Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Doug said in the stream that they're planning to do around 6,000 copies each. He said Risky's Revenge will be $30 while Pirates Curse is $25.
Yep, I'm still in at that price. Big fan of Way-Forward and all of their games. Getting physical copies of the Shantae games is something that I am way into.

even after I added to the cart, it said it was sold out.

Bizarre.  ANyway, I got the ps4 version.  Is this game any good?  I just picked it up because I happened to be home.

Just curious how many people who buy these actually... play them?
I've played all mine except breach and clear and rainbow moon. They don't really interest me but I want a full set. I may also leave Thomas was alone sealed depending on the trophy list.

In super stoked for shantae. I think I'll cancel my amazon pre-order of the vita version and make it ps4 instead. Ya know, ocd I guess.

I follow LRG pretty closely, but somehow I didn't see that there was going to be SMRPG bundles with the vinyl. It's not a big deal, since I'm not interested in vinyl, but where did they announce these things? I don't want to miss something that I would be interested in. I mean, I saw that they were selling the vinyl records, but never saw mention of the bundle.

In super stoked for shantae. I think I'll cancel my amazon pre-order of the vita version and make it ps4 instead. Ya know, ocd I guess.
Half-Genie Hero, the latest upcoming Shantae game, is being released on Vita. And Shantae and the Pirate's Curse can currently be pre-ordered on Amazon, for the 3DS. But that is all that is currently available on Amazon. There is no physical Vita release for Pirate's Curse, or Risky's Revenge.

I follow LRG pretty closely, but somehow I didn't see that there was going to be SMRPG bundles with the vinyl. It's not a big deal, since I'm not interested in vinyl, but where did they announce these things? I don't want to miss something that I would be interested in. I mean, I saw that they were selling the vinyl records, but never saw mention of the bundle.
They said it at the bottom of the email saying Dragon Fantasy's new release date. That is about it. They probably didn't talk about it much because there were only thirty copies of either platform.

It was mainly discussed on NeoGAF, and not really advertised elsewhere, not even on their own forums, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some guy playing it.

NOt sure how I feel about my purchase, but  as squarehead mentioned, I could alwasy flip it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNj_M4GPyw

Half-Genie Hero, the latest upcoming Shantae game, is being released on Vita. And Shantae and the Pirate's Curse can currently be pre-ordered on Amazon, for the 3DS. But that is all that is currently available on Amazon. There is no physical Vita release for Pirate's Curse, or Risky's Revenge.
Noooooo, I understand that, I mean I'm gonna switch my half genie hero to ps4 so I get all 3 on ps4 instead of 2 ps4 and 1 vita haha. Thank you tho.

Noooooo, I understand that, I mean I'm gonna switch my half genie hero to ps4 so I get all 3 on ps4 instead of 2 ps4 and 1 vita haha. Thank you tho.
That's actually not a bad idea... :whistle2:k

Problem is, Pirate's Curse and Risky look like shit on HDTVs since they're portable games that were ported to consoles so those are two I'd want on handhelds. I played Pirate's Curse on the Wii U gamepad, looked great on there. Would have loved a Vita release for these games (even if digital) but doesn't look likely.

That's actually not a bad idea... :whistle2:k

Problem is, Pirate's Curse and Risky look like shit on HDTVs since they're portable games that were ported to consoles so those are two I'd want on handhelds. I played Pirate's Curse on the Wii U gamepad, looked great on there. Would have loved a Vita release for these games (even if digital) but doesn't look likely.
Actually I think Pirate's Curse looks fantastic on the PS4, will be getting both of the LRG Shantae games at release. Yes it's pixellated, but the style is very arcade like. Already preordered Half Genie Hero for both Vita and PS4.

I would love to see Pirate's Curse ported to the Vita, would look and play great on the small screen.

I am a collector, sir. As such, I am more than a little bit spoiled for choice on the games I have access to. I actually have been playing a game recently, but that game is Odin Sphere on my PS4. It could be a while before I actually get around to playing any of my Limited Run Games.

The first one up on my to-play list would be Shadow Complex. I am definitely going to play that one. I've never played it before, but have always heard great things about it. And the PS4 copy I picked up is actually the only copy I have of the game.

Also, the two new announced titles for October are Way-Forward games, so I will be there with bells on.
Really crap more money gone

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but can we just talk about how friggen amazing it is that LRG is doing a limited run of PC bigbox releases of Grasshopper's The Silver Case. I absolutely cannot wait for that. Initially I was going to wait on purchasing the game on the off chance it came to america but holy fuck now it'll be in my collection for sure. So excited

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but can we just talk about how friggen amazing it is that LRG is doing a limited run of PC bigbox releases of Grasshopper's The Silver Case. I absolutely cannot wait for that. Initially I was going to wait on purchasing the game on the off chance it came to america but holy fuck now it'll be in my collection for sure. So excited
Is The Silver Case an actually good game?

Is The Silver Case an actually good game?
To be honest, I don't know. Haven't played it. I've read about it in numerous places and haven't heard much negative about it. I'm just super stoked. I've pretty much loved every Suda51 and Grasshopper game I've played, and I've played all the one's released in the US.

