Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Nope, it's a PS4 exclusive indie game from last year. Highly rated with a great art style and narrative. It flew under a lot of radars, I think.

On that note, soonest we'll have a Vita game is the fourth week of January. First one is from a really solid Canadian dev team that we love. Second is a neat indie arcade game that I don't think many have heard of. Both games, being more obscure than many of our recent releases, have small runs to match so be on the lookout.

Giant Japanese Vita exclusive coming in February. :)

We're working on a system that will allow us to combine/hold orders to make future aggressive release schedules easier to swallow.
REALLY REALLY solid game if you haven't played it. Basically if you like Silent Hill, this is a 2d version.

Way ahead of you - we've been talking to Benjamin Rivers for a while and hope we can do Home and Alone With You on both PS4 and Vita.

Way ahead of you - we've been talking to Benjamin Rivers for a while and hope we can do Home and Alone With You on both PS4 and Vita.
Any chance for a physical release on the upcoming Ys game? Seems to be digital only at this point. Ys has a cult following, so could be a good one.

That would be a good one.

Im really really hoping for axiom verge, salt and sanctuary, darkest dungeons, day of the tentacle,

i thought salt and sanctuary got basically confirmed already too

on a different note, that Plague Road KS exclusive looks sick.  I really am tempted to back it.  BUT I have had bad experiences with KS in the past.  

edit: damn.  I gave in.  That cover impressed me too much, and realizing that by backing it, i will also be able to skip it as a LRG release later in 2017 since im not a variant cover art fan (meaning i dont have to compete at the 10am/6pm races for it then), pushed me over the edge.  

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought salt and sanctuary got basically confirmed already too

on a different note, that Plague Road KS exclusive looks sick. I really am tempted to back it. BUT I have had bad experiences with KS in the past.

edit: damn. I gave in. That cover impressed me too much, and realizing that by backing it, i will also be able to skip it as a LRG release later in 2017 since im not a variant cover art fan (meaning i dont have to compete at the 10am/6pm races for it then), pushed me over the edge.
Plague Road was already playable at PSX so it shouldn't end in disappointment. :)

Salt & Sanctuary is coming from us on PS4 and Vita

And yes, to confirm the previous post - Axiom Verge is a no go from us.

Did not know that Axiom Verge was a no go for you guys... that sucks, easily one of my most wanted from LRG. 

Do you have a list of games you guys are working but have not been able to confirm, by chance? Would love to know. And add Severed to that list, very underappreciated Vita game. 

Did not know that Axiom Verge was a no go for you guys... that sucks, easily one of my most wanted from LRG.

Do you have a list of games you guys are working but have not been able to confirm, by chance? Would love to know. And add Severed to that list, very underappreciated Vita game.
Actually all of the DrinkBox games need a physical release, as I would like to see the three pack released(Guacamelee, Severed & Mutant Blobs Attack). Maybe all 3 games for $40, on a single cart with all the DLC, that would be a super cool release for sure(fingers crossed).

Actually all of the DrinkBox games need a physical release, as I would like to see the three pack released(Guacamelee, Severed & Mutant Blobs Attack). Maybe all 3 games for $40, on a single cart with all the DLC, that would be a super cool release for sure(fingers crossed).
I would love that. Even if each came on its own card/disc I would buy them. Guacamelee it's one of my favorite games.

I would love that. Even if each came on its own card/disc I would buy them. Guacamelee it's one of my favorite games.
I mentioned the idea of a combined release for Bastion/Transistor or other related games into one single cart/disc and Doomstink actually explained that it's not as easy as putting two games on one disc/cart... there's a lot of work necessary to actually make a launcher and making sure both games still work on the disc with one launcher.

I'm not developer but I can understand where he's coming from, things somethings aren't as simple as we want them to be (case in point: some older PS4 games running worse on the more powerful PS4 Pro hardware).

There is a pc version of axiom verge and guacamelee drm free and even comes with a steel case and soundtrack as well as a steam key and color manual. I have it and its beautiful to behold.

It's 3 separate downloads
That sucks, I bought them all as singles, so I thought the bundle was one download, and then you could select the title you want from a single launch screen. Now knowing this, very unlikely to a get the bundle on 1 cart, but I would be happy to buy them separate as well.

There is a pc version of axiom verge and guacamelee drm free and even comes with a steel case and soundtrack as well as a steam key and color manual. I have it and its beautiful to behold.
It's is pretty cool but I only buy physical items when it's for a console. The fact it was for pc only and only digital games turned me off. Had they been on vita or ps4 on a disc/cartridge I'd have bought them in a heart beat.

It's is pretty cool but I only buy physical items when it's for a console. The fact it was for pc only and only digital games turned me off. Had they been on vita or ps4 on a disc/cartridge I'd have bought them in a heart beat.
Its a physical pc disc with the game on the disc. Axiom will show up eventually i think. Maybr they partnered with fangamer who knows.

