Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I don't understand the controversy here, sorry, I think you guys are seriously misunderstanding what happened. Most people don't request their returns back. Once games come in as damaged, they are immediately placed into a pile of returns. In the offchance someone needs a return back, we send back the *best* condition copy we have on hand. In this case, sabanoo got a better game back. When they started talking to CS, we didn't know how many copies we'd have back so there was no reason CS could mention they had something better available.

We've given sabanoo a sizable refund for the damage and offered a replacement slipcover when we have them. The only issue that happened here of concern is that we forgot to ship the replacement in a box. Bear in mind the shipping team is shipping out 20,000 orders right now. The request for a box was lost in the mix. We're doing what we can to make the situation right.
Well no that's not the only issue of concern here and that's kind of the point. You've been ignoring the actual issue. I also already stated here everything you just said. Please just read the posts above yours first.

You need to work on improving your customer support. I'm not sure if you're intentionally ignoring that issue but it's been said several times now. Continually defending poor customer support is not a great stance.

None of us know what your internal structure is like but that also shouldn't really matter. If your employees are overworked and that's causing them to be rude and make so many mistakes maybe that's something you need to address.

What happens when you receive damaged copies from Sony? Do they replace them or what?
Doubtful, as that assembly has probably already been changed over to the next game they are producing by the time LRG receives the damages. They should be able to a get a refund, but more than likely just a credit for future productions.

Doubtful, as that assembly has probably already been changed over to the next game they are producing by the time LRG receives the damages. They should be able to a get a refund, but more than likely just a credit for future productions.
We get a refund but we don't typically get replacements.

Well no that's not the only issue of concern here and that's kind of the point. You've been ignoring the actual issue. I also already stated here everything you just said. Please just read the posts above yours first.

You need to work on improving your customer support. I'm not sure if you're intentionally ignoring that issue but it's been said several times now. Continually defending poor customer support is not a great stance.

None of us know what your internal structure is like but that also shouldn't really matter. If your employees are overworked and that's causing them to be rude and make so many mistakes maybe that's something you need to address.
I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to be rude. I'll look into the support tickets and speak with the CS rep about what I see. I've merely just been explaining to you why the mistakes happened. I'm not defending them being rude.

Seems to be a communication issue at LRG support, maybe? If they knew they got 100 copies of the game damaged, then they shouldn't have said "we can replace your copy" given they basically have 100 fewer replacement copies of the game. If they said they couldn't replace your copy from the get-go, I think all of this could have been avoided.

Seems to be a communication issue at LRG support, maybe? If they knew they got 100 copies of the game damaged, then they shouldn't have said "we can replace your copy" given they basically have 100 fewer replacement copies of the game. If they said they couldn't replace your copy from the get-go, I think all of this could have been avoided.
The issue is that we did have some number of copies - I think only like 5 to 10 copies - for replacements. We really should have just refused returns, though. It was my fault CS didn't know about the extra slipcovers coming in from Sony. I thought I had told at least two of them, but I'd actually only told one.

Everyone is always so tense in this thread.

tumblr_ndwshy29mz1t676slo1_1280.gif

Does anyone know if there will be anymore releases for Oct? Or is it just the two releases on the 13th?
I believe it was mentioned earlier but there are 3 major exciting releases that have been teased. Windjammers was confirmed as one of those 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it was mentioned earlier but there are 3 major exciting releases that have been teased. Windjammers was confirmed as one of those 3.
They already announced Windjammers though. The three Josh teased should be completely different from Windjammers since they are bout to sign them. Windjammers already got signed.

Unless the three you are talking about are not the three JPN releases that are about to be signed and are 3 other releases coming in October/November

So is Windjammers coming this month? or do we not really know yet?

Thanks for the responses guys. I should pay more attention, but i'm not really a twitter or a facebook user to keep track of this stuff.

So is Windjammers coming this month? or do we not really know yet?

