Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
We get ~30 floaters from Sony with each run and those are shipped tightly packed together in boxes of 30 on flat palettes.
Have you complained to Sony about the floaters, and what do they say?

What do you do with the floaters? Send them back to Sony?

Thanks for the info.

LRG made the promise to never do a second run, SRG, unless it's on some other site/page/whatever that I have yet to see, doesn't seem to make this promise.

It's 5K copies total for PS4.

That's 2K that are PS4 from SRG, 2K that are PS4/PC combo from SRG, and 1K with a cover variant that are sold through LRG. Then there's the separate PC only that's 1K.

Not to cheese anyone off... 5K is still a really low print game in the big picture.

Honestly the PS4 version to me looks like the best deal since I only buy PC games on Steam these days.
Not sure where you got the 5K number from. It's 2K for PS4 whether you buy the game alone or in the PC/PS4 bundle. Then another 1k for the variant and 1K for the PC. So, it's 3K PS4 copies total and 1K on the PC for a total of 4K combined.

Not sure where you got the 5K number from. It's 2K for PS4 whether you buy the game alone or in the PC/PS4 bundle. Then another 1k for the variant and 1K for the PC. So, it's 3K PS4 copies total and 1K on the PC for a total of 4K combined.
You are right... I was looking at the bundle option and it said "SMALL BATCH: Only 2,000 copies made…don't miss out!" and didn't realize it was just for the PS4 version and they also had listed on the PC portion "SMALL BATCH: Only 1,000 copies made…when they're gone, they're gone!" further up the page. Strange how they listed that.

So 3K. Thanks for pointing this out.

Have you complained to Sony about the floaters, and what do they say?

What do you do with the floaters? Send them back to Sony?
We have three boxes in our server room right now that are just filled with "damaged" games. These are mostly games that arrived from Sony with loose discs or minor shrinkwrap flaws. We'll eventually open all of these up and reseat the discs. Last year we did a lowball auction on our forum to sell them off but that was a lot of work to manage. This year we'll probably throw them up individually on eBay with $0.01 starting bids.

Sony doesn't care about loose discs as they probably already have millions of the flawed cases in inventory with no plans to change. We just accept that it is a thing and move on.

We have three boxes in our server room right now that are just filled with "damaged" games. These are mostly games that arrived from Sony with loose discs or minor shrinkwrap flaws. We'll eventually open all of these up and reseat the discs. Last year we did a lowball auction on our forum to sell them off but that was a lot of work to manage. This year we'll probably throw them up individually on eBay with $0.01 starting bids.
Will you post here when you start the eBay auctions?

I'd rather bid on factory-sealed "but loose disc inside" games than opened ones. And it would be less work for you since you wouldn't have to open all of them.

It has very to do with how it is packed. A postal worker can shake around a secured case as much as an unsecured case. I can pretty much guarantee that you'd have the same incidence of loose discs with bubble wrap vs the paper wrap. If the disc for your copy popped, it was most likely because some minuscule amount of pressure was applied to the center of the case at some point during transit. I feel like a broken record every time I get on this subject. The case design is flawed and outside of interior padding, the loose disc issue can not be fixed. Even if we spent thirty minutes lovingly packing each box in several layers of bubble wrap or other boxes, there would still be games arriving loose. We get ~30 floaters from Sony with each run and those are shipped tightly packed together in boxes of 30 on flat palettes. They aren't being jittered and yet the discs are still popping. There is no way to win here.
Lol. I definitely understand what you are saying and you seem kind of frustrated from the tone of your post but I was just saying that shipping in a box when the game or games are sliding around makes it more likely to have a loose disc. This is just customer feedback.

Lol. I definitely understand what you are saying and you seem kind of frustrated from the tone of your post but I was just saying that shipping in a box when the game or games are sliding around makes it more likely to have a loose disc. This is just customer feedback.
Of course he is frustrated, the loose disc thing comes up all the time. I'm honestly amazed at the level of patience he has shown about the issue. Not saying you said anything egregious either by the way.

