Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Oh well. I was here at 6 and the Soldner with soundtrack page didn't update for a few extra minutes (the regular and the deadline games both went live). I used check4change and a few minutes later it popped up saying 75% left. Couldn't check out. I kept trying for the last 10 minutes watching it go from 75%, to 25%, to 8 copies remaining, to 6, 5, to the current 3.

I logged out, logged in, etc. Some inventory issues I guess.

Oh well. I was here at 6 and the Soldner with soundtrack page didn't update for a few extra minutes (the regular and the deadline games both went live). I used check4change and a few minutes later it popped up saying 75% left. Couldn't check out. I kept trying for the last 10 minutes watching it go from 75%, to 25%, to 8 copies remaining, to 6, 5, to the current 3.

I logged out, logged in, etc. Some inventory issues I guess.
Yeah, I tried a bunch of diff things and diff browsers, and no dice...

wow, first time I wasn't able to get what I wanted.
The last listing date must've spoiled you.

These things typically don't last that long, especially for the Vita releases, and since this is one that most people actually want, they went quick.

Just remember this for when Cosmic Star Heroine comes out, and make sure you're there within the first couple of minutes going live. ;D

I was thinking it might have been a bunch of people doing that thing doomstink mentioned earlier: somehow ordering it before it actually went live. If i was reading what he was typing correctly.

I was thinking it might have been a bunch of people doing that thing doomstink mentioned earlier: somehow ordering it before it actually went live. If i was reading what he was typing correctly.
I think it was actually more of a hack, rather than a glitch, so it'd be harder for a bunch of people to be doing that.

Not to mention, the orders have a time stamp on them, so if they really are doing it, it'd be pointless anyways since their orders would be canceled.

I can't imagine that many people are actually doing it.

I'm actually kind of wondering exactly what's going on, because I didn't have a problem at all ordering everything the first time, and then seeing the updated listings the second time.

The only difference in the second listing that was a bit disorganized is that they forgot to changed the part of the product details that notes it's current out of stock still.

Some funky things are going on, and I can't seem to pinpoint whether it's a cache issue, or what.

Did everyone try to clear that cache from LRG before they tried to make the purchase? There may be something wrong with the cookies they have for their site that's messing things up.

Did anyone else not see the Soldner bundle until like... 5-6 minutes past 6 EST? I added but it says sold out...?
Yup, why I missed out on it.

Got the sold out message on standard copy before other went live as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
They really need to increase production size while keeping true to their name and limiting to one batch.  Many people just want to buy the game physically, knowing it won't be diluted with tons of reprints.  Since demand has grown with popularity, they should increase batch size to accommodate.  Indiebox uses subscriber numbers for production.  Perhaps something like an open preorder-only period should be used to generate sales and production numbers.

The bundle was showing "OOS" within 3 seconds of it going live, despite there being 25%+ inventory left.  Stupid site.  Similar to other posters, I spent 15 minutes trying various things to get it past that error, since there were clearly some in stock.  No dice.

I kept refreshing the Soldner soundtrack bundle, waiting for it to go live, unaware that the whole time the standard release was selling out. Then the bundle comes online, and even though it says 75-100% available, it keeps saying "sold out".

I keep trying to buy it, watching the remaining inventory deplete... but it just keeps saying "sold out".

Extremely unhappy with this.

Does anyone have an extra copy of Soldner they'd be willing to trade or sell to me?

They really need to increase production size while keeping true to their name and limiting to one batch.
I think a couple batches should be fine, but I am just wondering why they decided to start doing multiple copies for Soldner when it was clear it'd be a hot ticket item.

I can understand maybe for some titles they were worried they wouldn't sell out right away, i.e. Octodad, but there was so much buzz, and hype for Soldner, it should have been kept at limit 1 copy per account.

The production size is unfortunately out of their control, and mentioned previously, and is determined by the other parties they are working with to bring the title to us. I don't think Indiebox is a good comparison since it's sort of a different beast in platform publishing. A more comparable one might be Shovel Knight, but even that wouldn't be a great direct comparison because LRG's model produces higher volumes of releases as well because of the model they use.

I guess I've been extremely lucky so far. Hasn't been anything I've missed out on getting from LRG. Got in on the Soldner bundle this morning, then put in a separate order for vanilla Soldner after that for a buddy (was paranoid I wouldn't get the bundle in time so waited to get the vanilla separately). Got tied up and couldn't get to my computer for the Breach and Clear: Deadline bundle this evening until 6:10, but was able to get one. Stinks that some folks are having trouble with the process. Also stinks that copies are already being put up on ebay for exorbitant prices. It would be nice if LRG could somehow identify the scalpers and weed them out. Not sure how that could be done though.

