Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I agree 100% on shipping times.
I realize there's not a lot you can do about backlog but several posters in here have complained about multi-item orders being held up by one massively delayed single item.
Is there anyway you can implement a system to break up those orders into multiple shipments even if logistically it'd require a small surcharge?

Thanks for joining back to the forums Doug, good to have a contact within LRG.  I've had my fair share of LRG complaints, but I do appreciate being able to buy physical games that may have been digital only had it not been for LRG.  Your explanation of taking on too much during Covid makes a lot of sense to explain some of the longer than usual delays.

I would like to ask about Revenge of The Bird King on Vita.  I understand you may not be able to share much but I'd love to know if that game is still happening (and/or any info you can provide).  I'd love to just be done with Vita but Bird King and the 2 Nicalis games are still a big mystery to me.  Thanks!

I agree 100% on shipping times. [/quote]

As someone that was here at the beginning I appreciate you stopping in. I know this thread has run from praise to toxicity and back over the years, but I do think it is good to keep a presence here.

Because I have to... is there any update on the full set Vita game?
edit guess I should have refreshed before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos to Staind204 for bringing up Vita Revenge of Bird King. I'm not expecting Doug will answer, but am completely open to being wrong on this one.

:beer:

I agree. I think there's a healthy middleground somewhere, just not 12 months. :bouncy:
I rarely buy anything digital unless it is under $5, so for me the physical release is the release. I have too much of a backlog to "need" anything on release day. I would rather not ruin my experience trying to play before patches/ fixes at this point. Last day 1 buy for me was cyberpunk and even though it is patched now I never went back based on the mess I played the first week.

I would honestly prefer the physical versions after the publishers have patched their broken launch day games. Almost everything gets a post launch patch and I would prefer a final version on disc over needing to download an update. If you have to download updates and patches to play it kind of defeats the point of limited physical releases.
I agree 100%

However you have to realize that this then pushes back the physical release by many months right.

It takes a few weeks to a month to fix whatever game breaking bug they find

Then assuming there is no more game breaking bugs(its fine if they dont optimize graphics/fps at this point, that can be done afterwards), I think they have to re-certify again with Nintendo or whomever before going to Manufacture print. Which takes another month or two(my guess)

Finally once all is ready, the can start printing the cart/cd and ship it to LRG(lets assume another month or two)

LRG finally gets there batches and sends out emails to get ready(1 more month)

So we are talking now about 4-6 more months to fix game breaking bug(this is all assumption of time since i dont work for LRG or shipping company)

And to be honestly, i dont mind if there is a delay when it comes to this AS LONG AS LRG(or game company relays message to LRG) COMMUNICATES WITH THE PEOPLE about this. The status doesnt need to be a day to day or even weekly update. Just once a month, send out a tweet or email on the status of the game and its current ETA. Thats it. And I would be fine knowing where we are at with the game releasing

"Games are 12 to 18 months out, and we want to decrease shipping times, so therefore we're working on opening up an EU storefront instead."

When will you guys learn?  They've shown you who they are.  Believe them. 

I would honestly prefer the physical versions after the publishers have patched their broken launch day games. Almost everything gets a post launch patch and I would prefer a final version on disc over needing to download an update. If you have to download updates and patches to play it kind of defeats the point of limited physical releases.
I also prefer this, but it's not always possible. Sometimes we either do the game now or never. We have been better about playing the games a ton to find any critical bugs and we ask those be fixed first. But DLC is tricky. Sometimes DLC isn't planned and comes out of nowhere.

I agree. I think there's a healthy middleground somewhere, just not 12 months. :bouncy:
I realize there's not a lot you can do about backlog but several posters on here have complained about multi-item orders being held up by one massively delayed single item.
Is there anyway you can implement a system to allow requests to break up those orders into multiple shipments even if logistically it'd require a small surcharge?
Hopefully by getting items in hand sooner we can speed things up massively. I do agree the surcharge to split orders would probably be fine but it would only work for domestic as international you have to refactor VAT and stuff.

Thanks for joining back to the forums Doug, good to have a contact within LRG. I've had my fair share of LRG complaints, but I do appreciate being able to buy physical games that may have been digital only had it not been for LRG. Your explanation of taking on too much during Covid makes a lot of sense to explain some of the longer than usual delays.

I would like to ask about Revenge of The Bird King on Vita. I understand you may not be able to share much but I'd love to know if that game is still happening (and/or any info you can provide). I'd love to just be done with Vita but Bird King and the 2 Nicalis games are still a big mystery to me. Thanks!
Bird King is still a thing that will happen one day. We aren't trying to beat anyone for the last Vita game so it's not that. It's more a fear of backlash in how it would need to be handled. I feel like no matter what angle we come up with we can find a reason for people to be mad at us. The original idea was for full set to get a copy and then proceed down the list percentage wise of a full set, but that's a lot of work to pull off and as you can see we have a lot of other things that need to be fixed first.

