Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Caladrius is $29.99 from us. Cheaper than Play-Asia, even with their $5 off coupons. We broke the standard model here because we didn't want to end up more expensive than the existing physical version.

im waiting too, and yes the pc version is the hold up, not released till end of this month.
Thank you for being an a awesome member and sharing the info.

Caladrius Blaze i have been wanting hope its not limited to one. this will be a game i want to open and play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caladrius is $29.99 from us. Cheaper than Play-Asia, even with their $5 off coupons. We broke the standard model here because we didn't want to end up more expensive than the existing physical version.
Dammit... good on you guys, kinda salty I imported this a few weeks ago though.:whistle2:/

Dammit... good on you guys, kinda salty I imported this a few weeks ago though.:whistle2:/
I'm seeing that a lot - was there some kind of reason that so many people jumped on it within the last few weeks?

AFAIK, the differentiating factors here are that ours uses the NA trophy list and our artbook is sized bigger than the smaller one that comes in the Asian release.

I've been lucky, as the few times I was going to grab a Play-Asia release, I was to lazy, to broke, or just forgot about the games, only to have LRG make an announcement.

So I've been able to stick with the US LRG releases for those games. I know sooner or later, I'll end up with a PA title, only to have LRG come after the fact, but I guess it's the nature of the beast at this point, as physical is becoming less and less with each new generation and every one seems to be trying to offer these in some "limited" fashion. So I'll just have to try and stay on top of the rumors, and news so hopefully I don't end up with an Asia or EU release, only to have a US one offered down the road.

I'm seeing that a lot - was there some kind of reason that so many people jumped on it within the last few weeks?

AFAIK, the differentiating factors here are that ours uses the NA trophy list and our artbook is sized bigger than the smaller one that comes in the Asian release.
Can't speak for others I've been wanting it forever and but feel like PA kept the price locked at $35 for a long time, so I broke down and bought with Ghost Blade CE to use a $5 off $60 purchase coupon. A few weeks ago, they dropped the price to $30 during some sale- which makes sense now, probably trying to move out a few more copies before you guys do your release.

Hey Josh, you mentioned awhile back that you guys where going to include reward tickets with the Plague Road KS variant, but I just received my order today, and there was no tickets. So did that change, or should I open a ticket to get them?

The Shadow Warrior Collection numbers are a bit confusing confusing in regards to the distribution of the quantities between the two listings.

How many of the cover set will be taking up the 1000 copies of the LRG exclusive variant?

Also, good call on Caladrius.

This will definitely be a buy for me. :D

The Shadow Warrior Collection numbers are a bit confusing confusing in regards to the distribution of the quantities between the two listings.

How many of the cover set will be taking up the 1000 copies of the LRG exclusive variant?

Also, good call on Caladrius.

This will definitely be a buy for me. :D
It's 85 out of 1,000.

Flame in the flood LOOKS like my kind of game. I feel like I'd love to watch someone else play it. But I don't think I want to myself... I will pass on it, and probably hate myself later.

Will grab the shmup.

What's the word on skull girls? Last update I got the ps4 version was like almost all the way done.

Hey Josh, you mentioned awhile back that you guys where going to include reward tickets with the Plague Road KS variant, but I just received my order today, and there was no tickets. So did that change, or should I open a ticket to get them?
Oh interesting. I missed that and just assumed they weren't supposed to come with tickets.

Got my Night Traps. Both came with the same card though :(

Was thinking, it'd be cool if the cards had "stats" on the back kinda like sports cards. Developer info, story blurb, release date, etc

Flame in the Flood!!  YES!

Also, the standard cover looks so much better than the Variant and I'm very pleased about this. I don't care which one is more rare, just which one looks the best.

Oh interesting. I missed that and just assumed they weren't supposed to come with tickets.
I was shocked when it was first stated, as I assumed since it wasn't the LRG specifically, they wouldn't be included. But I was happy to see it was supposed to happen. So that's why I ask if it had changed, since I didn't get any.

I just opened mine and found the same thing. I also thought we were supposed to get reward tickets with the kickstarter copies.

No reward tickets with these. The financial arrangement on the KS was different than I expected.

No reward tickets with these. The financial arrangement on the KS was different than I expected.
It's all good, that's why I asked before hand, as "shit" happens, and plans change. I didn't expect them from the start, so having them taken away is no big deal. Thanks anyways.

I'm glad LRG are going full Shmup. I'll gladly get Caladrius. Don't take too long to make Ghostblade and Senko No Rondo 2 Official pls 😁

I noticed Caladrius Blaze is a pretty small print run....just 4,000 for a fairly popular shmup that is now pretty sought after on the 360. I think it will sell well. 

Josh - Can we start this one off in the morning with a limit of 1 per customer, or will it be two to start?

Josh - Can we start this one off in the morning with a limit of 1 per customer, or will it be two to start?
4000 is a pretty decent size, and I don't remember them ever offering any run this high that wasn't a 2 limit in the am run, but I guess if demand is that high, they may do just one. I know the Shmup's crowd can be a rather rabid group at times, so I guess we'll see soon enough.

I see this has an art book and manual, so that's awesome. I hope more releases, especially on the Vita side will see more bonuses like this in the future.

I noticed Caladrius Blaze is a pretty small print run....just 4,000 for a fairly popular shmup that is now pretty sought after on the 360. I think it will sell well.

