Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
This seller popped up today listing 4 copies of Breach & Clear on eBay for $220 and 1 on Amazon for $300:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Breach-Clear-Playstation-Vita-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-and-RARE-/322214076819

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B015QHQFOG

What's interesting is he worked for Limited Run Games' parent company before Breach & Clear went on sale:

thenick191 - https://twitter.com/thenick191 - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nlucchesi

And has previously sold 17 copies of the game:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=thenick191&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=322214076819&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

4oepARN.jpg
I worked for THQ for a long period, and got multiple cases of No Mercy for the N64. These were the revised copies that NOBODY had, and were originally sent out as free replacements to customers who encountered a game breaking bug in the original release. THQ threw them in the trash, and I took them because I knew in my mind that this was a golden opportunity.

Long story short, I sold all the copies I had 7 years after I got them and made close to $4,000. He has every right to sell the copies he got and as long as people keep paying his prices, it will drive the market up higher and higher. Now if he got these copies of the game illegally (stole them) then by all means he is a piece of shit. But if he got them legitimately, then nobody can say shit. I used to receive 3-4 copies sometimes of the same game when I worked for THQ, so it is not uncommon to get multiples. Also, he may have bought them, who knows? Blame the people who pay $200+ for a copy, not the seller.

Maybe he needs money to pay bills, or maybe he just wants to make a quick buck. And once again, who gives a shit? Supply and demand my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked for THQ for a long period, and got multiple cases of No Mercy for the N64. These were the revised copies that NOBODY had, and were originally sent out as free replacements to customers who encountered a game breaking bug in the original release. THQ threw them in the trash, and I took them because I knew in my mind that this was a golden opportunity.

Long story short, I sold all the copies I had 7 years after I got them and made close to $4,000. He has every right to sell the copies he got and as long as people keep paying his prices, it will drive the market up higher and higher. Now if he got these copies of the game illegally (stole them) then by all means he is a piece of shit. But if he got them legitimately, then nobody can say shit. I used to receive 3-4 copies sometimes of the same game when I worked for THQ, so it is not uncommon to get multiples. Also, he may have bought them, who knows? Blame the people who pay $200+ for a copy, not the seller.

Maybe he needs money to pay bills, or maybe he just wants to make a quick buck. And once again, who gives a shit? Supply and demand my friend.
I actually think he may have possibly got them as some sort of employee discount program maybe (assuming they have one), and if he did obtain them through that method, then you and I both know he would be in breach (pun not intended) of the agreement for using discounts to purchase games, as reselling the games would violate the terms of the program.

Now, if they were truly copies that were just given to him, then it's probably a different story, then he can do whatever the fuck he wants with them as they just gave that shit to him.

I actually think he may have possibly got them as some sort of employee discount program maybe (assuming they have one), and if he did obtain them through that method, then you and I both know he would be in breach (pun not intended) of the agreement for using discounts to purchase games, as reselling the games would violate the terms of the program.

Now, if they were truly copies that were just given to him, then it's probably a different story, then he can do whatever the fuck he wants with them as they just gave that shit to him.
Very true. There are a LOT of factors when working for a game company. It all depends on their policy. If he went and bought them at a discount and is now reselling them for a huge profit, then they may need to take action. The funny part is if he has this many copies of the game, were there really only 3,000 or whatever number originally was said, copies of the game, or were there more? They also had more left to put on sale last week, and I assume more for Black Friday.

Makes you wonder how really limited these games are.

Very true. There are a LOT of factors when working for a game company. It all depends on their policy. If he went and bought them at a discount and is now reselling them for a huge profit, then they may need to take action. The funny part is if he has this many copies of the game, were there really only 3,000 or whatever number originally was said, copies of the game, or were there more? They also had more left to put on sale last week, and I assume more for Black Friday.

Makes you wonder how really limited these games are.
I think that's what really throwing me off right now.

If there were only 1,500 copies, does this guy have like 100 of them or something? Lol.

How many replacements did they anticipate they would actually need on a 1,500 quantity print?

