Feedback
25 (100%)
Master topic for Lego Dimensions. 

Starter Packs are $99.99 on :ps4: :xb1: :360: :ps3: :wiiu:

Remeber,

Best Buy: 20% GCU Discount

Breakdown of products that release on 9/27:

Starter Pack:

Starter Pack includes LEGO Dimensions video game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to build the LEGO Gateway, Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle LEGO Minifigures and LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

MSRP: $99.99

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Level Packs (Level Packs contain a single character, a gadget/vehicle, and a new level that corresponds to that character), MSRP is $29.99:

The Simpsons

The Simpsons Level Pack, which includes a Homer, Homer's Car and the Taunt-o-Vision

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget, Toys R Us

Back to The Future

Back to the Future Level Pack, which includes a Marty McFly Minifigure, DeLorean Time Machine and Hoverboard

Order: Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Portal 2

Portal 2 Level Pack, which includes a Chell Minifigure, Sentry Turret and Companion Cube.

Order from Best Buy, AmazonTarget

Team Packs (Team packs come with 2 characters and a combination of 2 different vehicles and/or gadgets) MSRP is $24.99:

Jurassic World

Jurassic World Team Pack, which includes Owen and ACU mini figures, Gyrosphere and a Velociraptor.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Toys R Us

Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo! Team Pack, which includes Scooby-Doo and Shaggy mini figures, Mystery Machine and Scooby Snack.

Order from Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, Target, Toys R Us

Fun Packs (Fun packs contain a single character and a single gadget or vehicle that corresponds to that character.) MSRP $14.99. Note: The links go to Best Buy unless noted.

DC Comics Wonder Woman
DC Comics Cyborg

The Lord of the Rings: Gimli
The Lord of the Rings: Legolas
The Lord of the Rings: Gollum

The LEGO Movie Emmet
The LEGO Movie Bad Cop
The LEGO Movie Benny

LEGO Ninjago Jay Toys R Us Timed Exclusive
LEGO Ninjago Nya
LEGO Ninjago Zane

The Wizard of Oz The Wicked Witch

LEGO Legends of Chima Laval Toys R Us Link
LEGO Legends of Chima Cragger
LEGO Legends of Chima Eris

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and Blade3D, Lego fun packs and level packs have been available at 99 cent stores for some time now - of course where you live, you might have any by you.
The issue was whether specifically the DC packs (in his case joker + HQ) were at 99 cent stores, which most people never saw. We know that others were. Maybe his store got the ONE box of joker and he happened to nab it?

Toys R Us has all packs for 50% off as well

EDIT: they'll be 50% off NEXT week
Awesome. I went to TRU yesterday and bought all the remaining packs I need. I'll just do a PM next week when they go on sale. Why struggle to find the rarer stuff when TRU pretty much always has everything? My store had 2-3 Aquamans, Doc Browns, and Cybermans, the latter 2 were absolute musts for me. Plus I went ahead and bought the base game since my girlfriend was to coop it with me so having these a week early is great. Now to wait for the level packs on up to drop to the $5 range....

The email I got says "50% off All Lego Dimensions Accessories" and shows pictures of fun packs.
Best Buy or TRU? Because that is what the Best Buy Weekly Ad says. If you are talking about TRU, then my bad got confused because both are being talked about. If the email is from BB, then it is wrong. In fact, the clearance stuff isn't even on sale.

Best Buy or TRU? Because that is what the Best Buy Weekly Ad says. If you are talking about TRU, then my bad got confused because both are being talked about. If the email is from BB, then it is wrong. In fact, the clearance stuff isn't even on sale.
None of the above. Gamestop.

Picked up a crapton of stuff I'd been waiting to buy yesterday (Sonic Levels, MI Levels, Adventure Time Team and Marcy, Doc Brown, Harry Potter Team, DC Team, Gremlins, Knight Rider).   I debated the Fantastic Creatures fun pack but I don't have the actual Game Pack for the movie.  Can you play the Fantastic Creatures world with the fun pack without the Game pack or will a bunch of stuff be locked?

At some point I'll have to pick up the 3 game packs, but they seem to be slow sellers so I'm hoping to see them go below 50% off...

The new ones don't show up on the regular site and you can't add them to your cart on the mobile one. :(
They took them off the website. If you want them half off Amazon has Goonies and Lego City. Hermoine was there, but they bumped up the price once they saw ToysRUs took them off the website.

I was lucky to check the website early in the morning before it was fully updated and was able to preorder the 3 new sets coming out in May (Goonies/Hermione/Lego City). Got them for half off and did a pickup for Bane and Lloyd to finish off the ones that I was missing from the current releases. I should have got Bane at BB but didn't think they would sell out so I'm kicking myself for that one. Between the Black Friday and the 99¢ store fiesta I haven't paid full price for any Lego Dimensions from day one.

