Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
No, but 2 out of 50ish for retail and 4/5 for LRG still stands out.
Were all those 50 mailed to you though? I have received loose discs from Amazon maybe 50% of the time, Target maybe 25% and Best Buy 75% of the time by mail. As such, I try to do store pickups whenever possible and even then I'll occasionally get a floater.

It's very simple. LRG charge you $4 on shipping but it'll cost them less than $1.25 to shipped out your package and it took 5-7 days hit your door. If they pump up $1.75 and it get to you 2-3 days is way different. Chance we receiving loose discs 25% out off 100%. This is all LRG false for keeping extra $$$ on shipping. Both of mine & my friend copy is loose disc. I will stay away from LRG physical Disc copy now. I'll only go after Vita version. Thinking get both PS4 & Vita next week but now only VITA is on my wanted list.
You should stay away from all PS4 releases, then. I have a collection of videos that proves this is not an issue exclusive to us. Also, I'd love for you to point me to where we can mail packages for $1.25 (postage, labor, supplies, etc included). We don't profit off of shipping and it is absurd to think we do.

You should stay away from all PS4 releases, then. I have a collection of videos that proves this is not an issue exclusive to us. Also, I'd love for you to point me to where we can mail packages for $1.25 (postage, labor, supplies, etc included). We don't profit off of shipping and it is absurd to think we do.
It's a shame PS4 retail games are so prone to having floaters. Not sure why Sony can't fix the issue, but they don't seem to care.

As for shipping costs, LRG is more than fair with what you charge. Masterkyo has no clue about shipping costs, just ignore him.

Were all those 50 mailed to you though? I have received loose discs from Amazon maybe 50% of the time, Target maybe 25% and Best Buy 75% of the time by mail. As such, I try to do store pickups whenever possible and even then I'll occasionally get a floater.
u must be unlucky then.

There is literally nothing we're doing that causes loose discs and nothing we can do to prevent them. If we could fix the issue we'd be stupid not to even if it cost more. We handled Dragon Fantasy with care during the packing process. At no point were games thrown around or handled improperly. There is no difference between a box and a bubble mailer when the problem is INSIDE the case. We don't pick the cases used - they're identical to every PS4 case on any retail game. Our games are manufactured and sealed in the same factory that every PS4 game comes out of. If anyone has a reasonable, well-thought out idea of how the loose discs are our fault and how we can fix them - I'd love the input.

This issue is a sore spot for me because there is no solution and it's been extremely exhausting to deal with.

Don't let it get you down man, there's just always going to be some people that complain about absolutely everything.  All of the other big name retailers ship single games in bubble mailers too.  If they are repeated problem customers just blacklist 'em.   They aren't worth your time.  You can't control USPS or their local mail carriers. 

It's a shame PS4 retail games are so prone to having floaters. Not sure why Sony can't fix the issue, but they don't seem to care.
At the end of the day, Sony is selling games to be played, so unless the floaters are arriving scratched or with some other issues, I doubt they would ever change the case design, as the games are arriving in perfect condition, just loose.

There is literally nothing we're doing that causes loose discs and nothing we can do to prevent them. If we could fix the issue we'd be stupid not to even if it cost more. We handled Dragon Fantasy with care during the packing process. At no point were games thrown around or handled improperly. There is no difference between a box and a bubble mailer when the problem is INSIDE the case. We don't pick the cases used - they're identical to every PS4 case on any retail game. Our games are manufactured and sealed in the same factory that every PS4 game comes out of. If anyone has a reasonable, well-thought out idea of how the loose discs are our fault and how we can fix them - I'd love the input.

This issue is a sore spot for me because there is no solution and it's been extremely exhausting to deal with.
I'm curious, what do you guys do if you get games with loose discs? Does Sony reimburse you guys somehow or do they just not care (I'm assuming the latter)?

Has there been any word as to when we'll see The Silver Case pop up? I believe release date is October 7th, and I actually kind of expected them to try and have the game in players hands at that point, which would hint at them going up soon. Haven't seen any news on it recently though.

I'm curious, what do you guys do if you get games with loose discs? Does Sony reimburse you guys somehow or do they just not care (I'm assuming the latter)?
There's nothing they can do but ship them out anyway. Sony is probably sitting on 100+ million of these cases so the only thing they could do is change the way they are shipped. When Uncharted 4 came out my store got a whole box where every disc was loose (30 copies) and we just had to sell them as-is.

u must be unlucky then.
Not really. I suspect people that live closer to the distribution centers that Target, Gamestop and BB tend to use for bigger releases probably don't get as many floaters as I do, but in talking with my collector friends, it is a very, very common issue.

