Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
What's a good asking price? I'm not looking for a flip really, I just lost my PS4 and can't use it, lol.

$32 shipped fair? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Link to back this statement?
I heard it during a conference call at GameStop. She actually said "the average preorder is worth 80$." She actually quoted a number 2.5 million or so and asked if any of the employees knew what it was. It was the region's earnings from pre orders from that quarter. This was 3-4 months back.

So I may have slightly misquoted that. Any GameStop employee probably could verify.

There is no link. The guy is a straight up ass who claims to be "joking" all the time but really just lacks the courage to stand behind his attacks and criticisms.
Courage. Lol. I'm just not that tough of a guy. Especially on the internet. I don't pick on slow kids either.

I heard it during a conference call at GameStop. She actually said "the average preorder is worth 80$." She actually quoted a number 2.5 million or so and asked if any of the employees knew what it was. It was the region's earnings from pre orders from that quarter. This was 3-4 months back.

So I may have slightly misquoted that. Any GameStop employee probably could verify.
I am not surprised by the $80 per pre order. $60 release at 20-25% margin is $12-$15 profit out of the gates. For speculations sake lets say half of the average preorder is bought using trade credit/ trade ins. I would suspect the average price gamestop resells of $30 worth of trade ins is $90-$100 range and you are at $72-$85. Does not seem that far off base to me. This is before factoring the assumption that a certain percentage are traded back in for them to resell at 2-3 times the trade in value. I bet if they tracked the lifespan of a game through their system it would be even higher since most people do not horde games and the same game can be traded in several times.

I am not surprised by the $80 per pre order. $60 release at 20-25% margin is $12-$15 profit out of the gates. For speculations sake lets say half of the average preorder is bought using trade credit/ trade ins. I would suspect the average price gamestop resells of $30 worth of trade ins is $90-$100 range and you are at $72-$85. Does not seem that far off base to me. This is before factoring the assumption that a certain percentage are traded back in for them to resell at 2-3 times the trade in value. I bet if they tracked the lifespan of a game through their system it would be even higher since most people do not horde games and the same game can be traded in several times.
There was also mention of the fact that some preorders never even get picked up. Free cash.

There was also mention of the fact that some preorders never even get picked up. Free cash.
It's actually not free cash though because the customer can demand a refund at any time or apply it to something else and they have to keep carrying that as a potential liability on their books. It also doesn't change the fact that even if that's what Gamestop is doing to generate additional revenue, LRG is not and you shouldn't have conflated the two.

I'm more curious as to what the one surpassing it might be. XD

I don't think it's CSH, since they're still talking about it being finalized, which means it's not in the works yet, although, who knows what they really meant? @_@

Looks like VA11 HALL A will be their biggest VIta release yet.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=249210094&postcount=3415
1hpyrlW.png

Is there a reason why VA-11 HALL-A isn't on PS Store yet? I know it's not out yet but don't these games go up before release usually? 

I don't think it's CSH, since they're still talking about it being finalized, which means it's not in the works yet, although, who knows what they really meant? @_@
Hoping it's Salt and Sanctuary (or Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds)

I'm surprised there's so much hype for VA-11 HALL-A. Seems like it'll be a decent game but very niche. Then again they don't really push the vita numbers up that high most of the time so it doesn't need to sell that much to be the biggest vita game.

Salt & Sanctuary

Or maybe they are doing the Vita publishing for Muv-Luv?

It's actually not free cash though because the customer can demand a refund at any time or apply it to something else and they have to keep carrying that as a potential liability on their books. It also doesn't change the fact that even if that's what Gamestop is doing to generate additional revenue, LRG is not and you shouldn't have conflated the two.
You should call GameStop and stop being so net courageous with me. Read Dooms posts above if you'd like to understand why LRG doesn't do this. Re-read my post if you'd like to understand that I was jokingly suggesting that LRG does do this after folks were complaining about "pre orders" and shipping times.

I know internet type doesn't typically have a clear tone but that's on you to clarify before you "conflate."

