Let's talk Skyrim! (Gameplay footage inside.)

[quote name='Vinny']I finally finished that fight. There were a group of kat people who were also fighting both dragons so I only had to deal with one at a time. I killed the regular one, killed the blood dragon, then killed the mastodon and giant (hey, it was gloves off this time).

Is there any point in keeping Dragon Scales/Bones? I've got 29 of each and looked up what they're useful for and you can only use them to make Dragon Armor if you're level 100 smiting? I don't plan on playing this game that much...[/QUOTE]

Well, if you don't power level smithing then you will most likely never get to 100 smithing skill. But yeah, Dragon Scales/Bones are only used to make Dragon Armor, although it takes a lot of those ingredients to make that armor.

If you won't get to 100 smithing though, then just sell them off. They are useless otherwise.

You should note that smithing is probably the easiest thing to power level. Buy up a shitload of iron, buy up a shitload of leather strips, and pound out daggers. If you want to power-level enchanting, use them with some of your weaker soul gems - you'll get a good bit of money out of it, especially if you use an expensive enchantment like health-leech.

Yeah that is true, power leveling smithing is the easiest to do. Buy as much Leather as possible, turn the leather into strips, buy all the Iron Ingots you can find and make 20K daggers. Just sell them back to the blacksmith after you make them. It takes a lot of money + the time it takes to "wait" 24 hours for the smiths to resupply, but its real easy.

Power leveling enchanting is somewhat easy but the problem is that even weak soul gems aren't toooo common, and empty Lesser/Petty ones are not easy to find from shopkeepers. (at least in any amount more then 2).

[quote name='The Crotch']You should note that smithing is probably the easiest thing to power level. Buy up a shitload of iron, buy up a shitload of leather strips, and pound out daggers. If you want to power-level enchanting, use them with some of your weaker soul gems - you'll get a good bit of money out of it, especially if you use an expensive enchantment like health-leech.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Yeah that is true, power leveling smithing is the easiest to do. Buy as much Leather as possible, turn the leather into strips, buy all the Iron Ingots you can find and make 20K daggers. Just sell them back to the blacksmith after you make them. It takes a lot of money + the time it takes to "wait" 24 hours for the smiths to resupply, but its real easy.

Power leveling enchanting is somewhat easy but the problem is that even weak soul gems aren't toooo common, and empty Lesser/Petty ones are not easy to find from shopkeepers. (at least in any amount more then 2).[/QUOTE]

I tried that route but don't have any good enchantments. I can sell the enchanted daggers for ~70 each so it's little to no gain for me. I've got tons of leather strips and probably 50 lesser/common soul gems... just wish I could find something with a good resale value enchantment (banish is supposedly the best one).

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 51 archer.100 sneak,100 archery,100 single handed,100 lock picking; working on conjuration and enchanting.I've gotten to a point in the game where quests send me to places I've already cleared.
I've cleared the Silver hand hideout 3 times.
Ancient dragons are more of a concern now.

So I just got to Riften for the first time, and I'm disappointed that there's no way to team up with Mjoll the Lioness to take on the Thieves Guild and end the corruption in the city.

I'm at the final area. It kinda sucks without Lydia to help me add to the damage against enemies... combat definitely seems to be longer without her.

[quote name='ihadFG']So I just got to Riften for the first time, and I'm disappointed that there's no way to team up with Mjoll the Lioness to take on the Thieves Guild and end the corruption in the city.[/QUOTE]

You know, I thought the same exact thing... I figured there would be some major quest involving her as soon as I entered the city but nope, she's just a regular NPC.

Well you can get her as a helper if you find her axe or something. So you could still do it together. Granted it probably wouldnt be as involved as most would hope.

I just "beat" the game and... it froze on me as the final boss was dying.:roll: Well, luckily, the final boss was just that and not one of those grueling, multi-stage boss fights.

I've just been using Barbas. He is the worst. He is always underfoot and it's so hard to read book titles on bookshelves. God forbid I go somewhere with doorways. Also- whenever there is an important story moment where I'm supposed to be standing still watching something, that fucker always runs into me and slides me out of view or turns me around to where I can't see what is happening.

I hate him, but he tanks so good. When you are fighting Mages and they put up a ward, I throw my fireballs at him and the explosion usually takes them out.

