Life is Strange Limited Edition - $19.99 at Gamestop

my game wasnt shrinkwrapped. it was opened and got marks on the case. the insert cover art got a small ripped.
That sucks. I bought my gutted copy in-store and sold the game back right away (bought it for the CD and art book)...but I remember that the game was shrinkwrapped when she took it out of the drawer (and it was definitely the correct LE copy as the case had the "not for resale" notice on the back).

i must have lucked out. Mine arrived in a surprisingly big box with a lot of padding material. The game is non-gutted and still factory sealed and the game box is flawless.

just if every order actually arrived like it should (like this one), I'd probably order more often from GS. But I've been burned too many times by them and it's a bit sad when I'm actually relieved to get something from them that isn't gutted or beat up.

That sucks. I bought my gutted copy in-store and sold the game back right away (bought it for the CD and art book)...but I remember that the game was shrinkwrapped when she took it out of the drawer (and it was definitely the correct LE copy as the case had the "not for resale" notice on the back).
mine wasnt either like the pics show

at this point....you know what you're getting at gamestop....why piss and moan about it still? It's like going to a poop store, and then being shocked when you come home with poop. or it's like going to a cake store and then being shocked when the cake store won't serve you a lobster.

the point is....we all know gamestop....if you hate them STOP fuckING SHOPPING THERE. if you don't care, then go shop at them.

theres so many game options at this point, the fact gamestop still exists and isnt bankrupt tells me most people really dont care despite every internet gamestop thread is the same whining.

Last edited by a moderator:
at this point....you know what you're getting at gamestop....why piss and moan about it still? It's like going to a poop store, and then being shocked when you come home with poop. or it's like going to a cake store and then being shocked when the cake store won't serve you a lobster.

the point is....we all know gamestop....if you hate them STOP fuckING SHOPPING THERE. if you don't care, then go shop at them.

theres so many game options at this point, the fact gamestop still exists and isnt bankrupt tells me most people really dont care despite every internet gamestop thread is the same whining.
I agree with you to a point. But in this case where Best Buy, most Targets, and I think Amazon had the X1 version for a while, GS was a last resort. Yeah it's nice when all of those stores have stock and you can PM the game, but you can't always do that. I know most people will agree that they don't shop at GameStop for whatever reason, and honestly I feel like it's a chore when I have to go there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

i must have lucked out. Mine arrived in a surprisingly big box with a lot of padding material. The game is non-gutted and still factory sealed and the game box is flawless.

just if every order actually arrived like it should (like this one), I'd probably order more often from GS. But I've been burned too many times by them and it's a bit sad when I'm actually relieved to get something from them that isn't gutted or beat up.
Lol nice to know someone got a mint copy, I was starting to feel bad xD.

All good on my end. One of the copies is slightly torn at the top corner. Both arrived sealed

c8aw7.jpg

I agree with you to a point. But in this case where Best Buy, most Targets, and I think Amazon had the X1 version for a while, GS was a last resort. Yeah it's nice when all of those stores have stock and you can PM the game, but you can't always do that. I know most people will agree that they don't shop at GameStop for whatever reason, and honestly I feel like it's a chore when I have to go there.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
well thats the price we sometimes pay for being a CAG and waiting for clearance....clearance is the very definition of YMMV bottom of the barrel stock with sometimes pristine stock mixed in. if you dont want to risk having to rely on gamestop then buy the game sooner. I mean really....how many of us want this game versus how many just want a cheap out of print collectors edition? if you are the later then well....you waited for clearance, its your own fault. if its the former? well does your game work? then you should be happy you got a game you want plus some cool extras for a good price.

well thats the price we sometimes pay for being a CAG and waiting for clearance....clearance is the very definition of YMMV bottom of the barrel stock with sometimes pristine stock mixed in. if you dont want to risk having to rely on gamestop then buy the game sooner. I mean really....how many of us want this game versus how many just want a cheap out of print collectors edition? if you are the later then well....you waited for clearance, its your own fault. if its the former? well does your game work? then you should be happy you got a game you want plus some cool extras for a good price.
are u fuck ing kidding me? so its my fault to buy some limited edition listed as new and to expect to receive a new sealed copy??? only u and gameshitop can justify that

its not about whether a game works or not, if someone paid the new price they should be getting a new game and not an opened one, if someone tries returning a gutted game to Gamestop, guess what, they'll be told that its used since its opened

Was all set to head to the only store near me that has a copy in stock "gutted" or not, but see that it's not on sale anymore. Darn it, couldn't they have kept it on sale for the remainder of the week?

