Limited Collectible: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Promo Edition (PS2) $30 A/C at GQD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[rightimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5198&pictureid=8405[/rightimg]GameQuest Direct has informed CAG that they have exclusively acquired the last 1018 units of this out-of-print game directly from Midway. For more information on this game's history, read the official story here.

Currently down to the last 900 units, GQD has issued a coupon code to the CAG community for a limited time. To get $10 off, use coupon code: MKDACAG3 at checkout. Coupon expires August 1st or when quota is met. Prices are expected to increase when GQD is down to the last 100 pieces.

:ps2: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance Promo Edition $29.99 after coupon

[quote name='xycury']To help you in your case, you have 2 things on your side... which would remove ALL risk.

1) Get signature tracking, if you're going to return something, make a monkey sign it, and it's guarenteed there, and their fault for losing it.

2) ANY problems... Use a credit card and Chargeback. Nothing they can do then.

I've dealt with GQD many times and haven't had any issues, because taking awhile to ship games.

As for this "Deal".... I can't believe how many panties are all twisted up... for the ones commenting about not a deal... so what.. we know... it's cheapy's post for fucks sake.... head pimp hancho... let it go....[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried about getting a refund as I did use a credit card and know my bank will handle it if necessary. That's not the point. The point is, I have never had problems of this sort with a legit company and would highly recommend that people don't actually buy from them since just doing a quick Google search is coming up with many similar stories. These guys are not good sellers and we shouldn't be promoting them on this board.

I used to work for these guys when they were a brick & mortar chain in Southern California. They only have two retail stores left due to unwise price increases and not being sensitive to the needs of the customers in their neighborhoods.

1.) GH prices: They would regularly sell $19.99 greatest hits games at $24.99. So the unusually high MK promotional copy price is no surprise to me.

2.) High prices on used games. Used games never moved out because customers would get used stuff elsewhere...for less.

3.) Yes, they would buy up remaining copies of video games to sell, but they would keep the prices artificially high. For example: they used to have SNES games still sealed up in the box. But I'm not going to pay a higher-than-demand price for Liberty or Death !

So, if something does come out of GQD, take it with a grain of salt and a little bit of caution. :bs:

If there was some sort of exclusive kontent that made this special, it might have made it worth it to more people. Me I'll pass, I'd rather have the PC version.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm not worried about getting a refund as I did use a credit card and know my bank will handle it if necessary. That's not the point. The point is, I have never had problems of this sort with a legit company and would highly recommend that people don't actually buy from them since just doing a quick Google search is coming up with many similar stories. These guys are not good sellers and we shouldn't be promoting them on this board.[/QUOTE]

Well with the discounts to DDS1, DDS2, Nocturne, Fatal Frame series... it's hard to just rule them out, as never to do business with.

I've had expereinces of not so well with legitimate companies, most have panned out fair.

Plus Cheapy himself promoted it, it's not like a CAG member decided it was a good deal...

promo copy is exactly the same as regular, nothing "collectible" about it

I purchased about 3 or 4 copies of this copy at a Circuit City a few years back for $0.01 each. Was a good gift at the time.

yes that was not a typo i just put. You are not allowed to sell a promo copy, hence the stamp on the front cover...

To tell you the truth, I'd much rather see that (Limited Collectible bullshiz) than some ugly chick in a dating website ad.

I saw a shitload of the game GH version with security sticker over top for under $5 at Fry's. Apparently, they still couldn't move them at this price.

bread's done
Back