I'm surprised there's so much hype for VA-11 HALL-A. Seems like it'll be a decent game but very niche. Then again they don't really push the vita numbers up that high most of the time so it doesn't need to sell that much to be the biggest vita game.

Salt & Sanctuary

Or maybe they are doing the Vita publishing for Muv-Luv?
Muv Luv is no where near completion atm. They just started resuming their focus on Vita last month and unless there is no problems with adding English text into the game and numerous bug tests, we'll be lucky enough to get it by the end of the year. Besides, the only people who are going to get a physical version of the game is the people who backed the Kickstarter, got into Backerkit, and donated through Paypal.

A "widespread" release of Muv Luv is something they aren't considering until after the first or second year. Of course I can totally be wrong.

Hi,

Hmm... Let's just say the situation doesn't favor us during the first year after PC release/ too risky to attempt retail Vita because of it. When the period is done, that's the time we'll look into it; see if VNs are still in-demand for the PS Vita by then, then we can try. It's just way too far ahead in the future to promise, lots of factor to consider.

Cheers,
The Muv-Luv Team

You should call GameStop and stop being so net courageous with me. Read Dooms posts above if you'd like to understand why LRG doesn't do this. Re-read my post if you'd like to understand that I was jokingly suggesting that LRG does do this after folks were complaining about "pre orders" and shipping times.

I know internet type doesn't typically have a clear tone but that's on you to clarify before you "conflate."
Sure dude, I'm the one that misunderstood your intent. I'm sure that's why LRG felt the need to explain over multiple posts and several others have pointed out the flaws in your $80 Gamestop argument. I mean I don't think statements like "Sounds like it's time to hire. We suck because we're understaffed is easy to fix." are meant as jokes but maybe your sense of humor is just beyond the rest of us.

Muv Luv is no where near completion atm. They just started resuming their focus on Vita last month and unless there is no problems with adding English text into the game and numerous bug tests, we'll be lucky enough to get it by the end of the year. Besides, the only people who are going to get a physical version of the game is the people who backed the Kickstarter, got into Backerkit, and donated through Paypal.

A "widespread" release of Muv Luv is something they aren't considering until after the first or second year. Of course I can totally be wrong.
Do you really think there will ever be a "widespread" release of Muv Luv on the Vita? I suspect that they will just do one physical run period and that may or may not include additional copies for non-backers.

Do you really think there will ever be a "widespread" release of Muv Luv on the Vita? I suspect that they will just do one physical run period and that may or may not include additional copies for non-backers.
Lol. No.

Muv Luv Team even said no but left open a possibility after a year or two goes by. Something I mentioned in the previous post. I put it out there cuz someone else mentioned it and there was an answer.

When the Kickstarter was going on and the Backerkit was still open, I always made it a point to tell people about it since it was highly likely to be a one and down run, especially for a niche release such as this. T

Besides, the only people who are going to get a physical version of the game is the people who backed the Kickstarter, got into Backerkit, and donated through Paypal.
It was just a suggestion after Salt & Sanctuary. I imagine S&S will be quite huge given it's got a pretty huge following. Heck when one of my kids is playing the game and they are trying to show it to me (as if I didn't already know about it) ... I think that's a good sign of how broad an appeal it has.

Sure dude, I'm the one that misunderstood your intent. I'm sure that's why LRG felt the need to explain over multiple posts and several others have pointed out the flaws in your $80 Gamestop argument. I mean I don't think statements like "Sounds like it's time to hire. We suck because we're understaffed is easy to fix." are meant as jokes but maybe your sense of humor is just beyond the rest of us.
You know why GameStop gives preorder codes and bonuses?

Everyone here for the most part seems quite reasonable.

No one has pointed out a flaw in the GameStop info I overheard.

And just so you're informed: an "astonishing" number of pre orders are not picked up.

Research it if you'd like to know more.

And just so you're informed: an "astonishing" number of pre orders are not picked up.

I would pre order at Gamestop if they gave me 20% off. But they don't. I mean, if they offered it with their new Power Up Pro Elite, I would've signed up just for the 20%

I got shipping notification for Flame in the Flood today. That was much faster than I expected. Did everyone else get their notification too?

