Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the volume of sets people were finding at 5 below and 99 cents only it looks like they made the exact same mistake Infinity did and waaaaay overproduced the toys leaving them with tons of unsold inventory.

If it's true it sucks, but assuming they get out the stuff they've announced it's a massive amount of content they've given us and I'll still enjoy playing. The good part is that Dimensions was far less dependent on servers and community content than Disney Infinity so it should still be super fun even after it's unsupported.
This is the only good news - I've already racked up over 60 hours, and have only got a fraction of the collectibles and things completed, and if I don't get another pack, I'll still be enjoying hours of content long after the plug has been pulled. Getting 100% will be easier to do now that there are a finite set of abilities and worlds out there. The prospect of more Lego standalone games is poor consolation, as they managed to release these anyway, even with Dimensions. Now they'll just produce them at a rate that far exceeds my ability to pick them up. I doubt we'll see Year 2 packs end up at dollar stores, since these were produced in much smaller numbers. We might see some good sales before the end, though its possible they might be produced in such reduced numbers (especially the final releases) that they'll be gone before serious discounts happen. I also hope that this doesn't mean that Knight Rider I didn't buy because I thought it would eventually be cheaper than the $7.19 that GS had it on sale for will be a permanent and forever GS exclusive.

Deciding I want to finally get into Dimensions - where is the best place to get a Starter Pack(PS4)? I see people talking about $30-40 price points, but all I see is 60+.

Deciding I want to finally get into Dimensions - where is the best place to get a Starter Pack(PS4)? I see people talking about $30-40 price points, but all I see is 60+.
It goes on sale for $30-$40 typically. Sales have slowed down recently though

A new article on the site addresses some questions and issues people have with it being cancelled...The sad thing is how angry people get because they think the game is making a ton of money, or because they think it's fun, people are literally calling it "fake news"...I am waiting for someone to call it alternative facts soon.

I'm still a little surprised that lego dimensions could possibly be cancelled. It has such huge brand recognition with children that possibly the only bigger names could be Disney, marvel or Star Wars. Oh, wait never mind.

So you just need the discs to play with the characters ingame? I could get rid of the minifigs and lego pieces? Thinking I might do that with most except for a few like BttF and Dr. Who.

So you just need the discs to play with the characters ingame? I could get rid of the minifigs and lego pieces? Thinking I might do that with most except for a few like BttF and Dr. Who.
Yep, or you could buy just the discs. They are selling on E-Bay. I've seen some people sell the figs to fig collectors. One of the good things about Lego's is they retain (typically) their value.

Just tossing this out there, but if you need any discs, and you want to trade for the parts/figures, I have a ton of discs from many many sets to offer, and I want the figures and other parts for myself.

Yep, or you could buy just the discs. They are selling on E-Bay. I've seen some people sell the figs to fig collectors. One of the good things about Lego's is they retain (typically) their value.
Im also selling the discs from the packs, and I will hook a CAG up better than ebay, if anybody wants just the discs please PM me.

Can't say I'm surprised, if I did, I'd be lying. I mean how could a game fail when you had the most expensive toys? Shocked I tell you, SHOCKED!

LD being cancelled could easily explain the dump of Year 1 figures to the .99 Cents Only Stores. A precursor or foreshadow of the things to come.

I think that the 99 Cent Store dump has more to do with gross overproduction rather than cancellation. Lego came two years too late to market. The toys to life market peaked in 2014 and it was already on the downward slope when Dimensions came out. I don't think you'll be seeing any of the newer packs anytime soon at dollar stores as they had first year's sales data to figure out that demand was nowhere near what they had projected. At best, they'll be cleared out for 60%-75% a pop where Lego collector's will snatch them all up.

It'd be far more productive if they budgeted these games correctly.

Literally all of the failure, ALL of the failure, of this market is from over-saturation and greed. The sales of the games themselves is stellar, and a baseline of the toys, too. But when entire corners of the store are dedicated to 5 years worth of Skylanders, and they introduce new ones EVERY MONTH, and they're just DIFFERENT FRIGGING POSES of the same characters, then, YEAH, people are going to slow down on it.

A new article on the site addresses some questions and issues people have with it being cancelled...The sad thing is how angry people get because they think the game is making a ton of money, or because they think it's fun, people are literally calling it "fake news"...I am waiting for someone to call it alternative facts soon.
Around 2 months ago when I said the game was not going to last long with retailers needed to put deep discount to clear the toys and it's not going to sustain the huge development cost which is better to spend elsewhere, I got so many replies said I was wrong, the toys cost pennies to make, the developers don't cost much...

