Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
I had no idea about most of the Billy Dee Williams stuff and find it super interesting. I remember all the animated stuff he's done and would have assumed he would have jumped at being in the latest movies.

As far as archive audio I agree it's way underused in most cases and I would have preferred seeing a lot more of that thrown in than the few custom lines that characters share back and forth (though those are great).

Finally, I always think it's worth a mention that Lego Force Awakens had every major character reprise roles with tons of new VO, tons of amazing side content (haven't even finished all of it) and afaik is the most well done licensed lego game ever.
More Lego voice acting blunders: Ralph Fiennes does the voice of Alfred in the new movie, but they got a different voice actor to play Voldemort!

More Lego voice acting blunders: Ralph Fiennes does the voice of Alfred in the new movie, but they got a different voice actor to play Voldemort!
Not a blunder. I had this exact discussion walking out of the movie theater. Depending on CONTRACT terms, he may not have been allowed to be used as the voice on the character. Huh, from an interview it was on purpose.

Speaking of Voldemort, any Harry Potter fan worth their salt knows that Ralph Fiennes played the iconic baddie in the film franchise, and also provides the voice of Alfred in Lego Batman. Was there any consideration about having Fiennes tackle both roles at once, as a bonus for fans?

"I really wanted to. I was like, 'Can't we just have him do both? Wouldn't that be fun?'" McKay admits, revealing that he ultimately backed off from the idea because he couldn't fit in a meeting between Fiennes' two characters amidst the chaos of the final act. Instead, British comedian Eddie Izzard voiced He Who Must Not Be Named, leaving Fiennes free to dedicate himself to his butler duties.

"I knew ultimately, that if I didn't have Alfred and Voldemort square off or something like that... If you're going to do that, then what are you going to do with it?" McKay says. "I was already very conscious of, 'Oh, Riddler's only going to be in the movie for two seconds, Catwoman's only going to be in the movie for two seconds' — characters that people want to see and have us do something with. So to try and bring in some of this other stuff and fit it in, just felt like even if I did it, it was going to get cut.

I'm not sure what to say.

One can be fully informed of the topic at hand and still have a negative opinion of a particular option. Negativity != ignorance.
Sure they can, but I don't buy for a second that is the case in this particular case. One thing is for sure, you certainly wouldn't be able to argue that he was fully informed based off that post. He gave no other reason for it being crap that its size. Let me repeat if for you:

Those lighted cases are crap! Each one holds about the contents of a Fun Pack!
Now had he just said something along the lines that he felt those storage cubes were too expensive given how much they held, I wouldn't have said a thing, but to claim those cubes are crap because they don't hold as much as he thinks they should is laughable. I have seen and held those cubes in my own hands and I can tell you first hand they are definitely NOT crap. They are very well made, exactly what one would expect from a company like Lego. As I stated in my original post, those cases were clearly NOT made for people like him and this is yet another area where his ignorance shines through, at least based on what he wrote, as there are a LOT of collectors who spend a LOT of money on display solutions for thier collections, something he appears to be completely oblivious too. Again, those are the collectors those cubes are aimed at and its very easy to recognize that fact.

The funny thing is, had these cubes been made bigger, to accomodate a size Saphoon felt appropriate, it only would have driven up the cost. Then he would still be arguing they were crap only this time the reason would be solely due to the cost being too high and high cost does not make something crap. In fact, most things that cost a lot of money are usually higher in quality than those that cost less.

Lego collectors in particular are some of the more crazy collectors when it comes to display solutions. Just Google "Amazing Lego character displays" and see some of the results. And again, Lego also offers MUCH cheaper options for people like him, who are only looking to store thier Lego Dimensions as cheaply as possible and aren't worried about displaying them. Your welcome to disagree with me all you want. When I look at that post, it just reeks of judgmental Ignorance on a topic he clearly doesn't fully comprehend. That topic being that displaying collectibles is just as important to some collectors as the collectibles themselves and such people can and do spend a LOT of money on such display solutions.

Honestly, those Lego cubes are actually pretty cheap once you factor in the lighting. Any other display solution a Lego collector could come up with, one that actually individually lit each of the Lego characters in the display, would wind up costing a significant amount of money. And it likely wouldn't look nearly as nice as Lego's cubes. Not to mention the fact that my post included a blue version of the cubes that was actually 50% off or just $12.49 apiece.