I can't imagine Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds being anywhere near as popular as Vallhalla. Maybe CSH, but I slightly doubt it.

Hopefully it's something that should have had a retail, like Secret of Mana physical.

Good luck to all the Vita completionists that didn't do the $150 backer tier on the Muv Luv KS when that bad boy finally gets produced.  That thing is going to be so expensive and desirable on the aftermarket lmao.  The base game is going to have to be good enough for people that don't want to dish out a few hundred $. 

Good luck to all the Vita completionists that didn't do the $150 backer tier on the Muv Luv KS when that bad boy finally gets produced. That thing is going to be so expensive and desirable on the aftermarket lmao. The base game is going to have to be good enough for people that don't want to dish out a few hundred $.
Yeah, that's going to be painful for those that have to have the collectors edition. I only did the $80 physical vita tier which I'll likely end up selling as it's been so long since the KS started and I'm finding out I don't really care much for visual novels. I'll still give the digital version a try first (since that's the version I opted for as the bonus), but I'm not feeling too positive that I'll actually end up loving it.

You have still provided zero sourcing other than that you heard it on a call at some point and now seem to be arguing against your own statement that you were "joking". Just because a huge number of preorders weren't picked up doesn't mean Gamestop can book that money as revenue. The fact that someone can come in and demand at any minute that they get a refund of the amount makes treating it as such impossible. It's the same reason retailers really weren't happy when a number of states moved to statutory protections against gift cards expiring. Essentially, if they book the revenue, they also have to book the debit since the amount will either be refunded or applied to a purchase.

Lol. No.

Muv Luv Team even said no but left open a possibility after a year or two goes by. Something I mentioned in the previous post. I put it out there cuz someone else mentioned it and there was an answer.

When the Kickstarter was going on and the Backerkit was still open, I always made it a point to tell people about it since it was highly likely to be a one and down run, especially for a niche release such as this. T
I just went back and looked at the raw numbers though and with 734 of the Vita CE and 526 of the Vita standard, I can't imagine that they won't do some additional copies if for no other reason than to hit the print run minimums. It seems hard to see the economics of just pressing such a small amount given that most backers opted for PC or digital copies only. I can't recall if you could back for the Vita versions on Backerkit after the fact and if so, how many people actually did so.

I just went back and looked at the raw numbers though and with 734 of the Vita CE and 526 of the Vita standard, I can't imagine that they won't do some additional copies if for no other reason than to hit the print run minimums. It seems hard to see the economics of just pressing such a small amount given that most backers opted for PC or digital copies only. I can't recall if you could back for the Vita versions on Backerkit after the fact and if so, how many people actually did so.
Breach and Clear was 1500. The minimum could be lower for all we know.

Muv Luv has 1250 from Kickstarter but people couldve ordered doubles as well. Then add in the potential number from Backerkit and Paypal, Im sure theyre well over 1500. And will have some extra for replacement, losses

And yes. Vita Physical was an option in Backerkit

You have still provided zero sourcing other than that you heard it on a call at some point and now seem to be arguing against your own statement that you were "joking". Just because a huge number of preorders weren't picked up doesn't mean Gamestop can book that money as revenue. The fact that someone can come in and demand at any minute that they get a refund of the amount makes treating it as such impossible. It's the same reason retailers really weren't happy when a number of states moved to statutory protections against gift cards expiring. Essentially, if they book the revenue, they also have to book the debit since the amount will either be refunded or applied to a purchase.
Source?

That 5$ is still there. And they still have the game. And once they give you a pre order code no refunds.

When you're arguing against someone, which I'm not- I made the statement- you need to prove the null hypothesis and not vice versa. You're calling me a liar which is fine but that's all you got.

Source?

That 5$ is still there. And they still have the game. And once they give you a pre order code no refunds.

When you're arguing against someone, which I'm not- I made the statement- you need to prove the null hypothesis and not vice versa. You're calling me a liar which is fine but that's all you got.
I'm not calling you a liar. What I am saying is that you have made several statements without any source (other than some call you were on and which you aren't even super clear about the specifics) that have nothing to do with LRG and yet you attempted to claim that their motives were the same as Gamestop and when LRG and others called you on it, you claimed to be joking. It's pretty clear you weren't joking, but simply looking to save face when people poked holes in your theories.