Picked up a crapton of stuff I'd been waiting to buy yesterday (Sonic Levels, MI Levels, Adventure Time Team and Marcy, Doc Brown, Harry Potter Team, DC Team, Gremlins, Knight Rider). I debated the Fantastic Creatures fun pack but I don't have the actual Game Pack for the movie. Can you play the Fantastic Creatures world with the fun pack without the Game pack or will a bunch of stuff be locked?

At some point I'll have to pick up the 3 game packs, but they seem to be slow sellers so I'm hoping to see them go below 50% off...
I've found Tina Goldstein to be one of the most useful characters in the game. She's become, along with Doctor Who, a permanent fixture on my base. Though Tina lacks flight and Parseltongue, she has all the remaining powers that Harry and Voldemort have, which are a lot of useful abilities in a single figure. The Fantastic Creatures Fun Pack will give you access to the Adventure World; you do not need the Story Pack to be able to play it. Newt has a briefcase that more or less serves as a key, but I've yet to find a need for it in the free roam, so most of the level will be open, with plenty to do.You also need the pack to unlock Queenie Goldstein, but that's just a fun little bone thrown to fans, as she doesn't really have any abilities that Tina doesn't also have. It's one of my favorite Adventure Worlds, recreating 1920s New York.

I blame mainly CAG and to a smaller extent FB....

I just got into this game about 1.5-2 months ago when a CAG was willing to get me some 99 cent packs. I was only going to display them for fandom sake...I now have every single figure besides Eris, Jay, Laval, Lloyd, Nya, Zane, and the Ninjago Team Pack. I also do not plan on getting the Powerpuff girls or the guy from Lego City, just not my thing, unless they are super cheap, and even then I would need to think about it honestly.

I have every other Fun, Team, and Story pack....plus Green Arrow and Supergirl. I also have Hermione and The Goonies on pre-order.

I have yet to play the game for more then an hour, but the collecting part took ahold pretty fast with good deals via FB and stores.

So....thanks all, and you all suck for making me spend $. Granted I spent almost about $166 for everything so it wasn't that bad, just kind of surprised how much I bought in so little time due to you people!

I blame mainly CAG and to a smaller extent FB....

I just got into this game about 1.5-2 months ago when a CAG was willing to get me some 99 cent packs. I was only going to display them for fandom sake...I now have every single figure besides Eris, Jay, Laval, Lloyd, Nya, Zane, and the Ninjago Team Pack. I also do not plan on getting the Powerpuff girls or the guy from Lego City, just not my thing, unless they are super cheap, and even then I would need to think about it honestly.

I have every other Fun, Team, and Story pack....plus Green Arrow and Supergirl. I also have Hermione and The Goonies on pre-order.

I have yet to play the game for more then an hour, but the collecting part took ahold pretty fast with good deals via FB and stores.

So....thanks all, and you all suck for making me spend $. Granted I spent almost about $166 for everything so it wasn't that bad, just kind of surprised how much I bought in so little time due to you people!
I had a similar experience thanks to the 99 cents only liquidation. I bought those, and now I am hooked, thinking I would only get the ones I actually liked, but these 50-60% off sales made the OCD in me want to collect them all for completeness sake, just like disney infinity's death. And I haven't even bought a starter and played it yet.

But I am not sure how you got away with only spending $166 for all you mentioned.

Excluding the few you said you don't care to collect (just wait, you'll want them), my numbers for the cheapest I have seen things in the past few months:

starter pack ~$35

lego batman movie story ~$20

ghostbusters story ~$20

fantastic beasts story ~$20

~ 5 level packs not available at 99cents 5 x $12 = $60

~ 4 team packs not available at 99 cents 4 x $10 = $40

~ 15 fun packs not available at 99 cents 15 x $4.80 = $72

~$20 for the various $1 packs at 99 cents stores

So I see easily $250 - $300 to get everything you mentioned. How did you get them for so much lower?

I had a similar experience thanks to the 99 cents only liquidation. I bought those, and now I am hooked, thinking I would only get the ones I actually liked, but these 50-60% off sales made the OCD in me want to collect them all for completeness sake, just like disney infinity's death. And I haven't even bought a starter and played it yet.

But I am not sure how you got away with only spending $166 for all you mentioned.

Excluding the few you said you don't care to collect (just wait, you'll want them), my numbers for the cheapest I have seen things in the past few months:

starter pack ~$35

lego batman movie story ~$20

ghostbusters story ~$20

fantastic beasts story ~$20

~ 5 level packs not available at 99cents 5 x $12 = $60

~ 4 team packs not available at 99 cents 4 x $10 = $40

~ 15 fun packs not available at 99 cents 15 x $4.80 = $72

~$20 for the various $1 packs at 99 cents stores

So I see easily $250 - $300 to get everything you mentioned. How did you get them for so much lower?
People on FB, other deals, BBY screwing up and giving me some stuff for free because of it. Not really things that can be duplicated.