B&C was only supposed to be 1500 copies. No mercy had tons of copies but that game was so sweet back in the day. I couldn't stand WWF but that game was a must play on the 64

Also, we have every right to call this guy a douchebag. He isn't a generous reseller, he's a scummy reseller. Clearly only buys shit like rare Amiibos and those B&C to resell. He also probably used some kind of background privelage to get them.

Yeah, I'm not moaning about the reselling part.  I have a copy of Breach & Clear that I bought Day 1 and if someday I wanted to sell it I'd get as much as I could for it.

I just find it odd the guy worked at the company that founded LRG, appears was not an employee when B&C went up for sale, but still got at least 21 copies out of the 1,500 that were produced.  Many were sold for $60/$70/$80 so I don't think this is a case of buying them all secondhand for a little over retail waiting for this huge spike in the future.  

Perhaps a case fell off the truck. :p

Yeah, I'm not moaning about the reselling part. I have a copy of Breach & Clear that I bought Day 1 and if someday I wanted to sell it I'd get as much as I could for it.

I just find it odd the guy worked at the company that founded LRG, appears was not an employee when B&C went up for sale, but still got at least 21 copies out of the 1,500 that were produced. Many were sold for $60/$70/$80 so I don't think this is a case of buying them all secondhand for a little over retail waiting for this huge spike in the future.

Perhaps a case fell off the truck. :p
Thinking 2 cases at this point

I mean, I guess we'll see.

I emailed them about it to see if they want to look into it.

If it's really just something they gave to him, then it's more than fine, and I no care, unless there was some sort of terms agreed to when they gave the games to him.

But if they were indeed obtained with the intent they would not be allowed to be resold, then that's a different issue.

This situation just incredibly irks me because I know a lot of people in this line of work, and they're intentionally careful when it comes to things like this, so I don't really appreciate it if someone is not just circumventing the system, but taking clear advantage of the program (assuming they are taking advantage of it).

Again, I guess we'll see.

qHzb5if.gif

Breach & Clear didn't have a limit when it was sold. After it sold out LRG went through and canceled large orders. I believe their cutoff was 50 copies.

I tried finding the information on CAG, but with a shitty search function and using mobile, I wasn't able to easily find that info.

Yeah, I got a pretty solid response back about the seller, and those copies were not illegally obtained, so he can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants with them. XD

He is absolved!

B&C was only supposed to be 1500 copies. No mercy had tons of copies but that game was so sweet back in the day. I couldn't stand WWF but that game was a must play on the 64

Also, we have every right to call this guy a douchebag. He isn't a generous reseller, he's a scummy reseller. Clearly only buys shit like rare Amiibos and those B&C to resell. He also probably used some kind of background privelage to get them.
No Mercy had tons of copies yes, BUT there were not many of the replacement copies. That was one of the reasons I was able to sell them and make so much cash. In fact, I had a member of a retro game site contact me and basically write up a story on the second revision of the game because it was highly sought after and extremely hard to find a copy, let alone cases I had lol.

I've been able to secure and order every release from them. I haven't opened any of the games, bit I want to support what they're doing. I get most major releases pretty cheap so I don't mind give them $30 a pop or so. I won't join the membership. That money can go towards so many other things.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Also, if people see hole punched copies of B&C on ebay, those you can actually report, because those promo copies are not supposed to be sold as they were given out to Sony employees, so that's a big nono, and they'd get their ass handed to them by Sony for that.

Feel free to report those to LRG or Mighty Rabbit if you come across those on eBay, which I've been seeing quite a few recently.

No Mercy had tons of copies yes, BUT there were not many of the replacement copies. That was one of the reasons I was able to sell them and make so much cash. In fact, I had a member of a retro game site contact me and basically write up a story on the second revision of the game because it was highly sought after and extremely hard to find a copy, let alone cases I had lol.
I'm guess it was still black cart though? I forget which game it is but the grey cart variant was one with a bug fix that made it much rarer cause it was mail in only

The really interesting thing about the whole twitter post that they have opted not to do the Membership option is that on the forum they say:

"We may or may not revisit this idea in the future or just keep it very exclusive so that it doesn't become an issue."