"Games are 12 to 18 months out, and we want to decrease shipping times, so therefore we're working on opening up an EU storefront instead."

When will you guys learn? They've shown you who they are. Believe them.
Seriously, I thought the same thing reading this...

... As I'm still buying stuff from them.LOL

But I'm just wondering how they justify saying they have problems in NA but also opening EU operations. Also coming soon (I bet), EU releases for everything that's already gotten a NA release as another reason to just print more copies of games.

When will you guys learn? They've shown you who they are. Believe them.
I'm not sure I understand this. The EU team would be separate and have nothing to do with the NA team...

EU would be so we could provide better shipping within EU and tackle some PEGI releases. Again, with a different branch of the company.

The only thing the NA side wants to do is take our EU site redesign and implement it in both regions. We are independently working on fixing our own issues.

So a company that consistently fails to meet deadlines or remediate issues with customers is going to expand to the EU where consumer protection laws are the strictest in the world at the things LRG is worst at?

Seems smart.

Expanding to EU would (I expect) cut back on international orders to LRG-USA. Which would overall help in the long run cut the volume of product they'd be handling.

Bird King is still a thing that will happen one day. We aren't trying to beat anyone for the last Vita game so it's not that. It's more a fear of backlash in how it would need to be handled. I feel like no matter what angle we come up with we can find a reason for people to be mad at us. The original idea was for full set to get a copy and then proceed down the list percentage wise of a full set, but that's a lot of work to pull off and as you can see we have a lot of other things that need to be fixed first.
Sometimes it's worth it in life to just push forward and get something done so it's done. It's been a solid 3.5 years since Bird King was revealed for vita and then confirmed in interviews. Longer than that since it was announced there would be a full set bonus game. It's been a year (?) since Vita super meat boy which that release was dragged out about as far as could be done. It's time to just suck it up and knock this out. It's not like there are 10,000 copies to mail.

The hard part is people remember the comments made along the way. Like that ama video after what was it... an e3?... where it was said that those that had the full set even if they acquired some of their games through ebay... that it would count to get the full set game.

People have long memories.

I think it'll mend some fences to actually get this to those that were so dedicated. Especially since you had to be a certain kind of crazy to be here all those friday's ready to fight the bots to secure games that were extremely limited and if you failed hope that the second batch had fewer bots no mater what the quality of the game or interest. Of course those same bots are going to nab a lot of the copies of bird king... but hopefully there will still be enough left for those few super dedicated that bought into the concept of a free bonus game. I'd imagine the list of full set collectors is short as it was easy to miss something along the way. Folks that failed but still get the game despite missing a couple will likely be happy. Similar to that 5 year bonus coin in a vita box we got. Didn't think I deserved it, but was surprised when it showed.

Expanding to EU would (I expect) cut back on international orders to LRG-USA. Which would overall help in the long run cut the volume of product they'd be handling.

Sometimes it's worth it in life to just push forward and get something done so it's done. It's been a solid 3.5 years since Bird King was revealed for vita and then confirmed in interviews. Longer than that since it was announced there would be a full set bonus game. It's been a year (?) since Vita super meat boy which that release was dragged out about as far as could be done. It's time to just suck it up and knock this out. It's not like there are 10,000 copies to mail.

The hard part is people remember the comments made along the way. Like that ama video after what was it... an e3?... where it was said that those that had the full set even if they acquired some of their games through ebay... that it would count to get the full set game.

People have long memories.

I think it'll mend some fences to actually get this to those that were so dedicated. Especially since you had to be a certain kind of crazy to be here all those friday's ready to fight the bots to secure games that were extremely limited and if you failed hope that the second batch had fewer bots no mater what the quality of the game or interest. Of course those same bots are going to nab a lot of the copies of bird king... but hopefully there will still be enough left for those few super dedicated that bought into the concept of a free bonus game. I'd imagine the list of full set collectors is short as it was easy to miss something along the way. Folks that failed but still get the game despite missing a couple will likely be happy. Similar to that 5 year bonus coin in a vita box we got. Didn't think I deserved it, but was surprised when it showed.
I think that's fair. I will propose this internally as a priority and maybe at the start of 2023 we just knock it out. It's definitely not something we could do before the end of this year with holidays coming up.

Thank you for the advice, I think you made a great case.

