Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Layers Of Fear never got a physical release in any region, did it? Would love to have that, solid game.
A bit off topic, but this reminds me that there has been some discussion that LRG might also port prior gen games to be playable on current gen.

So for example, PS2 games for PS4, and GC games for Wii.

Honestly, if they are ever able to do this for any GC game, even if there is the slightest chance, the first thing they need to pick up is Eternal Darkness.

I will be all in for that one, of course, they haven't really even started looking into it all that much yet, so it's just a pipe dream at this point.

Maybe one day. XD

Oh god, please port Unchained Blades to physical Vita. I'll even take it if it's somehow the PSP game on a Vita cart.

As for low print runs... Anyone remember those things... What were they called? Amiibos? Yea, those. Remember how people used to actually buy them before they hit 75% off? I do. Remember when it started going downhills? Wasn't it something about bigger print runs or something? I forget. Does Nintendo even still exist?

LRG teaming up with Spike Chunsoft is pretty huge imo
I think so too, for a couple reasons. SC has consistently supported the Vita, and they have a great catalogue of games to work with. So many possibilities!

Not only that, but it's got me thinking about what could happen with other Japanese companies. If SC is on board with LRG, maybe it's a sign that more Japanese devs are getting interested in LRG's model. I know it's just one game so far, and I'm clearly letting my imagination run wild, but I'm pretty excited about it anyway!

Nice job, LRG!

Although, Spike Chunsoft has been actively getting their games to the West through other publishers, so they're actually one of the companies that are actively advocating for Vita than many others.

Well the hope is certainly that this could bring more interest from other companies, I'm not holding my breath that it'll happen. XD

A bit off topic, but this reminds me that there has been some discussion that LRG might also port prior gen games to be playable on current gen.

So for example, PS2 games for PS4, and GC games for Wii.

Honestly, if they are ever able to do this for any GC game, even if there is the slightest chance, the first thing they need to pick up is Eternal Darkness.

I will be all in for that one, of course, they haven't really even started looking into it all that much yet, so it's just a pipe dream at this point.

Maybe one day. XD
While I don't think you will see that happen with Eternal Darkness, they are still going ahead with Shadow Of The Eternals which would be much more likely to see a LRG release.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145693858

I will have no part of your moderated approach and reasonable expectations here, good sir!
Oh, I mean, yes, all Vita developers in Japan will move their headquarters to the US, and directly distribute games to us at low low prices.

Better? :D

While I don't think you will see that happen with Eternal Darkness, they are still going ahead with Shadow Of The Eternals which would be much more likely to see a LRG release.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145693858
Yeah...I guess there's at least something to look forward to. :p

5,000 copies PS4/PSV is fair enough.  1st patch 3,000 copies will sold out less than 1 hour.  2nd patch will sell out later few days. 1 out of 5,000 is will be mine.  No need to fight this time. :)

We get it, you hate LRG.

Just stop now.

I think it's great that we've gotten to the point that you're even blaming LRG for resellers now.

You don't have to pay their bills, you don't have to pay their employees, you don't have to pay for any of their operating costs.

Stop acting like an entitled bitch all of the time, and whining about everything that has to do with LRG.

Your arguments always lack any actual substantive points for change, and it's just you continuously droning on for something that no longer makes any sense. Just because you type a lot, doesn't mean there's a valid point inside that wall of text.

Stop speaking as if you know how the industry works because you clearly have no idea how it actually works. You are not from the industry, it's clear you do not know anybody in the industry personally, and no, we do not count the online blogs and reddit posts you read as "you knowing the industry".

Get off your high horse you incompetent twit, and get over it.
I take it you don't work customer service or public relations for a living. You may not work for LRG, but you run this thread and all that kind of toxic posting can do is drive away people. I point out actual issues and you come back and complain about me and make stuff up about where I might have some knowledge from. Yet you offer no feedback to where your supposed knowledge comes from that would even refute one thing I said (which you didn't refute anythign I said). You resorted to name calling on the internet to prove what exactly? You are a jerk? Good job, you are a jerk. You must feel so great trying to make someone else feel bad. We are definitely different people. I think it's constructive when people have different opinions about how to accomplish something and try to have a little respect for that. I don't want to compete with a boat load of resellers that found out Vita is a major cash grab right now for LRG games and are out there making this hobby a pain in the rear. I'd like to see LRG move past this reseller focused setup so resellers don't canibalize the business the same way they destroyed the toys to life stuff for Nintendo and Disney. You don't see them as a problem, ok... maybe the folks that actually run LRG see more than you do.