I left Lydia's dumb ass at Breezehome the entirety of the game for a reason. The companion AI is just so frustratingly obtuse that I'd rather have a harder time fighting alone than having to babysit someone. Lydia can't figure out how to use a chair, how could I ever expect her to fight? She will legitimately get up, turn around, and sit back down in the chair in the master bedroom of Breezehome for hours.

One day, Lydia, Fus Ro Dah to the moon.

I've begun the modding metagame since I've lost steam playing it. I spend more time tinkering with mods (finding, tweaking, creating) than anything else.

I upgraded Breezehome to the max, and Lydia just stays in her stupid little chair. It cracks me up when I come home and she make some comment to the effect of me being an intruder. One day, I found a Whiterun guard in the house. Awkward.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']I left Lydia's dumb ass at Breezehome the entirety of the game for a reason. The companion AI is just so frustratingly obtuse that I'd rather have a harder time fighting alone than having to babysit someone. Lydia can't figure out how to use a chair, how could I ever expect her to fight? She will legitimately get up, turn around, and sit back down in the chair in the master bedroom of Breezehome for hours.

One day, Lydia, Fus Ro Dah to the moon.

I've begun the modding metagame since I've lost steam playing it. I spend more time tinkering with mods (finding, tweaking, creating) than anything else.[/QUOTE]

yeah i dumped her after a while because she always ran into battle even if i told her to stay which can make fighting dragons frustrating. oddly enough i fired her in my home and now everytime i go in there shes still there.

Lydia is okay.
Couldn't stand Barbas, dam annoying voice actor.So,I just retured him to his master.
Besides,I could use someone
sacrifice

Speaking of your (second) spoiler, I can't get the conversation after to trigger. Every time I try to talk with that person, she repeats her first two remarks. I think SkyBoost may be causing it, will test that later.

So I'm late to this thread. I was wondering if anyone had any weird (glitch) stories?

I have two with Letrush. Once when I was delivering Frost to him a spriggin and two spiders attacked us. Well when the dust settled and the spiders and spriggin were dead I look over to see Frost and Letrush fighting! The only thing I could think of was that I might have hit him on accident and Frost acted like a companion.

Another was several quests and real days later I was going to some bandit cave to find/kill something/someone and so as I'm sneaking on these ice wolves to kill with the my nice x15 damage. Letrush comes running up yelling something about being surrounded and starts attacking the ice wolves. I help him out and kill the wolves and then he just keeps running away without Frost mind you.

Some others include the Jarl of Riften teleporting around the room while I talked to the Steward, enemies teleporting away right as I try to sneak attack and of course giants putting me in their mile high club.

saw a mammoth pop up in the air really high for no reason at all only to fall and die and yes i collected his items lol.

als before 1.03 update i had a dragon that flew backwards and would fly away from you off into the distance so you couldnt kill it.

Yeah, I've had a couple mammoths falling from the sky.

Only really good bug I've had is the horse-and-rider that appeared in front of me one rainy night. I tried to run up to it, but it went straight sideways like a motherfucker - horse legs not even moving - and clipped into the side of a mountain.

I've encountered a few profitable fast travels where I traveled somewhere and for some magical reason, there was a dead dragon waiting for me. I absorb a new soul and get some nice, pricey dragon bones.

Once the same thing happened, but with a horse.

Had that happen to me once, nice bonus[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I've encountered a few profitable fast travels where I traveled somewhere and for some magical reason, there was a dead dragon waiting for me. I absorb a new soul and get some nice, pricey dragon bones.

Once the same thing happened, but with a horse.[/QUOTE]

Current 1.4 Changelog (all platforms unless noted)
NEW FEATURES

• Skyrim launcher support for Steam Workshop (PC)
BUG FIXES

• General optimizations for memory and performance
  • Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequin’s in player’s house. (PS3)
  • Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
  • Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
  • Memory optimizations related to scripting
  • Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
  • Fixed crash in Haemar’s Shame if player had already completed “A Daedra’s Best Friend”
  • Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
  • Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
  • Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
  • Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
  • Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
  • Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player’s home
  • Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player’s house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any furnishing.
  • Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
  • Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
  • Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
  • Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
  • Fixed memory crash with container menu
  • Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
  • Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor’s Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
  • Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally not fail
  • Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks
QUEST FIXES

