Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You'll have to be really lucky to find a person who isn't collecting all LRG releases, or not collecting all Vita to give them their copy since that one is strictly one per customer.

I think this turned out great for the Vinyl OST of Saturday Morning RPG!

i-J5j9vVB-XL.jpg

Has there been any news or updates on how the Silver Case boxes are coming along? I think it was originally slated to ship sometime in December if I recall correctly, so I'm curious if there's been any news

Has there been any news or updates on how the Silver Case boxes are coming along? I think it was originally slated to ship sometime in December if I recall correctly, so I'm curious if there's been any news
We'll send an email update out shortly. It's our first PC release so we've hit some bumps in the road. Work is progressing so we shouldn't be too far off!

Doomstink, quick question. Since the limit is 2 for stranger's wrath, would it be possible to get the blue psx one as a 3rd one in case you put it online?

Doomstink, quick question. Since the limit is 2 for stranger's wrath, would it be possible to get the blue psx one as a 3rd one in case you put it online?
It's going to be a separate listing most likely if they put it on the site, so it'll probably have its own quantity limits.

Of course, I'm still rooting for the charity auction option. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll send an email update out shortly. It's our first PC release so we've hit some bumps in the road. Work is progressing so we shouldn't be too far off!
Awesome thanks so much for the response. Eager as could be, though im glad you're taking your time to get it right! You guys are cool in my book

Doomstink, question that I made the account to ask. Maybe you guys have a specific reason not to, but do you think you could start putting up more traditional, HQ boxarts of the games? Right now you guys use the angled side view on a white background with the release number, which is fine, but all of us that use collecting software to keep track of our collections would really appreciate more pictures on the listing with just the front art (and back art would be cool too). Being so limited, means most of the time we have to make manual entries for the games, and the art that gets uploaded from other users is awful. I've seen everything from awful crops to really bad scans and photoshops, or just completely wrong art altogether. You'd save us a lot of hassle.

Doomstink, question that I made the account to ask. Maybe you guys have a specific reason not to, but do you think you could start putting up more traditional, HQ boxarts of the games? Right now you guys use the angled side view on a white background with the release number, which is fine, but all of us that use collecting software to keep track of our collections would really appreciate more pictures on the listing with just the front art (and back art would be cool too). Being so limited, means most of the time we have to make manual entries for the games, and the art that gets uploaded from other users is awful. I've seen everything from awful crops to really bad scans and photoshops, or just completely wrong art altogether. You'd save us a lot of hassle.
I really need this for my game collecting app. All my LRG in the app look crappy.

We've provided HQ art to app developers directly, though I'm not sure which ones. We don't make it super easy to access for the somewhat selfish reason of wanting to make sure stock photos on Amazon/eBay end up being our product images with the "Limited Run" logo. Essentially, our hope is that people buying games through these other sites can learn about us through the image and avoid having to buy future games from resellers. If we provided clean HQ art easily, the stock photos on eBay/Amazon would undoubtedly be those. Somewhat stupid reasoning but we are willing to provide clean art if directly contacted.

We've provided HQ art to app developers directly, though I'm not sure which ones. We don't make it super easy to access for the somewhat selfish reason of wanting to make sure stock photos on Amazon/eBay end up being our product images with the "Limited Run" logo. Essentially, our hope is that people buying games through these other sites can learn about us through the image and avoid having to buy future games from resellers. If we provided clean HQ art easily, the stock photos on eBay/Amazon would undoubtedly be those. Somewhat stupid reasoning but we are willing to provide clean art if directly contacted.
I don't know if this would work but maybe you can make available an image size that would look ok on an app but not so good on an eBay/Amazon listing?

I completely get that. I try to control images of our company's product in the same way. We send out one or two specific images to dealers/distributors to use. That way when our product shows up on eBay or Amazon by who knows what seller, it's easier to discern that it isn't authorized through us if the images don't match or there isn't an image at all.

Hmm. You know what game I wish they could get for one of these limited releases? Oxenfree.

I would adore having a physical copy of that...

I always wondered why we didn't see HQ boxarts, and that makes a lot of sense. I'm sure its led some people to your site.

Will Oddworld New N Tasty ever again be available via LRG auction, or am I SOL at this point? I missed out on this game when it was first released.

My game collection app usually has the game listed to add. I don't think the art is bad? Sometimes I have to add for a different console than is listed though (wants to list it as digital so I select the console instead).

Idk I'm not anal about artwork so maybe it's what you guys mean lol.

That's what I figured. I'd even be happy with you just plastering LRG and the number right on the front of the art, maybe even saying 'sold exclusively at LRG' or something. It's mostly the odd format that ruins it.

Curious as to what game collection app you're using?

My game collection app usually has the game listed to add. I don't think the art is bad? Sometimes I have to add for a different console than is listed though (wants to list it as digital so I select the console instead).

Idk I'm not anal about artwork so maybe it's what you guys mean lol.

I am using the Collectorz.com game collector software and they only added a few LRG titles because i posted in their forums asking for them to be added.  But if you look for Stealth Inc or Volume, they arent listed in the app for vita.  

I have the mobile and the desktop software for them and its the same way on both.  ive had to add images myself.  

this is my first time im going to try and buy a game from LGR, if i buy 2 stranger's wrath do they charge shipping for each one or just one shipping for the two, and how much is it, and any news about Firewatch release date ?

