Lego Rock Band and Star Wars on Sale - Amazon 18 Deals, 18 Days

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Lego Rock Band for $20, and not a penny more! ;)[/QUOTE]
Here here.

Still, the deals are getting better everyday. Hopefully that'll be the trend.

all lego games drop pretty quickly. I am very tempted though....never been a fan of the other lego games but am a huge fan of rockband.

[quote name='eth3real']all lego games drop pretty quickly. I am very tempted though....never been a fan of the other lego games but am a huge fan of rockband.[/QUOTE]

Then you'll love the game. Lego Rockband is really Rock Band 3 for kids.

[quote name='porieux']I'll bite when it is $10....which really means $20 since you need to pay $10 to export.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean about the Export?? Is that something to do with Live?? I'm new to Live and I bought a Rockband 2 Set for my son for Christmas.

I also heard something about paying $5 for the Rockband 1 content, but I'm not sure how all that works?????

Not interested, but yeah, at least they seem to be getting back to decent titles now (I half expected an "Imagine Babyz" sale today)

[quote name='hotwls13']What do you mean about the Export?? Is that something to do with Live?? I'm new to Live and I bought a Rockband 2 Set for my son for Christmas.

I also heard something about paying $5 for the Rockband 1 content, but I'm not sure how all that works?????[/QUOTE]

by export i think he meant shipping.

[quote name='JaroldL']by export i think he meant shipping.[/QUOTE]

i can't speak for the lego rock band game, but i was able to export rock band 1 songs onto my hard drive for use in rock band 2, by paying a fee (i think it was 5 bucks).

[quote name='hotwls13']What do you mean about the Export?? Is that something to do with Live?? I'm new to Live and I bought a Rockband 2 Set for my son for Christmas.

I also heard something about paying $5 for the Rockband 1 content, but I'm not sure how all that works?????[/QUOTE]

For $5/400 MSP, you can copy the majority of the Rock Band 1 content to your hard drive (all but three songs: Enter Sandman, the Paranoid cover, and the Run to the Hills cover). You could rent or borrow a copy of Rock Band to take advantage of this option.

Lego Rock Band is slightly different: It also has an export option - which, to the best of my knowledge, includes all songs - but the cost is $10/800 MSP, and you'd be best off using a copy of your own, since you need "a unique code included on a paper insert included in the game case" (precise wording borrowed from Wikipedia).

And yes, if it wasn't clear already, you need to be connected to Live to do this :) But it doesn't require you to have XBL Gold, if that's any consolation.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Lego Rock Band for $20, and not a penny more! ;)[/QUOTE]
I was in the same boat until short-lived GS promotion/web site mistake that allowed me to buy it for $26 shipped and burn most of my otherwise useless GS credit. That, essentially, made it a free deal for me. Sigh, I still would need to shell out 800MS points to export all these songs into RB2.

[quote name='netscorer']Sigh, I still would need to shell out 800MS points to export all these songs into RB2.[/QUOTE]

This is why I still don't want to buy it yet. I really don't care about all the lego stuff, I just want the music in RB2 (Ghostbusters theme!). So until they *really* mark the game down to the point where it justifies that, I'm passing on it.

[quote name='bardockkun']Lego Rock Band deal is still not anywhere as good as Gamestop's. Thanks anyway Cheapy.[/QUOTE]

But that deal is dead, right?

That's the trick about this one. If you don't buy it new, you can't transfer the songs (unless you get really lucky and the code went unused/unsold) which is more than half the point of buying any new Rock Band disc, in my opinion.

GS shipped All mine ordered. End up get Lego Rock Band (360), Special Key Chain, AC Track Pack (360). Also they shipped AC Track Pack (PS3) for $3.XX :)

buying, exporting songs to RB2, selling. figure i'll end up loosing around $5-10 for what? 40 extra rock band tracks. sounds worth it to me.

already did the same with band hero

[quote name='xhonzi']That's the trick about this one. If you don't buy it new, you can't transfer the songs (unless you get really lucky and the code went unused/unsold) which is more than half the point of buying any new Rock Band disc, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
Yep, with their new policy, both Guitar Hero and Rock Band franchises make sure they don't get fleeced on the used game market. I pity the clueless folks who will buy the game at GS or Amazon used and realize that the code is not valid anymore and they have essentially overpayed for what is now a damaged goods.
BTW, I have realized that if you buy any of these games used from GameFly (whenever they have clearance sale) they send you the game along with brand new copy of the manual with an unused code.

[quote name='fighted']buying, exporting songs to RB2, selling. figure i'll end up loosing around $5-10 for what? 40 extra rock band tracks. sounds worth it to me.

already did the same with band hero[/QUOTE]

You can export songs from Band Hero?

[quote name='fighted']buying, exporting songs to RB2, selling. figure i'll end up loosing around $5-10 for what? 40 extra rock band tracks. sounds worth it to me.

already did the same with band hero[/QUOTE]

My sequence is almost identical:
Buying at or soon after the release on sale, ripping through achievements, exporting the songs to GH/RB and dumping to the used game market (either GS if they have good deal running or Amazon, otherwise).

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']For those interested in Lego Rock Band, some people have reported copies at Old Navy, one as low as $20. Worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Recently? They had the deal on BF that you got a free copy when you spent $20 on something in the store. I can't imagine they have copies left over...?

[quote name='xhonzi']But that deal is dead, right?[/QUOTE]
My friend said he was able to get it to work in store, but honestly YMMV. Especially last I checked Lego RB is now back to $50 on the website.

bread's done
Back