Lego Rock Band - Old Navy - $19.99 All Formats- YMMV

mick16

CAGiversary!
Not sure if its just a YMMV thing, but I just went to Old Navy near my house (Rochester Hills, MI) and they were selling all formats of Lego Rock band for $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
15% off would be great.
However both stores I called (in KC) said $20 was only for RB2.
Beatles and Lego were full price. :cry:

[quote name='Ronin317']Two Old Navy's I called here said ALL RB (RB2, Beatles, Lego) are $20 this weekend.[/QUOTE]

And where is "here"?

[quote name='jonnyboy064']I went on BF. Was about the thousanth person in line. When I got up there to buy my stuff, the cashier told me they only handed out 20 bracelets total. I was pretty pissed. Thought about sending an email to corporate.[/QUOTE]

When Old Navy's ad said supplies were "extremely limited," I took that to mean that supplies were extremely limited. What did you expect?

Just got Beatles for 360 in NYC for $18.50 after tax. Used the 15% coupon. The titles won't ring up as 20, but they had a LITTLE paper sign on the Rock Band display that said 19.99.

Also, didn't print out the coupon, just told the cashier the number 15PRCNTOFF.

All Beatles, RB2 and RB where on sale for $19.99. They did not have any Lego RB, nor did they have a sign mentioning Lego was on sale.

Thanks, OP.

Any other success stories getting The Beatles: Rock Band or Lego Rock Band at $20 at Old Navy - other than SE Michigan and NYC (an interesting combo)?

Still seems very YMMV, with the games scanning at full price and only marked down if there's a sign and/or the staff are under the impression that all the titles are $20. Kinda strange, but then, I never shop there, so maybe it's SOP.

i felt the same way as you, i saw on the blkfriday ads that old navy was giving away a free copy if you bought $20 worth of clothes that day.. easy huh? I wouldnt mind buying some clothes and getting a free game.

As someone else mentioned, it seems like all of the other Rock Band games are suppose to be $20, and some stores have taken that to mean it includes LRB.

To me, to have almost no copies of the game is a joke. Even extremely limited probably could've been 500 copies. They're were at leat 2500 people in line easy.

Just got Beatles for 360 in NYC for $18.50 after tax. Used the 15% coupon. The titles won't ring up as 20, but they had a LITTLE paper sign on the Rock Band display that said 19.99.

Also, didn't print out the coupon, just told the cashier the number 15PRCNTOFF.

All Beatles, RB2 and RB where on sale for $19.99. They did not have any Lego RB, nor did they have a sign mentioning Lego was on sale.

Thanks, OP.

Mind pming the store? I wouldn't mind Beatles Rock Band at $20.

[quote name='bizzyoz']i felt the same way as you, i saw on the blkfriday ads that old navy was giving away a free copy if you bought $20 worth of clothes that day.. easy huh? I wouldnt mind buying some clothes and getting a free game.[/QUOTE]

I Showed up at Old Navy at 2:10am. I was maybe 25th in line. I got a bracelet for a PS3 version...here's the best part. For my qualifying $20 purchase, I got Rock Band 2 for $19.99 and a $1.75 tin of mints. The RB2 came with a free RB Fender strat guitar! $23.xx at 3:09 in the morning got me Lego Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and a Rock Band Guitar. I seem to have good luck with Rock Band because at the SEARS a mile away I got the full Rock Band bundle - game, drums, mic, and guitar for 17.97 on clearance this summer. One of the benefits of living in a smaller town I guess.

Old Navy employee here. I can't confirm the price of the game because I didn't notice the price change today but I do have some info.

Everyone saying that these are leftovers from BF. They are not. Corporate sent the RB2 and Beatles the week before BF but didn't send any Lego games so there would be no confusion on BF about which were free and which were for sale. The stores should have received their for sale editions this week.

Also, prices changes occur tomorrow (Sunday), so this may or may not effect this deal.

[quote name='gantt']When Old Navy's ad said supplies were "extremely limited," I took that to mean that supplies were extremely limited. What did you expect?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, especially if you're a member of a site like this that discusses shopping so much. You have to know that a store isn't gonna have hundreds of freebies. Just isn't gonna happen.

[quote name='mediviper']Dont you say that DONT YOU EVER SAY THAT!!! lol. It was awful. At least here it was, and they only gave out 7 copies for each system.[/QUOTE]

They opened at 3 AM near me, I got there at 2AM, there was a line of about 200 people waiting, they had 45 copies to give out and at 2:15 they gave out wristbands to the first 45 people and then it was over. They didn't have any extra copies to give out free, so you didn't miss anything.