Yes , but still couldn't.
check out.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
I got the bundle into my cart as soon as it when up, which seemed to be a few minutes after 10 AM EST as I was able to put Soldner into my cart before I even had the option to add the bundle to my cart. It is what it is, I hope to luck into a copy for a decent price. I just cannot justify dropping $200 plus for a single game that I will never open. I know the game will only continue to rise in price, but I am going to cross my fingers for Black Friday and hope for the best. I'm happy that I have been able to order every other Vita game LRG has done though.

They really need to increase production size while keeping true to their name and limiting to one batch. Many people just want to buy the game physically, knowing it won't be diluted with tons of reprints. Since demand has grown with popularity, they should increase batch size to accommodate. Indiebox uses subscriber numbers for production. Perhaps something like an open preorder-only period should be used to generate sales and production numbers.

The bundle was showing "OOS" within 3 seconds of it going live, despite there being 25%+ inventory left. Stupid site. Similar to other posters, I spent 15 minutes trying various things to get it past that error, since there were clearly some in stock. No dice.
I totally agree. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but bojay1997 attacked me and bitched about me "not knowing how to run a business", and was very nasty to me. Even if production were in the 5000-10000 range, the really good releases like Soldner X-2 WOULD sell out. That is still a tiny quantity when you compare it to ANY other commercially released Vita game.

As it stands, not enough people are able to get these releases, and LRG (and their developer clients) are just leaving money on the table, and demand is not being remotely met.

Somehow I kept refreshing and got an order in for Soldner at 3:21 PST while the add to cart button was still there. Several times it took me to the inventory sold out page but this time the amazon payments page went all the way thru and got a confirmed order.

The thing everyone has to remember is that it doesn't seem like shopify is made for this. Thousands of customers and transactions all at once, and all going live at a specified time. I don't think a super accurate site for this niche type of transaction exists yet.

Sucks that a lot of you guys missed out, but at the same time it's still relatively early in the companies history. They've gotta iron out the wrinkles, and unfortunately in this scenario the wrinkles involve some people being unhappy with their experience.

But yeah, the 2 per person limit sucked for soldner. Flippers gonna have a field day with this one. I ended up with the soundtrack bundle even though I'm not super crazy about having the bundle. I bought it because I wasn't seeing the vanilla one go live.

It would be nice if LRG could somehow identify the scalpers and weed them out. Not sure how that could be done though.
They've actually specified that they don't really care about people who flip their games, so even if they could do it, they won't do it. :*(

I totally agree. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but bojay1997 attacked me and bitched about me "not knowing how to run a business", and was very nasty to me. Even if production were in the 5000-10000 range, the really good releases like Soldner X-2 WOULD sell out. That is still a tiny quantity when you compare it to ANY other commercially released Vita game.

As it stands, not enough people are able to get these releases, and LRG (and their developer clients) are just leaving money on the table, and demand is not being remotely met.
While I'm not totally against having a pre-order system, I also am not sure if they'll be able to keep up the type of production they've been able to do up to this point.

I just feel that it's kind of a different beast when it comes to a model that is particularly working with Vita and PS4 releases like they are. A lot of people are trying to make comparisons to all of these other places, but the thing is, none of them can compare to LRG either.

I'm sure that if this was so easy to do with the pre-order process, than someone else other than LRG would be constantly pumping out these types of physical pre-orders like crazy, and capitalizing on it since it's not like only LRG can do this. But we have yet to really see another group that is really doing this much publishing for games we would otherwise never seen in physical form. People like to bring up Shovel Knight as a more recent comparison, but how many games is fangamer actually producing for the Vita other than Shovel Knight? What about the other places? From what I've seen, not much other than LRG.

Of course, this is all just a rant, and by no means am I abdicating the errors and issues they're having today. Even if they had more copies of the game, with these errors, there were still bound to be people missing out because of it, and there would still be the same type of complaints. I think if anything, the focus on improvement should really be on focusing on their storefront, checkout system, and other critical areas that need to be stable for people who are buying.

Maybe production numbers might naturally go up in the future with those who want to work with LRG when there are better numbers to support increases with the partners, but for now, they should really focus on what's in front of them, which is taking care of the day to day stuff.

The thing everyone has to remember is that it doesn't seem like shopify is made for this. Thousands of customers and transactions all at once, and all going live at a specified time. I don't think a super accurate site for this niche type of transaction exists yet.