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=520&start=290

With such a vague statement I'd imagine the forum members will be getting emails or private messages real soon with an offer to be in an exclusive private club. It seemed like by their posts in that thread they were already planning to do a membership option anyway.

Ultimately, I just hope when the games I want finally go on sale that they have a few of the bugs fixed to make shopping a little easier.

I think that's what really throwing me off right now.

If there were only 1,500 copies, does this guy have like 100 of them or something? Lol.

How many replacements did they anticipate they would actually need on a 1,500 quantity print?
I'd be interested to know what the actual production numbers were for B&C (Vita). Did they produce 2000 and then announce it was limited to 1500? How can they have extras to replace damaged items if they sold all 1500? What are the production requirements by Sony? The minimum is 1500, right? Do they go up by 500 from there?

I wonder if the guy selling them on ebay was paid for some work in physical games? I mean if he was contracted to them for part of B&C and then it sold horribly (as they said it did sell horribly in digital form) then it could mean he wasn't paid much at all if it was some kind of revenue sharing arrangement. If that is the case, no problem the guy should make his money however he has too. Either way, it's good to know his copies are legit and he got them in a legit way that the LRG folks are aware of.

I wonder if the guy selling them on ebay was paid for some work in physical games?
He was.

This was during the time when things were starting to look really bad, so they weren't able to pay him.

Of course, when they gave him the games, how could they have known they'd sell for $200 a copy now, lol.

I guess for that guy, he certainly came out on that end of the bargain, so good for him. :p

I'm guess it was still black cart though? I forget which game it is but the grey cart variant was one with a bug fix that made it much rarer cause it was mail in only
The No Mercy replacement carts were black just like the first run, but they were marked with a -1 at the end of the version printed on the bottom of the front label on the cart. That was the ONLY indicator that they were the replacement carts. The game you are thinking of was Turok for the n64. The first run was a black cart, while the replacement was grey. Those were also sent out as cart only replacements while No Mercy was a complete sealed copy of the game sent out as a replacement to customers.

The No Mercy replacement carts were black just like the first run, but they were marked with a -1 at the end of the version printed on the bottom of the front label on the cart. That was the ONLY indicator that they were the replacement carts. The game you are thinking of was Turok for the n64. The first run was a black cart, while the replacement was grey. Those were also sent out as cart only replacements while No Mercy was a complete sealed copy of the game sent out as a replacement to customers.
Okay I thought it was turok but I could remember. I know a few games have the cart color variances like hydro thunder and one of the army men games

The really interesting thing about the whole twitter post that they have opted not to do the Membership option is that on the forum they say:

"We may or may not revisit this idea in the future or just keep it very exclusive so that it doesn't become an issue."

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=520&start=290

With such a vague statement I'd imagine the forum members will be getting emails or private messages real soon with an offer to be in an exclusive private club. It seemed like by their posts in that thread they were already planning to do a membership option anyway.
Would be nice to get clarification on it. I'm surprised they aren't doing it, as forum response seemed to be strongly in favor of it.

How do you get forum members to keep their mouths shut though? I mean I'm confident I could, but people are loud and stupid.
As soon as the first set of emails/PM's go out to their forum members... Someone will fwd it to a "friend" to get them to join.
If they do some private club thing, it will leak.

If LRG's whole business model is based on limited print runs of games, how come they don't do individual numbering of the product?  It doesn't even have to be on the artwork, just a sticker on the shrinkwrap would suffice (since most people seem to keep them sealed anyway).  I've seen products limited to much higher numbers (even up to 50,000) be individually numbered, but these, in the 1500 - 5000 range do not.

I don't think anybody here is going to stop buying the games just because they aren't numbered, but if they do, more copies for someone else who doesn't give a shit. :p

I don't think anybody here is going to stop buying the games just because they aren't numbered, but if they do, more copies for someone else who doesn't give a shit. :p
Yeah I doubt it either, and it hasn't affected me personally. I only commented about it because it seems to be a big thing among other communities, and the limited nature of their product is the whole basis of their business.