Most of them were, yes. I have 2 day shipping from Amazon and Best Buy, so I get most of my stuff there. I can think of 2, maybe 3 PS4 games I've gotten that were floaters.

I don't know what the issue is either, unless it's the black envelopes.

I do get most of my Best Buy stuff from UPS instead of USPS though.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm pretty sure there is a difference between a box and a bubble mailer as far as discs coming out of the hub is concerned. All it takes is pressure on the case near the middle for a disc to pop out of it's hub. If any heavier object (not hard to do) is placed on top of a bubble mailer with a PS4 case in it during the shipping process, there is a good chance that disc is popping out. I would say way more than half of the PS4 games I get in the mail have loose discs. I don't really care since I'm opening them anyway and thanks to them being Blu-Ray discs, they aren't scratched.

I know in late to the party but lmao $1.25 shipping, the bubble mailers and labels cost more than that hahaha. Without even accounting for postage.

Sony doesn't do anything as the expectation is that the games will be opened. When we encounter a loose disc during shipping we set it to the side and open it up to reseat the disc. That open box copy of the game is then placed into a pile of games in our back room that will be sold on Black Friday as an open box item.

Having received a number of loose discs in both boxes and bubble mailers, I can assure you the problem is not the packaging. Sure, a box may slightly reduce the issue, but we've gotten plenty of emails from people who've bought boxes and still received a loose disc. Short of seating a game inside of a giant gyroscope that keeps the game perfectly level no matter how the box is rotated or shook, there is no way to solve the issue. Outside of just telling Sony to not put shrinkwrap on the games - that'd make the whole situation a whole lot easier.

Maybe shipping a Vita game with a PS4 game makes it worse, cause the Vita case presses the center of the PS4 case? I have no idea.

P.S. Without discounts that big box retailers get, shipping 1-8 ounces is $2.60 in postage alone. A Vita game is about 2 oz, and PS4 about 5 oz, before packaging. There's a sharp price increase from 8 to 9 oz, with 9 oz being $3.30. Adding in shipping supplies is like another $0.25 or so.

Sony doesn't do anything as the expectation is that the games will be opened. When we encounter a loose disc during shipping we set it to the side and open it up to reseat the disc. That open box copy of the game is then placed into a pile of games in our back room that will be sold on Black Friday as an open box item.

Having received a number of loose discs in both boxes and bubble mailers, I can assure you the problem is not the packaging. Sure, a box may slightly reduce the issue, but we've gotten plenty of emails from people who've bought boxes and still received a loose disc. Short of seating a game inside of a giant gyroscope that keeps the game perfectly level no matter how the box is rotated or shook, there is no way to solve the issue. Outside of just telling Sony to not put shrinkwrap on the games - that'd make the whole situation a whole lot easier.
1. I'd love to see a mock up of the giant gyroscope shipping container your proposing. It could revolutionize the shipping industry as we know it.

2. Maybe you could sell the no shrinkwrap idea to Sony as a low cost cutting measure for them to save on.

3. Neither solution applies to me as I've been opening and playing my games from you guys...so yeah.

Joking aside though, I understand why the loose disc irks some people. I used to be the same way back in the dvd days. Freaking hated it when it would happen. Now my loose disc ratio I receive is pretty much equal to what it was back then. The difference is as I have yet to encounter a single instance where a blu-ray to even receive a wipe away scuff let alone a scratch due from it. As long as it not actually damaged it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Also I do want to say the whole thing with opening loose discs copies when encountered and setting it aside for a BF open box item. That is a simple but genius idea just within itself. Those who are still looking for a copy of any particular title by that time, I would think wouldn't really care if it was an open box or not. Though just on the fact that you guys would go that far out of your way to replace them on the initial order for your customers. Bravo good sirs, bravo.

hand deliver each package.. do not get in any type of car or plane but walk each package to the addresses :)

i really thought one of your workers was just standing around all day shaking the hell out of the ps4 games trying to get them all loose

i really thought one of your workers was just standing around all day shaking the hell out of the ps4 games trying to get them all loose
I thought maybe it was just how they were handled from the shipper to LRG. All those boxes... tossing them off the back of a truck... and LRG just shrugging and shipping them. I wonder if All Pack did as good a job pulling lose disc copies? Depending on how they manage the inventory and how it got to them... that could make a big difference as well with lose disc games just shipping out if the employees didn't care as long as the outside looked ok.

