Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, in the invoice it states "FREE GIFT! Original unit price: 29.99". Not sure what's going on.. I wonder how they're going to handle this.
yeah, I don't see any 'free gift' wording, but my invoice does state it's for the CE of blue rider, and only shows 4.99, who knows

Product Name Qty. Price/Unit Price
Blue Rider [Collector's Edition] - Play-Asia.com Exclusive (Asia, No Region Protection)
*Release date Apr, 2017 1
Shipping US$4.99
Total US$4.99

and I paid with paypal, so that money is gonezo

Yeah, in the invoice it states "FREE GIFT! Original unit price: 29.99". Not sure what's going on.. I wonder how they're going to handle this.
After looking at my past orders, I noticed a "balance" section. I'm guessing we will have to go to our orders and they will update a balance we owe once they fix it.

eastasiasoft‏ @eastasiasoft  20s20 seconds ago
More
 Sorry, more technical issues but @playasia is aware of it and looking into it. We will update as soon as pre-orders are open again.

Yeah, I bet there's a new found appreciation for LRG after Play-Asia tonight uh? LOL

They started late, by sending an email that it would start in 10 minutes, and who the hell saw that if their refreshing the site. Then when the 10 minutes was up, still nothing. I was just getting ready to give up when it went live, then they  fuck up check out.

LRG makes it look easy compared to this.

yeah, I wish there were at least updates going out, radio silence and it's an hour past release time, whee

After those 20 minutes of refreshing, I was done. If they fix the problem, great, if they cancel, that's great to, as I should have followed my own advice, and stay clear of PA unless it's a last resort. They should stick to what they know, and leave these types of releases to the ones who know what their doing.

Play-Asia threw in the towel, go to sleep everyone

Play-Asia.com would like to thank he many video game collectors & fans for their incredible support and interest in the limited physical release of Blue Rider. Unfortunately, we encountered minor technical issues this morning that forced us to suspend pre-orders. For this we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused many of you. Another wave of pre-orders will be announced very soon to all who signed up, you will be notified with ample time to prepare. We will take the utomse care to ensure a smooth ordering experience for everyone.

If you have already placed an order for your copy, we will hold it for you. Our customer service team will be in contact to follow up with your order and ensure everything is handled correctly. We are incredibly excited for the launch of BLue Rider and will ensure a smooth process going forward.

Enjoy the weekend. Email from Play-Asia just now:

We would would like to thank you, along with the many video game collectors & fans, for your incredible support and interest in the limited physical release of Blue Rider. Unfortunately, we encountered minor technical issues this morning that forced us to suspend pre-orders. For this we sincerely apologize.

Another pre-order opportunity will be available on Monday, March 13 - 2PM HKT to all those who signed up. We will take the utmost care to ensure a smooth ordering experience for everyone, including superior scheduling & rigorous testing.

The next opportunity to pre-order Blue Rider will be on Monday, March 13 - 2PM HKT.

Timezones:
HKT: Monday, 13 Mar 2017 - 14:00
PST: Sunday, 12 Mar 2017 - 22:00
EST: Monday, 13 Mar 2017 - 01:00

UTC+0: Monday, 13 Mar 2017
- 06:00

At the above time you can pre-order Blue Rider Limited Edition. Please make sure your Play-Asia.com account and your Blue Rider sign up have the same email address on file. Pre-orders will remain open for 48 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they mess up or thats the 2nd batch?
They messed up.
466e1531f4f2322e5c00a3c31acff69f9cef29ef_hq.gif

There going to be listed next Friday at LRG. Unless you want to avoid the rush, but their qty may be decent, so it may not be an issue.
my concern with that, is they will do like they did with stranger and put it in a bundle that doubles the cost of getting it. So im wanting a pax copy.

but now that i think about it, buying at PAX, do you get the rewards ticket for ordering from them directly? Maybe I will just order the regular version so i can get that ticket for the rewards program whenever that starts. never know what i might want out of that

my concern with that, is they will do like they did with stranger and put it in a bundle that doubles the cost of getting it. So im wanting a pax copy.

but now that i think about it, buying at PAX, do you get the rewards ticket for ordering from them directly? Maybe I will just order the regular version so i can get that ticket for the rewards program whenever that starts. never know what i might want out of that
I believe the rewards program is for online orders only, so in that case if you want a ticket, online will be the way to go. Even if they do give tickets at trade shows, I doubt anyone who gets one will be parting with it anyway. LOL

the scalpers are already loading ebay up with copies

So is the Runner 2 bundle going to be standard and variant of both PS4 and Vita together (4 games)?