Sucks that a lot of you guys missed out, but at the same time it's still relatively early in the companies history. They've gotta iron out the wrinkles, and unfortunately in this scenario the wrinkles involve some people being unhappy with their experience.

But yeah, the 2 per person limit sucked for soldner. Flippers gonna have a field day with this one. I ended up with the soundtrack bundle even though I'm not super crazy about having the bundle. I bought it because I wasn't seeing the vanilla one go live.
Yeah, that's pretty much one of the biggest problems I'm identifying right now.

They should probably think about setting up their own storefront, and just at least start the process on thinking about the costs, and what not as they're clearly starting to reach a broader audience than they had before.

It seems they just felt that they could stay with what they had for awhile, but the time for change is clearly here now, so might want to consider how to manage that as soon as possible, rather than continuing to have these issues pop up.

I disagree about upping the production on these. Part of the reason these sell out so quickly is due to the limited number of copies released. As a collector I don't think I would be all that interested in a game that had a run of 10,000 vs. something like Soldner that is limited to 3200 copies. The fact of that mater is these games are all available digitally and anyone who simply wants to play them can buy them anytime for a lower price on PSN. It's all about creating a demand and a buzz, which LRG has done a great job at both and this thread is proof of that. I do agree that they should limit these games to 1 per customer, unfortunately scalpers will always be there, but don't give them the opportunity to take two copies of a single title out of circulation only to immediately put it on eBay for 3-4 times the price LRG sold it for.

Squarehard, you're not taking into account that the Vita is a very niche system, with a fairly small concentration of very passionate gamers. Why would another company bother to try to satisfy such a small clientele? There's very little to gain from it. That's why you don't see more companies trying to get into the business, the numbers are just too small.

Squarehard, you're not taking into account that the Vita is a very niche system, with a fairly small concentration of very passionate gamers. Why would another company bother to try to satisfy such a small clientele? There's very little to gain from it. That's why you don't see more companies trying to get into the business, the numbers are just too small.
That was kind of my point though. ;D

You elaborated more on it in detail however, so thumbs up for that.

I was just too lazy to get into more of a discussion than I needed it to already have been. XD

I disagree about upping the production on these. Part of the reason these sell out so quickly is due to the limited number of copies released. As a collector I don't think I would be all that interested in a game that had a run of 10,000 vs. something like Soldner that is limited to 3200 copies. The fact of that mater is these games are all available digitally and anyone who simply wants to play them can buy them anytime for a lower price on PSN. It's all about creating a demand and a buzz, which LRG has done a great job at both and this thread is proof of that. I do agree that they should limit these games to 1 per customer, unfortunately scalpers will always be there, but don't give them the opportunity to take two copies of a single title out of circulation only to immediately put it on eBay for 3-4 times the price LRG sold it for.
But the production numbers for Soldner were arbitrary and obviously much too small. That's the issue at hand; for certain games (especially shmups which have a rabid fanbase), the numbers really need to be higher. That definitely wouldn't apply for every LRG release, just the more popular ones.

If anyone has an extra Soldner X2 Vanilla version, I got those errors as well.

If you don't mind parting with it, let me know. Have an extra copy of Futuridium for PS4 and Vita or cash if you prefer.

Help a guy keep his NA collection complete :)

But the production numbers for Soldner were arbitrary and obviously much too small. That's the issue at hand; for certain games (especially shmups which have a rabid fanbase), the numbers really need to be higher. That definitely wouldn't apply for every LRG release, just the more popular ones.
I definitely see what you are saying, but I feel like limiting the number to 1 would solve this. 3200 copies is plenty if you ask me, I had zero issues getting a copy at 10 AM EST today. I feel like if you are on it when they go up, you'll be able to get an order it. Of course something like the Breach and Clear bundle is an exception, but 30 copies was an obvious instant sell out. Sucks I missed out, but I don't want them to print more copies of Breach and Clear either.

Too low, most likely, I'm sure they will have another print like Saturday Morning RPG.

The only convenient thing about these games are that they don't hog up memory.

How many of you got one of these?

https://flic.kr/p/Ko2rPJ
I have a 3G/WiFi OLED Vita, but I bought the Walking Dead bundle. I want to get a 2nd gen Vita when I have some extra cash, hoping to find one for around $100 new.

It would be nice if anyone in this thread who got two copies of Soldner X offered their extra copy to another CAG who couldn't get one. Would be a nice way to help out the community.

I did get two myself, when I made an error on the payment page, hit the back button, then added to cart a second time. I already offered my extra (at my cost) to another CAG who couldn't get one.

Good on you bud. I might be willing to sell my soundtrack at cost if anyone really really wanted it and missed it. I'll have to make sure I don't want it but I added the bundle out of panic and hadn't planned on getting it.

