Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Damn and I wanted to receive Oddworld before Christmas to give as a gift.
They are still processing orders from BF, so even if it was friday there's a good chance you still wouldn't have had it before Christmas.

You still can order it though and just give a card with a note inside (or printed picture of what was ordered). It's not as cool as having the item on hand but it's better than not giving it if the person is a real big Oddworld fan.

Didn't see any answer (but maybe I missed it), but up to what release qualifies for the Black Friday Vita blind box? Would Stealth Inc. qualify because it was also released on Black Friday? Since shipping has been delayed, would even Stranger's Wrath be a possibility?

I would guess "no" for Stranger's Wrath, but Stealth Inc. is questionable. 

What did LRG say about iam8bit? There's another tweet that says "Recently we were tagged on some negative comments regarding them and instead of positivity we responded with more negativity."

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/806905938359615488

Last edited by a moderator:
It was nothing too egregious, IIRC. They basically agreed that the quality of Rez Infinite's packaging didn't match that of iam8bit's vinyls. 

As for Rez Infinite, I think people expected a foil cover based on promotional images, but got a plain cover instead.

LRG just stated the truth, and that often times "hurts". I didn't get REZ, but based on the price, and the delay, it seems the masses where disappointed, shit happens!

Did iam8bit apologies to buyers? If not, they should as well.

It was nothing too egregious, IIRC. They basically agreed that the quality of Rez Infinite's packaging didn't match that of iam8bit's vinyls.

As for Rez Infinite, I think people expected a foil cover based on promotional images, but got a plain cover instead.
I figured it was something awful due to the deluge of apology tweets. I saw where they said that the Rez release might have been an afterthought compared to their vinyls, which by a lot of accounts seems to be true. With the amount of apology tweets, I thought there might be more to it.

The Rez Infinite PS4 cover on the final print looks like absolute garbage. It doesn't match the version that is actually displayed on the product page of the iam8bit website, which (though not great) at least had some color in the name/logo and figure. If I had ordered this game I would have been really pissed as well; it looks worse than almost any budget PS4 game released to date, and looks like they put almost no effort into it at all.

I understand professional courtesy but the apology seems disproportionate to the act. Wonder if someone made a call or something.

Who really gives a shit?

They're competitors, not friends.

Get over it.

And as already been mentioned, it was nothing all that egregious.

I don't think iam8bit has ever released anything that hasn't been delayed at least once.
There has been a lot of shipping delays with a large chunk of current orders though. :p

Kinda glad they pushed Oddworld back to next week. I think I will get that and Firewatch, any idea if they will have any of those special variant covers for Oddworld that they were selling at PSX? I really want one!

Kinda glad they pushed Oddworld back to next week. I think I will get that and Firewatch, any idea if they will have any of those special variant covers for Oddworld that they were selling at PSX? I really want one!
They will.

They're going to have a bundle of all three variants, and then they're also going to be randomly swapping out blue covers for the standard cover for orders that have only standard variants.

Yeah, so if you really want the variant, you need to buy 3 copies, so $90 plus shipping, or you can roll the dice and hope to be picked at random, and if you don't want the variant, LRG will allow you to return it for one of the other covers, but I don't see that happening, but's it's still an option.

And they will also be offering some for auction with the proceeds going to charity, but I don't think they have given the details on that yet.

LRG just stated the truth, and that often times "hurts". I didn't get REZ, but based on the price, and the delay, it seems the masses where disappointed, shit happens!

Did iam8bit apologies to buyers? If not, they should as well.
I ordered NMS CE and Rez physical edition from iam8bit and I feel like they mishandled both pretty damn badly. The NMS CEs has been nothing buy delay after delay and they rarely sent out any communication about it (have to check their twitter if you want to find any updates).

Most people seem to be saying Rez's cover definitely doesn't look anywhere near as nice as their pictures made it out to be but guess I'll find out, if and when I get my copy.:whistle2:/

I ordered NMS CE and Rez physical edition from iam8bit and I feel like they mishandled both pretty damn badly. The NMS CEs has been nothing buy delay after delay and they rarely sent out any communication about it (have to check their twitter if you want to find any updates).

Most people seem to be saying Rez's cover definitely doesn't look anywhere near as nice as their pictures made it out to be but guess I'll find out, if and when I get my copy.:whistle2:/
I hadn't heard about the NMS CE delays. They still haven't sent those out?

Repeating the question... WHAT AUCTION? I wasn't aware of LRG auction, I certainly didn't get a notification from them.
There isn't one right now. They said they will auction a small number of the PSX variant of Oddworld for charity on Ebay at some point. There is no other information.

Yeah, so if you really want the variant, you need to buy 3 copies, so $90 plus shipping, or you can roll the dice and hope to be picked at random, and if you don't want the variant, LRG will allow you to return it for one of the other covers, but I don't see that happening, but's it's still an option.

And they will also be offering some for auction with the proceeds going to charity, but I don't think they have given the details on that yet.
Ugh, definitely not buying three copies of this. I'll have to roll the dice on the variant cover. Seems this is a larger print run than normal too, is LRG generally doing larger runs now?

I hadn't heard about the NMS CE delays. They still haven't sent those out?
Nope... It went from "they'll ship early Dec" to "we don't know b/c they're stuck in a port". I've heard stories of items being stuck in ports, which is fine, but they initially made it sound like they were on the way to iam8bit's warehouses when in realize, they had just been shipping from the overseas manufacturer.