[quote name='momouchi']Pens makes me think of the Pittsburgh Penguins, so there's my guess.[/QUOTE]
Ding ding WINNAH!

Was able to score a couple of :360: Lego and Beatles for gifts, using the 15% off coupon. Worked out quite nice...
One store, they rang right up at $19.99. The other had to override Beatles.

[quote name='Scorch']Do I need the game disc itself, or can I just use the code and pay the $10 fee and get the songs?[/QUOTE]

You do need the disc; it does an export, not a download.

[quote name='DJP519']You do need the disc; it does an export, not a download.[/QUOTE]
It is actually a download, but you need the disc to get it. Inside the packaging is a code that you redeem on a website. You then take the new code you get and redeem it on your console of choice. It opens up a special section of the Music Store in LRB that allows you to pay $10 for the 1.2GB pack.

[quote name='outphase']It is actually a download, but you need the disc to get it. Inside the packaging is a code that you redeem on a website. You then take the new code you get and redeem it on your console of choice. It opens up a special section of the Music Store in LRB that allows you to pay $10 for the 1.2GB pack.[/QUOTE]

The license is a download, but the tracks are an export. The disc drive spins continuously for quite a while while it exports. Regardless, the bottom line is, yes, you do need the disc in order to fully redeem the code.

Edit - I'm referring to the 360 version. Just noticed your PS Network signature. Could be that the PS3 version is different.

Guess I'll check the Old Navy nearby in the morning. Anyone know when they open? I hate when websites don't list store hours.

I picked up a copy of LRB for 19.99 at the Old Navy in Sterling Heights, MI earlier this evening. They were well aware of the 'sale' when I called and rang up no problem.

[quote name='troy2007']Checked Naperville and Joliet: both in stock at $50 for LRB[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ronin317']Was able to score a couple of :360: Lego and Beatles for gifts, using the 15% off coupon. Worked out quite nice...
One store, they rang right up at $19.99. The other had to override Beatles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Old Navy employee here. I can't confirm the price of the game because I didn't notice the price change today...
Also, prices changes occur tomorrow (Sunday), so this may or may not effect this deal.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reports. For crying out loud. I hope all of Old Navy's pricing/POS consistency isn't like this. No wonder I sold my Gap stock years ago. Guess I'll just have to go down there and see. Hope I don't get molested by one of those talking mannequins. Creepy...

[quote name='trunks982']so is this YMMV or is it at all stores?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, I struck out in Springfield, IL

This might help some people, it is in their circular this week:
printable_coupon.gif

I'm hoping to make it out there today or sometime this week to see if this $20 deal is still going, as getting Beatles and Lego for $15 each would be sweet :)

Just checked Old Navy in Destin, FL. LRB is $50. :( Cashier did have a manager check for me. But the price change could have happened this morning since it's Sunday. Boooo.

i managed to snag lego rock band, rock band 2, AND 2 copies of beatles rock band for $20 each at an old navy in cincinnati ohio

No games of any kind to be found at the Carousel Mall location in Syracuse, NY. I got weird looks when I asked :p

Just stopped at one of the Omaha,NE Old Navys. There was a sign on the RB display, but it was only for RB2 and Unplugged. I had them price check Lego and Beatles and they were normal price... :(

Two stores in Cleveland, OH had the $19.99 RB2 label, but my brother didn't try to see if the clerks would ring the other games up for that price. They were still full price.

I got The Beatles: RB for $19.99 at the La Frontera, Round Rock, TX store.

Yeah this is extremely YMMV, the cashier had to override and I doubt they're supposed to sell it for that price.

I didn't see any Lego Rock Band's, otherwise I would have tried that too obviously.

No luck at Verteran's Marketplace in Allen Park, MI. I asked a zombie who said they only had them at Thanksgiving, and then stopped someone who appeared to be totally in the present; he said that he was told by coporate to send them all back, which he did on Friday.

The Beatles: Rock Band (360) and Lego Rock Band (360) scanned at full price. They said there was a discount on Black Friday but none since. I saw a sign for Rock Band 2 @ $19.99, but nothing about the other titles so there was nothing I could use to argue for an override.

Also, it was a bit of a hassle as the game ticket SKUs are located next to a register, but the games themselves are locked behind another register in a completely different part of the store. When I brought up a ticket for TB:RB they looked at me like I was asking for a torque wrench. Took 5 employees and 2 radio calls.

Lol. After the Rasputin RB 1 fiasco I should have learned not to chase these YMMV RB deals at unlikely venues, but like a dog chasing a bus...

bread's done
Back