• The Unusual Gem inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing “Diplomatic Immunity”
  • In “Breaching Security”, the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
  • Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if “Season Unending” was an active quest
  • Fixed issue where starting “Season Unending” after finishing “Joining the Stormcloaks” would prevent “The Jagged Crown” from starting properly.
  • Fixed issue progressing through “Message to Whiterun” while “Season Unending” was still open would block progression for both quests.
  • In “Arniel’s Endeavor”, fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
  • In “Forbidden Legend”, the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
  • Fixed rare issue in “Forbidden Legend” where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
  • In “The White Phial”, the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
  • “The White Phial” will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
  • Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing “A Night to Remember”
  • Fixed issue where leaving Riften during “A Chance Arrangement” would prevent quest from progressing
  • In “Darkness Returns”, a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
  • In “Under New Management”, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
  • “Onmund’s Request” will now start properly if player has already found Enthir’s staff before receiving this quest
  • Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
  • “Repairing the Phial” will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
  • Finding Pantea’s Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
  • In “The Coming of the Dawn”, fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
  • Fixed rare issue in “The Mind of Madness” where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
  • Fixed issue in “Pieces of the Past” where Mehrunes Dagon’s Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
  • “Blood’s Honor” will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
  • Fixed rare issue where “Dampened Spirits” would not start properly
  • Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
  • Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine woud block progression for “No One Escapes Cidhna Mine”
  • Fixed numerous issues with “Blood on the Ice” not triggering properly
  • In “Blood on the Ice”, Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
  • In “The Cure for Madness”, killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
  • Fixed rare issue in “To Kill an Empire” where an NPC would fail to die properly
  • Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting “Boethiah’s Champion” no longer prevents quest from starting.

Let's hope that it fixes the PS3 0fps stuff.

I need a fix on all the bards college side quests. The npc talks like I've completed the quest but the "turn in" dialogue option, the item in my inventory, and the quest in my list is still there. So I have something like 10# of musical equipment I have to constantly lug around

Are you playing on PC? If so, open up the console (~), don't click on anything, and type:

player.showinventory

Then use page up and page down to find the stuck item (I think it just goes by the generic name; "Lute" rather than "Asshole's Lute" or whatever). See the bunch of numbers - and sometimes letters - beside it?

Okay. Now:

player.removeitem numberbesideitemgoeshere 1

If you just want to set it down and not destroy it altogether, then:

player.drop numberbesideitemgoeshere 1

Congratulations. No more inappropriately flagged quest items in your inventory.

1.4 released on Steam and will be submitted for cert to Sony and Microsoft sometime this week.

Today we've taken Skyrim's 1.4 update out of beta and made it available for everyone on Steam. In addition to bug and quest fixes, 1.4 adds launcher support for the Skyrim Workshop. Currently we're putting the final touches on the Creation Kit and Skyrim Workshop and will let everyone know as soon as they're up.

As an update to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users, we're submitting 1.4 to the console manufacturers this week. When these updates are available, we'll let everyone know.

Here's the final 1.4 changelog (changes impact all platforms unless noted)