Yeah, I think their stuff is "limited" as in here today, gone tomorrow. Adding a number to these releases is more cost and time I don't think they have are want to spend, but I guess if there is a demand.......Who knows?

For me personally, I'm just happy to see these sale out after a short period, and that's limited enough for me. Sadly, that may not be enough for others, but you can't please all the people, all the time.

If LRG's whole business model is based on limited print runs of games, how come they don't do individual numbering of the product? It doesn't even have to be on the artwork, just a sticker on the shrinkwrap would suffice (since most people seem to keep them sealed anyway). I've seen products limited to much higher numbers (even up to 50,000) be individually numbered, but these, in the 1500 - 5000 range do not.
It's not limited by LRG, it's limited by how many copies the license holders allow LRG to produce. They're not trying to create artisanal games - they're trying to keep the physical game space from disappearing.

It's not limited by LRG, it's limited by how many copies the license holders allow LRG to produce. They're not trying to create artisanal games - they're trying to keep the physical game space from disappearing.
In fairness, that's not 100% true. At least in connection with earlier releases, quantities were limited by LRG's financial resources and their concern about having unsold stock. My understanding is that there is a discussion with the developer about how many to make, but that's not the entirety of what goes into the decision on the actual quantity made.

Fangamer? Axiom Verge?

Hopefully it's fangamer as they seem to understand how to do preorders. If it is them then it must be a really good game as they don't seem to want to publish mediocre/bad games just as collectibles.

Rainbow Moon confirmed for Aug.19th, and quantities of 3,000 each platform, with limit of 1 per customer, per platform.
I started playing this a few days ago (it was free on PS+ a while back)... overall it's an ok RPG. The IAP for coins doesn't seem like as big a deal as I was thinking it was going to be. The only major thing that bothers me about it though is the angled playing field. Up is either up+left or up+right (thankfully that part is configurable)... but even with knowing that in battles I'm always having to look at the screen popup to determine which direction to press in order to move or attack.

I'm glad they are limiting it to 1 each... but then it'll be 1500 in the morning and 1500 in the early evening... that's a really small number for an RPG.

Definitely want a physical release for I Am Setsuna.

Also The Witness.  Really want to play it but there's been nothing about a disc release since it came out. :(

Question: do we have confirmation that there's a separate trophy list for LRG's Rainbow Moon?  Currently, PS4 and Vita have the same list.  From what I read earlier, LRG's Rainbow Moon will feature a separate list (same trophies, but you can earn them all over again, I'm not sure about using the same save or not though).  Rainbow Moon was free from PS+, I already plat it, but don't mind doing it again with different characters.

Question: do we have confirmation that there's a separate trophy list for LRG's Rainbow Moon? Currently, PS4 and Vita have the same list. From what I read earlier, LRG's Rainbow Moon will feature a separate list (same trophies, but you can earn them all over again, I'm not sure about using the same save or not though). Rainbow Moon was free from PS+, I already plat it, but don't mind doing it again with different characters.
East Asia's site says:

Rainbow Moon

New trophy set with platinum trophy support**
Cross-Save support** (PS4 <-> PS Vita)
Updated dialogue on both PS4/Vita versions
http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.php/news-blog/138-limited-run-physical-editions-of-lost-sea-rainbow-moon-soeldner-x-2-coming-soon

Thanks!

So here's the list:

Lost Sea

• Multilingual: 14 supported languages
  • Platinum trophy support*
  • Physical/digital launch planned simultaneously
Rainbow Moon

• New trophy set with platinum trophy support**
  • Cross-Save support** (PS4 PS Vita)
  • Updated dialogue on both PS4/Vita versions
Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype

• Supported languages: English, French, German, Japanese
  • Includes Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype - The Last Chapter add-on
  • New trophy set with platinum trophy support.
* Lost Sea trophy set will be identical to the digital release.
** Stackable trophies. Cross-Save only compatible between physical PS4/Vita releases due to new trophy ID.

So, to answer my own question - YES, but you can't use the old save because of the new Rainbow Moon trophy set.  This is pretty sweet, it's going to be a Limited Run Trophies too (ultra rare given than people are going to keep the games sealed).

bread's done
Back