I wanted to ask the group at large a question:  

When it comes to LRG releases, its almost a no brainer for me every time there is a vita release im buying, so i can keep that going.

But with sites like Iam8bit (rez infinite), Fan Gamer (shovel knight vita)  and signature edition games (slain, aragami) i have less desire and trust in buying even long after that initial release or with a discount code (for rez, its REZ20 if anyone is interested in that).  

It got me thinking, why do i have more willingness to buy LRG titles immediately, than from these other guys where stock is plentiful still?

Anyone else feel the same way?

When it comes to LRG releases, its almost a no brainer for me every time there is a vita release im buying, so i can keep that going.

But with sites like Iam8bit (rez infinite), Fan Gamer (shovel knight vita) and signature edition games (slain, aragami) i have less desire and trust in buying even long after that initial release or with a discount code (for rez, its REZ20 if anyone is interested in that).

It got me thinking, why do i have more willingness to buy LRG titles immediately, than from these other guys where stock is plentiful still?

I buy from LRG cuz the guys actively communicate and listen to their customers, preordering Rez from Iam8bit was one of the worst purchasing experiences I've ever had

I know, and theres a promo code you can use to knock a few bucks off after $5 shipping, but i figured it couldnt hurt to ask if he wanted to sell his copy since he seemed so unhappy with it, he gests a few bucks back out of it, and I could maybe get it for less than retail. Couldnt hurt to ask, right?
I was just letting you know. I didn't realize you already knew. I figured it wouldn't hurt to let you know. I've been tempted to buy it with the promo code, but I can't get myself to pull the trigger.

But with sites like Iam8bit (rez infinite), Fan Gamer (shovel knight vita) and signature edition games (slain, aragami) i have less desire and trust in buying even long after that initial release or with a discount code (for rez, its REZ20 if anyone is interested in that).

IMO, LRG is the most upfront about things. They put the quantity produced on the webpage, have a clear rule about no reprints, give accurate updates to delivery. I haven't been with them since the start but they've gotten better about things and listened to criticism.

Fangamer is pretty close to LRG in terms of everything but I've only purchased two games from them. I'll say this about Fangamer: their games seem to have more TLC in their design/production.

Signature Edition Games is basically just a copy of LRG but I think they mis-represent stock to (try to) create demand. Since they have no purchase limits, you can check the stock by doing the 999 trick. I ordered Aragami aroudn the time it was released and there was about 300 copies left. I ordered Slain on PS4 a few weeks ago and checked stock again on Aragami and found they had like 600 left. I have a hard time believing that, after all this time, they still have nearly 600 left, ignoring the fact that they added another 300 copies.

iam8bit fucking sucks. I bought the NMS Explorer's Edition and Rez Infinite from them. With NMS, as soon as the negative reviews/press started to pour in, they rushed to send out codes for the game (so people couldn't cancel their orders) and said the CE would ship soon... and it just kept getting delayed for one reason or another. The final end product was pretty meh for $150. With Rez, initial pictures definitely show a foil cover and estimate delivery around the time of release... I didn't get my copy for 2 months and the cover was very plain. Of course, they then pulled a "we're so nice, we're giving you a nicer cover!!" which I think was just them feeling the heat from getting called out. Worst part, they fucked up the replacement cover and said it was "manga" style. :roll: Plus, a bunch of people got stuck with paying $13 shipping for it b/c they took away the first class option during the initial production run.