I got very lucky, received my PS4 version well packed in a box. Sorry to hear all the horrible bubble mailer nightmares.....

Edit: forgot to mention the one I got was sealed and not damaged...

are u fuck ing kidding me? so its my fault to buy some limited edition listed as new and to expect to receive a new sealed copy??? only u and gameshitop can justify that
It's totally logical to expect new because that's it what is because that is how it's described. Problem is you knew there was a chance it could be gutted and/or in bad condition.

You know GME won't change their practices. And until people stop buying their questionable products... Then they will continue to do it until serious penalties are levied. You're not helping your cause.

I placed one on hold at a store that had one new. Got there and it was gutted and in horrible condition. Passed on it. With big businesses you always vote with your wallet. Sorry dude, but that's the reality of this situation right now. Not satisfied? Return it. Or just don't buy it. Simple right?

It's totally logical to expect new because that's it what is because that is how it's described. Problem is you knew there was a chance it could be gutted and/or in bad condition.

You know GME won't change their practices. And until people stop buying their questionable products... Then they will continue to do it until serious penalties are levied. You're not helping your cause.

I placed one on hold at a store that had one new. Got there and it was gutted and in horrible condition. Passed on it. With big businesses you always vote with your wallet. Sorry dude, but that's the reality of this situation right now. Not satisfied? Return it. Or just don't buy it. Simple right?
Thats true. Everyone shouldnt support gamestop. if GS the only place that has the game u want to buy, get it from there. I had to buy it from GS cause Best Buy dont have it and GS has it on sale.

yep. very fair and simple. this is my second and last order, and im def not buying from gs online ever again. hell i wont even feel bad to fuck gs with TIVs any more

yep. very fair and simple. this is my second and last order, and im def not buying from gs online ever again. hell i wont even feel bad to fuck gs with TIVs any more
I'm in the same boat after this Life is Strange transaction that I just passed on.

It sucks for sure, but I think it's time I voted with the wallet. Not just on certain transactions, but overall just cut them out of the budget.

then stop fucking shopping there, no exceptions.

oh wait you wont, 95% of people wont because if they actually followed through with this threat, en mass, as the internet says they do, then gamestop would go out of business. so the reality is, no you are not serious. statistically speaking, odds are you are not serious. so you will shop there, knowing full well their practices, and knowing full well they won't change.

who's fault is this? don't go to a bakery expecting lobster.

Yeah, my GS transactions over the years have never been numerous, but I do shop there from time to time. I have a friend who's a manager, so I do most of my transactions at his store, but that isn't the best option, as his store is across town. The shop closest to me, has a few decent employees, so I do shop there from time to time, as they are cool to deal with.

At the end of the day, I know what their limitations are as a business, and act accordingly. They do fit a need, but for anyone expecting the ugly duckling to all of a sudden become a beautiful swan, is living in a fairy-tale. GS is only going to get worse, as the more the industry changes to digital, they will begin to loose revenue, and when that happens, more dramatic actions will begin to take place. In a few years gutted games will be the least of their problems, get out while you can. LOL

then stop fucking shopping there, no exceptions.

oh wait you wont, 95% of people wont because if they actually followed through with this threat, en mass, as the internet says they do, then gamestop would go out of business. so the reality is, no you are not serious. statistically speaking, odds are you are not serious. so you will shop there, knowing full well their practices, and knowing full well they won't change.

who's fault is this? don't go to a bakery expecting lobster.
wow maybe u need to learn how to read. as I said, this is my second (and def the last) ever transaction with GS online, the first order was 3 used games (they even messed that up by sending NBA2k15 as LBP3, but they let me keep the 2k15 and send me the LBP3 so no harm done there), then the 2nd order is this. And as all the other threads saying, GS was the only place to get the LIS LE, and watever your logic is (to go to bakery to expect lobster), no, this is not consumers' fault, blahblahblah.

too tired to finish this meaningless shit (wats the point? u cant even read. and where the hell did u get those stats? lmao). all in all, im not gonna shop at gs.com again and u, sir, are an asshole

Yeah, my GS transactions over the years have never been numerous, but I do shop there from time to time. I have a friend who's a manager, so I do most of my transactions at his store, but that isn't the best option, as his store is across town. The shop closest to me, has a few decent employees, so I do shop there from time to time, as they are cool to deal with.

