Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah seriously where is Cosmic Star Heroine?? That was announced like forever ago, what happened.
I think they are just waiting on the developer to finish the game. The last time frame I remember was for the end of summer, and that's kind of now, so who knows? Should be soon though.

Will the LRG edition of Skullgirls 2nd Encore have dual audio?  The Japanese import disc version features Japanese audio if I understand correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are just waiting on the developer to finish the game. The last time frame I remember was for the end of summer, and that's kind of now, so who knows? Should be soon though.
The last update on their kickstarter from the 15th of last month says they've just finished beta debugging and sounds like their just polishing things up now. But then it still has to go through the certification process from Sony, ect. Their still not giving any type of firm release date as they don't want to raise anyone's hopes only to dashed them quite expertly. Like they don't know they haven't already :lol:. Their only going to announce anything when it's actually done now.

Will the LRG edition of Skullgirls 2nd Encore have dual audio? The Japanese import disc version features Japanese audio if I understand correctly.
According to their twitter, if this has 10k in pre-orders they will add the dual audio across the board. Apparently they have to license the japanese audio for it as they don't own it and it won't be cheap. Which is weird, but being familiar with weird anime licensing over the years and considering the history of the game, it's believable. If it's 10k total across all platforms, it might happen. I stress the might part.

Yeah, according to the dev it's taken longer than they expected and his wife having twins complicated the schedule which is partly why it hasnt been finished yet.

Is either of Shantae's games getting a new trophy set ? Platinum hopefully.

And i see on the first post Rabi Ribi is gone, i thought that was part of the planned Sekai batch?

According to their twitter, if this has 10k in pre-orders they will add the dual audio across the board. Apparently they have to license the japanese audio for it as they don't own it and it won't be cheap. Which is weird, but being familiar with weird anime licensing over the years and considering the history of the game, it's believable. If it's 10k total across all platforms, it might happen. I stress the might part.
Yeah, I don't know on that one. I guess depending on what's in the set, they may get 10,000.........but doubtful. This is where a heads up before hand would have been in order a few months back. I almost imported this awhile back, and If I would have at that more expensive cost, it would be doubtful I would get in on this again. I know some deals can't be mentioned until finalized, but some hints or clues may have kept others from importing before hand.

Yeah, according to the dev it's taken longer than they expected and his wife having twins complicated the schedule which is partly why it hasnt been finished yet.
Holy ****, twins! When my son was born almost 11 years ago, I didn't have time to even play games, let alone create one, and with "twins", you can forget about it.

So, I'm assuming the Oddworld is going to be Vita only right?  Considering there was no PS4 version released.  I know there was a PS3 one but LRG doesn't or hasn't done any PS3 games, do they?

So, I'm assuming the Oddworld is going to be Vita only right? Considering there was no PS4 version released. I know there was a PS3 one but LRG doesn't or hasn't done any PS3 games, do they?
Yeah, their ads only show Vita, so I'll assume that is the only version.

Interesting development.  First it was they weren't ever going to do preorders because preorders wouldn't work.  Then they said it was one time for this PC release.  Now... we get preorders for an actual PS4 & Vita game!   Given the heavy push back from LRG and some of the diehard fanboys, I wonder if it was the dev that pushed preorders?  Whatever the case, it's what I was lobbying for from early on which makes me happy to see them at least giving it a real try.  I'm downloading the PS3 version since it was free on PS+ at one point and supposedly has the 2nd Encore as a free patch.  If I like it then I'll buy the Vita verison.  Hopefully it's a standard $25 release.

Interesting development. First it was they weren't ever going to do preorders because preorders wouldn't work. Then they said it was one time for this PC release. Now... we get preorders for an actual PS4 & Vita game! Given the heavy push back from LRG and some of the diehard fanboys, I wonder if it was the dev that pushed preorders? Whatever the case, it's what I was lobbying for from early on which makes me happy to see them at least giving it a real try. I'm downloading the PS3 version since it was free on PS+ at one point and supposedly has the 2nd Encore as a free patch. If I like it then I'll buy the Vita verison. Hopefully it's a standard $25 release.
Are you sure they released 2nd encore for PS3? I thought that was PS4/Vita only. I know they released a compatibility patch so PS3 people can play with PS4/Vita though.

It's probably still going to be a combination of both.

Their current model, and pre-orders.

It's not as if their previous model wasn't working for them, but probably after all the complaining and bitching from people about not having pre-orders, they've finally decided to be open to working out these options if they came up, which is probably more feasible now that they're a more reputable publisher that devs can feel they can rely on to sell their products.

In the end, I really don't care which way they go, as long as the copies are accessible, and still somewhat limited, I am happy to continue losing sleep once in awhile, or just get on at my leisure to place the order.

If anything, it's the GAFfers that basically wore them down, since the reps spend way more time there discussing these issues with them there, while the rest of us on CAG are left here just pointlessly whining and bitching about what works, and what doesn't work.  We're the second class citizens of the LRG world. :(

Are you sure they released 2nd encore for PS3? I thought that was PS4/Vita only. I know they released a compatibility patch so PS3 people can play with PS4/Vita though.
That's what I read. I've seen it mentioned on several sites... the update changes the title to second encore. I'm not sure if there's any content difference between the two after the patch (unless it's those dlc characters on the ps3 version).

The difference here is Skullgirls already has an English version with dual audio.  If they do the current model they would have to pay out of pocket for an expensive audio track before selling a single copy.  The developer wants to do preorder so they know if it is worth to license Japanese audio for western release.  