I'd like to see LRG move past this reseller focused setup
In 3 days iam8bit has sold ~1,400 copies of Rez for $39.99 (and not even 1,000 combined units of the vinyl, they overpriced that a lot)

If LRG had Rez, even at $39.99, they'd easily move 5,000 copies within a day or two. Shadow Complex Remastered sold through almost 7,000 copies (the entire amount available for Rez) in less than 48 hours.

It's their business model, and so far it has worked out very well. If you can't be there on time for one of the two chances to buy the games you want on their release dates, that's not their fault.

I don't want to compete with a boat load of resellers that found out Vita is a major cash grab right now for LRG games and are out there making this hobby a pain in the rear.
You don't want to compete with people? Yeah, it's nice to want things, isn't it? But I'm afraid reality just isn't going to be on your side, so you better start getting used to that idea.

Printing much larger runs isn't the answer. Not only is it not something that LRG has control over (the developers dictate maximum quantity, and Sony's publishing determines the minimum limit for Vita print runs) but larger print runs are a huge financial burden on whoever is paying. It's one of the reasons why physical media is challenging. Any unsold stock is an expense that whoever is footing the bill has to eat. Having large amounts of unsold stock is not only a financial loss, but one that has to be stored, with all the logistics that go along with that.

Selling out on limited print runs is a must. So the current model works out fine for LRG, and the developers they reach out to. The issue with scalpers should sort itself out, it usually does. As soon as flippers realize that they aren't going to be able to make the double or triple prices they were originally hoping for, it will taper off. And the longer that LRG keeps releasing new titles, the less likely it will be that every release will be considered a must-have collectors item. I'm already seeing copies of LRG games on eBay that are quite clearly NOT going to sell for the prices that flippers are asking. There's always a gold-rush for this sort of thing initially, but matters eventually stabilize.

I take it you don't work customer service or public relations for a living. You may not work for LRG, but you run this thread and all that kind of toxic posting can do is drive away people. I point out actual issues and you come back and complain about me and make stuff up about where I might have some knowledge from. Yet you offer no feedback to where your supposed knowledge comes from that would even refute one thing I said (which you didn't refute anythign I said). You resorted to name calling on the internet to prove what exactly? You are a jerk? Good job, you are a jerk. You must feel so great trying to make someone else feel bad. We are definitely different people. I think it's constructive when people have different opinions about how to accomplish something and try to have a little respect for that. I don't want to compete with a boat load of resellers that found out Vita is a major cash grab right now for LRG games and are out there making this hobby a pain in the rear. I'd like to see LRG move past this reseller focused setup so resellers don't canibalize the business the same way they destroyed the toys to life stuff for Nintendo and Disney. You don't see them as a problem, ok... maybe the folks that actually run LRG see more than you do.
Except nobody asked for your opinion on how LRG should run their business, least of all LRG. Neither your fellow CAGs nor LRG need or want your advice. As such, perhaps you should take your own advice and have respect for the fact that this debate has already been done many times before here and elsewhere and just stop posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dumb question but do these games come with instruction manuals? I was really impressed with the Shovelknight physical release for ps4. I haven't seen an instruction manual like that in years.

I wonder what would happen if they had a limited, sealed edition for collectors, and slightly cheaper cart-only copies for the ones who whine about competing.

Edit: On second thought, if you just want to play it, just buy it digitally.

Lol that's why I asked. Everything on eBay is sealed. Does anyone actually play these games?
I do, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. Soldner had a manual, too. IIRC, it's something they know people are interested in, but it's up to the devs to create one.

Lol that's why I asked. Everything on eBay is sealed. Does anyone actually play these games?
The way you phrased the question seemed like you were asking if any of them had it, rather than particular titles that had them, so yeah, sorry if the first response wasn't as specific. XD

I opened and played my LRG games. I don't buy them to collect.. I buy to have the physical copy to play LONG after the PS store completely abandons the Vita. (Who knows when that will be, hopefully the rumors are true and a 3rd gen Vita is coming)

All the game listings are active.

