Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I don't have the patience for visual novels, so any LRG VN release is an automatic pass for me.

With books or any strictly reading material, I can go at my own pace, which is usually faster than what visual novels coast along at. With movies, at least there's usually something interesting to look at while dialogue is being spoken, or cuts to appear as if things are moving along faster. With VN, I feel like I'm waiting for the action and/or dialogue to catch up to where I'm already at.

I was wondering the same thing... not a huge VN fan, but love PW. Also, wondering if Hotel Dusk/Last Window count as VNs, b/c I also loved those two games.
I would count Hotel Dusk/LW as Adventure games. I'm talking Adventure as in more akin to Point&Click adventure except independent of if the game has any point and click elements). Same for PW... and realy even the Layton series despite them being mostly puzzle games since a large portion of the game is collecting clues and items like a more traditional Adventure. Those games I'd pay $40 to $50 for. Infact I did pay about $50 for my Italian cover art version of the Last Window!

$40 for $50 for a vita VN? It's 100% dependent on the game and more important to me is how much of a VN it is and how close it is to an Adventure. Adventure games, those I'll buy if they seem interesting as I love that genre.

I didn't get any lottery tickets with Flinthook or Raygigant was that a mistake or no more lottery tickets?
I only got 2 for my total 4 games. Put in a ticket and was told they wouldn't honor it or send replacements. They did say they'd give the shipping boys a stern talking to though!

So much for that Night Trap Cover Variant ;( :wall:

I only got 2 for my total 4 games. Put in a ticket and was told they wouldn't honor it or send replacements. They did say they'd give the shipping boys a stern talking to though!

So much for that Night Trap Cover Variant ;( :wall:
Damn I didnt get any tickets. Also there have been a few times where they forgot to include the stickers and card. This is starting to get annoying. Plus no recent update on Skullgirls. I feel like these little things should really be a priority as I'm literally spending $100 or more a month buying their games.

Damn I didnt get any tickets. Also there have been a few times where they forgot to include the stickers and card. This is starting to get annoying. Plus no recent update on Skullgirls. I feel like these little things should really be a priority as I'm literally spending $100 or more a month buying their games.
The stickers and cards are a bonus, they are not obligated to keep doing them. Its a cool thing they do, but you spending a hundred doesnt mean they have to do anything, so i hope that is just the way i read that and not you sounding like your owed anything.

As for skullgirls, the latest updates they said ps4 would likely be may and vita bit longer as there was more work the devs (not LRG) had to do.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/850756118401994752

You said it, you're buying their games and you're getting the games you bought. Everything else is a free bonus, they aren't obligated to give the card and sticker to you at all because it's not advertised as part of the purchase price.

And for the 117th time, lrg has nothing to do with skullgirls delay at all.

If it's so terrible them stop buying their games, they won't mind because there are a thousand people waiting to buy the ones you dont.

To be fair if I paid for skull girls and I still didn't have it I'd be pissed. While it isn't LRG fault they will have to share the blame.

Anyway I'm still waiting for Sharin no Kuni so no interest in any VN until that gets dated.

You said it, you're buying their games and you're getting the games you bought. Everything else is a free bonus, they aren't obligated to give the card and sticker to you at all because it's not advertised as part of the purchase price.

And for the 117th time, lrg has nothing to do with skullgirls delay at all.

If it's so terrible them stop buying their games, they won't mind because there are a thousand people waiting to buy the ones you dont.
I just wanted an update as I haven't been updated by email since March. MrClark don't quote me if you are going to turn everything upside down.

The stickers and cards are a bonus, they are not obligated to keep doing them. Its a cool thing they do, but you spending a hundred doesnt mean they have to do anything, so i hope that is just the way i read that and not you sounding like your owed anything.

As for skullgirls, the latest updates they said ps4 would likely be may and vita bit longer as there was more work the devs (not LRG) had to do.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/850756118401994752
Thanks for the update. So are the lottery tickets a bonus as well? I thought it was automatically included with every game ordered, and I received zero this order.

So are the lottery tickets a bonus as well? I thought it was automatically included with every game ordered, and I received zero this order.
The tickets are supposed to be in there with every game and not in a "while supplies last" kind of thing since they should know how many games they are selling and be aware of how many tickets they'd need to have ready. Of course, that's also true for the stickers and postcards. If they know how many games they are selling (which surely they know) why would anyone not get the full treatment? Was there a problem at the printers? Hopefully Doomstink will post an update. I do know that in some cases they have sent out postcards and stickers when things messed up for some people who complain and then go open a ticket. Not sure what qualifies a person for that level of service.. if it's who is handling the customer service duties that day or if they look at purchase histories and rank customers or what... but I think the old standard "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" applies. So commenting helps even if you get some of the defense patrol in response.