Thanks for the responses guys. I should pay more attention, but i'm not really a twitter or a facebook user to keep track of this stuff.
Windjammer was supposed to come October but it got pushed to November. And even then, it might not come November if they hit some snags.

They already announced Windjammers though. The three Josh teased should be completely different from Windjammers since they are bout to sign them. Windjammers already got signed.

Unless the three you are talking about are not the three JPN releases that are about to be signed and are 3 other releases coming in October/November

Doomstick literally said it.

Windjammers is one of them - bear in mind high-quality was a bad descriptor, I really just mean to say games people will get really excited about like Night Trap. I wouldn't call NT high-quality, but it fits what I'm getting at here.

Doomstick literally said it.
Ok.

My confusion was in regards to which three you were talking about. Since Josh was literally teasing 3 JPN PS4 games close to getting signed 2 - 3 days ago and then you have November's 3 "heavy hitter" releases.

obviously this was answered. But for future reference since information comes from Twitter, Neogaf, Mighty Rabbit Forums, and CAG, which usually gets lost in the usual "my order isn't here, i want a refund, lol bad game, damaged item, etc" banter.

I just want to know an update with Salt & Sanctuary. The long time and silence has been weird. I know this stuff can take lots of time but the complete silence has made me worry they've cancelled it. I've held off on buying the game so I could wait for physical - if it's still coming at somepoint that's fine, but if it's cancelled or whatever I'd like to know that too :/

I just want to know an update with Salt & Sanctuary. The long time and silence has been weird. I know this stuff can take lots of time but the complete silence has made me worry they've cancelled it. I've held off on buying the game so I could wait for physical - if it's still coming at somepoint that's fine, but if it's cancelled or whatever I'd like to know that too :/
Not cancelled. Information has been sparse besides a potential October release. But that is up in the air ever since the ESRB thing happened. A lot of things have been delayed as a result.

The port house that did the Vita version didn't format it correctly. Because of that, the game now needs a full rebuild. Release date is totally up in the air but it isn't canceled. If I even tried to estimate, people would get mad if we missed the date.

The port house that did the Vita version didn't format it correctly. Because of that, the game now needs a full rebuild. Release date is totally up in the air but it isn't canceled. If I even tried to estimate, people would get mad if we missed the date.
Well that sucks.

Ahh understood. Sucks, but glad to hear it wasn't canned. I'm not one to ask for an eta. I've always preferred a 'release when it's ready' method. That said you guys have been very open about what you guys do so the kind of blank slate that has been going with S&S had me concerned it may have been canceled. Thanks for the update!

Finally got my Fantasy Friday Bundle shipping notice. WOW, that was for sure my longest wait not counting Skull Girls of course. LOL

We've been shipping things out on time, as stated. The only delay we've seen is LawBreakers CE being off by a week. We're not making an effort to scam you. Be patient, we'll get your stuff out.
What about the standalone release? It's been holding back Wonderboy, this is getting atrocious. I have yet to receive any kind of communication on this.

Just a heads up everyone- I got a shipping notification for my single copy of Caladrius Blaze PS4. Might wanna check your email.

I think the only game that I don't have a shipping notification for is Absolute Drift Zen Edition.

I can live with that.

When are LRG gonna announce GOOD Games? All I see are random indie crap. Other than Ys and Caladrius I haven't bought anything from them in a while

When are LRG gonna announce GOOD Games? All I see are random indie crap. Other than Ys and Caladrius I haven't bought anything from them in a while
I have three separate orders that span all the way back to mid August, for a total of ten games. WTF is going on their?

Absolute Drift is coming this week. It’s all about indie games when it comes to specialty physical releases. If you want COD go to Gamestop.

It’s sad that Shadow Warrior 2 was a LR cause a lot of people missed it and a few who received it with the intention of selling it at a high price. Which is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s sad that Shadow Warrior 2 was a LR cause a lot of people missed it and a few who received it with the intention of selling it at a high price. Which is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want to be taken seriously, you should post more than 3 times....ever. Proper grammar would go a long way to help people understand what you're trying to say.