Looks like Dragon Fantasy and One Way Heroics will be released on separate dates.

One Way Heroics might also be pushed back a week due to manufacturing delays.

Honestly, I rather them just push Dragon Fantasy back a week or two also to be released the same time as One Way Heroics so I can finally take advantage of combined shipping. ~_~

And for those wondering, some early discussions from LRG is that One Way Heroics will be a 2 copy limit release. ^__^

are one way heroics and dragon fantasy cross save enabled?

Thinking of grabbing both on Vita, and maybe the digital copy for PS4 rather than a disk.

If nobody opens their LRGs that means sealed copies should be in plentiful supply for years to come.

So I wouldn't keep yours sealed in the vain hope that it's gonna be worth way more down the line.

The really expensive sealed games are the ones that are so scarce because nobody thought to keep them sealed back in the day. Like Donkey Kong Jr. Math or something, that would be insane to find sealed.

In fact, if you did want to resell some day, most normal people are going to want to buy a used copy---only crazy (rich) people collect sealed games and it has always been a pretty small community.

I love the Vita love. Keep em coming Limited Run ^-^

Also does anyone know if they said anything about doing Xbox One or Wii U releases in the future? Cause I'd love to have a Fatal Frame 5 or Affordable Soce Adventures Wii U physical releases...or Inside or that future Cuphead game coming out on Xbox One.

There's also a lot of good eShop-only 3DS games like Liberation Maiden or Nano Assault Ex I'd totally go crazy for a physical release.

If nobody opens their LRGs that means sealed copies should be in plentiful supply for years to come.
So I wouldn't keep yours sealed in the vain hope that it's gonna be worth way more down the line.
The really expensive sealed games are the ones that are so scarce because nobody thought to keep them sealed back in the day. Like Donkey Kong Jr. Math or something, that would be insane to find sealed.
In fact, if you did want to resell some day, most normal people are going to want to buy a used copy---only crazy (rich) people collect sealed games and it has always been a pretty small community.
Either you're trying to be sarcastic, or just spouting nonsense. Either way it's gibberish.

Sealed vs Open on LRG isn't a huge difference in price on the resell market. I personally haven't opened mine because I have almost all of them digitally already. I just like keeping them sealed, I actually need to remember to order some of those protector cases for my Vita games on the next release, I always panic when I order these and end up forgetting. This time I managed to screw myself on shipping due to being impatient when Rainbow Moon went up a little bit before Shadow Complex and I ended up ordering them both separately, I messaged LRG on Twitter to see if they could combine my orders for me, but no response. I imagine I am not the only one to do this, either way it was only $5, but $5 that I could have used to purchase some protector cases for my Vita games.

I love the Vita love. Keep em coming Limited Run ^-^

Also does anyone know if they said anything about doing Xbox One or Wii U releases in the future? Cause I'd love to have a Fatal Frame 5 or Affordable Soce Adventures Wii U physical releases...or Inside or that future Cuphead game coming out on Xbox One.

There's also a lot of good eShop-only 3DS games like Liberation Maiden or Nano Assault Ex I'd totally go crazy for a physical release.
They've mentioned it, and there are several titles that they have mentioned specifically by name, as wanting to do. But sadly, N & MS aren't as easy to work with as Sony, and they both demand a higher minimum order than does Sony.

So as for now, Sony appears the only one working with LRG and making shit happen. I can see MS helping out way before I see "N" falling in line, but for now, we just have to be happy with PS4/Vita titles from LRG.

They've mentioned it, and there are several titles that they have mentioned specifically by name, as wanting to do. But sadly, N & MS aren't as easy to work with as Sony, and they both demand a higher minimum order than does Sony.

So as for now, Sony appears the only one working with LRG and making shit happen. I can see MS helping out way before I see "N" falling in line, but for now, we just have to be happy with PS4/Vita titles from LRG.
Actually MS is the one who is difficult to work with. Yacht Club Games couldn't get MS to lower the minimum print and had to cancel Shovel Knight Xbox One physical release. Nintendo's minimum print with DS was only 6,000, dunno about 3DS and Wii U but they are not like MS at all.

Honestly on the whole Rez thing.. I love the game, but I can't bring myself to pay $40 for a fourth version of it. :/ And LRG has really spoiled me on pricing.

