Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Many old PC games cost quit a bit complete in box.
Yep. Really can't believe the ignorance of that guy. I'm part of an active Facebook group dedicated to collecting big box PC games and there are over 1600 members with many of them being active. PC game collecting is a growing niche of game collecting and prices on in-demand games or rare games on Ebay are skyrocketing.

Yep. Really can't believe the ignorance of that guy. I'm part of an active Facebook group dedicated to collecting big box PC games and there are over 1600 members with many of them being active. PC game collecting is a growing niche of game collecting and prices on in-demand games or rare games on Ebay are skyrocketing.
I need to eventually sell off all my old big box pc games. I have a wealth of stuff from the late 80's through the 90's.

That's hilarious after all the bs spewed to anyone mentioning wanting preorders in the past and the defense squad responses.

But hey, glad they came around to the idea. I can't fault them for flip flopping.

Wait... so it is going to be a Steam key or an actual on disc release?

Wait... so it is going to be a Steam key or an actual on disc release?

He said "Yes", so it should confirm that it does since the original question doesn't give an alternative scenario.

I'm shocked it's going to be $60 for The Silver Case.  I wonder how much it would be without the steam code since the base game is $20 and $30 for the deluxe version on steam.

I'd rather pay $30 or whatever for a physical version on a disc and not even get the steam copy.  Heck $20 without the extras.  Just a basic instruction booklet, disc, and dvd style box with art.  Or CD style box with a cardboard slip cover.

EDIT:

To clarify, I read a post elsewhere that this is a bundle with a bunch of items in a big box like old pc games with a physical disc and that they'll send out a Steam key so people can play the game while they wait for the physical version to get made and shipped.  Nothing in the box will require steam.  So I expect it'll be more like the GOG version without drm.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=217088383

Last edited by a moderator:
He said "Yes", so it should confirm that it does since the original question doesn't give an alternative scenario.
He also said this earlier on NeoGaf - We're stoked about this one - will be an old school big box release with physical game install disc and some nice physical goodies (comic book, soundtrack, manuals). Obviously, this will open more doors in Japan so it's great progress. :)

LRG put up the SMRPG bundles a couple minutes ago. They were gone instantly.

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/776843853064081408

Got the Vita bundle, just need a PS4 copy and I'll have all limited run games to date. I'm unclear if I'm allowed to order both a PS4 and a Vita copy, but I think it's no?

Of course, I missed it. I checked at 3 min before it went up too..:whistle2:/ Been regularly since the AM batch. 

I'm unclear if I'm allowed to order both a PS4 and a Vita copy, but I think it's no?
Are you referring to Dragon Fantasy? All of the new releases on LRG allow you to get at least one of each. The quantity limits they place are on individual items, not game releases. So you should be able to acquire a PS4 and PS Vita copy at the same time, on the same order. It's how I do it pretty much everytime I get games from LRG. $25 for a physical release of a limited game is no big deal. It's only slightly higher than the price I usually pay for games that I've waited a year or more to drop in price. Even after acquiring both copies and paying for shipping it is still less than I would drop for a single game at full retail.

As long as the game is one that I'm interested in, I'm on board for LRG releases.

Are you referring to Dragon Fantasy? All of the new releases on LRG allow you to get at least one of each. The quantity limits they place are on individual items, not game releases. So you should be able to acquire a PS4 and PS Vita copy at the same time, on the same order. It's how I do it pretty much everytime I get games from LRG. $25 for a physical release of a limited game is no big deal. It's only slightly higher than the price I usually pay for games that I've waited a year or more to drop in price. Even after acquiring both copies and paying for shipping it is still less than I would drop for a single game at full retail.

As long as the game is one that I'm interested in, I'm on board for LRG releases.
Hes talking about the SMRPG bundle.

I missed it, I was on my way home too from class :<

You cut out the important part of my quote ... It was in reference to the Saturday Morning RPG bundle.

