Lightning Returns (ps3) pre-order for $20 at microcenter

my order is still unchanged still showing lightning returns available 2-11-14, SKU matches the ffxiii listed though, so im guessing this isnt happening.

microcenter locations in CA, CO, GA, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA

Thanks. Now another question:

Do we still have a regional deals forum?
It's a chain store. It's like Meijer's (spelling?). It actually covers more states than Meijer's, but it's deals are not as noteworthy so you rarely see Microcenter posts. In the past they had a $0.38 Homefront due to a universal coupon.

If Meijer's can constantly have threads, Microcenter deserves this.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a chain store. It's like Meijer's (spelling?). It actually covers more states than Meijer's, but it's deals are not as noteworthy so you rarely see Microcenter posts. In the past they had a $0.38 Homefront due to a universal coupon.

If Meijer's can constantly have threads, Microcenter deserves this.
Well Meijer's has a lot of stores across a few states, Micro Center has a few stores across a lot of states. Both affect enough people to justify being in the main forum if it's a big deal.

Anyway it's been a long time since Micro Center's had anything truely of note.

Agreed, many CAGs should have access to Microcenter store, it's just their game prices suck.

At one point some employee told me they are going to get rid of their games department, guess that didn't happen after all.

Anyways, I saved my "Pre-Sale Reservation" email, we will see how it goes.

my order is still unchanged still showing lightning returns available 2-11-14, SKU matches the ffxiii listed though, so im guessing this isnt happening.

microcenter locations in CA, CO, GA, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TX, VA
Micro Center in Tustin?! It's far from here and the city is awful, so it probably won't be worth doing.

Micro Center in Tustin?! It's far from here and the city is awful, so it probably won't be worth doing.

haha, that and i can see maybe 0 cags getting in on this, seemed, promising on the 3rd when this was posted, now not so much
haha Tustin isn't THAT bad! I reserved it at the Tustin location. My order says "completed" and the listing changed to FF13 with the FF8 description. I have zero faith in it going though. oh well!

Microcenter would still be relevant to CAG if only for the deals on CPUs. They are consistently lower than TigerDirect and Newegg, even once you figure in taxes.  That's of use to those building gaming PCs.

The last good gaming specific deal I got there was when they were blowing out XBL points cards that they 'rescued' from Blockbuster (or was it Circuit City, memory fails me).

Microcenter would still be relevant to CAG if only for the deals on CPUs. They are consistently lower than TigerDirect and Newegg, even once you figure in taxes. That's of use to those building gaming PCs.
QFTMFT

Microcenter simply cannot be beat when it comes to CPU's. I've been buying them there for years.

Going to see if I actually get a ready for pickup email first, it's about a half hour drive for me. If I do then yeah I'll go and argue if need be.
im a lot closer to one, 10 mins and never even knew, might probably be there in the parking lot at 10am with the original email i got on the 3rd. Don't even think they will get the game in at all but worth it if it winds up happening, will post my sob story later

Does microcenter usually send out Ready for Pickup e-mails? My original e-mail says to a copy of that to the store.

Your pre-order reservation has been accepted and will be ready for pickup on 02-11-2014.

spacer.gif

We're confirming that the items you reserved are secured for you and will be held until store closing on 02/21/2014.
spacer.gif

1. Bring Payment.
When you made your reservation, we didn't charge your credit card; we only authorized it to reserve your items. You need to bring an accepted form of payment when you come to pick up your items. 
spacer.gif

2. Bring a Copy.
Print this email, and bring it with you to the store.

(Who I am kidding... they aren't going to have this game in stock...!)

I'm rooting for you guys today, hope you get it.  Snoozed on this deal despite having a very nearby Micro Center and now I'll have nice jealous fits if this works out.

I put in an order but I won't be able to check my local store untl Friday, it's still a good 30 minutes away and I won't be in the area until then.  Hopefully you guys report some good news!

not worth the trip.

shows up in there system as vanilla ffxiii, they seemed really intent on trying to honor the deal but they did not even have any copies of returns available or any guarantees it would come in today or at all, they are supposed to call me back, if they get any today

as ymmv as it gets since it depends on the manager there, one rep tried to pass it off a computer glitch they couldnt do anything about but his supervisor was willing to honor the deal with ZERO effort on my part

not worth the trip.

shows up in there system as vanilla ffxiii, they seemed really intent on trying to honor the deal but they did not even have any copies of returns available or any guarantees it would come in today or at all, they are supposed to call me back, if they get any today

as ymmv as it gets since it depends on the manager there, one rep tried to pass it off a computer glitch they couldnt do anything about but his supervisor was willing to honor the deal with ZERO effort on my part
Thank you for saving me $10 in Gas!

not worth the trip.