The combo of vita & ps4 in the same package attributing to some of the loose discs is an interesting idea. I wonder if just a simple cardboard insert between the games... and between the game and the bubble wrap would solve this issue completely. They should do some tests with known good copies of games to another address and check some of the shipping options to see what is there.

I do think the bubble mailers could be a part of the problem. I've had plenty of ps4 games shipped from Amazon and other retailers and each time it was the more traditional manila colored paper bubble mailers... and never had a loose disc.. but the bubbles may just be that much bigger to provide that extra bit of resistance to impacts. Add to that, the problem with Boxes from LRG seemed to be that there wasn't anything to keep the game from just bouncing around inside the box. So no wonder those could have issues.

There definitely are ways to address the issue... figure out what can be done to minimize it and institute a cost effective solution... It just takes a desire and willingness to put forth the effort to figure it out.

There definitely are ways to address the issue... figure out what can be done to minimize it and institute a cost effective solution... It just takes a desire and willingness to put forth the effort to figure it out.
There are really only three options that I see that would be possible:

1. Redesign the case, which has been stated, really doesn't help Sony or anyone else, as Sony is selling games to be played, and as long as the disc aren't damaged within the case, that's not gonna happen.

2. Include some kind of manual or padding within the case before it is sealed, which will keep the disc in place, but will also add cost, and once again, doesn't change anything except for those who are collectors and are having issues with a loose disc.

3. As LRG has stated, the last option would be to not seal the case at all, then this would allow for several different options to keep the disc from coming loose, but what difference would that make either way, as now the case is no longer sealed. And the same problemed group, is going to have the same problem.

Honestly, I've seen several issues and debates in my 35+ years of gaming, but this loose disc issue is about some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

As long as the disc isn't being damaged or broken by coming loose within the case, NO ONE IS GOING TO SPEND TIME TO FIX THIS ISSUE, AS IT IS NOT AN ISSUE FOR LRG OR SONY!

When you buy a game, the only responsibility is that it is new, and plays as intended. A loose disc is not a defective product, as once you open the case and play it, you can then return the disc to the holder properly, and the problem is fixed. A retail store will not take back a game in the case as loose, as it is a fine working game.

Yes, maybe it sucks that the game came loose, but shit happens, it's an imperfect world, deal with it.

There are really only three options that I see that would be possible:

1. Redesign the case, which has been stated, really doesn't help Sony or anyone else, as Sony is selling games to be played, and as long as the disc aren't damaged within the case, that's not gonna happen.

2. Include some kind of manual or padding within the case before it is sealed, which will keep the disc in place, but will also add cost, and once again, doesn't change anything except for those who are collectors and are having issues with a loose disc.

3. As LRG has stated, the last option would be to not seal the case at all, then this would allow for several different options to keep the disc from coming loose, but what difference would that make either way, as now the case is no longer sealed. And the same problemed group, is going to have the same problem.

Honestly, I've seen several issues and debates in my 35+ years of gaming, but this loose disc issue is about some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

As long as the disc isn't being damaged or broken by coming loose within the case, NO ONE IS GOING TO SPEND TIME TO FIX THIS ISSUE, AS IT IS NOT AN ISSUE FOR LRG OR SONY!

When you buy a game, the only responsibility is that it is new, and plays as intended. A loose disc is not a defective product, as once you open the case and play it, you can then return the disc to the holder properly, and the problem is fixed. A retail store will not take back a game in the case as loose, as it is a fine working game.

Yes, maybe it sucks that the game came loose, but shit happens, it's an imperfect world, deal with it.
Strongly agree that people just need to accept that there is a chance you will get a loose disc and if you can't handle that, LRG and any other niche title that can't readily be purchased in a store is really not for you. I will tell you that adding a manual and inserts doesn't seem to have much effect on preventing the problem. I have received many PS4 games with manuals or artbooks in the case including the recent Olli Olli collection that still had a floater. There really is no solution here other than to live with it or stop buying the LRG PS4 games.

Got both my Dragon Fantasy. 