Well, missed it again... again, by a few minutes. 

Feel like the only way to have gotten these were by sheer luck or literally refreshing every minute. Sucks, was hoping to get a copy but probably should have know better. 

Oh well.:whistle2:

I got the ps4 bundle! PayPal was glitching out so I went back and redid it and it went through! I was hoping to get the vita version but I'll just trade the ps4 version for it

I have edited this previous post to tone it down a bit. I do not want to be on bad terms with LRG.

That said, I am displeased with this company's service thus far. I have been in communication with them and I feel like they take very little if any responsibility for ensuring the condition on arrival of the games they sell. I purchased the only option that would offer protection during shipping and they failed to include it. When I complain the official response seems to be that box protectors are not meant to protect the game during shipping (even though they DO come on the games and are the ONLY option offered that would protect the games during shipping), and that therefore LRG isn't at fault for any damage that occurred from them failing to include the box protectors.

Supposedly, I should have paid $5 for a hard cardboard box with hard sides for the games to bang around in during shipping, because LRG feels this is better than a flexible padded envelope. If I had paid the $5 for the box it might have increased the damage to the games, and it's certainly not better than a padded mailer with box protectors, but either way LRG does not accept responsibility for any subsequent flaws from improper handling/packaging, as near as I can tell. I don't understand how a company can offer only 1 protection option for shipping (a $5 cardboard box) that won't protect the items properly, but have another protection option (box protectors) that would protect the items during shipping, and claim it's not for during shipping (even though they DO put it on the games for shipping) and that therefore any damage from forgetting to include it is not their fault. I fee that a company which markets almost exclusively to dealers and collectors could work a bit harder to make sure the 100% of their customers who expect minty games will actually receive their games in nice condition. I don't think most people would mind spending the unbelievable $2 per box protector if LRG would accept some responsiblity for making sure it was applied to the game, and acknowledge that there is a minimal level of packaging/handling that should be required for a game like this. At the very least, there should be a reasonable option that someone could trust to have a reasonable percentage chance of getting the game to them without it rubbing and bumping against of other games in transit.

That's all I'm going to say on the matter and I hope LRG is big enough to accept some very sincere and metered criticism about their business.
I know this is an old post, but I just want to point out that a box is unequivocally better than a padded envelope. If you are a fussy collector, like you seem to be, then you should also be mindful of creases and indents to the cover art. There is a night and day difference in protection between a hard box and a padded envelope for this. So the box is by far the best option. I do wish it was a bit bigger and allowed them to also bubble wrap, though.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk

Just curious how many people who buy these actually... play them?
I open and play all my games. I can't afford to buy these games twice (once physical and once digital). The reason why I open then is I think if I worked on a game for years only to have a person buy it and keep it sealed and never play it, I'd be kinda disappointed.

I do. I'm working on the plat for DS3 because I'm stupid but I played Soldner for about 30 minutes the other day.

And I just saw the last two LRG updates, that is awesome. There goes more of money.

I am a collector, sir. As such, I am more than a little bit spoiled for choice on the games I have access to. I actually have been playing a game recently, but that game is Odin Sphere on my PS4. It could be a while before I actually get around to playing any of my Limited Run Games.

The first one up on my to-play list would be Shadow Complex. I am definitely going to play that one. I've never played it before, but have always heard great things about it. And the PS4 copy I picked up is actually the only copy I have of the game.

Also, the two new announced titles for October are Way-Forward games, so I will be there with bells on.

^Huzzah! to Pirate's Curse, meh to Risky's Revenge--the former improves on so much from the latter.
I'm happy to see both games. More Shantae is good, IMO... wish they were getting Vita releases though.

EDIT* Just looked it up but I never realized those games didn't have Vita releases. Kept thinking they did.:whistle2:k

Doug said in the stream that they're planning to do around 6,000 copies each. He said Risky's Revenge will be $30 while Pirates Curse is $25.

bread's done
Back