Of course he is frustrated, the loose disc thing comes up all the time. I'm honestly amazed at the level of patience he has shown about the issue. Not saying you said anything egregious either by the way.
I think Jawwaad1's point was with regards to how it's packaged by LRG, not really the loose disc issue itself. I raised a similar concern but also realize that there's only so much an operation like LRG can do. Simply put, they don't have the capacity of PA or Fangamer... I feel like they'll get there some day but for now, it's growing pains.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Jawwaad1's point was with regards to how it's packaged by LRG, not really the loose disc issue itself. I raised a similar concern but also realize that there's only so much an operation like LRG can do. Simply put, they don't have the capacity of PA or Fangamer... I feel like they'll get there some day but for now, it's growing pains.
The first box I ordered(and my last BTW), came with nothing but the PS4 game, and empty space, so if guys are getting some added packing materials, it's for sure an improvement over my fiest experiance. LOL

EDIT: And for the record, the game slammed around from the east coast to the west, and the disc was still in place. So I would agree that nothing is certain when it comes to these loose disc issues, and considering my game had no packing at all, and arrived seated, says it all.

Simply put, they don't have the capacity of PA or Fangamer... I feel like they'll get there some day but for now, it's growing pains.
Not sure what you mean by capacity with that comparison to Fangamer.

Fangamer doesn't ship nearly as much volume of games as LRG does. Are you implying that LRG lacks the resources to improve on the shipping quality, or what do you mean by that?

When you say, "they'll get there someday", where is it that they're supposed to get to? Perfect shipping without any issues? Limiting the shipping issues? Having to ship everything perfectly? I think I'm just struggling with exactly what you're trying to allude to with the statement.

Yeah, they have issues, but so does everyone else, but at the same time it's also hard to compare to everyone else when their operation isn't the same as others. It's hard to compare apples and oranges with these kinds of things when we're talking about these types of details.

The real question I feel is if they're improving, and are trying to improve, and in this case, I do feel they have been, particularly with things such as the shipping boxes, and so on.

Personally, I've never had a package arrived damaged, with a loose disc, or any other issue, so I can only speak to these issues so much. However, I don't ever anticipate that their shipping issues will be perfectly, nor do I expect any other retailer/publisher to do so. As long as they're trying to improve, and the effort is visible, I feel that's more than enough on their end.

To be honest though, I think Jawwaad1's point was that it slides around the box, so chances the discs pop out could happen too. Not sure it was really meant to be any deeper than that. XD

To be honest though, I think Jawwaad1's point was that it slides around the box, so chances the discs pop out could happen too. Not sure it was really meant to be any deeper than that. XD
I'm pretty sure that's what he meant as well, and that's why I stated the one box I ever got had zero packing materials, and arrived with the PS4 disc intact. So as Josh has pointed out, it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't no matter what. Sony's cases are just ass, as that should be put in the OP, as fair warning, and then those buying at LRG shall do so at their own risk. LOL

"To be honest though, I think Jawwaad1's point was that it slides around the box, so chances the discs pop out could happen too. Not sure it was really meant to be any deeper than that. XD"

That's basically it. As other's have posted, there are ways to pop the disc back into place without harming the packaging.I was just mentioning that allowing the game to slide around the box during shipping greatly increases the chance of the disc popping or the corners of the "postcards" being bent. Just an observation that maybe could have an easy solution as just wrapping the game in the paper rather than just putting the paper on the top of the game.

I've gotten zero loose discs from LRG. I get plenty of loose discs from Best Buy and Amazon. Some of those loose discs have come in very well-packaged boxes. It's just a total crap shoot. There is really no way to ensure that a game will arrive without a loose disc, no matter how well it is packed. Loose discs don't really bother me when it comes to PS4 games since those discs are very tough to scratch, plus there is the easy method to solve the issue as referenced earlier in the thread.

im really growing tired of the loose disc complaints.  For real, have these people never gotten a loose disc from best buy/amazon/target ever?  

I think from now on, anytime someone complains about it or says its LRG fault, we should have 4-5 posts of videos taken THAT DAY at stores showing where games are loose in retail too.  

THIS IS NOT A LIMITED RUN GAMES CAUSED ISSUE!!!!   BLAME SONY!!!!  so you can do like the video above shows to reseat the disc, open the damn thing up and fix it, or stop buying them.  Because its getting annoying at this point.  

Can we add to the sticky main page that this is a known SONY problem?  maybe we can just direct these people to that post.  

Now, back to LRG..... im glad to have release dates for the next couple vita releases.  I think skipping darius on ps4 and going for vita later in the summer will make me much happier overall.  

Not sure what you mean by capacity with that comparison to Fangamer.