I'll be surprised if they manage to sell 10,000 copies of Skullgirls via pre-orders.
I think it depends on the limits. If it's unlimited preorders or at least a max of 4... we could see 10K with most of that being vita. They could really open this up and let the resellers have as many as they wanted. I can't imagine PS4 version selling over 3K.

I think it depends on the limits. If it's unlimited preorders or at least a max of 4... we could see 10K with most of that being vita. They could really open this up and let the resellers have as many as they wanted. I can't imagine PS4 version selling over 3K.
You have to find a way to work resellers into every one of your posts, don't you? It's gotten old.

There's no reason for there to be limits on pre-orders.

You have to find a way to work resellers into every one of your posts, don't you? It's gotten old.

Yeah, they are producing them to order, so I doubt they would care if one person bought 10,000, as they are getting paid either way. I don't really see the point of adding "resellers" in either.

I flip from time to time, and if something sold 10,000 units, I would stay as far away as possible, as there won't be much money to be made there unless your in it for the very long haul. LOL

Kind of amusing to me that both pre-order titles I have zero interest in. I've heard Skullsgirls is a good fighting game but I'm so burned out on those.

Did I touch a nerve? That was the first post today where I mentioned that and it was only in context with reaching 10K in sales. I don't hold it against you if you are a reseller with a storefront, a scalper or just someone that flips to make gaming more affordable.

Legit reasons to limit pre-orders... reigning in the cost of shipping. I'd imagine it costs more to ship 500 copies than it does to ship 4. They could easily put a limit just to protect their bottom line with shipping costs unless they can account for this by the bulk sale helping more than it hurts.

I'm pretty stoked to finally get a physical version of Skull Girls. It will also be interesting to see how this works out compared to the their regular release format.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using TapaTalk.

I am sure someone like Videogamesplus would do a bunk order as they have done in the past.
With this model, you never know until after orders are placed. When Gaijin made physical copies, I think every time, VGP placed a bulk order. I'm not as fond of the pre-order model since, ultimately, a bulk order drastically changes the copies made.

Plus, I've wondered how they handle pre-order numbers vs production numbers for stuff like this (ie, 1000 pre-orders but minimum production is 1,500). I mean, if games are only produced in set increments, then you will likely end up needing to produce more than actual pre-order numbers.

Thanks ill pass if i do want it ill go for the japan version
Yeah, the Japan version seems to be the superior one based on the dual audio(although we may get it as well), but I'll be getting the US version for the cost savings, as dual audio really isn't a huge selling point for me normally.

I haven't played them either...how do they compare to the recent Rayman releases in terms of quality? I love love loved the last 2 Rayman games...

The Shantae games are really cool but I think they've gotten over-hyped at this point.  Go into them with high expectations and you'll be sorely disappointed.   Go into them with low expectations and you'll be very pleasantly surprised.  They are low-budget games that were done really well, but are short in length.  There's a reason why they never saw a major retail release from a large publisher.  Temper your expectations and you will enjoy them quite a bit. 

How much is shipping usually on these things? I already on both Shantae games but I must have them physical to match with the 3rd thats coming. Wished they were priced at $20, would of made it easier to pull the trigger. And why is one higher than the other?

How much is shipping usually on these things? I already on both Shantae games but I must have them physical to match with the 3rd thats coming. Wished they were priced at $20, would of made it easier to pull the trigger. And why is one higher than the other?
$5.25 for shipping. Pirates Curse is $19.99 digitally and they have a rule in which if a retail game is priced more than $15 digitally, then the physical release will be whatever the price is plus $10. Rest are $25 flat

From an email I just received:

It's time for Shantae!
Our next two limited edition physical PlayStation 4 releases will be available today in just a few short hours at 10AM Eastern Time! If you miss the first batch, we'll have another final batch available at 6PM Eastern Time.

The Shantae series is a legendary platform game series developed by WayForward Technologies. The series began in 2002 as one of the final releases on the aging Game Boy Color platform. Launching in the shadow of the Game Boy Advance, Shantae found itself largely ignored at launch but quickly gained a cult following for it's tight gameplay, incredible soundtrack, and expressive art. With a rabid cult following and scarce availability, the original game has gone on to be worth nearly $300 on the secondary market.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse are the critically acclaimed sequels to the original Shantae. We're incredibly excited to be bringing both of these amazing games to disc for the first time - and just in time for the release of the fourth game in the series, Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero!

Both of our Shantae releases feature reversible cover art. Which cover is facing outwards under the shrinkwrap has been randomized by Sony!

Both games will be limited to just 6,000 copies (of which only 5,800 will be sold). Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut will sell for $24.99, while Shantae and the Pirate's Curse will be $29.99.

Also available will be three soundtrack CDs - one from each of the three released Shantae games (Shantae, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse) by series composer Jake 'virt' Kaufman (Shovel Knight, Double Dragon Neon, and more). All three soundtracks will be limited to 750 copies a piece and will retail for $14.99 each. The soundtracks will go on sale earlier than the games at 9:45AM Eastern Time. Due to manufacturing delays, any orders with soundtracks may not ship until mid-November.

Again, if you can't make it for the first batch of games and soundtracks, a second batch of both will be available at 6PM Eastern Time.

You can view the scheduled release time, converted to your local time zone, here: Shantae Release Time.

We hope to see all of you for the release! As always, thank you for your support of physical media and game ownership. We sincerely appreciate that you're making what we're doing possible.

^I wish we knew how many tracks / how long each of those soundtrack CDs was. I wasn't planning on buying much tomorrow, but those might have changed my mind.

^I wish we knew how many tracks / how long each of those soundtrack CDs was. I wasn't planning on buying much tomorrow, but those might have changed my mind.
Same. I was just planning to get the games, but now I don't know if I'd regret passing on the soundtracks...

bread's done
Back