Well looks like I am double dipping for the wayforward games only because they are shantae games.....still waiting for volume, thomas was alone, and hopefully soon we can get the binding of issacc been holding off on getting that due to hoping for a ps4 or ps vita version disc with all the dlc

Someone needs to ask LRG if the Shantae games will have new/separate trophy lists--I'd definitely get both of them if I could re-earn everything again.

I think that's something tbat needs to be addressed more often. My incentive to buy Thomas was alone is definitely decreased because of the trophy list. I'm gonna buy it either way, but I'd love to replay it too...

Yes, I think all LRG games should have separate trophy list. Currently, the only game does this is Rainbow Moon (PS4 and Vita have the same trophy list, but digital and physical have different list). This is one of the finest perks you can get, a super duper rare set of trophies because the games are rare and even rarer if people have to open them.

Yes, I think all LRG games should have separate trophy list. Currently, the only game does this is Rainbow Moon (PS4 and Vita have the same trophy list, but digital and physical have different list). This is one of the finest perks you can get, a super duper rare set of trophies because the games are rare and even rarer if people have to open them.
Soldner-X2 has it too, with an added platinum trophy.

Soldner-X2 has it too, with an added platinum trophy.
You're absolutely right! I forgot about about that one (do have the LRG Soldner-X2 Vita game, still sealed at the moment). In this case, LRG version is better, it has a platinum trophy where the digital version doesn't!

The value of Soldner-X2 and Rainbow Moon will hold, not only they're good games, they're truly LRG unique (a grail among trophy hunters as well as sealed OCD collectors).

Just want to jump in and say fuck you for getting my hopes up. There is only 1 SMRPG and it certainly isn't that

Just want to jump in and say fuck you for getting my hopes up. There is only 1 SMRPG and it certainly isn't that
4439008-2773638277-tumbl.gif

Just curious how many people who buy these actually... play them?
By jove my old bean, most certainly. Other than simply being of a legacy of fine wunderbahbox ensemble gatherers, there is nothing more I relish than a moment of rooty tooty with the ol plastic pip pip.

I am a collector, sir. As such, I am more than a little bit spoiled for choice on the games I have access to. I actually have been playing a game recently, but that game is Odin Sphere on my PS4. It could be a while before I actually get around to playing any of my Limited Run Games.

The first one up on my to-play list would be Shadow Complex. I am definitely going to play that one. I've never played it before, but have always heard great things about it. And the PS4 copy I picked up is actually the only copy I have of the game.

Also, the two new announced titles for October are Way-Forward games, so I will be there with bells on.
Oh stop it! You tease!

As someone just getting into buying these, how fast do they usually sell out?
Vita games, almost always immediately, even in the second wave.

PS4 games, you're pretty much safe as long as it's within 20-30 mins of first wave, and an hour or so on second wave. It'll vary from release to release of course depending on the popularity of a title, but for the most part that's about what you want to look forward too.

It's best just to be there at the start of either of the release times to guarantee yourself a copy if you're looking for Vita, and PS4 games like 10-15 minutes.

Vita games, almost always immediately, even in the second wave.

PS4 games, you're pretty much safe as long as it's within 20-30 mins of first wave, and an hour or so on second wave. It'll vary from release to release of course depending on the popularity of a title, but for the most part that's about what you want to look forward too.

It's best just to be there at the start of either of the release times to guarantee yourself a copy if you're looking for Vita, and PS4 games like 10-15 minutes.
I'm just looking at the ps4 ones, so that sounds reasonable. I hope. haha. Thank you!

More trophies as a reward would be nice, but having a separate trophy list is a terrible idea. The whole point is to compare and show off achievements. If the achievements are the same between two copies, they should share the same list for comparison. You shouldn't get two of the same trophy for doing the same thing twice, just because you got two copies.

Nothing I hate more than different regions of a same game having separate lists for identical achievements. Totally clutters things up and is fake/exploitative.

More trophies as a reward would be nice, but having a separate trophy list is a terrible idea. The whole point is to compare and show off achievements. If the achievements are the same between two copies, they should share the same list for comparison. You shouldn't get two of the same trophy for doing the same thing twice, just because you got two copies.

Nothing I hate more than different regions of a same game having separate lists for identical achievements. Totally clutters things up and is fake/exploitative.
Disagree completely... How's this clutter/fake/exploitative? You still have to play the game to unlock everything. As a matter of fact, even your own saves won't work, you have to start all over, so how's this fake/exploitative? How's this any different from playing a game from scratch again? It's like saying you shouldn't play a game again once you beat it 100% (why do you care if you get reward it or not?). And oh, by your logic, all remastered games are clutter/fake/exploitative too then? You're not making any sense...

LRG Rainbow Moon for instance, you can't even use your PSN version's save to continue... Of course the whole point is to show off achievements/trophies - I got LRG Rainbow Moon and I opened the forsaken seal! (okay I haven't open my copy yet, but I'll play it at some point).

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. You have to earn them a second time, you deserve them. How's that more "cheating" than platinums for telltale games which you can almost just leave running to auto select the text?

bread's done
Back