Totally agree. Shmups have a very dedicated group of gamers who often buy everything available. Look at how Soldner went, very quickly (and many were upset they couldn't get one). I do think LRG should limit it to one in the morning, then they can reassess for the afternoon batch. This is likely to sell very fast.

I was thinking the same... a lot of people have already imported it. I'm sure it'll sell fast, but will still take 3-4 minutes to sell out.
I know some of us did. And I know a lot of people bought it when Play Asia had it on sale last year? :lol:

Well, Caladrius Blaze received an English physical release last year, so the demand may be lower for it.
A lot of people wouldve imported Caladrius already
I was thinking the same... a lot of people have already imported it. I'm sure it'll sell fast, but will still take 3-4 minutes to sell out.
I bought the Asia physical version, digital version from PSN, and will buy the LRG version as well,especially for the extras. We need more physical shmups on the market, so I buy them whenever available. I also bought both versions of Soldner X2, the artwork on the PA version is excellent.

I've always had to just search it out, as I never find it on the site either, so it might not have an active link. You also need to contact them directly, as there is no place to just pick an item, and then add the tickets for an item and then have it sent.

You have to open a ticket I believe, explain what you want, and then they will give instructions to send in your tickets, and once received, they will contact you and state as much. Then once that specific item is in stock, they are supposed to send it to you. So for the most part, 40 tickets is equal to $24.99 in credit.

So if you want something that is valued over this amount, you'll have to pay the difference. I know it's been asked if that covers shipping, but I don't know that anyone has ever answered that question. So you may have to pay shipping even if the credit covers the games cost, but you might not.
So each ticket is worth $.63 roughly? Lame.

Looks like support got my WB order through- seems like it just got moved further down the shipping order than it should have but I got my ship notice so I'm happy. 

Looking forward to the Strafe variant, I'm really wondering if I should try for the bundle. I already have a copy from SRG but it arrived with a nasty dent in the front of the case... but 85 is such a low number, I can't imagine I'll be able to get one. 

Agreed.

I rather have nothing!
I know you are being sarcastic, but honestly I think it's a huge waste of money for LRG. Not just producing the tickets, but paying to have them put into packages, tracking which tickets are tied to which addresses, and so on. I'd rather get no tickets and they refocused that money to pay someone for the hour a week needed to keep their website up to date with a basic list of when things are shipping out.

I know you are being sarcastic, but honestly I think it's a huge waste of money for LRG. Not just producing the tickets, but paying to have them put into packages, tracking which tickets are tied to which addresses, and so on. I'd rather get no tickets and they refocused that money to pay someone for the hour a week needed to keep their website up to date with a basic list of when things are shipping out.
Disagree. I like the rewards program. It's fun and retro. I just submitted for the Night Trap 32X variant and they confirmed receipt of my tickets within just a few days of mailing. I think it's neat that they are doing this and I appreciate it.

Yep, we don't agree on much but we do on this.

Pretty sure they don't track tickets to addresses just the number of tickets you should have.
Correct. The only check is when you cash in which is just to confirm the number of tickets you submitted matches your order history. It's literally ten seconds of staff time. Not exactly a huge burden.

Yeah, it's a free service on our end, so if someone doesn't like it, throw your tickets away and move on. LRG is damned if they do, damned if they don't around here! LOL

Correct. The only check is when you cash in which is just to confirm the number of tickets you submitted matches your order history. It's literally ten seconds of staff time. Not exactly a huge burden.
So if I wanted to give my tickets to someone else so they actually get used then the tickets wouldn't be usable by that person?

I do see the value in the tickets for collectors to get a guaranteed copy of something extra rare though.

Yes. But they could switch out their own tickets 1:1 and it wouldn't matter from what I understand.

Although there's not one single reason to do that.

Jesus theses boards remind me of election time. I'm trying to figure out who's real and who's a paid Russian troll.

Jesus theses boards remind me of election time. I'm trying to figure out who's real and who's a paid Russian troll.
There are no Russian trolls here. Just lurking spies who steal our info and take it to Slickdeals.

I don't think that we have anyone at all on CAG that act like the paid russian trolls who created fake news sites and tried to disrupt the election with lies. In this thread, I've not seen anything remotely close to that. Maybe you mean corporate shills? Sure, there is likely some of that going on... though I think it's more just diehard fanboys than the paid kind contracted to defend a company brand. The easy way to tell if people are real revolves around how they reply to something brought up. It's hard to have a rational discussion with someone that isn't real. That's the litmus test.

Dammit I really hope I can get an order in for Shadow Warrior. I really want a physical copy of  Shadow Warrior 2, but I already know this thing is going to sell out in a mater of seconds being so limited. If I miss out I guess I will have to just bite the bullet and buy the digital version. :(

I don't think that we have anyone at all on CAG that act like the paid russian trolls who created fake news sites and tried to disrupt the election with lies. In this thread, I've not seen anything remotely close to that. Maybe you mean corporate shills? Sure, there is likely some of that going on... though I think it's more just diehard fanboys than the paid kind contracted to defend a company brand. The easy way to tell if people are real revolves around how they reply to something brought up. It's hard to have a rational discussion with someone that isn't real. That's the litmus test.
Can't tell if sarcasm or big gulp of kool-aid... lol

bread's done
Back