Yeah, it one price for shipping per order. If you make one order with how ever many items in it, it's a flat rate. If you make several different orders for whatever reason, each one is charge the same rate. So get as much as you can in one order and save.

Sadly, due to their them adding certain items late or early, I've had to make separate orders in the past, and pay the shipping on both.

I played this game at PSX and it's incredible! I never heard of it till the event, and fell in love with it. I'm so glad it's getting a physical release. I was one of the only person there that beat their demo that day. They gave me some swag for doing so.

My haul:

312enb9.jpg

I'm glad I was able to get the shantae games, after them disappearing from my cart when they were online. No tax and no shipping too :D

I played this game at PSX and it's incredible! I never heard of it till the event, and fell in love with it. I'm so glad it's getting a physical release. I was one of the only person there that beat their demo that day. They gave me some swag for doing so.

My haul:

312enb9.jpg

I'm glad I was able to get the shantae games, after them disappearing from my cart when they were online. No tax and no shipping too :D
Fallen Legion has just become my most wanted release put out by LRG! Not that I don't buy every other release put out by them lol, just don't want to miss this one! I hope the quantity numbers are pretty high.

Hey Josh, any word on how the 150 Strangers Wrath(variant) are going to be sold, auctioned, or give-away?
They're most likely still trying to figure it all out, and may not even be for this Friday as there's very little time left to really advertise, not that it really matters for that.

Doing the auction thing would probably be pretty cool, but the thing is they will also need to get the developer's okay on it, which is most likely what's being worked out right now.

I mean, if they can do it, that would be great, but if not, it's not the worst thing in the world that it'll just end up on the site too.

It's certainly not just going to be given away though since that would not be all that productive as there was still a cost with those.

The one thing I am interested to know though is exactly how many copies are left after PSX. ;D

Hey Josh, any word on how the 150 Strangers Wrath(variant) are going to be sold, auctioned, or give-away?
It's more than 150 apparently according to the chain on NeoGaf as they didn't sell through all the PSX stock. They said they will sell most of them in bundles with all three cover variants, a smaller number randomly for people that order the regular copy and a much smaller number on Ebay for charity.

Here is the NeoGaf post:

Originalset atOriginally Posted by LimitedRunGames

[SIZE=10pt]So I know this won't please everyone (I don't think anything will) but this is how the extra blue variants will be sold. Bear in mind that most people wanting it are completionists that want every variant and cover.

- 70% will be sold in a bundle with all three sealed cover variants. Again, most of the people who want the variant want all three covers, so this is the cleanest and easiest way to give them that wish.
- 25% will be added to the pool of standard copies and inserted into orders of those - meaning any orders of a standard copy could end up being the blue variant. If you get the blue cover and don't want it, we'll gladly accept the return and swap it for the regular cover.
- 5% will be sold in charity auctions on eBay.

The charity auction ones will likely sell for "market value" whatever that is, but your money will be going to charity, not a reseller.

If you miss out, see below.

Yes, that's highly likely. IIRC, I had to order 1,500 or 2,500 covers to hit their minimum so they've got a surplus on hand that will come back to us in a few months.[/SIZE]

Hopefully this means that nearly everyone should have no reason to be upset at this point.this point.

That's a pretty good spread, and interesting in regards to randomly receiving the blue variants, lol.

Somehow I feel that people who were aiming for both standard variants of the release, who get a blue one, probably won't give as much of a fuck that they didn't get both standard variants. ;D

I wonder how many people would actually want to "swap" that out, even if they already got one at PSX, lol.

It's more than 150 apparently according to the chain on NeoGaf as they didn't sell through all the PSX stock. They said they will sell most of them in bundles with all three cover variants, a smaller number randomly for people that order the regular copy and a much smaller number on Ebay for charity.

Here is the NeoGaf post:

Originalset atOriginally Posted by LimitedRunGames

[SIZE=10pt]So I know this won't please everyone (I don't think anything will) but this is how the extra blue variants will be sold. Bear in mind that most people wanting it are completionists that want every variant and cover.

- 70% will be sold in a bundle with all three sealed cover variants. Again, most of the people who want the variant want all three covers, so this is the cleanest and easiest way to give them that wish.
- 25% will be added to the pool of standard copies and inserted into orders of those - meaning any orders of a standard copy could end up being the blue variant. If you get the blue cover and don't want it, we'll gladly accept the return and swap it for the regular cover.
- 5% will be sold in charity auctions on eBay.

The charity auction ones will likely sell for "market value" whatever that is, but your money will be going to charity, not a reseller.[/SIZE]
This sounds great to me. I just want the standard edition and if I get slipped a limited blue version I will be really happy.

Thanks for the update. 

That plan seems decent enough, cool to see at least some are going to charity. I guess I'll have to plan out which one to go for myself.

Guess I'll be sleeping in this Friday then.

But the bad part about that is that Lone Survivor is probably going to get moved to the 30th now, at which time I'm going to be in Japan. T___T

I'll just have to make sure I'm not out too late that night when it does come out, and luckily I won't have to worry about the date mix ups since it's still the same date there.

Bleck.

bread's done
Back