Sure they can, but I don't buy for a second that is the case in this particular case. One thing is for sure, you certainly wouldn't be able to argue that he was fully informed based off that post. He gave no other reason for it being crap that its size. Let me repeat if for you:

Now had he just said something along the lines that he felt those storage cubes were too expensive given how much they held, I wouldn't have said a thing, but to claim those cubes are crap because they don't hold as much as he thinks they should is laughable. I have seen and held those cubes in my own hands and I can tell you first hand they are definitely NOT crap. They are very well made, exactly what one would expect from a company like Lego. As I stated in my original post, those cases were clearly NOT made for people like him and this is yet another area where his ignorance shines through, at least based on what he wrote, as there are a LOT of collectors who spend a LOT of money on display solutions for thier collections, something he appears to be completely oblivious too. Again, those are the collectors those cubes are aimed at and its very easy to recognize that fact.

The funny thing is, had these cubes been made bigger, to accomodate a size Saphoon felt appropriate, it only would have driven up the cost. Then he would still be arguing they were crap only this time the reason would be solely due to the cost being too high and high cost does not make something crap. In fact, most things that cost a lot of money are usually higher in quality than those that cost less.

Lego collectors in particular are some of the more crazy collectors when it comes to display solutions. Just Google "Amazing Lego character displays" and see some of the results. And again, Lego also offers MUCH cheaper options for people like him, who are only looking to store thier Lego Dimensions as cheaply as possible and aren't worried about displaying them. Your welcome to disagree with me all you want. When I look at that post, it just reeks of judgmental Ignorance on a topic he clearly doesn't fully comprehend. That topic being that displaying collectibles is just as important to some collectors as the collectibles themselves and such people can and do spend a LOT of money on such display solutions.

Honestly, those Lego cubes are actually pretty cheap once you factor in the lighting. Any other display solution a Lego collector could come up with, one that actually individually lit each of the Lego characters in the display, would wind up costing a significant amount of money. And it likely wouldn't look nearly as nice as Lego's cubes. Not to mention the fact that my post included a blue version of the cubes that was actually 50% off or just $12.49 apiece.
Keep it up. I'm sure there are at least a couple people who haven't put you on their ignore list yet.

Have a Rez Infinite code I'm willing to trade.

Need Jurassic World, Doctor Who, Scooby Doo, Jay, Laval, and any of the sets that haven't appeared at 99 Cents Only Stores besides Wonder Woman, Doc Brown, Supergirl, and Green Arrow.

PM me your offers. Code is worth $30 and perfect for PSVR.

Thanks for the Green Arrow tip! I hit 3 stores who did look but were all out before I hit one that halfway through asking reached in a drawer and handed me one! May try and go back when another employee is working to see if there are more and pick up the KR set since all the sets still have stickers saying on sale!

Any Canadian gamers here? I saw someone post HMV has 3 for $2 legos in store. I'd love if someone could get me some. I'd pay for  cost + your time and shipping.

Trying to find someone to help me out - I am in Florida and just getting started with Dimensions. Anyone in California who can help me with getting some of the Fun Packs from the 99 Cent Store they seem to prevalent at out there? Willing to compensate cost, shipping, fuel and time.

Ok I realize I may be asking for it here BUT... I managed to score 1 extra Green Arrow today and it was the last they had. Still sealed in the poly bag. Unfortunately the only things I am looking for at this point are Midway Acrade & Ghostbusters Level Packs or Knight Rider Fun Pack short of Story Packs but would entertain lists or offers. Not looking to be ridiculous either since I could go to ebay and do that if I really wanted.

[attachment=25523:20170215_205037.jpg]

Ok I realize I may be asking for it here BUT... I managed to score 1 extra Green Arrow today and it was the last they had. Still sealed in the poly bag. Unfortunately the only things I am looking for at this point are Midway Acrade & Ghostbusters Level Packs or Knight Rider Fun Pack short of Story Packs but would entertain lists or offers. Not looking to be ridiculous either since I could go to ebay and do that if I really wanted.
Good looking out for fellow CAGs! Also RIP your inbox.

Anybody willing to do $8 shipped for a Dr. Who set? Can send loose to save on shipping its the last of the $0.99 store ones we want and need.

Thanks

I've been lurking on this thread for a while, this is my first post on CAG, so please anyone let me know if I break any rules.