He said ...

This is starting to get annoying.
Which suggests it's the early stages of annoyance and not requiring that high level of defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the package I was due to get today from NC, was in fact some shipping supplies I ordered, and not my recent LRG order(damn it). LOL

So I guess not getting a shipping notice was correct, as the package didn't come from them after all. What where the odds?

I mean, as much as I want Skullgirls to come out sooner, we've already covered the topic of pre-order issues, developer issues, and publishing issues so much, at this point there's no point to keep complaining about it. Not like it'll make them release it faster as it's already been made very clear that there are many cogs along the way that needs to be in motion to finally to complete the release.

I mean, this news sucks for me too since I'm one of the Vita purchasers waiting for my copy to come out, and now to find out it'll take even longer does make me sad, but I knew what I was signing up for when I made the order, and as long as it comes out at some point, it's meh. As long as they're still updating, and keeping us posted, I can't get too angry over it, but I do wish some of these steps would have been given to us prior to the orders being made, so we have a better idea of what we could be in for as far as a wait time. Again, this has been covered extensively in different conversations that have amassed in this thread, GAF, and other forum discussions, but not all purchasers read every post, every page for that info, so there's bound to be a fair amount of people who feel they were blindsided.

In the end, AW WELL.

652d9fe8ac9d8671ba7d646512eb4116c6828f5614b13f1000061554dab02036.gif

Hopefully Doomstink will post an update.
I think he noted he was looking into this issue some pages back in response to the ticket issue, since there isn't supposed to be any shorting of tickets.

It was something along the lines that someone who did the shipping must've really screwed up, so he's going to investigate it further and get back to us.

Hopefully he'll get us an update as soon as possible.

I would love LRG to do a physical copy of Dust An Elysian Tail plus a physical copy of the Soundtrack. The game is so beautiful and fun. One of those games that I was sad that i finished. Never wanted it to end. The soundtrack was great also

The VN game can be $70, people will buy it regardless, not like there gonna open it. Can't miss a #'d LRG game!

Customer support was informed this morning to honor missing tickets so if you didn't have all of yours in your order, just open a support ticket. Sarah knows this at least - not sure if I updated Justin. That could be the issue if people were still getting a no replacement response today. Note that we will cross-reference order history for ticket redemption so please don't try and get free tickets. The effort will be wasted. ;)

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/859863829840359424
Have to agree with nitrosmob. If it's a low budget VN, then it's not worth buying a physical copy for. I don't even bother to play most low budget VNs, they aren't worth my time. If it's a high budget one (which are usually $30-40), then I'll most likely buy it as long as it's on Steam or Vita. Don't even bother localizing it if it's some $10-15 6 hour VN. Sure, people will buy it regardless if it's a LRG physical release, but hardly anyone will care about the actual game, so it defeats the purpose of localizing IMO.

Customer support was informed this morning to honor missing tickets so if you didn't have all of yours in your order, just open a support ticket. Sarah knows this at least - not sure if I updated Justin. That could be the issue if people were still getting a no replacement response today. Note that we will cross-reference order history for ticket redemption so please don't try and get free tickets. The effort will be wasted. ;)
Did you tell them to lay off the weed?

Have to agree with nitrosmob. If it's a low budget VN, then it's not worth buying a physical copy for. I don't even bother to play most low budget VNs, they aren't worth my time. If it's a high budget one (which are usually $30-40), then I'll most likely buy it as long as it's on Steam or Vita. Don't even bother localizing it if it's some $10-15 6 hour VN. Sure, people will buy it regardless if it's a LRG physical release, but hardly anyone will care about the actual game, so it defeats the purpose of localizing IMO.
I don't believe it is low-budget. It's very highly-regarded. Also, it's Vita.

Please don't do any VNs unless they are critically acclaimed.  There are a ton of them on the market already and very few people are looking for additional ones to play.   The volumes of VNs and dungeon crawlers are considered cash grabs because they take such fewer assets to develop.  It's just a lazy way of pumping out games.  There are already several very good ones and we don't need more of them.  The market is flooded, many are boring, and people aren't interested.   