That said, SW2 was not a LRG release. There was an opportunity to purchase it a month or so before LRG sold their variant. So you had more than one chance to buy. Also, buy it digital, if you want it that badly and avoid scalper prices.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should post more than 3 times....ever. Proper grammar would go a long way to help people understand what you're trying to say.

That said, SW2 was not a LRG release. There was an opportunity to purchase it a month or so before LRG sold their variant. So you had more than one chance to buy. Also, buy it digital, if you want it that badly and avoid scalper prices.
Sorry about the grammar. Also I was not aware that the game was sold prior to LRG. And I collect games so I rather have a physical copy than digital.

Also I just spoke my mind and did not mean to offend anyone. My apologies if you felt offended.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Sorry about the grammar. Also I was not aware that the game was sold prior to LRG. And I collect games so I rather have a physical copy than digital.

Also I just spoke my mind and did not mean to offend anyone. My apologies if you felt offended.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Wow...

I've been having a lot of trouble logging into my account so I haven't been able to contribute or complain for a week or so.

So I'd like to just make a big yelling rant post here. fuck LRG BLAH BLAH BLAH RESELLER CHRIS skip this release garbage tier Twitter customer service, skullgirls, variant, completionist, trading cards, EBAY aldskfhasdl;kghasl;kdf. 

I kid, I don't have any issues haha. I am just waiting for a bunch of stuff I'd like to play. I have a stand and a binder coming...I've been doing a bunch of unboxings and I'll do one of those for anyone who may be interested in seeing the stand and binder. 

Just watched the trailer for Wayforwards new game, The Mummy Demastered. Holy crap it looks good.

Is that one possibly in the pipeline LRG?

Just watched the trailer for Wayforwards new game, The Mummy Demastered. Holy crap it looks good.
I just looked that up, and it does look pretty bad ass. I wish Vita was getting some love, but I would say a physical PS4 version is possible. Not so much for the Switch currently, but it may happen at some point, if and when LRG gets to offer NS games(but I won't be holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon).

Well, it is a WayForward game. (one of my favorite developers) And they've worked with LRG before for some of their previous titles. So I don't think it's impossible. But it will be partially dependent on whether or not WayForward will be able to partner with a larger publisher for a larger physical release. (and whether or not they would even want to) On that subject I can't really speak with any authority. That sort of decision would involve all sorts of logistics that would be particular to WayForward and the performance of their games in the market, none of which I'm privy to. WayForward has worked with LRG before, but they did so for some of their older, digital-only games. Since then they've published more recent titles through other publishers, and they have a reputation as a solid developer in the industry. It's likely that they would be able to negotiate a physical publisher if they wanted to.

And of course, you have to take into account the fact that LRG has a backlog of titles to release that they've already signed contracts for. There's a line. If WayForward was going to do a physical release through LRG to coincide with their digital release (Lawbreakers-style) they would have to get that deal on the books months ahead of time, at the very least. If it does happen, we'll likely hear about it long before it actually comes due, so it won't be a surprise.

This just looks like another Metroidvania... except with a movie tie-in. WF makes solid games though so it'll likely be solid.

I wish WF would give an update on my fucking KS rewards of 1/2 Genie-Hero already.

I wish WF would give an update on my fucking KS rewards of 1/2 Genie-Hero already.
I'm with you on that request, talk about taking their sweet ass time! LOL

As long as the final products have a good quality, I'm OK with the wait, but I'm expecting some half baked crap to meet their obligations, and little else(I hope I'm wrong though).

I believe the fine print for that mummy game had copywrite information for a big movie studio attached to it. So maybe not.
Hopefully that means a big publisher will publish it physical. That is definitely a game I would want to buy physical. It's a nice blend between Metroid and Castlevania.

Props to mrliquid for pointing it out.

I guess there's 4 cards for Ys Origin? Got #86 with my Vita CE, and haven't seen pics on it online yet, so here it is:

IMG_0876.jpg

Looks nicer than the other Ys Origin cards.

bread's done
Back