To business:

I am interested in buying some sets found at the 99 Cents Only stores. I'm on the East Coast, so I know shipping will be slightly prohibitive, but if I buy a couple of sets and don't mind them being loose, what kind of costs might that incur?

Thanks!

I've been lurking on this thread for a while, this is my first post on CAG, so please anyone let me know if I break any rules.

To business:

I am interested in buying some sets found at the 99 Cents Only stores. I'm on the East Coast, so I know shipping will be slightly prohibitive, but if I buy a couple of sets and don't mind them being loose, what kind of costs might that incur?

Thanks!
I believe my Simpsons level pack cost the shipper around $3.50. $2.60 is the minimum amount the post office will charge, so I think $3.00-$3.50 for one, and about $.99 per additional item is a good estimate. However, there are a lot of others who have much more experience with mailing these than me who can give you dead on quotes.

[SIZE=11pt]Looking to trade for a sealed Green Arrow poly-bag.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I have the following items available:[/SIZE]

Portal 2 Level Pack #71203

Doctor Who Level Pack #71204

Back To The Future Level Pack #71201

Ninjago Team Pack #71207

Jurassic World Team Pack #71205

Sensei Wu Fun Pack #71234

Eris Fun Pack #71232

Cragger Fun Pack #71223

Wicked Witch Fun Pack #71221

Gimli Fun Pack #71220

Legolas Fun Pack #71219

Gollum Fun Pack #71218

Zane Fun Pack #71217

Bad Cop #71213

Bart Simpson Fun Pack #71211

Emmet Fun Pack #71212

The Simpsons Level Pack #71202

I had no idea about most of the Billy Dee Williams stuff and find it super interesting. I remember all the animated stuff he's done and would have assumed he would have jumped at being in the latest movies.
I can break this down for you easily enough. Billy Dee Williams isn't young anymore. He most likely doesn't look like the lean, sexy man he was in his youth. And he has most likely decided that he doesn't want to do live-action roles. That's his choice. He probably doesn't mind doing animated roles because they don't require him to be in front of a camera, and he does have a very pleasant voice. I really enjoyed the in-joke of hearing him play two-face in the Lego Batman Movie. That was a nice nod.

Huge thanks to ssjr760 who sold me the three Chimas and a Ninjago.  I wasn't planning on getting the Chima sets but for the price just couldn't resist and now I only need Lloyd to finish my Ninjago set.

They're odd though - it's sort of like someone in Chima cosplay - they have heads that look like animals and then you put big mask like heads on top of those heads.  It's like if you took the costume off the Chicago Bulls bull and found an actual bull was wearing it.

We haven't seen any DC characters hit the bargain stores yet have we - aside from Wonder Woman at Five Below? 

I can break this down for you easily enough. Billy Dee Williams isn't young anymore. He most likely doesn't look like the lean, sexy man he was in his youth. And he has most likely decided that he doesn't want to do live-action roles. That's his choice. He probably doesn't mind doing animated roles because they don't require him to be in front of a camera, and he does have a very pleasant voice. I really enjoyed the in-joke of hearing him play two-face in the Lego Batman Movie. That was a nice nod.
Must have missed the joke. Can't remember hearing one.

Actually he just wasn't approached for Episode 7 - http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/lando-calrissian-actor-unsure-hell-star-wars-episode-8/

He isn't the lean sex symbol of his youth, but he still appears in things.  He was just in Dancing with the Stars a few seasons ago.  He didn't do great, but seemed to really enjoy his time doing it.    According to IMDB it looks like he's in the upcoming TV remake of Dirty Dancing as well.  It's entirely possible that they avoided him in the first movie because they just didn't want it to be all cameos and coincidental meetings.

He was in his early forties when Empire was filmed, and is now near 80. Of course he isn't going to look the same, but that could have been used in his favor. The theme of how time changes people, which provided one of the best Force Awakening scenes with the Han and Leia reunion, could have been explored even more thoroughly through a character whose lifestyle aging would have a further impact on. Maybe he could be lamenting his waning powers to attract women, like Jack Nicholson in Terms of Endearment, getting women by trading on his status as a hero, but finds new purpose with a new threat to the galaxy. Or, they could go in the other direction with him traveling further in the direction of the path of responsibility he was on, and at some point in the 30 year gap found a nice woman, settled down, and became a father (or grandfather), and now approaches this new threat from a different life situation. Wherever they decide to take the character, his finding out about Han's death could provide interesting fireworks, and if he's really that upset about his looks, they could always do like they did with Peter Cushing except instead of recreating young Lando, they could create an ideally aged version of himself.