I like how he answers the I'm not an alt but not where MY stuff is at. 12 months now come on man.
He already addressed that. In an earlier post he mentioned they took on too much with Covid and have a huge backlog. Your game is either still being manufactured or sitting in a warehouse waiting to be shipped. It's not a great situation but I appreciate getting some context.

I'll admit I've been critical of LRG in the past but it says a lot Doug has been willing to show up here and address questions some of us have. Even if I don't love the answer that Bird King could be a while, I appreciate that he answered my question! I'm really hoping people can remain civil as it is nice to be able to ask questions and find out what's going on.

He already addressed that. In an earlier post he mentioned they took on too much with Covid and have a huge backlog. Your game is either still being manufactured or sitting in a warehouse waiting to be shipped. It's not a great situation but I appreciate getting some context.

I'll admit I've been critical of LRG in the past but it says a lot Doug has been willing to show up here and address questions some of us have. Even if I don't love the answer that Bird King could be a while, I appreciate that he answered my question! I'm really hoping people can remain civil as it is nice to be able to ask questions and find out what's going on.
Doesn't answer my specific question y'all can do a 180 if you want. Alot of people (I'm not sure about you) talked trash but now he posts you guys fell in love.

He's just repeating the same tired BS and people eat it up.

Doesn't answer my specific question y'all can do a 180 if you want. Alot of people (I'm not sure about you) talked trash but now he posts you guys fell in love.

He's just repeating the same tired BS and people eat it up.
People have every right to be upset just as I have a right to respond and acknowledge that behavior or ignore it.

The way you talk to someone can go a long way.

I didn't specifically address your particular case because I don't know the details of your order, just saying a game doesn't tell me if maybe the order had something else that might not be ready. If you would like some help you can message me your order number and I can check for you.

I would like to ask about Revenge of The Bird King on Vita. I understand you may not be able to share much but I'd love to know if that game is still happening (and/or any info you can provide). I'd love to just be done with Vita but Bird King and the 2 Nicalis games are still a big mystery to me. Thanks!
I would say it’s a safe bet there’s only a handful of those Nicalis games in the wild. There’s never been any official confirmation but from what people have put together it seems Nicalis only ever did the test print run for the Vita and PS4 version of 1001 Spikes, Binding of Isaac (vita only), and VVVVV.

I can’t remember what the exact count people have pieced together for those test prints but I believe it’s 100-200 or less which is crazy. Those games are going to be among the most sought after grails of all time, particularly for Vita collectors. I was lucky enough to snag a PS4 1001 Spikes but none of the Vita ones.

On another note, I gotta say I’m impressed Doug has continued to update in this thread despite some vitriol and negative impressions. I think a lot of us still have some pessimistic impressions of LRG but maybe, just maybe this moves the needle a little.

I would say it’s a safe bet there’s only a handful of those Nicalis games in the wild. There’s never been any official confirmation but from what people have put together it seems Nicalis only ever did the test print run for the Vita and PS4 version of 1001 Spikes, Binding of Isaac (vita only), and VVVVV.

I can’t remember what the exact count people have pieced together for those test prints but I believe it’s 100-200 or less which is crazy. Those games are going to be among the most sought after grails of all time, particularly for Vita collectors. I was lucky enough to snag a PS4 1001 Spikes but none of the Vita ones.

On another note, I gotta say I’m impressed Doug has continued to update in this thread despite some vitriol and negative impressions. I think a lot of us still have some pessimistic impressions of LRG but maybe, just maybe this moves the needle a little.
I am also of this theory for those games but I don't have any definitive answer.

People have every right to be upset just as I have a right to respond and acknowledge that behavior or ignore it.

The way you talk to someone can go a long way.

I didn't specifically address your particular case because I don't know the details of your order, just saying a game doesn't tell me if maybe the order had something else that might not be ready. If you would like some help you can message me your order number and I can check for you.

Maybe you guys need to switch your timetables. Or hire somebody who can actually do pr

I'm pissed because I have thousands tied up understand where I'm coming from I've bought every switch game. If you can just give me a reasonable update it would solve a lot of problems. And I apologize for my attitude it's frustrating because these are fixable issues.

Maybe you guys need to switch your timetables. Or hire somebody who can actually do pr

I'm pissed because I have thousands tied up understand where I'm coming from I've bought every switch game. If you can just give me a reasonable update it would solve a lot of problems. And I apologize for my attitude it's frustrating because these are fixable issues.
Did you DM him your order number? Hopefully does you a solid and looks into it.

Also this isn't a PR issue... it's a Support question. I take it support didn't help?

Curious what you ordered (those two games listed don't add up to thousands) and if you know what is holding it up?