Actually MS is the one who is difficult to work with. Yacht Club Games couldn't get MS to lower the minimum print and had to cancel Shovel Knight Xbox One physical release. Nintendo's minimum print with DS was only 6,000, dunno about 3DS and Wii U but they are not like MS at all.
Nintendo should have higher prints especially for the 3ds

Everyone keeps theirs sealed, tons of sealed copies circulate.
More sealed copies equals more supply equals less value.
I really don't know what's so gibberish about that.
Idiotic. Sealed copies are always worth more than opened ones, these games already have very low print runs, so you're not going to magically have "more supply equals less value". You're just babbling.

Let's break down your "logic":

"Everyone keeps theirs sealed" - This is probably mostly true

"tons of sealed copies circulate" - First, there never were "tons of sealed copies", second, most of them don't "circulate", they sit in collections.

"More sealed copies equals more supply equals less value." - This is just nonsensical babbling. There isn't suddenly "more supply" just because most people don't open their copies.

Not sure if you were just acting goofy, or if you actually believe that gibberish.

Idiotic. Sealed copies are always worth more than opened ones, these games already have very low print runs, so you're not going to magically have "more supply equals less value". You're just babbling.

Let's break down your "logic":

"Everyone keeps theirs sealed" - This is probably mostly true

"tons of sealed copies circulate" - First, there never were "tons of sealed copies", second, most of them don't "circulate", they sit in collections.

"More sealed copies equals more supply equals less value." - This is just nonsensical babbling. There isn't suddenly "more supply" just because most people don't open their copies.

Not sure if you were just acting goofy, or if you actually believe that gibberish.
lol I think you're just taking the piss at this point, but I'll bite. I'll try explaining it like I would to a kid, maybe that will help. I'll try to go real slow for you.

Consider it this way:

There is a game with only 3000 copies printed. Of those 3000 copies, 2990 of them are kept sealed by their owners. Only 10 are opened to be played. Sealed copies aren't worth significantly more than open copies because the vast majority of copies are sealed---they're not special or desirable in any way.

Same game---2500 of them stay sealed and 500 get opened. Likely analogous to what's going on with LRG right now. Okay, the sealed copies are worth a bit more than an opened one, but not too much more because they're still plentiful, 5 sealed copies for every 1 opened that gets sold. The person who doesn't care is going to grab the opened one for a discount but people who want sealed aren't going to pay a premium just because it's sealed.

Same game again---this time, 2990 of them are opened and only ten of them stay sealed. Now the sealed copy is worth a significant premium and only people who really want it and are willing to pay for it are going to go after it.

My whole point is don't keep them sealed thinking they're going to be extremely scarce (compared to their opened counterparts, not to game runs in general, you dunce) and thus more valuable in the future. Everyone is keeping them sealed!

Sealed vs Open on LRG isn't a huge difference in price on the resell market. I personally haven't opened mine because I have almost all of them digitally already. I just like keeping them sealed, I actually need to remember to order some of those protector cases for my Vita games on the next release, I always panic when I order these and end up forgetting. This time I managed to screw myself on shipping due to being impatient when Rainbow Moon went up a little bit before Shadow Complex and I ended up ordering them both separately, I messaged LRG on Twitter to see if they could combine my orders for me, but no response. I imagine I am not the only one to do this, either way it was only $5, but $5 that I could have used to purchase some protector cases for my Vita games.
They're probably just going to tell you to read their policy since it specifically states they don't do combined shipping.

I'm still waiting for that day when I will eventually get to order two Vita games on the same day to utilize the combined shipping. :*(

Ah thanks for the info. Still I hope they can get a deal with Nintendo, at least for the 3DS games...it's my favorite system I love to collect for.

Wanted both August titles, and I want both of the Sept titles too. 

1377328574894.gif

I know it was back a few pages, but I thought I heard all titles after a certain one would include manuals. I can't remember which.

In stoked on those September drops. I hope dragon fantasy has a large number too. Maybe not 10k but that's a super good game everyone should get.

Is there more coming in September? I thought I remembered hearing a lot of games for September. I'll be happy if it's just those 2 lol.

So what makes the dragon fantasy a special edition? I didnt see any info on the product page.

Or is special edition the name of the actual games title?

I actually open the LRG games I want to play so sorry about skewing some ppls retirement funds.

bread's done
Back