He played harvey dent in the 1989 batman movie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Was also supposed to be in Batman Returns where he'd become Two-Face, but they replaced him with Walken's Max Schreck character, and apparently Joel Schumacher favored Tommy Lee Jones for the part in Batman Forever. However, in Batman the Animated Series, Harvey was an African American who bore a resemblance to Williams.

However, in Batman the Animated Series, Harvey was an African American who bore a resemblance to Williams.
Uh.

twoface02.jpg

He's been Caucasian in every major representation, except for the first Batman film (and Lego Batman.)

I just went down a major Google rabbit hole in search of black Harvey before you posted. Short version: not black.
The one from the original animated series could easily have been African American. But for grins, here's yet ANOTHER example.

3292438-5461120416-batma.jpg

For comparrison:

Disgruntled_Robin.jpg

Apprrently, this is a rehashed VERY old argument. Also, don't forget the Tangent universe. He was 100% African American :p

Yes, Billy Dee Williams selection as Harvey Dent in the 1989 Tim Burton Batman film was considered fairly progressive. It always irked me slightly that he never got a chance to play Two-Face. I honestly think he would have been a good fit for that role. Having him voice Two-Face in the Lego Batman movie was a subtle little nod to this discrepancy.

The Lego Batman Movie was filled with these little touches, innumerable subtle jabs and references to Batman's long history in pop culture. I'm going to have to go over it frame-by-frame when it comes out on home video just to catch everything.

Yes, Billy Dee Williams selection as Harvey Dent in the 1989 Tim Burton Batman film was considered fairly progressive. It always irked me slightly that he never got a chance to play Two-Face. I honestly think he would have been a good fit for that role. Having him voice Two-Face in the Lego Batman movie was a subtle little nod to this discrepancy.

The Lego Batman Movie was filled with these little touches, innumerable subtle jabs and references to Batman's long history in pop culture. I'm going to have to go over it frame-by-frame when it comes out on home video just to catch everything.
He'd of probably been a better Two-Face than Tommy Lee Jones, who looked like an idiot trying to out mug Jim Carrey. Williams would have likely played the role with his usual swagger, and made Carrey look like the scenery-chewing fool he was. However, like most every Joel Schumacher film, it still would have sucked, but less so.

I have extras of all of the sets released at the 99 Cents Only stores, except for Unikitty and the Scooby Doo Team pack.  My daughter and I just got into Lego Dimensions, so I'm looking to trade for any other sets.  I would prefer shipping the sets without boxes to save money, but arrangements can be made if you prefer they remain sealed in their original packaging.  PM me if interested.

I have extras of all of the sets released at the 99 Cents Only stores, except for Unikitty and the Scooby Doo Team pack. My daughter and I just got into Lego Dimensions, so I'm looking to trade for any other sets. I would prefer shipping the sets without boxes to save money, but arrangements can be made if you prefer they remain sealed in their original packaging. PM me if interested.
There's a separate thread for 99 cent store posts. Anyone interested in Dimensions reads both threads. No need to post the same thing twice.

I was able to pick up 5 more Green Arrows and clean out the GS by my house.  The kinda bad news is that I've picked up all of the dollar store sets I need as well as extras to put up at my desk.  I'm willing to look at trade lists, but I'm now looking to sell these for $13 Amazon shipped first class with DC in a bubble mailer (which is still significantly cheaper than eBay).

For those who I said I was going to sell for $12, I'm sorry.  These cost $2.67 just to ship.  I'm bumping the cost a dollar to offset the shipping/packing cost.

If anyone is stuck with any of the Ninjago or Chima sets I'm looking to buy. I don't need the Chima Cragger or the Ninjago Team Pack but everything else is fair game. If possible would like to buy as many as possible from the same person and sending out of the boxes is fine with me.

The one from the original animated series could easily have been African American. But for grins, here's yet ANOTHER example.

3292438-5461120416-batma.jpg

For comparrison:

Disgruntled_Robin.jpg

Apprrently, this is a rehashed VERY old argument. Also, don't forget the Tangent universe. He was 100% African American :p
Same skin tone as Bruce Wayne just different hair style. Yeah, he could be "light-skin-ded" or swirly, (southern) Italian/Greek/Spanish/Mediterranean or other "dark" white, maybe. Regardless, definitely originated from Africa if you go back far enough as did we all.

