Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I have managed to get every single Vita release and CE from LRG, up until today. Was on a very fast commercial internet connection and went through the checkout process fast. Wasn't too nervous when I got that waiting screen for 5-10 seconds, but was shocked when I was told the CE was no longer available. The CE had to have sold out insanely fast because it was no more than 30 or 45 seconds past 10:00 when I got the screen telling me it was no longer available. I felt going in that the number of CEs being offered were a bit on the low side, but not by much. I am guessing the issue was in allowing people to grab 2 copies. I figured they would change that before the first batch but they didn't. This is easily my favorite LRG CE package, so keeping my fingers crossed I can get one at 6. If not, then my complete NA collection (CE's and regular) will come to an end, which may be for the best going forward haha.
Honestly, if you were 30-45 seconds past 10, you were already over a minute "late". The CE went live for me when the timer hit about 25 seconds to go and I was checked out mere seconds after 10a.

Honestly, if you were 30-45 seconds past 10, you were already over a minute "late". The CE went live for me when the timer hit about 25 seconds to go and I was checked out mere seconds after 10a.
Yeah, I actually didn't start checking out then. I started the checkout process seconds before 10. Clearly I was too late and should have just checked out with the CE and nothing else, as well as refreshed before ten seconds before 10. Need to be on my game a little better in the future and start refreshing well before 10.

Over the last hour: Revenant Saga (PS4) went from 442 to 425, so 17. Metronomicon went from 42 to 27, so 15. It looks like at this rate Revenant Saga definitely is surviving till they pull the batch in prep for the evening slot. Metronomicon will probably survive as well, though not as obviously as Revenant Saga.

Also interestingly LRG has a Fangamer page now on the site. I never noticed this before.

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/fangamer
So they dedicate a page to this and I have to dig through tweets to find the link to their shipping update page?

I'm trying my hardest to avoid munch's cuz I told myself to stop buying release I'm not gonna ultimately play, but the temptation is high

I'm trying my hardest to avoid munch's cuz I told myself to stop buying release I'm not gonna ultimately play, but the temptation is high
I'd buy it based on the simple fact that this one will only cost more money later on. If you decide you don't actually want it, then sell your copy.

Got one CE - checked out right under a minute.  It was sold out right after though.  Regular edition now sold out too.

But hey, the $200 bundle is still available!

Damn i ordered 2 Oddworlds by accident not seeing that they limited it to 1 for the pm batch. Is there any way I can cancel 1 so i don’t cance the whole order?

I got a paypal error telling me that I've been inactive for too long. This happened 4 times (with multiple sign ins and outs) and by the time I had switched browsers it was too late. fucking brilliant.

Tried for CE and regular Munch's in same order and am walking away with neither. Too bad, I have the other LRG oddworld games too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I considered getting the CE, but I'm trying to cut back on the number of CEs I buy. Too much cool stuff, not enough space, and my wallet appreciates it as well. It is a really cool CE, though I'm not as sentimentally attached to Oddworld as some.. Hope my lack of buying one enabled someone who legitimately wanted one to get one.

Damn i ordered 2 Oddworlds by accident not seeing that they limited it to 1 for the pm batch. Is there any way I can cancel 1 so i don’t cance the whole order?
You can open a support ticket - limitedrungames.freshdesk.com

Also, it is interesting to note that shipping was actually cheaper when I ordered the CE and other 3 releases in two separate orders ($5.50 shipping for each order) as opposed to having all the games in one order ($12.50 shipping for all in one order), like I had before the CE was removed from my morning order.

I got a paypal error telling me that I've been inactive for too long. This happened 4 times (with multiple sign ins and outs) and by the time I had switched browsers it was too late. fucking brilliant.
yeah I never rely on paypal if you're gonna be ordering something that requires rapid checkout

yeah I never rely on paypal if you're gonna be ordering something that requires rapid checkout
It's weird, though, because I've been doing this since SMRPG using Paypal, two tabs open, sign in 5 minutes beforehand, etc, and this is the first time I've ever had anything like this happen.