Fangamer doesn't ship nearly as much volume of games as LRG does. Are you implying that LRG lacks the resources to improve on the shipping quality, or what do you mean by that?

When you say, "they'll get there someday", where is it that they're supposed to get to? Perfect shipping without any issues? Limiting the shipping issues? Having to ship everything perfectly? I think I'm just struggling with exactly what you're trying to allude to with the statement.

Yeah, they have issues, but so does everyone else, but at the same time it's also hard to compare to everyone else when their operation isn't the same as others. It's hard to compare apples and oranges with these kinds of things when we're talking about these types of details.

The real question I feel is if they're improving, and are trying to improve, and in this case, I do feel they have been, particularly with things such as the shipping boxes, and so on.

Personally, I've never had a package arrived damaged, with a loose disc, or any other issue, so I can only speak to these issues so much. However, I don't ever anticipate that their shipping issues will be perfectly, nor do I expect any other retailer/publisher to do so. As long as they're trying to improve, and the effort is visible, I feel that's more than enough on their end.

Didn't realize LRG was bigger than Fangamer.

For the rest of your post, Jesus, talk about over analyzing... And no gif? Super disappointed.:lol:

And now for something completely different...

FYI, if you get shorted 'Reward' tickets, you're SOL. (dunno if this is a known fact, it was news to me)

So, from March 31 to April 28, I've purchased 13 tickets worth of games for the average cost of $38.50 per game (that would have gotten me half way to that $24.99 coupon code!).

I just received Flinthook & Ray Giant and was short 2 tickets. Opened a support ticket and was informed that due to the nature of the item, replacements cannot be issued. So, LRG will only verify your tickets at the time of redemption? The tickets are numbered, are they not tracking them during distribution? Obviously not. Regardless, that logic doesn't add up. If i send more tickets than I 'earned' and LRG looks up my purchase history, I'll be denied the reward, right? So asking via their helpdesk for missing tickets should be no problem, right? If I'm scamming for extra tickets, my purchase history will verify my 'reward' level. That's why we can't sell/trade these things, cuz if you only buy 30 games and you send 40 tickets..."No reward for you!"

These tickets are more trouble than they are worth. You can just track your purchases in your account page.

This program as lost what little incentive it had for me. It is worthless. The gesture/sentiment is nice, but I think it was implemented poorly and way too soon.

/rant

Didn't realize LRG was bigger than Fangamer.

For the rest of your post, Jesus, talk about over analyzing... And no gif? Super disappointed. :lol:
They are when it comes to selling and shipping games. ;D And you started it! :D

Also,

8a0b6362b6bfe41d30cfc25ec90c7a23dc53f913_hq.gif

And now for something completely different...

FYI, if you get shorted 'Reward' tickets, you're SOL. (dunno if this is a known fact, it was news to me)

So, from March 31 to April 28, I've purchased 13 tickets worth of games for the average cost of $38.50 per game (that would have gotten me half way to that $24.99 coupon code!).

I just received Flinthook & Ray Giant and was short 2 tickets. Opened a support ticket and was informed that due to the nature of the item, replacements cannot be issued. So, LRG will only verify your tickets at the time of redemption? The tickets are numbered, are they not tracking them during distribution? Obviously not. Regardless, that logic doesn't add up. If i send more tickets than I 'earned' and LRG looks up my purchase history, I'll be denied the reward, right? So asking via their helpdesk for missing tickets should be no problem, right? If I'm scamming for extra tickets, my purchase history will verify my 'reward' level. That's why we can't sell/trade these things, cuz if you only buy 30 games and you send 40 tickets..."No reward for you!"
These tickets are more trouble than they are worth. You can just track your purchases in your account page.

This program as lost what little incentive it had for me. It is worthless. The gesture/sentiment is nice, but I think it was implemented poorly and way too soon.
/rant
This is why I was asking on the previous page. I only received two tickets for four items with my last order.

F this pink mailer with no padding and loose discs, as soon I touched my Flint Hook disc loose everywhere and mailer smothered..

So lame, there as bad as Amazon. Wouldn't be surprised if they mail Darius LE in a pink mailer.

I also blame the video game industry on creating and using these cases. There shit, period.