Let's just call him Sicilian, even though "Dent" is about as Italian as Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBxPFLq__g

Friendly GS guy just gave me the rest of their Green Arrow polybags as he was tired of looking at them.

Not looking to make any money off them but I also don't want to pay for shipping out six of these guys. PM me if you want one and want to trade something or pay for shipping.

I currently have all released Lego Dimensions sets, but am open to offers for just about anything else or again, just footing the shipping cost.

Preemptive RIP inbox.

EDIT:

6 Green Arrows claimed - 0 left

All of mine have been spoken for. Hopefully achilles can hook up whose who need them still. I might hit a couple more area stores and see what I can scrounge until every CAG has a GA.

I tried to score a Green Arrow or two in my area today with no luck. I checked 4 stores buying something small at each store to butter them up to no avail.

Dont know if anybody is still having trouble getting these, but as I said like 10 pages ago, I went after this just for the legos, and while I live on the other side of the country, was still able to get some without getting gouged by ebay, and I have a surplus of discs, if anybody wants just the discs, Im taking reasonable offers, PM if interested:

71203     Portal 2 Level Pack     
71202     The Simpsons Level Pack
71211     Bart Simpson Fun Pack     
71221     Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch
71238     Cyberman Fun Pack
71218     Gollum Fun Pack
71220     Gimli Fun Pack
71212     Emmet Fun Pack   
71213     Bad Cop Fun Pack     
71214     Benny Fun Pack     
71231     Unikitty Fun Pack
71217     Ninjago Zane
71234     Ninjago Sensei Wu
71215     Ninjago Jay Fun Pack
71232     Chima Eris Fun Pack
71223     Chima Fun Pack Cragger
71201     Back to the Future
71204     Doctor Who Level Pack     
71207     Lego Ninjago Team Pack
71256     Gremlins Team Pack
71230     Doc Brown Fun Pack

Loot Crate's Facebook page has been deleting the complaints about the Lego Dimensions item not being exclusive, despite the fact that the page for Loot Crate states under FEATURES that the items are "Licensed & Exclusive". This is my first time ordering with them and I'm definitely not going to order another one ever. I wish I had known beforehand that unboxing videos usually pop up before the ordering deadline.

Loot Crate's Facebook page has been deleting the complaints about the Lego Dimensions item not being exclusive, despite the fact that the page for Loot Crate states under FEATURES that the items are "Licensed & Exclusive". This is my first time ordering with them and I'm definitely not going to order another one ever. I wish I had known beforehand that unboxing videos usually pop up before the ordering deadline.
Same on all accounts. Major disappointment and I'm never buying into loot crate again. What a scam.

No offense but how could anyone think loot crate could pull that off? I can't think of any instance of lego providing that kind of exclusivity to a partner. I was thinking of subbing to loot crate once but outside of shirts, mugs, and postcards everything with any manufacturing effort is just bought off the shelf.

No offense but how could anyone think loot crate could pull that off? I can't think of any instance of lego providing that kind of exclusivity to a partner. I was thinking of subbing to loot crate once but outside of shirts, mugs, and postcards everything with any manufacturing effort is just bought off the shelf.
Well, there was no guarantee it was a game figure. It could have just been a little exclusive keychain or a shirt or something. I'd have honestly preferred anything else over getting a non-exclusive character that I already own.

Even a T-shirt would have been better. I'm going to email customer service with a very polite letter just so they have a record of disappointment on Tuesday. I would encourage everyone to do the same.

They just went really cheap. I'm sure if they tossed in a Supergirl or Green Arrow, people would have been a lot less stressed.
But one of the first batch of funpacks that are all over the place for $1-5? That's a super-bummer.

They just went really cheap. I'm sure if they tossed in a Supergirl or Green Arrow, people would have been a lot less stressed.
But one of the first batch of funpacks that are all over the place for $1-5? That's a super-bummer.
Yeah, that was the last thing I was expecting. I wasn't expecting a previously unannounced completely exclusive Loot Crate character (as awesome as that would be), but something like a Lord Vortech keychain would have been really cool. Supergirl or Green Arrow would have been great too, since at least they're rare, if not exclusive. Getting early a character that will be available in stores later this year would also have been great.

But five characters that were from waves 1 and 2 of year one? I really did not think it would be a cheap lazy move like that.

bread's done
Back