CE went live 10 seconds before 6 for me. Just got that one since I was afraid going for the vanilla in addition to the CE might result in me getting neither. I really love that CE and wanted it bad. Whew! This is easily the closest call I've had in not getting a game. Got Metronomicon plus soundtrack and Vita Revenant Saga this morning. Looking forward to playing all three games.

CE went live 10 seconds before 6 for me. Just got that one since I was afraid going for the vanilla in addition to the CE might result in me getting neither. I really love that CE and wanted it bad. Whew! This is easily the closest call I've had in not getting a game. Got Metronomicon plus soundtrack and Vita Revenant Saga this morning. Looking forward to playing all three games.
Yeah this was definitely the closest I've come to ever missing a release from LRG. Still think it was a little shitty to include 500 copies (of the 2000 total) of the CE in a bundle with a bunch of other stuff that not many people wanted. And it was definitely shitty to limit the CE to 2 per order in the bigger morning batch.

Bundle is now sold out finally, too.

Be sure to sign up for the CE waiting list now if you are still interested.

Yeah this was definitely the closest I've come to ever missing a release from LRG. Still think it was a little shitty to include 500 copies (of the 2000 total) of the CE in a bundle with a bunch of other stuff that not many people wanted. And it was definitely shitty to limit the CE to 2 per order in the bigger morning batch.

Bundle is now sold out finally, too.

Be sure to sign up for the CE waiting list now if you are still interested.
I have been very supportive of LRG and the way they have handled things since their inception, even when other people were giving them a lot of grief. This is one of the very few times I think they really messed up. Hopefully in the future when it comes to popular franchises they put a limit of one copy per person from the onset or they make more copies. Not only is Oddworld a popular franchise, but that CE is totally kick ass.

It's weird, though, because I've been doing this since SMRPG using Paypal, two tabs open, sign in 5 minutes beforehand, etc, and this is the first time I've ever had anything like this happen.
this happened to me when i was trying to purchase night trap. iirc the fix at the time was to clear your browsers cache to prevent it from happening again.

It's funny, I was scrambling this morning to get Metronomicon, and when I came to the forum afterwards and saw all the posts about a game being sold out, I thought that was the game people were talking about.  It wouldn't even have entered my mind that everyone was going bonkers over Oddworld.

Got the line thing when trying to order....already knew my order was doomed. I'll just go play Munch's Odyssey on the PS3, since it was a free PS+ game a while back.

Got the line thing when trying to order....already knew my order was doomed. I'll just go play Munch's Odyssey on the PS3, since it was a free PS+ game a while back.
PS3 version is better anyway and I have it as well. I had the line thing, but was able to get one.

Summary of today's events:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

It's funny, I was scrambling this morning to get Metronomicon, and when I came to the forum afterwards and saw all the posts about a game being sold out, I thought that was the game people were talking about. It wouldn't even have entered my mind that everyone was going bonkers over Oddworld.
It comes with a soda can.

*Sigh*

Was just going to grab a standard copy of Oddworld but I spaced on the morning sale, realized it and told myself I'll just catch the evening one.  Then did the exact same thing for that as well.  No one to blame but myself really but...

Damn you Monster Hunter World and your addictive nature.  I sat there and played for 12 hours straight without realizing it.  Hell if it weren't for noticing I missed the sale I wouldn't even be entirely sure what day it is now.

I just refuse to buy Kemco games knowing they are so cheap on Android and seem to get bundled on PC quickly enough. At least this one has a platinum I believe, which I would have bought with the Oddworld.

So I have like 5 open orders now, not including Skullgirls.  What happened to these shipping update emails we were supposed to be getting occasionally?  Screen Cheat/The Bit Trip was supposed to ship in February and that is not looking good now.

Got a notice that Skullgirls vita will be shipping this week, which means my bundle will finally arrive.

tenor.gif

So I have like 5 open orders now, not including Skullgirls. What happened to these shipping update emails we were supposed to be getting occasionally? Screen Cheat/The Bit Trip was supposed to ship in February and that is not looking good now.
Nobody has been putting them on blast lately...

So I have like 5 open orders now, not including Skullgirls. What happened to these shipping update emails we were supposed to be getting occasionally? Screen Cheat/The Bit Trip was supposed to ship in February and that is not looking good now.
"youll eventually get your shit."

bread's done
Back