I kinda wish LRG would include the card with each copy of a game... I know I'm bitching about something very minor, but I find them pretty neat and want to say I have one with each game.:p 

I kinda wish LRG would include the card with each copy of a game... I know I'm bitching about something very minor, but I find them pretty neat and want to say I have one with each game. :p
If you separate the orders, you'll get another set of cards/stickers, but you also have to pay shipping again.

If you separate the orders, you'll get another set of cards/stickers, but you also have to pay shipping again.
Rats, I didn't know that. Not sure I'd want to pay $5 more for a card... or even risk it, in case one game sells out while I'm checking out.

Oh well, guess it's time to think about this Friday's game. What to buy..?:whistle2:k

I kinda wish LRG would include the card with each copy of a game... I know I'm bitching about something very minor, but I find them pretty neat and want to say I have one with each game. :p
i agree with u. i would like to have one of each postcard and sticker for each game purchased.

To anyone that managed to order the SMRPG vinyl bundle; have any of yours shipped yet?

Edit: I checked right after I posted it and the confirmation page had a tracking number. I guess I didn't get an email about it going out.

To anyone that managed to order the SMRPG vinyl bundle; have any of yours shipped yet?

Edit: I checked right after I posted it and the confirmation page had a tracking number. I guess I didn't get an email about it going out.
Yeah I got mine yesterday. I just checked and USPS hasn't gotten it yet.

Hey All, I'm sure this isn't the best place to try to initiate a trade; But, I'm looking for a copy of Dragon Fantasy for PS4.

I have sealed copies of Shadow Complex, Octodad and B&C: Deadline for PS4. Ideally, I'd like to do a 1:1 trade please.

PM Me if you're interested.

I've been gaming close to 40 years now. Shipping is not really that thought provoking a subject. Not sure why you are so upset when even LRG makes it a point to pull floaters to later sell as opened copies. It's not a debate topic at all. It's an issue important to the company and to many of the buyers that are collecting these games. Be happy the issue is something silly like lose discs and not something nightmarish like the Neptunia Re:Birth 3 vita defective cart issue... or that they put the wrong version of a game on a ps4 disc or something.

The most cost effective potential solution (because I don't care about debate... just solutions to known problems) I came up with would just be a decently thick piece of cardboard (I'm talking cardboard box thick, not poster board) between the back of the box (where the spindle is) and the bubble wrap. It would need to be big enough not to slide around that much inside the bubble envelope. But it would need to be tested. Weight wise, it may be light enough to make no postage cost difference and as a bonus it could protect the art card & sticker sent as well. Heck IMO they could just drop doing the art cards or stickers to cover the cost of a piece of cardboard if it proved to be effective in preventing floaters.

Any of yall get the river city game?
A bit OT... but yes. I couldn't get mine through Natsume on Amazon as it happened I guess in the middle of the night. But videogamesplus.ca has it so I went that route. They have free world wide shipping for over $40cdn order so I added a $3usd Vita slip case to my order to push it over the $40cad and it ended up about $34 (same cost as the game without free shipping). So a free vita slip case for me.

Yeah I realize it's off topic but I didn't think it warranted it's own. We discussed rez and retro city rampage here.

And nice. I got mine from Amazon, I looked and there's an eBay seller still selling them for like $30 so if anyone missed out they're still available at retail. Just wanted to give yall a heads up since idk if everyone was aware and I know you guys like limited drops.

I've been gaming close to 40 years now. Shipping is not really that thought provoking a subject. Not sure why you are so upset when even LRG makes it a point to pull floaters to later sell as opened copies. It's not a debate topic at all. It's an issue important to the company and to many of the buyers that are collecting these games. Be happy the issue is something silly like lose discs and not something nightmarish like the Neptunia Re:Birth 3 vita defective cart issue... or that they put the wrong version of a game on a ps4 disc or something.

The most cost effective potential solution (because I don't care about debate... just solutions to known problems) I came up with would just be a decently thick piece of cardboard (I'm talking cardboard box thick, not poster board) between the back of the box (where the spindle is) and the bubble wrap. It would need to be big enough not to slide around that much inside the bubble envelope. But it would need to be tested. Weight wise, it may be light enough to make no postage cost difference and as a bonus it could protect the art card & sticker sent as well. Heck IMO they could just drop doing the art cards or stickers to cover the cost of a piece of cardboard if it proved to be effective in preventing floaters.