I'm not aware of any Gamestop policy that requires that you not use a preorder code in order to get either a deposit refund or a full refund as long as the game itself is otherwise returnable. I have personally cancelled many preorder deposits over the years and returned many games after purchase and not once at any Gamestop location anywhere in five different states that I have purchased from has anyone ever asked for proof that I didn't use a preorder DLC code or beta code that I received for preordering. I know Best Buy tried to do that for Destiny 2 and had to immediately back down.

It's not my place to provide proof of your claims or proof that your claim is false. LRG already did that as far as your claims about them. With regard to Gamestop, that's on you as you were the one that represented them to be factual statements. I will say that your belief about the preorder code locking in your $5 is simply not accurate and doesn't support your overall claim that preorder deposits are some massive revenue stream for Gamestop.

I watched that interview too.

I never considered when they say "limited to 1500" copies that really means "limtied to 1200ish copies in case someone's gets damaged in shipping". Most companies would advertise that there were only 1500 copies when in reality they printed 2000 to cover issues. 

It's also possible I misunderstood that part of the interview. 

Sorry man. Maybe I was vague.

-Standing in the GameStop back of the store looking at used PS4 games.
-The door to office is open.
-The manager was on a "conference call / web meeting.
- The lady speaking said a number around 2.5 million- asked the employees if they knew what it represented. They did not- she told them it was the regions profit from preorders.
- She then said verbatim "the average pre order is worth $80"

I do not know any further what this means.

This was in SE USA.

I have no other source to back this up and seriously have nothing to gain from lying. Word of mouth is a source. I can make up a fake news story from ESPN if needed for veracity.

With that it is dropped. And we shouldn't be friends because I trigger you.

I watched that interview too.

I never considered when they say "limited to 1500" copies that really means "limtied to 1200ish copies in case someone's gets damaged in shipping". Most companies would advertise that there were only 1500 copies when in reality they printed 2000 to cover issues.

It's also possible I misunderstood that part of the interview.
If they advertise 1,500, they sell 1,500. If they advertise 1,500 but only sell 1,200 because they need to hold some back for damage/replacements, I would imagine that that's against some advertising rules.

If they advertise 1,500, they sell 1,500. If they advertise 1,500 but only sell 1,200 because they need to hold some back for damage/replacements, I would imagine that that's against some advertising rules.
But they generally don't advertise it that way. All they say is the print run is x. With limited exceptions where they specifically call out the number of bundles or something like that, they never promise to sell a certain number in each batch. I mean I suppose if they claimed the print run was 1,500 but it was really 2,000, that could be an issue, but that seems like it's not the case.

Not if it's in the fine print of their adverts that they hold some % back for replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always seemed pretty simple to me. They advertise a print run of 1,500 for game x. That covers all copies that exist. They have said time and time and time again that some are kept behind for conventions, give aways, promos, and to cover damaged items. So we know the total print run, and it's safe to assume that maybe about 200ish of that print run is held back and not sold. Why does everyone always default to thinking that everything is against some obscure law? It seems pretty cut and dry to me; and they are in no way lying or being deceitful. 

It's always seemed pretty simple to me. They advertise a print run of 1,500 for game x. That covers all copies that exist. They have said time and time and time again that some are kept behind for conventions, give aways, promos, and to cover damaged items. So we know the total print run, and it's safe to assume that maybe about 200ish of that print run is held back and not sold. Why does everyone always default to thinking that everything is against some obscure law? It seems pretty cut and dry to me; and they are in no way lying or being deceitful.
Exactly, I think people are assuming that state laws that apply to certain types of advertising (i.e. auto sales and other specific types of products) where bait and switch was a huge issue somehow universally apply to other types of selling activity. That's just not the case and certainly not here where they aren't promising to sell any particular quantity but are instead telling consumers that a certain quantity was pressed.

bread's done
Back