The last thing Vita needs is more visual novels.  It's the largest game genre on the platform because they are so easy to develop.  

What's up with PS4 #25, 27, and 30?

Art on the site makes Nova and DB both look like #25 so assuming one is 27 and don't see a 30

I don't have the patience for visual novels, so any LRG VN release is an automatic pass for me.

With books or any strictly reading material, I can go at my own pace, which is usually faster than what visual novels coast along at. With movies, at least there's usually something interesting to look at while dialogue is being spoken, or cuts to appear as if things are moving along faster. With VN, I feel like I'm waiting for the action and/or dialogue to catch up to where I'm already at.
You summed up my feelings on VN's exactly, in a way that I could feel but never seem to put into words. Lol.

When it comes to the Vita, more support and more content is always appreciated, but I admit I'm always really weary when I pick up a game to look at it now because I'm worried it's "just another VN" and not a "real game".

I have been lucky enough to get all the LRG releases to date so far, but I'm really torn on the Mutant Mudds games.  They are good games, no doubt, but if I'm not mistaken their native platform was 3DS and are awesome in 3D from what I've played.  The digital versions of both Mutant Mudds are currently on sale for $2.49 each on the Nintendo eshop this week.  So now I'm faced with the dilemma of getting physical copies of supposedly lesser versions of the games for $100 plus shipping, or getting digital copies of both games on their natural 3DS platform for $5 total (with Cross Buy to WiiU in the 2nd one).  I'm definitely getting both digitally on 3DS since they are sooooooooooo cheap.  I just can't decide if I want the physical copies to go along with them for a cool $100.

Really wish the physical copies were for 3DS as I wouldn't even be debating this if so.. Sigh....

Risk of Rain is a fun action rogue-lite. It's fun but it gets really easy after you find certain power ups. At one point, I was healing myself faster than I can get damaged, so dying was pretty much impossible.

wonderboy dragon's trap physical on LRG.... woot woot :)[attachment=26509:11.png][attachment=26510:22.jpg]

hopefully they will keep the "grid" packaging which they seem to like cause of the sega cd one.... now if we can get this on switch, or any switch releases. The fast neo guys are a small group of guys, can't be too much red tape with them vs someone like capcom :)

wonderboy dragon's trap physical on LRG.... woot woot :)
attachicon.gif
11.png
attachicon.gif
22.jpg

hopefully they will keep the "grid" packaging which they seem to like cause of the sega cd one.... now if we can get this on switch, or any switch releases. The fast neo guys are a small group of guys, can't be too much red tape with them vs someone like capcom :)
I was just coming to show this as well. LRG said they are working on NS titles, so hopefully this is the first one. I'll only get it if an NS version is offered, as there's no Vita game, and I'm handheld mostly, so that's my only option(as I'll get an NS at some point). They haven't officially announced this yet, as it was supposed to be later today, but on Twitter, the announcement was pushed to Tuesday, so hopefully that's a good sign for an NS version.

WOOOHOOO!!!!
Sweet, so packaging was pretty good then? I really hope they make a Vita standard version happen.

I was just coming to show this as well. LRG said they are working on NS titles, so hopefully this is the first one. I'll only get it if an NS version is offered, as there's no Vita game, and I'm handheld mostly, so that's my only option(as I'll get an NS at some point).

Sweet, so packaging was pretty good then? I really hope they make a Vita standard version happen.

They haven't officially announced this yet, as it was supposed to be later today, but on Twitter, the announcement was pushed to Tuesday, so hopefully that's a good sign for an NS version.
Packing was great, unfortunately it looks like they sealed the shrink wrap too tight and I ended up with a slit in the back. Not worried about it as I will end up opening it anyway.

http://pasteboard.co/2GLUq83gx.jpg

Edit: Not sure why but for whatever reason no matter where I upload the pictures the board doesn't like the link...

Packing was great, unfortunately it looks like they sealed the shrink wrap too tight and I ended up with a slit in the back. Not worried about it as I will end up opening it anyway.

http://pasteboard.co/2GLUq83gx.jpg

Edit: Not sure why but for whatever reason no matter where I upload the pictures the board doesn't like the link...
Yeah, that's a standard shrink wrap issue, that just happens sometimes. I see it with books I sale all the time, and I just state as much in my listings. More often than not, especially where interest is high for an item, I don't think most buyers care much, but from an OCD stand point, it would probably bother me, but not severely.

bread's done
Back