Dang the only thing I have gotten for free from BB cuz they screwed up was a 12 month psn card lol.
Well considering a chat agent was helping me order one fun pack at $4.80 but accidentally put my order on someone elses Best Buy account thus giving him my name, address, etc etc and last 4 of my CC. And then when I was asking "why did I not get an email about my order" the agent tells me it was shipping to some random person.

Thus giving out his name and address and phone number and he got mine...plus he might think I hacked him or something....They had to launch an investigation into why something that bad happened.

Well considering a chat agent was helping me order one fun pack at $4.80 but accidentally put my order on someone elses Best Buy account thus giving him my name, address, etc etc and last 4 of my CC. And then when I was asking "why did I not get an email about my order" the agent tells me it was shipping to some random person.

Thus giving out his name and address and phone number and he got mine...plus he might think I hacked him or something....They had to launch an investigation into why something that bad happened.
Wow all bad.

I have noticed stores are starting to only carry non-supergirl versions of the ps4 starter kit.  No word yet on an individual release?  Or are they going to scrap it?  Maybe get one while still on sale in case.

I'm gonna finally scoop up the Adventure Time level pack from Gamestop...looks like 50% off is the best I'm gonna get. I still will need the team pack with Jake and LSP but I'm hoping non-story packs will be better someday...

The Microsoft Store has a lot of fun packs for $5, possibly every fun pack is $5? Good time to get the DC characters.
EDIT: Sale prices are working again.

I've been getting the newer wave of figures between Best Buy last week and Toys R Us this week, since I'm fearing they didn't make as many and won't stick around until the super heavy discounts.

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but Hollar.com recently replenished their LEGO Dimensions stock. If you use this link: https://www.hollar.com/share/3y6r579w then coupon code "aprwelcome", then go to the $1 section and add an item to bring it up to $10, it should save you $4 on a $10 order with free shipping, comes out to about $3 per fun pack plus a $1 bottle of lotion or whatever you want to add.

I know many were spoiled by the One Dollar Only extravaganza, but this is a great way to snag the multi-talented Cragger or a NinjaGo set you don't really want but still want the world.

I know this was posted a couple of weeks ago, but Hollar.com recently replenished their LEGO Dimensions stock. If you use this link: https://www.hollar.com/share/3y6r579w then coupon code "aprwelcome", then go to the $1 section and add an item to bring it up to $10, it should save you $4 on a $10 order with free shipping, comes out to about $3 per fun pack plus a $1 bottle of lotion or whatever you want to add.

I know many were spoiled by the One Dollar Only extravaganza, but this is a great way to snag the multi-talented Cragger or a NinjaGo set you don't really want but still want the world.
You had me at "$1 bottle of lotion"
tyrion-lannister-eyebrows-game-of-thrones.gif

It would only let me do a limit of two per cart, so I snagged the Simpsons level pack and Legolas but couldn't get Gimli. Regardless, thank you very much for the heads up!

There's a sale at BB right now, but it isn't as good as the one they had a few weeks ago. Despite the rather lackluster discounts, a lot of stuff is already sold out (or was simply never restocked), including stuff that didn't sell out last sale. It's not all bad; the Team Packs are the same price as last time (though they were $2.00 cheaper during the New Years sale), and some of the newer Fun Packs are about the same price they were at the GS sale (but more than they were at the last BB sale). Here's the link for those who need to have a looksee for themselves: 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/lego-evn27268?ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-.TDWWOLtlbPWvS6wQ5ZbYg

BB currently has starter packs for current gen consoles for $27.99 after GCU. This is only four dollars more than the BF low of $23.99, which was the cheapest I've seen them ever. They will no doubt be cheaper at some point in the future; most likely BF, or during the inevitable clearances when the plug is officially pulled. However, Supergirl sets are becoming harder and harder to find, and there is a good chance they will not be around when either of those sales happen.

Can you use supergirl on xbox one or wii u?
Yes.

You can buy the Supergirl PS4 set cheaper than the going price of just Supergirl. She still sells for over $30 on Ebay. I upgraded Dimensions to PS4 by doing that. (almost gave up completely when my 360 save corrupted after updates). I'm surprised BBY still has that set available; not sure how it's lasted this long for ordering online, I haven't seen it in the stores for a while and it's the same price as the regular version.

I don't get why people are still paying that much for supergirl by itself on ebay when they can get the whole starter for about the same fairly regularly.

I don't get why people are still paying that much for supergirl by itself on ebay when they can get the whole starter for about the same fairly regularly.
Because they already own the set and don't want to deal with having to get rid of the dupes. It's not like she's THAT expensive.

Because they already own the set and don't want to deal with having to get rid of the dupes. It's not like she's THAT expensive.
He's saying that because the cheapest one is 37.50 and people can buy the entire starter set for that much pretty regularly, even cheaper right now. Even if you didn't want to sell the stuff...it's still cheaper to buy the whole thing.

My order of the goonies and chase is on the way from amazon bought them when they were 50% off.. idk if Hermione had the same problem but when I checked she was regular price.

bread's done
Back