At the end of the day, I know what their limitations are as a business, and act accordingly. They do fit a need, but for anyone expecting the ugly duckling to all of a sudden become a beautiful swan, is living in a fairy-tale. GS is only going to get worse, as the more the industry changes to digital, they will begin to loose revenue, and when that happens, more dramatic actions will begin to take place. In a few years gutted games will be the least of their problems, get out while you can. LOL
i just realized i was arguing with THE KANYE lol, no wonder whatever he says doesnt make sense.

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same situation. theres a very cool manager (whos, I suspect, in love with me, as she lets me trade in multiple copies of the same game and gives me employee discount from time to time lol) in the store near me, I shop there from time to time especially when i have a coupon or theres some boomerang opportunity. but most of my games come from BB or even gamefly, everything i bought from gs are basically gone except some old ps3 games that I picked up for dirt cheap (eg. $1 for GOW3 and $2 for MGS4)

Had a completely sealed, shrink-wrapped copy came in. It came from the returns department so I got worried at first, but I bundled it with a used Vita game as well, so possibly they ordered it from a warehouse or something so it wasn't gutted.

Also, not to excuse Gamestop or anything, but I think the phrase "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." applies here. I see this also in the Dell Preorder thread, you just can't go in with high expectations with these companies. Every company messes up, and it's naive to think they can't break the rules and that all will be perfect just because they say it will be.

ok, i just successfully returned my gutted copy at a local gs store and got refunded 29.99+tax on a gift card lmao

Sorry I meant the gift card since you were done with Gamestop. Just wanted to get in on that before anyone else makes an offer.

wow maybe u need to learn how to read. as I said, this is my second (and def the last) ever transaction with GS online, the first order was 3 used games (they even messed that up by sending NBA2k15 as LBP3, but they let me keep the 2k15 and send me the LBP3 so no harm done there), then the 2nd order is this. And as all the other threads saying, GS was the only place to get the LIS LE, and watever your logic is (to go to bakery to expect lobster), no, this is not consumers' fault, blahblahblah.

too tired to finish this meaningless shit (wats the point? u cant even read. and where the hell did u get those stats? lmao). all in all, im not gonna shop at gs.com again and u, sir, are an asshole
so to summarize you are a hypocrite.

you return the game, but get a giftcard with an extra 10 dollars(and seem to not care at all)...so you will be back at the store and bitch about it again which once again proves my point.....all you gamestop haters are hypocrites....YOU KEEP GOING BACK TO THE STORE.

so gamestop does something bad....throw a fit....gamestop gives you an error in your favor? then gamestop rocks. standard internet troll.

you say its your second order...but i doubt it. gamestop isnt hurting for money, they are clearly doing fine. clearly no one gives enough of a shit about their store policies to stop shopping there. but hey prove me wrong....give away that 30 dollar gift card for free. oh wait someone already offered to take it off your hands but you said no....so i guess that gamestop hate is a bunch of hot air eh?

so to summarize you are a hypocrite.

you return the game, but get a giftcard with an extra 10 dollars(and seem to not care at all)...so you will be back at the store and bitch about it again which once again proves my point.....all you gamestop haters are hypocrites....YOU KEEP GOING BACK TO THE STORE.

so gamestop does something bad....throw a fit....gamestop gives you an error in your favor? then gamestop rocks. standard internet troll.

you say its your second order...but i doubt it. gamestop isnt hurting for money, they are clearly doing fine. clearly no one gives enough of a shit about their store policies to stop shopping there. but hey prove me wrong....give away that 30 dollar gift card for free. oh wait someone already offered to take it off your hands but you said no....so i guess that gamestop hate is a bunch of hot air eh?
[attachment=22218:QQ截图20160605112438.png]

giphy.gif

that guy actually looked at my receipt very carefully. i honestly dont know why he gave me $30
Because he didn't know how to do his job. The employee is allowed to manually adjust the price of a return when it was previously bought on sale. With it being $10 he might not get corrected unless it becomes an issue with multiple returns he processes.

Congrats on the extra money!

bread's done
Back