You have no basis for your claims now just like you didn't last week when I pointed out the numerous flaws in your argument. In the interim, the re-release of Retro Rampage came along and essentially proved that the LRG model is better if you actually want to sell out and not get stuck with product. There is no way this would have sustained 5K-10K as many of the speculators and people who care about rarity or get caught in the hype wouldn't have ordered two copies. Soldner is a SHMUP and there are numerous SHMUPS that have more limited runs than 10K units in Japan where they are a popular niche. LRG is brilliant at marketing these releases and understands both their market and the product extremely well. Maybe you should stick to trolling in the Nintendo Classic Mini thread as once again you are arguing for things that LRG has no interest in doing.

Seems like that's the issue here... the bundle didn't go up for a quite a bit and I know I added to my cart just as it went live and yet, it still sold out. I'm wondering if some people didn't see it sooner/later than others. Heck, it seems like most people were able to get the Breach & Clear/Dead Line bundle easier, and that was only limited to 30 copies.

Did Doomstink say anything about what happened during the 2nd batch?

I fully realize that people just haven't gotten around to flooding ebay with their copies yet, but holy wow! The bidding is up to nearly the cost of a copy of Breach & Clear. http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLD-OUT-Limited-Run-Games-13-Soldner-X-2-PSVita-Playstation-Vita-PRE-ORDER-/272324512084?hash=item3f67ce4954:g:rZMAAOSwRoxXm9jX

It may be safe to say that this will end up being one of the more expensive LRG Vita releases. Seeing as how it's a shmup, I can't say that I'm entirely surprised.
I wouldn't put too much into it... most likely one guy who's desperate and willing to pay, and a troll who's driving up the price and it's early, a lot of panic I bet.

You have no basis for your claims now just like you didn't last week when I pointed out the numerous flaws in your argument. In the interim, the re-release of Retro Rampage came along and essentially proved that the LRG model is better if you actually want to sell out and not get stuck with product. There is no way this would have sustained 5K-10K as many of the speculators and people who care about rarity or get caught in the hype wouldn't have ordered two copies. Soldner is a SHMUP and there are numerous SHMUPS that have more limited runs than 10K units in Japan where they are a popular niche. LRG is brilliant at marketing these releases and understands both their market and the product extremely well. Maybe you should stick to trolling in the Nintendo Classic Mini thread as once again you are arguing for things that LRG has no interest in doing.
Once again you sound just like Grampa Simpson shaking his fist at the clouds above him, as sour as ever. All your posts have that exact same tone to them. Sour, cranky and abusive.

Your analogy with Retro City Rampage is a poor one; the game is absolutely nothing like Soldner X-2, which is a highly polished shmup, one of the best on the Vita. Totally different category and not comparable at all. Physical shmups have always had a great following, and it was inevitable that Soldner X-2 would sell out quickly even with a 5K production.

Keep thinking you have the only truth if it makes you feel better, but most people don't agree with your narrow minded comments.

EDIT: And if you personally got two copies, you should sell one at cost to another CAG instead of hoarding it. How about it? Step up and contribute something more than the usual sour grapes.

Once again you sound just like Grampa Simpson shaking his fist at the clouds above him, as sour as ever. All your posts have that exact same tone to them. Sour, cranky and abusive.

Your analogy with Retro City Rampage is a poor one; the game is absolutely nothing like Soldner X-2, which is a highly polished shmup, one of the best on the Vita. Totally different category and not comparable at all. Physical shmups have always had a great following, and it was inevitable that Soldner X-2 would sell out quickly even with a 5K production.

Keep thinking you have the only truth if it makes you feel better, but most people don't agree with your narrow minded comments.

EDIT: And if you personally got two copies, you should sell one at cost to another CAG instead of hoarding it. How about it?
I personally only bought one because I'm not greedy. If you hadn't purchased two, someone else who made the effort to try and get the game could have actually got one. Selling your duplicate to a CAG doesn't make you great, it makes you as bad as the scalpers, just with a more limited audience. In any event, Eastasiasoft did 3,000 copies of the PC physical version of Soldner X and that took a while to sell out from what I recall. SHMUPS are niche and like I said, there are plenty that have runs well under 10K and still don't sell out at launch. .