There are always some easily irritated unrealistic wishful thinking diehard fans.

I'm still a little surprised that lego dimensions could possibly be cancelled. It has such huge brand recognition with children that possibly the only bigger names could be Disney, marvel or Star Wars. Oh, wait never mind.
It wasn't as shocked as when Infinity got canceled which also has largest impact as it was released on almost console platforms, iOS and PC, and a lot of online content was gone compared to the short history of Dimensions which also has no online content.

Don't get me wrong, I like Lego Dimensions particularly they can release levels or worlds of franchise that they will not release a full game. I still have a couple of backlog Lego games to play (Avengers, Jurassic Park, new Star Wars) and I did 100% trophies on Batman and Harry Potters.

From the target cartwheel deal thread for 3-26 to 4-1

30% Off LEGO Dimensions Story Packs (Expires April 1st)

30% Off LEGO Dimensions Starter Packs (Expires April 1st)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Best Buy has $20 off Story Packs this week with the option of getting an additional Fun Pack for 50% off.  I believe that this matches the cheapest that the Lego Batman Movie Story Pack has been at $23.99 with GCU.  Also the recent store exclusives (Excalibur Batman, Knight Rider, and Marceline) get a wide release on Tuesday.    The Story Packs have been 50% off previously ($20 with GCU), So maybe not the best deal overall.  It also seems that the GCU isn't stacking on the Fun Pack with the offer online.

Which is the better one to get, Lego Batman Movie or Fantastic Beasts? Also which fun pack is the best to get out of these 3:

-Knight Rider

-Hermione

-The Girl from Fantastic Beasts?

I am leaning towards Lego Batman movie and Knight Rider but...if anyone has any input.

Which is the better one to get, Lego Batman Movie or Fantastic Beasts? Also which fun pack is the best to get out of these 3:

-Knight Rider

-Hermione

-The Girl from Fantastic Beasts?

I am leaning towards Lego Batman movie and Knight Rider but...if anyone has any input.
I've had more fun with Batman (so far) than Fantastic Beasts. Hermione is a must have in my household (kid) but I think Knight Rider would unlock a not previously unlocked world for you.

I've had more fun with Batman (so far) than Fantastic Beasts. Hermione is a must have in my household (kid) but I think Knight Rider would unlock a not previously unlocked world for you.
Just noticed Hermione is not part of the 50% off funpacks. So the ones I don't have that are 50% off are Marceline, Knight Rider, Tina, and Bane.

Best Buy has $20 off Story Packs this week with the option of getting an additional Fun Pack for 50% off. I believe that this matches the cheapest that the Lego Batman Movie Story Pack has been at $23.99 with GCU. Also the recent store exclusives (Excalibur Batman, Knight Rider, and Marceline) get a wide release on Tuesday. The Story Packs have been 50% off previously ($20 with GCU), So maybe not the best deal overall. It also seems that the GCU isn't stacking on the Fun Pack with the offer online.
I -think- Lego Batman was like $20 after GCU either at release or a pre-order. Still, a good deal, especially with the 50% fun pack.

They've finally fixed the GCU applying on the buy-a-story-pack-get-a-fun-pack-half-off promo, *and* apparently due to a new glitch caused by the fix you can add yet another fun pack for $6 (half off without GCU).

They've finally fixed the GCU applying on the buy-a-story-pack-get-a-fun-pack-half-off promo, *and* apparently due to a new glitch caused by the fix you can add yet another fun pack for $6 (half off without GCU).
I guess they fixed it after I made a complaint on the Unboxed forums...maybe? I just did a chat with an agent and am getting a 3rd fun pack for $4.80 since my original order had a story pack and a fun pack at $6. So...it's the same as if I had placed the order with the current glitch in our favor instead of glitch in their favor.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gamers-Club/GCU-Once-Again-Not-Working-Properly-Online/m-p/1039810#M28728

Lego Dimensions sets and packs are 50% off at Best Buy (before GCU). Not as good as Dollar Store prices, but not bad if you don't want to wait.

I picked up the last 3 fun packs I needed ...

Knight Rider
Marceline
Excalibur Batman

I now have a complete set, sans Supergirl.

I was waiting on them to fix this for days and then forgot all about it. I woke up and remembered I was going to order, went to check and the 2 I was going to buy last week are cheaper this week lolz. Now the Story Packs are even cheaper ($19.99 after GCU) and all non preorder packs seem to be 50% without purchasing a Story Pack.