"To be honest though, I think Jawwaad1's point was that it slides around the box, so chances the discs pop out could happen too. Not sure it was really meant to be any deeper than that. XD"

That's basically it. As other's have posted, there are ways to pop the disc back into place without harming the packaging.I was just mentioning that allowing the game to slide around the box during shipping greatly increases the chance of the disc popping or the corners of the "postcards" being bent. Just an observation that maybe could have an easy solution as just wrapping the game in the paper rather than just putting the paper on the top of the game.
I actually completely agree with what you said, I just imagine every time Doomstink sees a post like the one above mine in here his head probably feels like it's going to pop off his body. :lol:

Only 2 tickets as well for 2x Flint Hook and 2x Ray Gigant.

First time I haven't seen 1 per copy duplicates included.

I'll reevaluate the reward ticket situation tomorrow and figure out the replacement policy going forward. It sounds like someone packing on the weekend screwed up in a massive way.

I didn't get a shipping notice, but I've had an item coming from NC since Tuesday, and it's due to arrive today. My order was for the Darius CE and Nova for the Vita. So I don't know if it's for both games, or just one, as my account still shows unfulfilled and I never got any notice.

The tracking says it's a priority mail package, so I doubt it's Nova alone, as that would have been a waste of shipping, so I'll assume it's at least the CE, but it should be both, as the box should have extra room for at least a small Vita game case, but who knows? As this is the first time I haven't gotten a shipping notice since very early on, and unless I have some other item I ordered coming from NC, this has to be from LRG.

I'll report back later, so long as USPS doesn't screw up today's delivery.

I, too, was missing reward tickets for Ray Gigant, but I haven't had a chance to submit a ticket. That sucks to hear they're not going to make it right when it was an error on their end.

I, too, was missing reward tickets for Ray Gigant, but I haven't had a chance to submit a ticket. That sucks to hear they're not going to make it right when it was an error on their end.
Doomstink just said he's going to evaluate it and figure out a replacement policy. How is that not making it right?

I was putting another comment out there about issues with the tickets, dipshit.
Did you read the comment you quoted..? You commented that it sucked they weren't going to make it right and he responded that Doomstink already said (in this thread) that he would figure out a way to make it right.

Did you read the comment you quoted..? You commented that it sucked they weren't going to make it right and he responded that Doomstink already said (in this thread) that he would figure out a way to make it right.
They had a chance to fix it already when the first guy submitted a ticket. If I had submitted a ticket already, I would've been denied as well.

I'm not mad about it. I wanted to voice my displeasure with the situation. If there's only one complaint it might be seen as a one-off situation. I'm glad to see Doom is taking a look at it.

Idk about that. Sometimes the shipping notification tells me it the label got printed and it sits there for like a week or so.
Yeah it happened for my Astebreed run. But I aint complaining as it updated when it got to my post office. Darius is in transit for me so hopefully tomorrow i can pick it up.

For me, it would have to be a Vita title, as I don't own a PS4, and I rarely if ever game on my PC. Even once I do get a PS4, I doubt I'll be buying many physical games in the price range, anyways. As I'm looking forward to "deals" in relation to that system, and not so much physical.

So to answer, I would pay $40-$50 for a Vita VN, but not much else.

I love reading but can't stand visual novels. Are there really thousands of people who buy VNs? It seems like those are the Vita games that no matter what Gamestop I visit they have sitting from trade ins with a thick coat of dust on them.

They have to be special games to justify $40-50. $40-50 usually gets you premium visual novels and such. If it's for $20ish visual novels MSRP....heck no. I like VNs but I know they're not really games, and some that get a little too gamey for choices (Root Double....looking at you....very, very hard to get perfect ending without a guide, or beating the game once to help with the awful choice system) are sometimes eh. They are pretty much interactive novels to me, which is cool.

I have interest in VNs, but not if it's going to be over $30.

Part of the other reason why I've decided to stop doing all Vita since these VNs are just too pricey for me to continuing keeping up with from LRG.

At least with VNs released by other publishers, they're going to be available still after release, so a chance for a sale, or price drop is possible.

With LRG titles, once they're gone, they're gone.  There's relatively no chance to pick them up for that much cheaper after the fact since it'll have to be from someone else, whether it'd be eBay, or elsewhere.

I wasn't too big into VN's until I played Steins;Gate a few years ago.  Now I love them.  Really looking forward to playing Muv-Luv and Sharin no Kuni on Vita.  Hope to see LRG publish as many as they can sign.

bread's done
Back