NEW FEATURES
  • Skyrim launcher support for Skyrim Workshop (PC)
BUG FIXES
  • General optimizations for memory and performance
  • Fixed occasional issue with armor and clothing not displaying properly when placed on mannequins in player's house (PS3)
  • Long term play optimizations for memory and performance (PS3)
  • Improved compiler optimization settings (PC)
  • Memory optimizations related to scripting
  • Fixed issue with dangling scripts not properly clearing from memory
  • Fixed crashes related to pathing and AI
  • Fixed crash in "Haemar's Shame" if player had already completed "A Daedra's Best Friend"
  • Fixed rare crash with loading saved games
  • Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line
  • Fixed issue where dragon priest masks would not render correctly
  • Fixed issue where quests would incorrectly progress after reloading a save
  • Fixed issues with placing and removing books from bookshelves in the player's home
  • Optimized bookshelf script in player-owned houses that would occasionally block other scripts from properly firing off
  • Fixed issue where weapon racks and plaques would not work correctly in player's house if player immediately visits their house before purchasing any upgrades
  • Fixed issue where the player house in Windhelm would not clean up properly
  • Fixed crash related to giant attacks and absorb spells
  • Fixed issue with ash piles not cleaning up properly
  • Fixed occasional issue where overwriting an existing save would fail
  • Fixed memory crash with container menu
  • Fixed infinite loop with bookshelves
  • Fixed issue where transforming back to human from werewolf would occasionally fail
  • Bows and daggers will display properly when placed on weapon racks
  • Fixed occasional audio issue that would play sound effects louder than intended
  • Fixed bug related to hitching between cell boundaries
  • Master Criminal achievement/trophy unlocks properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian
  • Fixed issue where traps in Shalidor's Maze would not work properly in French, German, Spanish and Italian versions
QUEST FIXES
  • The Unusual Gem that was inside the Thalmor Embassy is now accessible after finishing "Diplomatic Immunity"
  • In "Breaching Security", the quest token is no longer required to receive a fortune reading from Olava the Feeble
  • Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if "Season Unending" was an active quest
  • Fixed issue where starting "Season Unending" after finishing "Joining the Stormcloaks" would prevent "The Jagged Crown" from starting properly
  • Fixed issue where progressing through "Message to Whiterun" while "Season Unending" was still open would block progression for both quests
  • In "Arniel's Endeavor", fixed issue where a quest journal would trigger multiple times
  • In "Forbidden Legend", the amulet fragment can no longer disappear after player leaves a dungeon without taking it
  • Fixed rare issue in "Forbidden Legend" where killing Mikrul Gauldurson while sneaking would make his corpse unaccessible
  • In "The White Phial", the phial can no longer disappear if player leaves dungeon without taking it
  • "The White Phial" will now start properly if player already has a briar heart in their inventory
  • Player can no longer get stuck in Misty Grove after completing "A Night to Remember"
  • Fixed issue where leaving Riften during "A Chance Arrangement" would prevent quest from progressing
  • In "Darkness Returns", a door in Twilight Sepulcher will properly open if the player leaves the dungeon for an extended period of time before completing the quest
  • In "Revealing the Unseen", if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly
  • "Onmund's Request" will now start properly if player has already found Enthir's staff before receiving this quest
  • Fixed instance where Tonilia would stop buying stolen items and also would not give Guild Leader Armor
  • "Repairing the Phial" will start properly if player already has unmelting snow or mammoth tusk in their inventory
  • Finding Pantea's Flute before speaking with Pantea no longer prevents her quest from updating
  • In "The Break of Dawn", fixed rare instance where a quest object would spawn incorrectly on the Katariah during Hail Sithis
  • Fixed rare issue in "The Mind of Madness" where player is unable to equip the Wabbajack
  • Fixed issue in "Pieces of the Past" where Mehrunes Dagon's Razor will not trigger properly if player leaves the cell for extended period of time before activating it
  • "Blood's Honor" will start properly if you visited and completed Driftshade and an extended period of time passes before starting the quest.
  • Fixed rare issue where "Dampened Spirits" would not start properly
  • Fixed issue where player would be unable to become Thane of Riften if they purchased a home first
  • Fixed issue where killing guards in Cidhna Mine would block progression for "No One Escapes Cidhna Mine"
  • Fixed numerous issues with "Blood on the Ice" not triggering properly
  • In "Blood on the Ice", Calixto can now be killed if player owns a house in Windhelm
  • In "The Cure for Madness", killing Cicero then resurrecting him no longer impedes quest progress
  • Fixed rare issue in "To Kill an Empire" where an NPC would fail to die properly
  • Clearing Knifepoint Ridge before starting "Boethiah's Champion" no longer prevents quest from starting.

My understanding is the Creation Kit/Steam Workshop is going to make mods more accessible more to the avg gamer (who otherwise wouldn't venture to Nexus) than it will improve the quality of the high-end mods. Is that a fair assessment?

I've been keeping an eye on Nexus and it seems like that's the general impression over there. Essential mods like SkyUI or the map mods or dragon difficulty mods that are already out there aren't going to be improved upon through the Creation Kit.

If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

And if anyone would like to provide a state-of-the-mods summary for Skyrim, it would be much appreciated. Once the Creation Kit's released, I'll probably wait another 3-4 months and then finally get the game, mod it up, and go to town.

Whelp. I wiped all of the game data and saves, rebuilt the database, and started a completely fresh and new game on the PS3 version with the 1.4 update.

After a week of playing the framerate issues are back. They aren't as severe but they still render it unplayable and that's what matters.

After three awful PS3 ports in a row with this bullshit I'm done with Bethesda.

No framerate issues here, on PS3 with 13 MB save and 200 hours.

http://kotaku.com/5885358/why-skyrim-didnt-play-nice-with-the-ps3
-------------------------
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was a wonderful game on the PC and a fine game on the Xbox 360. On the PlayStation 3, however, it had issues for some players. Lag issues. Horrible, game-killing lag issues. Issues that made some Sony console owners shout that the game shouldn't be Game of the Year.