Didn't know about the glitch, eh, the sale is good enough for me to complete all the DLCs with trophies/achievements.  Note that the other level packs are sold out long time ago, like Back to the Future and Peter Venkman (first Ghostbuster).

In case anyone need a list of trophies/achievements:

https://www.exophase.com/game/lego-dimensions-ps4/trophies/

Here's the list of level packs with trophies/achievements:

• Finn the Human (Adventure Times)
  • Homer (Simpsons)
  • The Doctor (Doctor Who)
  • Portal 2
  • Peter Venkman (first Ghostbuster)
  • Gamer Kid (Midway Arcade)
  • Back to the Future
  • Mission: Impossible
  • Sonic

Boxsets:

• LEGO Batman Movie
  • Ghostbuster 2016
  • Fantastic Beast
All of the above can be used across platforms, which is something the normal digital or disc DLCs don't do.  Also, apparently the PS3 version of any toys-to-life (Skylanders/Disney Infinity/LEGO Dimensions) is rarer for some reasons, I have no trouble getting the PS4 starter packs on sale, but some leg works for the PS3 (base on my experience of completing 100% trophies/achievements for toys-to-life games, PS3/PS4/PSV, currently only DI PSV is available).

Bought all the $5 after GCU fun packs that I didn't have save for Aquaman (since he's sold out) since that's what nearly every CAG wanted from the dollar store stuff and I don't think these will hit those shelves again.  Added 10 more sets to the collection. If anyone has any other sets for $5 (or less?) shipped, shoot me a PM. I'm still working on having a complete set.

Also ordered the starter pack but I think I'll just not pick it up since I'm pretty sure I read its been cheaper before ($20 maybe?).

If anyone has these from the .99 cent let me know as I'm still looking for them.

Aqua Man
Lloyd
Bane
Laval
Jay

DC Comic Team pack (Joker/Harley)

Thanks

Strange, a lot of fun packs are only available for store pickup.
A lot are also listed as sold out, as in not available anywhere, and a lot of sets, particularly Year One sets, are no longer even listed, though the Scooby Doo and Back to the Future packs, previously delisted, have now returned. Funny, all the 99 cent store packs are "on clearnace" for more than the other sets.

If anyone has these from the .99 cent let me know as I'm still looking for them.

Aqua Man
Lloyd
Bane
Laval
Jay

DC Comic Team pack (Joker/Harley)

Thanks
That ship has long sailed, and only the Ninjagos and Laval in that list were ever even available. No DC characters were ever proven to be found in any of those stores.

Only 2 I need are the adventure Time ones....And they were sold out from the start and not available at my local store :(
Adventure Time Level pack and marceline was available for a short time when it started, but team pack might have been OOS from the start. But my order went to backorder status for the level pack, expected apr 24, so we will see how that goes. (marceline is OK). Was able to get store pickups of knight rider and excalibur batman as well.

Ordered about $100 worth of sets from this to add to my dollar store pickups and amazon bundles. I am not expecting to see most of these in the $1 range and this 60% off is close enough to what I expect them to eventually hit and not risk selling out by the time they get there. Also holding off on the starter pack, since I can see that hitting $30 again or even just $40 - GCU and I don't think there is a shortage of those anywhere.

Any news yet on when supergirl gets a wide release?

Bestbuy has been weird with stock, so who knows they might come back any time or even for a future sale.  Otherwise I would expect at least another 50% off or b1g1 sale at toys r us sooner rather than later, and they seem to have the best stock of everything.  Keep your eye out for their random online sales.

Bestbuy has been weird with stock, so who knows they might come back any time or even for a future sale. Otherwise I would expect at least another 50% off or b1g1 sale at toys r us sooner rather than later, and they seem to have the best stock of everything. Keep your eye out for their random online sales.
If you catch wind of them getting back in stock or another retailer selling them for 1/2 off or so, shoot me a PM if you can :D

I dont believe anyone on here or any other forum mentioned that they bought a DC character pack. If not, those would have been highly sold on eBay, which wasn't the case.

Kinda given up on LD now.. what with the rumored cancellation news and all.. have the ps4 version, all these figures, team, level and story packs and I haven't played it now, in almost 4 months.

Oh and Blade3D, Lego fun packs and level packs have been available at 99 cent stores for some time now - of course where you live, you might have any by you.

bread's done
Back