Thanks for the effort. In my experience Microcenter employees are usually very helpful, too bad they don't even have the game.

not worth the trip.

Which Microcenter store?

Ha. The description on it is this:

"In a world where an ancient energy known as the Sorceress Power is passed down through generations, the peace of the realm is threatened when the evil Sorceress Ultimecia takes power as ruler of the Galbadia Republic. To restore order, Squall, a member of Balamb Garden Military Academy's elite mercenary force SeeD, other allies from the Garden, and Rinoa, a member of the resistance, join together on a journey that spans time and space."

You guys should really call ahead... There are phone numbers on your reservation slips. 

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Central Chicago store. They do not have the game. They don't even know when they'll be getting it. They told me that the pre-order hold would be good for 3 days. I asked how I'll be notified when they get it as to not cross the 3 day threshold. They had no idea. Good luck. 

Rule #1: Never call ahead.

...Unless you're just calling to see if they have copies in stock and not about your $19.99 "pickup" order. :razz:
That is what I meant. I can only assume nobody is dumb enough to ask if their pricing exploit is intact...

It appears I have assumed poorly.

That is what I meant. I can only assume nobody is dumb enough to ask if their pricing exploit is intact...

It appears I have assumed poorly.
hey think you could pm me the phone number?

they gave me a business card from a stack by the registers to call them back with a disconnected phone number, and i never got any call back from them, also number i tried online rang on hold for 20+ mins twice, not sure if its the right one

Lol I got it for 20 this way my uncle is good friends store manager at one not far away from Ajax Florida manager said cup glitch said come back after lunch time I did hands me 2 pan cards get game I turned round bought new heatsink for my pc as thank you very ymmv I love having managers as friends or family friends of managers

Lol I got it for 20 this way my uncle is good friends store manager at one not far away from Ajax Florida manager said cup glitch said come back after lunch time I did hands me 2 pan cards get game I turned round bought new heatsink for my pc as thank you very ymmv I love having managers as friends or family friends of managers
So they actually had the game?

No manager went got psn cards gave me he asked me if there was anything in store I wanted to buy with credit I said do u have pan cards he's like no come back after my lunch break I'll hook u up come back get 50 and 10 psn paid 20 bux I owed got heatsink for my pc as thank u for him doing so

Alright, well I went to Microcenter and they didn't have it in stock. However they did say they would honor the price when it does come in stock. I'm guessing they won't get any until the end of the month. Even if it comes in at end of March, I'm satisfied. Yay! Definitely YMMV as it depends on the manager at the store!

Well this is the absolutely most YMMV thing ever and don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you.  While picking up my Rayman Legends from BBY tonight I took the print out of my pre-order email with me and told them that I pre-ordered the game from Micro Center but that they weren't going to end up getting it and asked if they would honor the price for me.  The manager had them look up the game on the website by the SKU on the sheet and they agreed to do the match for me since the SKU brought up FF13 at $19.99.  Long story short they were out of stock so they ended up ordering it for me at the same price.

Again, super crazy don't expect it YMMV but I was there anyway and figured there was no harm in asking.

Well this is the absolutely most YMMV thing ever and don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you. While picking up my Rayman Legends from BBY tonight I took the print out of my pre-order email with me and told them that I pre-ordered the game from Micro Center but that they weren't going to end up getting it and asked if they would honor the price for me. The manager had them look up the game on the website by the SKU on the sheet and they agreed to do the match for me since the SKU brought up FF13 at $19.99. Long story short they were out of stock so they ended up ordering it for me at the same price.

Again, super crazy don't expect it YMMV but I was there anyway and figured there was no harm in asking.
:shock: :hot: :cold:

I am most definitely giving this a shot.

:shock: :hot: :cold:

I am most definitely giving this a shot.
Doesn't hurt to ask. I wasn't going to go out of my way to do so but since I was going there for something, why not?

Ooo, I just looked at the order and I even got the pre-order DLC apparently.

bread's done
Back