What went wrong? And why have the game's developers at Bethesda struggled to fix it?

At the DICE Summit in Las Vegas last week, Bethesda's chief game designer, Todd Howard, explained:

"We did a ton more testing this time around, so the game is definitely our most solid release regardless of platform," Howard told me, building on what we had discussed prior to the game's release regarding the extra steps Bethesda was taking to squash the bugs common to the team's open-ended games.

"The way our dynamic stuff and our scripting works, it's obvious it gets in situations where it taxes the PS3. And we felt we had a lot of it under control. But for certain users it literally depends on how they play the game, varied over a hundred hours and literally what spells they use. Did they go in this building? [And so on.]"

One popular theory was that the lag on PS3 was due to a gamer's large save files.

"No it's not," Howard said. "That's the common misconception. It's literally the things you've done in what order and what's running. Some of the things are literally what spells do you have hot-keyed? Because, as you switch to them, they handle memory differently."

Howard said his developers knew that the PS3 was going to run into a "bad memory situation" and tried to tweak their code to prevent it from happening. He believes only "a small percentage" of gamers would run into this issues, but it was enough for Bethesda to want to fix things post-release.

"The 1.2 patch [released in November] took care of a lot of it," he said.

Problem solved? Gamers all relieved and in the clear? Not after that 1.2 patch. "There were clearly people that weren't," he said. "We didn't know why. So they sent us their saved games." Gamers submitted save files throughout December and Bethesda pored over them, trying to find the situations that screwed up the PlayStation 3's memory usage.

On the day Howard and I spoke, patch 1.4 was coming out, and Howard was hopeful that the work done using those save files would straighten the game out for more PS3 users. But he was also realistic about securing all the memory problems. The new patch, he told me, "takes care of those we have seen that are bad. So we're very confident a lot more people are going to be in a very good situation, but we're not ... " He paused.

"Now that we've been through this, we're not naïve enough to say, 'We have seen everything,' because we have to assume we haven't. There are still going to be some people who have to come back to us and say, 'Ok, my situation is this.' [Our response is:] 'OK, send us your saved game.' We literally need to look at what you have running. We tried doing it through e-mail. We need to open the saved game comes up and look at it. Wr've got one guy who has seven dragons on the other side of the world, and a siege about to happen in this city and another 20 quests running. And, ok, this is what the game is trying to do and it's having a hard time running that."

They're working on it PS3, gamers. They thought they had it licked. Expect things to improve, one step at a time.

I've got a 95 hour game, 12MB save file, and I get a lot of lag and system crashes still.

Haven't played a lot since the last patch went in this week, so if that fixed any of it, i don't know.

Question about Patching and Modding brought on by this reply in GGT:
[quote name='The Crotch']
Destruction magic is terrible in Skyrim. I mean, it starts off just fine, but its scaling is terrible - melee combat and archery have perks and enchantments that boost damage, but magic mostly has stuff that lowers cost, so killing things with pure destruction magic gets to be a huge pain in the ass as the game goes on. The fact that spells become progressively harder to use as they become more advanced doesn't help, either.

There are a ton of mods for that, though.[/QUOTE]

Will Bethesda incorporate fundamental changes like damage scaling on spells into a patch? Or is that left to mods, and patches are exclusively bug/quest fixes? That's where I'm confused with how the release n' patch methodology works.

As an example in a similar game, I've seen for FNV that its lead designer (from Obsidian) released his "personal" mod with changes he felt appropriate. It got me wondering why they didn't put those changes into the game itself. Granted, he was crafting his own hardmode, but still, his changes hint that the lead designer of the game was unsatisfied with certain basics. I mean, if you think mob kills yield too much XP, you don't have to halve it, but why not reduce it by 20% unilaterally in a patch? If stimpaks heal too much, change that too! I know that a patch reduced the DPS of certain weapons, so the FNV patches weren't just bug fixes -- they changed fundamental gameplay in FNV.

I guess I'm wondering the same thing on Skyrim. From Bethesda's POV, when it comes to gameplay issues (i.e. not bugs), what distinguishes "To hell with it, somebody can mod that" from "Yeah, that affects gameplay adversely and we should fix that now"?

Based on past history?