ALSO... just out of morbid curiosity what's with buying every single switch game? That is my preferred gaming platform these days so no shade at all for being passionate about the system, but there's a boatload of releases for the system. It's a mammoth undertaking to track everything being released. Many games get re-releases... like the 3 or more versions done for Streets of Rage 4 and all those versions of that Power Rangers fighting game. I noticed a few days ago a new release that Gamefly had that I didn't even know existed (a Star Trek Prodigy game). Also worse than it was on vita, you also have a lot of code-in-a-box releases. Do you get them because they have a retail box... or is it safe to skip them? Just curious what your motivation is? I try to focus on collecting specific series I'm a huge fan of and then specific games that really impress me that I am hyped to play.

I think that's fair. I will propose this internally as a priority and maybe at the start of 2023 we just knock it out. It's definitely not something we could do before the end of this year with holidays coming up.

Thank you for the advice, I think you made a great case.
Well I am one of the few I am sure that did go through the stress of being online and grabbed every LRG Vita release. I would love to see the full set game go out. I get it will be hard to figure out the next tier but the 100% full set folks that got them direct from LRG should not sit in limbo... You could send us each two one to open and one to keep sealed :)

Also this isn't a PR issue... it's a Support question. I take it support didn't help?

Curious what you ordered (those two games listed don't add up to thousands) and if you know what is holding it up?

ALSO... just out of morbid curiosity what's with buying every single switch game? That is my preferred gaming platform these days so no shade at all for being passionate about the system, but there's a boatload of releases for the system. It's a mammoth undertaking to track everything being released. Many games get re-releases... like the 3 or more versions done for Streets of Rage 4 and all those versions of that Power Rangers fighting game. I noticed a few days ago a new release that Gamefly had that I didn't even know existed (a Star Trek Prodigy game). Also worse than it was on vita, you also have a lot of code-in-a-box releases. Do you get them because they have a retail box... or is it safe to skip them? Just curious what your motivation is? I try to focus on collecting specific series I'm a huge fan of and then specific games that really impress me that I am hyped to play.
Going to message him went I get time. I don't mean to be an ass just would love better communication.

As far as I can tell I've ordered ever single game they've had. I'm at around 2000 switch games

I don't know why but when the switch came out It just kinda happened. I do have the code in box games but that's because Walmart clearance. Alot of games are from GameStop I flip from yard sales.

I would say that the switch for me is one of the best systems made. I work 80-100 hours a week currently so portable helps.

All said I don't recommend going for a full set now paying out of pocket. I'm tempted to say switch has as much shovelware as the Wii.

I should add we've tried to track every switch physical game and last that I know it's at 2500-3000.

I am also of this theory for those games but I don't have any definitive answer.
I think some of you and/or Josh’s comments about the test print process with Sony have been the foundation for the theory that Nicalis only ever did a test print actually.

I actually seem to remember stories from somewhere about how Sony employees themselves were getting their hands on test print copies and selling them for personal gain despite being paid for by the publisher.

Ever since then it seems like anything that has come out has only corroborated the theory. Particularly the fact we’re quite literally years past the Vita cartridge cut-off date and Nicalis still hasn’t released any new information on a wider release, nor has there ever been a single copy spotted that I’m aware of for those titles that didn’t have the hole-punched UPC.

Honestly, this has become one of my own favorite stories to follow. I’m disappointed I missed out on those early Vita copies back when they were hitting eBay but this has just been fascinating to watch.

I navigated a full NA/esrb Vita set minus that South America Invizimals release and those Nicalis ones that may just be test prints. I will never do it again, too much stress. I could not imagine the magnitude of difficulty going from Vita to Switch, but I wish you luck and more importantly a fast reliable internet connection...

I navigated a full NA/esrb Vita set minus that South America Invizimals release and those Nicalis ones that may just be test prints. I will never do it again, too much stress. I could not imagine the magnitude of difficulty going from Vita to Switch, but I wish you luck and more importantly a fast reliable internet connection...
Collecting for Vita was like easy mode compared to Switch. There’s just so much more in terms of foreign releases, limited prints, revision cartridges.

I don’t have a complete NA set for vita but I’m close (some of the dumb stuff like multiple years of sports games I just don’t care about). I do have the complete LRG set for Vita though and yeah that was stressful to make sure I got each game as they came out.

I have a couple hundred Switch games but there’s no way I’m going through the trouble of getting everything. I’d have to liquidate everything else in my collection go even get close, particularly when you have stuff like Attack on Titan or Shantae Pirate’s Curse that just goes for stupid amounts these days.

Hats off to full set collectors on Switch. I don't know how JP pulls it off and like you guys said, there are a ton of releases now for it. 

