Let's Hear From the Female Gamers! First Ever Maxim Gamer Girl Search!

so if we shouldnt be called gamers then what should we be called gaming enthusiasts?
( and yes i do watch bobs burgers lo)l.
or maybe electronic hobbyists.

ok i'll be real for a minute

I know a bunch of girls that play games. I don't know how it happened, I'm not a very social person, but whatever.

-If you're hot, you're hot
Physically attractive girls are physically attractive no matter where they go. If they pick up a controller, they're hot gamer girls. If they pick up a book, they're sexy librarians or whatever. If they like to spend their Friday nights watching movies, they're sexy "girl-next-door" types. It really doesn't matter what they do. They just do it.
Some people think that mediocre girls become extra hot when they step into the world of games. This is partially true. People love hooking up in their social circles, it's how they meet new people. The ratio is generally skewed in favor of guys so it's a natural result. Still, go to a big anime convention or a European games festival, there are people hooking up everywhere, and there are many attractive girls there.
There also a lot of hot girls that abuse their hotness regardless of where they go. Again, not exclusive to the gaming scene.

-For competitive gamers, skill is still the most important
When I think about the girls that enter competitive games, the ones that flameout don't do so because of the tough guys there, but because they suck at the game and don't really get better. The ones that stay and constantly and improve are still there. This is no different from guys; there are tons and tons of flameouts who aren't there, but like I said, ratio. They don't need thick skin or whatever. They just need to keep competing.
I know a girl who thought she was the shit at Tetris. I put her in her place. I then introduced her to the competitive Tetris community and now I can't take a game off of her.
Although hot girls get free passes every once in a while, if they can't hang they get tossed out. TossGirl, a professional Starcraft BW player in Korea, was shoehorned into the "hot girl" while also being the best of the female players, pretty much lost all her fans because she isn't good enough to play in the team tournaments and hasn't been able to make it to the televised rounds of the individual tournaments.
Bottom line, in the competitive scene if you're good, you'll get respect; if not, you don't get any.

-And really, gaming doesn't matter
When I started off in the DDR community I met a ton of people from all walks of life. A lot of assumed that, hey, we're into DDR! We'll be good buddies! That didn't turn out to be case... a lot. However, some people, both girls and guys, I became good friends with just because we had good chemistry. A lot of us stopped playing DDR 2, 3 years later but we still kept hanging out. Some people hooked up. (Some people broke up and there was lots of typical drama, haha.)
I think the turning point for our scene was when we decided to forgo the arcade one day and play a rousing game of basketball.

I guess, in short:
-Girls who play games shouldn't be put on a pedestal, they're just people
-Hotness (and the advantages and disadvantages) is absolute no matter what the scene
-Girls are respected for their gaming skills when they're good at it
-Shared hobbies mean nothing as far as chemistry and personality

ok back to trolling

Based on the sample I saw at PAX this past weekend, I can attest that female gamers are an extreme minority, or at least girl gamers that are as passionate about video games as their male counterparts are. Sure, there's plenty of casual female gamers out there, but if you think there's an ample supply of girls out there looking for a guy to sweep them off their feet during a game of team death match in Gears of War 3, keep dreaming.

That being said, although female gamers may be a minority, that doesn't mean they should be marginalized or patronized, which is sadly what ends up happening all to frequently to the demographic.

I'm sure Maxim will treat them with the same level of respect they treat every other thing in their magazine.

The ad might as well have said "Wanted: Stripper in big glasses, watched someone play Tetris once"

[quote name='spmahn']Based on the sample I saw at PAX this past weekend, I can attest that female gamers are an extreme minority, or at least girl gamers that are as passionate about video games as their male counterparts are.[/QUOTE]

Why would any female gamer attend a place where they know they're outnumbered 20-1 and are going to be ogled by the dregs of society? Real appealing weekend trip. :lol:

As many of you know I am a female "gamer" who is genuinely passionate about games. I know some other females with collections of games, who would be considered to be genuninely passionate about games, but they just don't talk about it actively or go out of their way to talk about it or to tell other people they are gamers. Basically if a female gamer has a collection of games, they are probably in the closet about it.

I don't think female gamers would attend something like PAX because they know what is coming to them if they do, as Corvin said the dredges of society attend this convention and I am sure any respectable female gamer or not does not wish to be oogled at by these types of people. Conventions are generally disgusting places full of unwashed people so I can see why most females, or self respecting people in general don't want to go.

Moreover attending a convention is expensive, very expensive, unless you so happen to live near the convention which is not my case, and personally if I had my choice I would rather spend my money on more games for my collection vs an unappealing weekend trip. I also hate traveling so I have to have a very good reason to travel and PAX would not be a good reason for me (there are about 3 things that will get me to travel and yes one of them is a certain game but PAX is not a good enough reason). While I am sure the convention would be very fun and yes I am sure I would have a good time its not worth the money. I wouldn't be a CAG if I said otherwise.

