I'll let everyone know. In the meantime, my feelings aren't hurt in the slightest if you work something out with notman. Heck, I feel like I'm horning in on his/her territory.

Well I appreciate ya'll.  My Gamestop had one for me.  Very cool about it.  I mentioned that not only had I been there BF (because of my Pops!) but I just bought all the ones (like Kitt) that came out last week.  So they gave me one.  I'd never have known otherwise.  Now if only to find my way to a 99c only store.  5 and Below has them here for 5 a piece.. which is just slightly better than Ebay but 5x the price of the 99c store.

Thanks for this, by the way! I read this earlier and hit up a Gamestop on the way home from work. I talked to the assistant manager working, told her I was just getting into Dimensions and was looking for the limited Green Arrow GS had. She told me I could have one no problem, but to my dismay, the last couple they had left had been handed out in the last week - so I struck out. Glad I tried though because she was definitely on board.

I'll have to see if I can score one from someone here!

I'm working through my inbox in order received to see if deals can be made. If/when my last two are gone, I'll let everyone know. In the meantime, my feelings aren't hurt in the slightest if you work something out with notman. Heck, I feel like I'm horning in on his/her territory.
Trying to work something out with notman has been an exercise in patience: on Sunday he/she asked for a trade list, which I provided right away; but then a day went by and I had to post in the thread to get him/her to respond to my PM's. Then, the response I did get back offered no comment on the list I provided, and he/she said they just wanted $20 for the set. Once again, I responded almost immediately to ask how I should issue payment, as well as for some type of proof that he/she actually had the Green Arrow sets; and, again, no response, despite him/he being active on CAG. In short: the transaction--if you can even call it that--has been moving at a snail's pace. Anyone else having a similar experience, or am I just an outlier?

I have every Dimensions set EXCEPT Green Arrow, Super Girl, and the recalled Marceline, so I'd love to get a Green Arrow for my collection. Guess I'll have to go the route of calling my local GameStop stores, which means *shudder* I might even have to make a purchase in one of them.

Has anyone bought the new Batman or Knight Rider fun packs? I find it interesting that they are back up to $15 on LEGO.com.

Has anyone bought the new Batman or Knight Rider fun packs? I find it interesting that they are back up to $15 on LEGO.com.
Batman is the only person (along with Finn) to have the sword and it comes up a couple of times in the Lego Batman game. I was tickled by Michael/Kitt but not nearly as much. Haven't played the levels yet. (I also only paid 7 (Kitt Gamestop sale last week) and 11 (Target) for these 2 packs) Interesting they are on the website as they are Gamestop/Target exclusives.

I had no idea about most of the Billy Dee Williams stuff and find it super interesting. I remember all the animated stuff he's done and would have assumed he would have jumped at being in the latest movies.

As far as archive audio I agree it's way underused in most cases and I would have preferred seeing a lot more of that thrown in than the few custom lines that characters share back and forth (though those are great).

Finally, I always think it's worth a mention that Lego Force Awakens had every major character reprise roles with tons of new VO, tons of amazing side content (haven't even finished all of it) and afaik is the most well done licensed lego game ever.

Batman is the only person (along with Finn) to have the sword and it comes up a couple of times in the Lego Batman game. I was tickled by Michael/Kitt but not nearly as much. Haven't played the levels yet. (I also only paid 7 (Kitt Gamestop sale last week) and 11 (Target) for these 2 packs) Interesting they are on the website as they are Gamestop/Target exclusives.
I find it interesting that half of the sets are 99 cents out west, but LEGO thought it was a good idea to raise the MSRP from $12 back up to $15. Target still has the fun packs for the lowered MSRP of $12. I'm just wondering if the $15 at Lego.com is a mistake or if all Fun Packs will be going back up in price.

I grabbed Knight Rider at GameStop *shudder* when it was $7.99, and I jumped on The LEGO Batman Movie set when Best Buy had it for $28.99 ($23.xx after GCU).

My thoughts on the Knight Rider set: the Kitt build doesn't look much like the original Pontiac Banshee that was in the TV 80's show; the VO's are mediocre; and I haven't tried the Knight Rider Adventure World yet.

My thoughts on The LEGO Batman Movie set: barely any pieces to the portal build, though it does look neat when it's put together; the Batgirl and Robin minifigs are great and have lots of dialog, and Rosario Dawson actually does the original voicework for Batgirl (she's also one of the main characters in Dishonored 2--is she the female Nolan North now?); the Bat Jet is on par with the other vehicles; and the campaign--which is essentially an abridged version of the film's story--can last around 4 hours if you're trying to collect all the minifigs. In enjoyed playing through this expansion, though it'd be tough to recommend at the $50 MSRP.

I grabbed Knight Rider at GameStop *shudder* when it was $7.99, and I jumped on The LEGO Batman Movie set when Best Buy had it for $28.99 ($23.xx after GCU).