A bit OT... but yes. I couldn't get mine through Natsume on Amazon as it happened I guess in the middle of the night. But videogamesplus.ca has it so I went that route. They have free world wide shipping for over $40cdn order so I added a $3usd Vita slip case to my order to push it over the $40cad and it ended up about $34 (same cost as the game without free shipping). So a free vita slip case for me.
So, you want LRG to test some solution that you have zero basis to believe will work, just because you say so? This floating disc issue is common not just with LRG, but with every other retailer. I have had games ship in boxes and pouches and cardboard sleeves and all sorts of different iterations of packaging and floaters still happen regularly. I even have received floaters from retailers. The debate is over, LRG has said they can't do anything to solve the problem and nobody asked for your solution. If this bothers you so much, please don't buy any PS4 games from them. The games will still sell out immediately because the vast majority of us understand the risk but want the games and can live with a minor problem that has zero chance of resulting in a damaged game or other actual impact.

Yeah I realize it's off topic but I didn't think it warranted it's own. We discussed rez and retro city rampage here.

And nice. I got mine from Amazon, I looked and there's an eBay seller still selling them for like $30 so if anyone missed out they're still available at retail. Just wanted to give yall a heads up since idk if everyone was aware and I know you guys like limited drops.
Are you talking about RCR PS4? It's fairly available now since it had a reprint and is now available as a standard edition on the VBLANK website. https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-ps4-retail

Are you talking about RCR PS4? It's fairly available now since it had a reprint and is now available as a standard edition on the VBLANK website. https://vblank-entertainment.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-ps4-retail
He's talking about River City Tokyo Rumble w/ the bonus keychain. Looks like it sold out...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFRICLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So anyway, we have two releases scheduled for Friday but I'm not seeing any news for anything after that?
Maybe there's going to be a few weeks break? LRG moved shipping back in house so I'm sure it's a lot of stress/time/effort for them to ship out so many games. And this week is gonna be even bigger than the last batch so they're probably gonna need time to re-assess their situation.

He's talking about River City Tokyo Rumble w/ the bonus keychain. Looks like it sold out...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFRICLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Maybe there's going to be a few weeks break? LRG moved shipping back in house so I'm sure it's a lot of stress/time/effort for them to ship out so many games. And this week is gonna be even bigger than the last batch so they're probably gonna need time to re-assess their situation.
I should've read that a little more carefully since I saw retro city rampage and my brain disregarded everything else. :whistle2:

But yea, I managed to sneak in an order yesterday on Amazon when they were available. I can't believe how fast it went and it just shows that there is a real demand for physical media.

I should've read that a little more carefully since I saw retro city rampage and my brain disregarded everything else. :whistle2:

But yea, I managed to sneak in an order yesterday on Amazon when they were available. I can't believe how fast it went and it just shows that there is a real demand for physical media.
Or Natsume caught the early release mistake. If the game and keychain bundle doesn't pop up mid-day today as they indicated it was going to originally, we will know for sure if it sold out or was just a mistake that they corrected.

I think that keychain sent guys over the edge, as "free" is key. LOL

I ended up grabbing it from Play-Asia this morning, but I should have gone with VGP as they are closer, but no big deal either way. Since this game wasn't really open to pre-orders, I think most users saw that as "limited" in the end.

I wanted the game, but wasn't really all that interested in the keychain, but if I would have known it would have just sold out in general so quick, I would have grabbed it and just paid the shipping cost at Amazon. You snooze you loose, I suppose.

I'm glad to see games like this sale out quick as well, but I would love to hear how many where produced in total.

I think that keychain sent guys over the edge, as "free" is key. LOL

I ended up grabbing it from Play-Asia this morning, but I should have gone with VGP as they are closer, but no big deal either way. Since this game wasn't really open to pre-orders, I think most users saw that as "limited" in the end.

I wanted the game, but wasn't really all that interested in the keychain, but if I would have known it would have just sold out in general so quick, I would have grabbed it and just paid the shipping cost at Amazon. You snooze you loose, I suppose.

I'm glad to see games like this sale out quick as well, but I would love to hear how many where produced in total.
According to Natsume, they are going to be stocking more copies on Amazon with the keychain at some point. No word if this will require a reprint or if this is just more stock they didn't put up yet.

bread's done
Back