[quote name='Corvin']Why would any female gamer attend a place where they know they're outnumbered 20-1 and are going to be ogled by the dregs of society? Real appealing weekend trip. :lol:[/QUOTE]

attention whores.

All I know is that once you hit 30+ and conversations, even at parties laden with liquor, steer towards the weather and routes to work...I instantly take notice any time that anyone mentions anything video games.

It's completely irrelevant, to me, to slice gamers up into little segments as I've found that you can always turn even the most casual of players onto something new. As long as anyone anywhere is playing something and cares enough to bring it up in conversation then I'm a happy clam regardless of their race, creed, gender or level of gaming literacy.

[quote name='Corvin']Why would any female gamer attend a place where they know they're outnumbered 20-1 and are going to be ogled by the dregs of society? Real appealing weekend trip. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']attention whores.[/QUOTE]
Neither of you are invited to this year's PAX Prime meetup :nottalking:

[quote name='SaraAB']I don't think female gamers would attend something like PAX because they know what is coming to them if they do, as Corvin said the dredges of society attend this convention and I am sure any respectable female gamer or not does not wish to be oogled at by these types of people. Conventions are generally disgusting places full of unwashed people so I can see why most females, or self respecting people in general don't want to go.[/QUOTE]
i've staffed anime conventions and i've had pretty girls working under me in the gaming department. none of them ever had to put up with any of the crap that you mentioned. they liked the work. they ran tournaments like i taught them to. they didn't get any lewd remarks or questions.

really, get over yourself.
you're not the only cool elite gamer that's socially-adjusted. there are many out there.

[quote name='SaraAB']
I don't think female gamers would attend something like PAX because they know what is coming to them if they do [...] the dredges of society [...] generally disgusting places full of unwashed people[/QUOTE]

How exactly do you expect the situation to improve if well adjusted, non smelly people of all genders don't attend?! Talk about a self fulfilling prophecy :(

Seriously, these convention cliches are as tired as the girl gamer ones. Been to two PAXs so far, one East and one Prime, and though there's a very small number of your stereotypical unwashed types, the majority of fellow con-goers I saw and chatted with-- guys and girls-- were pretty normal (albeit with a certain hardcore gamer enthusiasm).

Also, generally the only people who get ogled at are the cosplayers and famous/semi-famous types.

I think maxim could find plenty of female gamers and they wouldn't have to look very far, if they went to a pinball/arcade convention, something like what goes on in York PA (that's just the biggest and most famous one I can think of right now). They are acting like female gamers are rare, when I don't think that is true at all. I think someone who is enthusiastic about pinball or arcade games would definitely qualify for this contest, and there are plenty that go to these types of events.

I have been to arcade/pinball events and they are a ton of fun and I have been to anime conventions with unwashed, smelly people, but it probably depends a lot on which convention you go to and who you run into while you are there. Also con goes may have cleaned up their act from the convention I went to several years ago, while the people there were very nice there is a certain odor that comes with anime con's. I just have issue with the fact that conventions require traveling and are generally very expensive to attend (the con seems to want to rip off attendee's as much as possible on basics such as food and water and most hotels do not allow you to bring food and water into the rooms), and I also have issues with staying in hotels because I am extremely paranoid of bedbugs. If you get bedbugs in your house then you have to throw out everything you own to get rid of them completely since the bugs are now resistant to chemicals, and for me that would be my worst nightmare since I am extremely attached to my stuff, and I have a lot of stuff.

[quote name='SaraAB']I think maxim could find plenty of female gamers and they wouldn't have to look very far, if they went to a pinball/arcade convention, something like what goes on in York PA (that's just the biggest and most famous one I can think of right now). They are acting like female gamers are rare, when I don't think that is true at all. I think someone who is enthusiastic about pinball or arcade games would definitely qualify for this contest, and there are plenty that go to these types of events.[/quote]
well we all know maxim doesn't really give a damn about representing the community, they'll probably just get some hot girl that probably watched someone play call of duty, put her in sexy outfits and do stupid videogame stuff while taking pictures of her in compromising positions.

Yeah that's my point, really not hard to find female gamers at all, if they really wanted to find some that are real gamers and not just to be a sex magnet for the magazine they would go looking for them for themselves.

Every time a girl plays a video game, a sandwhich was never made.

I find these gamer girl things annoying. Xbox has something like this I see pop up on the dashboard every now and then. I'm not even sure what it is but I always think:

who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif

[FONT=&quot]Let her play with your balls and give your dick the best handjob possible until you can’t hold back any longer, and then blast your cum all over her tits and face. [/FONT]

[quote name='Chisholm'][FONT=&quot]Let her play with your balls and give your dick the best handjob possible until you can’t hold back any longer, and then blast your cum all over her tits and face. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Did you join just to post this?

Entirely appropriate for post #69 in this thread.

[quote name='Chisholm'][FONT=&quot]Let her play with your balls and give your dick the best handjob possible until you can’t hold back any longer, and then blast your cum all over her tits and face. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

What about her back?

You know the spot.

bread's done
Back