This isn't a limited run thing or issue but I wish we got a code for the download of the game if we buy a physical copy at least with like a collector's edition. The games I'm waiting for I actually want to play.

Even retail games I wish did it but I understand they don't want you to sell or give out a free game.

I politely asked customer service where my order was. They just copied and pasted the below and ignored my request. I placed a order in May of 2021. A year and a half later my 700+ order still hasn’t shipped. I asked for them to ship what was in stock (some of which has been in their wherehouse for a year), and i got nowhere. So 700 in product they refuse to ship because it’s all held up because of double dragon neon collectors edition. The canned response says 8 - 9 months, I’m looking at double that time. I know I’m not the only one.
You have an order with 700 items in it and you're not Best Buy?

Mushihimesama CE is delayed because of the darn dock stuck in customs btw. Just got an update from the team.
Now this is the kind of info that is needed more often and communicated to fans/client/whatnot

Oh snapes, I get to ask a legit question: what happened to TG16CD Rondo of Blood?
Ive been wondering that myself. I assume now that all the other Konami games have been released, this will be next

The few times I’ve had to deal with customer service did go very smoothly and professionally.  One was cancelling doom collection due to the on cart drm mixup, enough to change my mind on it, and then a replacement for a dinged purchase.  I did order the valis 1 collectors bundle when it first became available because it said it included a standard copy of the game AND the CE as separate line items.  I was still fairly new to LRG at the time, and thought that seemed a good enough deal to sign up for the other items in the bundle as well.  I notice my order and the bundle description has changed to say copy of game is included in the CE now though.  Negating the discount I thought I was getting by purchasing a bundle.  Have learned the bundles generally don’t provide discounts now, but wondering if those original orders that said they would include CE and separate copy of game will be honored?

Doug, if I can offer one criticism about your company it's that you and Josh are way too soft on some of the complainers online. Some of these people have slandered your company for months, if not years by now, talked shit about you constantly, and now you're being nice to them. The customer is not always right, especially if they're abusive, and you don't have to respect anyone who treats you this way.

Doug, if I can offer one criticism about your company it's that you and Josh are way too soft on some of the complainers online. Some of these people have slandered your company for months, if not years by now, talked shit about you constantly, and now you're being nice to them. The customer is not always right, especially if they're abusive, and you don't have to respect anyone who treats you this way.
Dude, come on. Give it a rest with the trolling.

Show proof of collection poke. You're a hardcore collector shouldn't be an issue. A collector can afford a phone or camera
My collection is large and spans several rooms in my house. I just added a few shelves for my Switch collection in the living room. I'll post pictures when I have enough time to photograph it all.

My collection is large and spans several rooms in my house. I just added a few shelves for my Switch collection in the living room. I'll post pictures when I have enough time to photograph it all.
Fair enough. I also couldn't even take photos of mine if I wanted to been trying to rearrange it when I have time but working 12-16 hour days since the hurricane in Florida no time.

You guys wanna share your collections, go ahead but do it in the collections thread in the Shopping Discussions thread. 

I normally don't care if we get bit side tracked but if Doug's here answering questions and responding to our complaints and whatnot, I'd rather let this thread be open for that vs scrolling throw pictures. Talk is cheap but at least he admitted to some issues and at least explained them so more than willing to let him stick around. 

I never said you were affiliated with LRG. You have, however, been banned multiple times from this site for trolling.
I can't keep track of all of you, but you obviously know that there have been several libelous claims in this thread of people claiming that I'm associated with LRG. You are also falsely accusing me of being a previous member when I literally only found out about this site a few weeks ago when I searched about LRG on Google. Again, this is emotionally abusive behavior and no one has to take it.

I will continue to defend a company that I've been ordering from for years and will continue to support no matter what, even if it makes me unpopular here and the target of hate speech. "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything".

Wishlist games that are actually obtainable for limited run. Maybe they'll take a look at this.

1.skies of arcadia
2.castlevania 64 love the N64 second prints
3. Rocket robot on wheels n64

Please God make these happen

Also, since Doug is here - will BBY actually ship out those games that they've had listed on their site for months now without a release date or are they the bad distribution partner will all know they are? Did they actually purchase the games from you yet?

LOL yesterday I posted about LRG not shipping my order for a YEAR AND A HALF because of double dragon neon CE delay. 24 hours later, we get an email it’s prepping to ship. What are the odds ? ;)

The lesson ? Voice your concerns on message boards and social media and BBB etc. as that will force a change ie sales/reputation sliding so marketing/founders trying to do damage control. However have you seen the comments under their IG posts ? I’d guess it’s 50 percent people pissed about their orders not being shipped for a year.

bread's done
Back