It's like they've never done this before, they've missed their delivery estimate 4 times now, I think?

Nope... It went from "they'll ship early Dec" to "we don't know b/c they're stuck in a port". I've heard stories of items being stuck in ports, which is fine, but they initially made it sound like they were on the way to iam8bit's warehouses when in realize, they had just been shipping from the overseas manufacturer.

It's like they've never done this before, they've missed their delivery estimate 4 times now, I think?
Five, from past emails.

Wow. Did they at least get people copies of the game when it launched?
Yes, they did. They sent out the codes like a day or two after it's release... their reasoning being it's so people can play the game. IMO the real reason was to avoid giving refunds, especially since the negative reviews/press on the game started coming out so fast.

Ugh, definitely not buying three copies of this. I'll have to roll the dice on the variant cover. Seems this is a larger print run than normal too, is LRG generally doing larger runs now?
Just for collection purposes, I'll probably try to get in on the bundle, but I really only need 2, not 3(as I could care less which side of the double cover is shown), but I sale on Ebay daily, so it's nothing for me to throw up the third copy and call it a day.

The print run is decided by the developer with some input from LRG. Not really? Its 4,500 plus whatever is left of the 3rd variant. Unless you wanna compare to it the first few releases

The biggest print run is Firewatch and technically Skullgirls.

I haven't received my orders from Black Friday, or the auction. Are they still being processed?

There isn't one right now. They said they will auction a small number of the PSX variant of Oddworld for charity on Ebay at some point. There is no other information.
Okay, thanks! Natboy's question included "auction" and his/her question has been answered twice, once by Doomstink, so I thought I missed an auction... I did follow the charity for the variant cover discussion, I couldn't care less about that, but obviously that discussion is lengthy as heck (I learned it has nothing to do with Natboy's question). Of course, I've learned that Natboy didn't even ask the question right in the first place, there was no auction on Black Friday! BLIND BOX is not AUCTION. People, stop clobbering the thread with craps, like that 8bit thing... Look, I just found out that there's no LRG release tomorrow, because that info gets buried!!!

It's stressful enough to schedule a Friday time slot just to buy LRG releases, please don't make things worse... Useful info only please! And yes, that includes whinny questions like "my order shipped yet?"

Look, I just found out that there's no LRG release tomorrow, because that info gets buried!!!
It's in the title of the thread. I take it the stupid "Whoop!" in the title makes it easy to skip over the actual info in there as that looks like a game name. Sort of like the previous title that had a game name called "Who cares?" or something.

Okay, thanks! Natboy's question included "auction" and his/her question has been answered twice, once by Doomstink, so I thought I missed an auction... I did follow the charity for the variant cover discussion, I couldn't care less about that, but obviously that discussion is lengthy as heck (I learned it has nothing to do with Natboy's question). Of course, I've learned that Natboy didn't even ask the question right in the first place, there was no auction on Black Friday! BLIND BOX is not AUCTION. People, stop clobbering the thread with craps, like that 8bit thing... Look, I just found out that there's no LRG release tomorrow, because that info gets buried!!!

It's stressful enough to schedule a Friday time slot just to buy LRG releases, please don't make things worse... Useful info only please! And yes, that includes whinny questions like "my order shipped yet?"
It's pretty ridiculous to criticize discussion in the thread when all you're doing is cluttering it up more with your repeated questions and failure to look at the OP. Frankly, I now regret responding to you at all.

Received shipping confirmation for the Shantae games I ordered on Black Friday. Whomever is still waiting for shipping confirmation, shouldn't have to wait much longer. 

Good lord, shut up. Go follow LRG on Twitter then.

Am i missing something!? Why has the price increased for strangers wrath? Thats 15 more then PSN version and last I checked the website it was 24.99....guess the 10 more then PSN version is out the window..

you make it sound super bad, which it is not. the extra five pays for the extras Strangers Wrath comes with
With what ? Havent got a email about the date change so was ready for today but now im bummed oh well. Next week it is. Guessing some type of extra items in packaging?

Am i missing something!? Why has the price increased for strangers wrath? Thats 15 more then PSN version and last I checked the website it was 24.99....guess the 10 more then PSN version is out the window..
The last Oddworld game was $30 as well. I'll assume these are more due to the level of work that went in to them, and that is what the developers and LRG have decided the cost should be. These games while now digital, where both full retail releases in physical form at one point in time.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy the physical versions, and anyone can buy them cheap in there digital formats. These titles are reworked and updated, if Capcom or "N" put out an updated reworked full retail game like Resident Evil or Windwaker, they charge maybe $10 less than full retail, which is often $40+. So with these games, you are still getting a bargain compared to others in the industry. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

If $30 is too much for you go find it on OG Xbox for less than $5. Oh, wait no one is going to open/play the LRG version anyway lol

There was an auction on the LRG forums just before Black Friday. It consisted of opened games and only certain forum members were allowed to participate.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this and there's no mentioning of this in this thread and this is the only place I get my LRG info (frankly, I don't know how people have so much fucking time on various forums, I'm salty for that, yes, pardon me). Can you chime in a little more mate? I hate to miss out. What are the items for the auctions?

As for the rest of you, shut up and keep it relevant and no, I'll not follow LRG tweets, fuck Tweeter and FB and whatever other social shits.

bread's done
Back