I know, and theres a promo code you can use to knock a few bucks off after $5 shipping, but i figured it couldnt hurt to ask if he wanted to sell his copy since he seemed so unhappy with it, he gests a few bucks back out of it, and I could maybe get it for less than retail. Couldnt hurt to ask, right?
I think his beef is with iam8bit, not the copy he received.

A buddy of mine was at PAX East and grabbed me a copy of Runner 2. I'm feeling fortunate right now. Not gonna scalp it or anything, just feeling better about the fact that I won't have to be glued to my computer Friday morning to get a copy. 

Honestly, I'm in it for physical releases, and that's all. If there is 3000 or 30,000 produced I don't care, I'm just getting these games to have physical versions.

Now of course I buy from LRG day one, as there is rarely a day two, so there is a rush to order. But so far, I've preorder other Vita releases ASAP, as I'm often unsure of the qty's, so I buy when I can as to not loose out.

Now if I start to see a trend of other physical releases lasting long enough to where prices drop, then I may start to rethink buying early, but for games that are $25-$30 anyways, I'm happy to support any companies efforts who are bringing physical to the Vita, as that is not something a lot of companies are willing to do. So AV may be in stock for years, why do I care? I'm getting a pretty cool physical release with extra's at a decent cost, for a game I love.

So overall, I find LRG to be the best so far, but they are in first place by default, as they have been doing it the longest, and have been able to make the most corrections based on experience. Fangamer is the only other place I've dealt with so far, and they where fine to, no issues, just more qty and longer sale out times(which I really don't care about).

I think some of you are buying these games for the wrong reasons to begin with, and that is why there is so many comments in this thread daily that are all over the map(good, bad & ugly). If you like a game buy it, if you don't , why is there even a discussion? I bought Shovel Knight day one, because I loved the game, that fact that it was still for sale 6 months after the fact didn't bother me one bit.

It's the psychology of the sale and the compulsion to impulse. It works on my dogs too. If they know the bowl comes up in five minutes I can get them to eat anything.

People rush to buy LRG because it's perceived to have aftermarket value. If games don't sell out quickly, LRG would sell even less units because sales would cascade backwards rapidly. They have manufactured a perception of value that other publishers have not.

I think some of you are buying these games for the wrong reasons to begin with, and that is why there is so many comments in this thread daily that are all over the map(good, bad & ugly). If you like a game buy it, if you don't , why is there even a discussion? I bought Shovel Knight day one, because I loved the game, that fact that it was still for sale 6 months after the fact didn't bother me one bit.
I don't know? Why is there even a discussion, one in which you post 3x more frequently than any other member, you ask? Why do you make a thousand blog posts on here about how you feel about the Switch, the Vita, or "N"? You think your three page essays that involve heavy criticism are interesting and informative, but yet other people's comments don't belong here. You're a raging narcissist.

People are free to post their on-topic thoughts and feelings here without being cross-examined by you and the rest of the peanut gallery. Get over yourself.

People rush to buy LRG because it's perceived to have aftermarket value. If games don't sell out quickly, LRG would sell even less units because sales would cascade backwards rapidly. They have manufactured a perception of value that other publishers have not.

The few fanboys that continually white knight the company in here are geriatric hoarder-collectors.
Says the guy looking to collect all steelbooks.

I don't know? Why is there a discussion, one in which you post 3x more frequently than any other member, you ask? Why do you make a thousand blog posts on here about how you feel about the Switch, the Vita, or "N"? You think your three page essays that involve heavy criticism are interesting and informative, but yet other people's comments don't belong here. You're a raging narcissist.

People are free to post their on-topic thoughts and feelings here without being cross-examined by you and the rest of the peanut gallery. Get over yourself.
Um, I thought you said you where no longer going to reply to anything I said within CAG? :^o

So now I can see your not a man of your word, which speaks volumes to most of your post to begin with.

Have a great day, and may God bless you on your way.

Um, I thought you said you where no longer going to reply to anything I said within CAG? :^o

So now I can see your not a man of your word, which speaks volumes to most of your post to begin with.

Have a great day, and may God bless you on your way.
Actually I said once that "I'm done dealing with you". You have flame-baited me several times since then. But your perception has always been skewed.

bread's done
Back