It's a mod thing. As noted above, the specific issue of destruction turning to shit after a while has many mods already released for it. Bethesda very rarely deals with stuff like this. Any further contributions the developers have to balance and gameplay will come through DLC.

Nor do they deal with the majority of the bugs that the game ships with. Played Oblivion on PC? Then you probably downloaded the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (and its Shivering Isles equivalent). Same for Fallout 3. Same for New Vegas (though the division of responsibility between Obsidian and Bethesda on that one was a little unclear). Before all those, there was the Unofficial Morrowind Patch.

This might be an interesting read for you.

Thanks for that link, that answers my question directly. I didn't know if they folded mods into their official patches.

I'm aware of mods and I'm willing to use them, but for people who don't know any better, they're stuck with whatever the patch does. And console folks...yikes (as evidenced by the PS3 problems). It's just surprising to me that a game designer could see something as fundamentally flawed as damage scaling and not say, "hey, throw that in the patch why you're at it." I suppose they have other work to do, it's just if you've already got legions of gamers doing free QA for you, and they've identified precisely the change to be made to balance/correct an issue, why not put that to use for everyone? That way the game is improved beyond the modding community.

I don't expect an answer there, just wondering aloud. I'm sure they have better things to do, and at some point you have to "let it go."

I highly recommend you run that guy's mod, by the way. Tons of tiny fixes. Stacking headgear, non-functioning enchantments, weapons using the wrong perks, weapons using the wrong sound effects, equipment made out of the wrong material, typoes in item names, etc.

Once Bethesda is done patching and the Unofficial Skyrim Patch is released, would they incorporate mods like WAF seeing as how it cleans up lots of little issues with content? Or do they stick exclusively to bug/quest fixes? I went to the USP website and it's basically a bugfix journal.

Incorporated into the USP, you mean? Well, I can't say for sure, but... I expect they would. It's hard to be specific because 1: I can't think of an equivalent to the WAF in any previous Bethesda game and 2: there are a few changes that some people might consider "flavour" or "preference", not "fix".

Video 1.4 on PS3 video and judging by the support forums and my own personal experience I expect to see more soon.

Like I said it's not as severe as before but it still ruins the experience.

so is it possible to join up with the
stormcloaks and then the legion
or is it once you choose a side all those missions are closed to you and are there any other instances like that that happen in the game?

[quote name='lokizz']so is it possible to join up with the
stormcloaks and then the legion
or is it once you choose a side all those missions are closed to you and are there any other instances like that that happen in the game?[/QUOTE]
Once you join one side you can't join the other and no the civil war is the only part of the game where you have to choose a side

^not true. It's an either/or thing.

The only missable trophies (from what I recall), are the thieve's guild's last trophy (if you can't find the armor when it's time to upgrade), and some of the daedric quests (if for some reason you don't get the artifact)

[quote name='nbballard']^not true. It's an either/or thing.

The only missable trophies (from what I recall), are the thieve's guild's last trophy (if you can't find the armor when it's time to upgrade), and some of the daedric quests (if for some reason you don't get the artifact)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's right. If you miss an artifact on a daedric quest though, there's one that you can get 2 from. And you only need 13 items out of 14 quests.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Yeah, that's right. If you miss an artifact on a daedric quest though, there's one that you can get 2 from. And you only need 13 items out of 14 quests.[/QUOTE]
Correct- and from my understanding you do not hae to keep the items, just earn them.

I did the Ring/Vest combo on the Hircine(sp?) quest because I was tired of doing them but wanted to knock out that trophy.

I think the worst trophy of the bunch has to be the last TG trophy. for those who haven't started doing it- you have to do a main TG quest in each of the 4 major holds, but in order to trigger it, you have to do 5 smaller missions in that area. The quests are random, so you have to keep accepting them and denying them over and over until you get ones for the places you haven't been to yet. Takes forever.

It was made even worse for me since I wasn't triggering any of the events in Windhelm. Turns out that after the Civil War, I ran off when the mission showed complete and didn't finish talking to the general, so he was still standing in there waiting around. I went back and all the troops were still gathered around waiting to find out what had happened. I talked to him, he went outside and informed the men and everyone departed. Windhelm started showing up in the random quests after that.

I noticed the otherday when wondering around by the Whiterun stables that there is a guy named Louis out there... and 2 more guys that look just like him with the same name. They talk at the same time and it's pretty funny. Anyone else have this glitch?

bread's done
Back