I personally only bought one because I'm not greedy. If you hadn't purchased two, someone else who made the effort to try and get the game could have actually got one. Selling your duplicate to a CAG doesn't make you great, it makes you as bad as the scalpers, just with a more limited audience. In any event, Eastasiasoft did 3,000 copies of the PC physical version of Soldner X and that took a while to sell out from what I recall. SHMUPS are niche and like I said, there are plenty that have runs well under 10K and still don't sell out at launch. .
I got a second copy by accident, not on purpose genius. Selling my duplicate to another CAG is the right thing to do for someone else who WOULDN'T have gotten one, contrary to your false claims.

And trying to compare a PC physical release to a console release is beyond laughable! PC physical games have very little collectibility, and again you have a very poorly thought out analogy. Try again?

Seems like that's the issue here... the bundle didn't go up for a quite a bit and I know I added to my cart just as it went live and yet, it still sold out. I'm wondering if some people didn't see it sooner/later than others. Heck, it seems like most people were able to get the Breach & Clear/Dead Line bundle easier, and that was only limited to 30 copies.

Did Doomstink say anything about what happened during the 2nd batch?

I wouldn't put too much into it... most likely one guy who's desperate and willing to pay, and a troll who's driving up the price and it's early, a lot of panic I bet.
They're still looking into it.

If they catch something, they may do a prompt re-list of it, but they're still looking everything over for now.

If I find out anything I'll keep you all posted.

EDIT: And if you personally got two copies, you should sell one at cost to another CAG instead of hoarding it. How about it? Step up and contribute something more than the usual sour grapes.
To be fair though, at the end of the day, LRG has sold out of all of their releases, and even the re-lists of canceled orders, etc., so just based off of that, it is highly successful.

Sure it would be great to have more stock on some of these titles, particularly for titles like Soldner, but if they couldn't get that many copies after discussing it with the other party, there was most likely something that held up the production numbers being so limited.

LRG is still relatively new too. Many of the companies LRG is working with might still be hesitant to go the distance, and is the reason the quantities are being limited, for now at least.

Hopefully, as I mentioned before, these strong showings now may naturally create more enthusiasm in the partners to increase those numbers when they've had more concrete showings of the successes.

I wouldn't mind a higher quantity for some of these titles, but it just feels like the issues of people not being able to checkout (which is more of a problem with the interface they are using to sell on), is all of a sudden being equated to the quantity they have in stock for the releases.

I can't imagine that LRG has not considered all of these options before either, and that they are not doing just because they are stubborn. There has to be a reason that it's been working so far, and every release it's been clear that things sell out just fine.

If they had more copies, would it sell out just the same? Who knows? What we do know right now is that the number of copies they are selling are selling out just fine, so unless they are in a mad cash grab, and need to increase production to stay afloat, there doesn't seem to be a need to drastically make such an increase to the quantity, for now at least.

Just keep in mind LRG's purpose too. They're not only trying to bring huge quantities of games to the public, but also increasing the actual library of physical games for people to purchase, which is why the quantities may not necessarily be their main focus. A big part of the appeal for me really is just the way they are able to work with so many partners to make things happen. And I'm not going to get into a debate about the quality of some titles, but just the fact they're able to do this at this level, while others are and have not, shows that it's working.

Take this with a grain of salt since I've always been happy with LRG with my experience, so certainly comes from maybe successive bias as I've only had good experiences with them (outside of that one time where I waited 40 years to get my game, #$%@#$%@#$%@!#$^%@#$^%).

I personally only bought one because I'm not greedy. If you hadn't purchased two, someone else who made the effort to try and get the game could have actually got one. Selling your duplicate to a CAG doesn't make you great, it makes you as bad as the scalpers, just with a more limited audience..
If you look at it the other way though, if he hadn't bought 2 and decided to share 1, someone else would've bought 2, and that person would more than likely not have been willing to share 1. At least he's putting it out there. I know the conversation between you two have kind of gone bitter, but I'm not sure this was really fair to use against him.

Mkay, I take that back. ignore my last post, it looks like a couple of people were just trolling Soldner X2 auctions.

It was a perfectly rational discussion until Grampa Simpson came in shaking his fist and spouting nonsense.

It takes two to tango, learn to take some responsibility. You needlessly brought up the name of the other user when it wasn't even necessary to do so.

Example: "I totally agree. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but bojay1997 attacked me and bitched about me"

Mkay, I take that back. ignore my last post, it looks like a couple of people are just trolling Soldner X2 auctions.
Yeah, this happens a lot with LRG releases, lol.

It would be pretty funny though if LRG was the ones bidding it up to make sure they win, and once they win they're able to get their email, and then address, and then canceling their order, and make the seller freak out, and then start to play dumb with them, and be like "Where's my game?!", and then after the alotted time, file a Paypal claim against them for item not received.

Man, I totally want to see this actually happen now. XD

bread's done
Back