Let the Right One In Blu-Ray $12.99 @ Amazon!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
3213_large.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001MYIXAW

Before you see the American remake, check out the Swedish original!

My only question is... Will you get the version with the correct subtitles or the first-printing with stupid subtitles?

Reviews
Hi-Def Digest

Blu-Ray.com

Yea, I actually got this earlier today after doing some investigating on the subtitles. I'm still debating on watching the remake. I'm not really in to horror movies, but this one seemed different and was.

[quote name='Jodou']Everything I've read says they fixed the subtitle issue, so I'd guess that's the version you'd get.[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine from Amazon midway through July, and it only has the botched subtitles. :cry:

[quote name='jughead']Yea, I actually got this earlier today after doing some investigating on the subtitles. I'm still debating on watching the remake. I'm not really in to horror movies, but this one seemed different and was.[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen so far with trailers for the remake, it looks like they turned it in to a standard American horror movie.

The original was a great movie though. Thanks OP, think I'll pick this up.

You can't really check it online I guess, but if you're buying this in store and want the fixed subs, look for the words "ENGLISH (Theatrical)" next to the subs description on the back, then you'll know you got the right one.

[quote name='CENNY']You can't really check it online I guess, but if you're buying this in store and want the fixed subs, look for the words "ENGLISH (Theatrical)" next to the subs description on the back, then you'll know you got the right one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's good to know. I've heard great things about the original, and I definitely only want to let the right one in...to my bluray player. BWAAAH! Okay, terrible pun aside I appreciate the info on what to check for. Anyone know if it's part of the Best Buy Horror Blus sale? Didn't get a chance to browse the full list yet.

[quote name='CENNY']You can't really check it online I guess, but if you're buying this in store and want the fixed subs, look for the words "ENGLISH (Theatrical)" next to the subs description on the back, then you'll know you got the right one.[/QUOTE]

F***!!!

My copy just says "Subtitles: English, Spanish" no theatrical. I got the bad copy.

I got mine from Amazon just 2-3 weeks ago in September with my Halo Reach.

They'll let me return this right?

Btw upc is 7696400179.

If you don't open it, you can return it. You could also buy an extra copy at Best Buy (checking the back to make sure it has the right subtitles) and return the botched copy with its receipt, since they have the same UPC.

I have the one with the botched subs, fortunately I only paid like $7 for it used a long time ago. I'll replace it one of these days. It will be amazing if the remake isn't total shit like every other Hollywood adaptation of foreign films. I think there are directors that could pull it off, but the studios just want Blood! Explosions! Audiences are dumb, so go light on the actual story! Make it obvious!

Thanks, that's very good to know. I remember attempting to watch it with the crappy subtitles the day the blu ray was released. I rented it from Blockbuster or netflix. I was confused as hell when the subtitles didn't match the dubs at all.

I'd order right now for $12.99, but I'm not going through the hassle of having to rebuy and return at Best Buy or something.

[quote name='jughead']Yea, I actually got this earlier today after doing some investigating on the subtitles. I'm still debating on watching the remake. I'm not really in to horror movies, but this one seemed different and was.[/QUOTE]

I've seen both versions and 'Let Me In' is, more or less, the same exact movie. They made a few slight changes in tone and violence but they are extremely similar. I think Matt Reeves (director) did a good job given the U.S. studio was going to make their version regardless. If you are a fan of the original, I think you can appreciate the remake even though it flopped opening weekend. I guess the lack of subtitles didn't help gather interest in this wonderful story like they thought it would!

I think the title 'Let Me In' just doesn't convey what the movie is about well enough. If it was a more vampirey title, it might have done a little better.

[quote name='joeyatog']I've seen both versions and 'Let Me In' is, more or less, the same exact movie. They made a few slight changes in tone and violence but they are extremely similar. I think Matt Reeves (director) did a good job given the U.S. studio was going to make their version regardless. If you are a fan of the original, I think you can appreciate the remake even though it flopped opening weekend. I guess the lack of subtitles didn't help gather interest in this wonderful story like they thought it would![/QUOTE]

In all fairness though the movie opened in 2,020 theaters opening. Devil had more with 2395....

While Wall Street had 3,000+ so yea they were behind the eightball one this one. Destined to flop hard

Which is sad because movies like Twilight are trash, yet people flock to them. This is the movie those people should be excited for.

[quote name='Jodou']Which is sad because movies like Twilight are trash, yet people flock to them. This is the movie those people should be excited for.[/QUOTE]

Agreed but movies like Twilight are dealing with a different genre. Twilight no means involves vampires no matter what anyone says Vampires will die not sparkle when sunlight hits them.

fucking hate Twilight

I went to BB and bought this, the movie seems really interesting. I would have bought on Amazon but not knowing which version you get is a realy nut twister. On the BB website is says $12.99 but it scans $19.99, so some people need to make a trip to customer service.

Just for further confirmation, I ordered this two days ago and got the English (Theatrical) subtitles version. I was relieved since I was trying to replace the bad subtitled disc. :p

[quote name='joshnorm']Agreed but movies like Twilight are dealing with a different genre. Twilight no means involves vampires no matter what anyone says Vampires will die not sparkle when sunlight hits them.

fucking hate Twilight[/QUOTE]

Wait...what? Sparkle? Please tell me you are joking...

[quote name='DAWG26']I watched this on Netflix the other day. Anyone know if that version has the good or bad subtitles?[/QUOTE]

The netflix version has the good subtitles.

Thanks for the tip, OP. Ordered it.

I loved the original Swedish version of LTROI and was worried about the quality (and necessity) of a remake. I saw Let Me In over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised -- it was clearly made by someone with a great deal of love and admiration for the source material. I actually found the characters in the remake to be more complex and believable than in the original.

I received my order a few days ago from Amazon, it was the one with the good (Theatrical) subtitles.

Really glad to hear all the positive feedback about the American remake. The girl from Kickass is an immense talent at her age, I'm excited to see her in such a mature role. I hope they handle the sexual issues well, in that I hope it is actually in this film in the same way that it was in the original, since I would expect an American remake of a foreign movie to be stripped of such sensitive material.

I had heard good things about this movie so I rented it. It was terrible. Very slow and not that interesting.

I couldn't believe it when I heard they were going to remake it.

Anyway... to those who like it. Cool, I guess...

bread's done
Back