My thoughts on the Knight Rider set: the Kitt build doesn't look much like the original Pontiac Banshee that was in the TV 80's show; the VO's are mediocre; and I haven't tried the Knight Rider Adventure World yet.

My thoughts on The LEGO Batman Movie set: barely any pieces to the portal build, though it does look neat when it's put together; the Batgirl and Robin minifigs are great and have lots of dialog, and Rosario Dawson actually does the original voicework for Batgirl (she's also one of the main characters in Dishonored 2--is she the female Nolan North now?); the Bat Jet is on par with the other vehicles; and the campaign--which is essentially an abridged version of the film's story--can last around 4 hours if you're trying to collect all the minifigs. In enjoyed playing through this expansion, though it'd be tough to recommend at the $50 MSRP.
I paid about $27 for it. worth it at that price or did I spend too much? (haven't played it yet)

I had no idea about most of the Billy Dee Williams stuff and find it super interesting. I remember all the animated stuff he's done and would have assumed he would have jumped at being in the latest movies.

As far as archive audio I agree it's way underused in most cases and I would have preferred seeing a lot more of that thrown in than the few custom lines that characters share back and forth (though those are great).

Finally, I always think it's worth a mention that Lego Force Awakens had every major character reprise roles with tons of new VO, tons of amazing side content (haven't even finished all of it) and afaik is the most well done licensed lego game ever.
Which is probably why it sold out while I had it in my cart when it was on sale for probably the last time ever at BB. This is also one of the few games that is worth owning the Collector's version of because of all the in-game content.

I find it interesting that half of the sets are 99 cents out west, but LEGO thought it was a good idea to raise the MSRP from $12 back up to $15. Target still has the fun packs for the lowered MSRP of $12. I'm just wondering if the $15 at Lego.com is a mistake or if all Fun Packs will be going back up in price.
Buying from the official company site is almost always more expensive. I hope they didn't all go up in price - I didn't buy KR from GS because I thought it would eventually be cheaper at some point, and as Michael had no new abilities and I have more than enough figures as it is.

Looks like Hello Subscription has leaked the Dimensions item included in the Lootcrate this month...

Fun Pack of Benny, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Unikitty, or Bad Cop

Buying from the official company site is almost always more expensive. I hope they didn't all go up in price - I didn't buy KR from GS because I thought it would eventually be cheaper at some point, and as Michael had no new abilities and I have more than enough figures as it is.
I know LEGO.com will have full price when everyone else is 50% off. However all the other fun packs are still listed as $12 yet the two new ones are $15. I just found that interesting.

Looks like Hello Subscription has leaked the Dimensions item included in the Lootcrate this month...

Fun Pack of Benny, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Unikitty, or Bad Cop
Pretty disappointing.

http://www.brickstolife.com/spoiler-lootcrate-lego-dimensions-item-revealed/

Also, I was at Walmart looking through their crappy "clearance" aisle and came across some LEGO Dimensions sets. What a joke.

clearance1.jpg

clearance2.jpg

I paid about $27 for it. worth it at that price or did I spend too much? (haven't played it yet)
Really depends on how much you love the Dimensions series: if you're not married to it, then there's lots more "bang for your buck" gaming purchases you could make. However, a new portal build + 2 decent minifigs + a vehicle build + a 4-hour campaign + an entirely new Adventure World for $27 seems like a decent price for all that LEGO goodness.

Trying to work something out with notman has been an exercise in patience: on Sunday he/she asked for a trade list, which I provided right away; but then a day went by and I had to post in the thread to get him/her to respond to my PM's. Then, the response I did get back offered no comment on the list I provided, and he/she said they just wanted $20 for the set. Once again, I responded almost immediately to ask how I should issue payment, as well as for some type of proof that he/she actually had the Green Arrow sets; and, again, no response, despite him/he being active on CAG. In short: the transaction--if you can even call it that--has been moving at a snail's pace. Anyone else having a similar experience, or am I just an outlier?
He got back to me this morning but $20 is a little rich for my blood for something gotten free.

I was in the same boat - I was thinking it would be less than eBay pricing so I was going to jump on one.  For $20 I can just wait, see if they get reissued somehow and if they don't I'll just grab one online at some point, no rush.  My stores said they didn't even have enough when they came out, so no extras in my neck of the woods.  

Wasn't the original Kitt just a firebird? I think Banshee was later.

All of my Green Arrows are officially spoken for in some capacity and are in the process of getting shipped out.

Judging by the number of PMs I got, I'm going to try and get some more this weekend. If I'm able to, I'll post here how many I've got and what I'm looking for. At that point, it'll be first come first served until they're gone. Please don't PM me before I post as my Inbox is already mostly crippled from the past few days.

bread's done
Back