Does anyone KNOW (please don't speculate) if Lone Survivor (vita) will be PS TV compatible? It's available for download on PS TV so I don't even see why not, but I can't find a definitive answer on the LRG release

Does anyone KNOW (please don't speculate) if Lone Survivor (vita) will be PS TV compatible? It's available for download on PS TV so I don't even see why not, but I can't find a definitive answer on the LRG release
No support, the PSTV compatibility for the digital release came via a patch - rolling that PSTV compatibility into the single file that the physical release requires would have required an SDK upgrade and full rebuild which would have been really tough to pull off given the age of the SDK Lone Survivor currently uses. It would have exposed Curve to a slew of new certification requirements and would have essentially made the physical release too much work to be practical. It's possible that PSTV support could come in a patch to the physical version as it would be far easier to do the patch than the full rebuild. I don't have any confirmation that they'll do that though.

Its a physical pc disc with the game on the disc. Axiom will show up eventually i think. Maybr they partnered with fangamer who knows.
Unlikely, given how our negotiations with Dan went. If anything they're releasing through a full retail partner. It won't be limited or difficult to acquire as they weren't happy with that aspect of the original IndieBox release. Despite the quality of the game, I think it will be overprinted and end up rotting on shelves.

Unlikely, given how our negotiations with Dan went. If anything they're releasing through a full retail partner. It won't be limited or difficult to acquire as they weren't happy with that aspect of the original IndieBox release. Despite the quality of the game, I think it will be overprinted and end up rotting on shelves.
Someone sounds bitter.

Back to his days at Nintendo, I never heard a lot of good about Dan Adelman.  It's disappointing having him handle marketing and negotiations for a game like Axiom Verge, which absolutely deserves a physical console release.

He said they were "looking into it" a few months ago.  I'm not hopeful. 

No support, the PSTV compatibility for the digital release came via a patch - rolling that PSTV compatibility into the single file that the physical release requires would have required an SDK upgrade and full rebuild which would have been really tough to pull off given the age of the SDK Lone Survivor currently uses. It would have exposed Curve to a slew of new certification requirements and would have essentially made the physical release too much work to be practical. It's possible that PSTV support could come in a patch to the physical version as it would be far easier to do the patch than the full rebuild. I don't have any confirmation that they'll do that though.
Thanks for the response. This was the sort of thing I was afraid of. Will probably go with the ps4 version if at all.

Back to his days at Nintendo, I never heard a lot of good about Dan Adelman. It's disappointing having him handle marketing and negotiations for a game like Axiom Verge, which absolutely deserves a physical console release.

He said they were "looking into it" a few months ago. I'm not hopeful.
Yeah, I don't know what went on in those negotiations, so I can't speak to the who, what, where and why of it all, but I will say, "the grass ins't always greener".

In the end, we all have to make choices that we think are in our own best interest, and sometimes that turns out right, and sometimes wrong.

AV is a great game, one of the best I've played in recent years, so I would love to have it physical, and would love to throw some money at it no matter who releases it, so if it happens, great. If not, it wont be the first great game that wasn't offered physically, and it won't be the last.

Back to his days at Nintendo, I never heard a lot of good about Dan Adelman. It's disappointing having him handle marketing and negotiations for a game like Axiom Verge, which absolutely deserves a physical console release.

He said they were "looking into it" a few months ago. I'm not hopeful.
I honestly had no idea of his role at Nintendo, just thought he was a simple "former employee" there. But, doing some quick Goolging, I can't say I disagree with some of his stances against Nintendo (3DS being region locked) and can't ignore some of the games he brought on to Nintendo platform. Granted, it sounds like Nintendo employees seem to get into a lot of trouble for how they use Twitter and need to keep the personal opinions off of a company account.

Whatever the case, based on what Doomstink said ("I think it will be overprinted and end up rotting on shelves."), it sounds like it might be a case of AV devs wanting a higher print run than what LGR thinks is reasonable. I don't care either way, I just want someone to make a physical copy of the game on a platform outside of PC.

I honestly had no idea of his role at Nintendo, just thought he was a simple "former employee" there. But, doing some quick Goolging, I can't say I disagree with some of his stances against Nintendo (3DS being region locked) and can't ignore some of the games he brought on to Nintendo platform. Granted, it sounds like Nintendo employees seem to get into a lot of trouble for how they use Twitter and need to keep the personal opinions off of a company account.

Whatever the case, based on what Doomstink said ("I think it will be overprinted and end up rotting on shelves."), it sounds like it might be a case of AV devs wanting a higher print run than what LGR thinks is reasonable. I don't care either way, I just want someone to make a physical copy of the game on a platform outside of PC.
I never followed Dan much, but he seemed to point out many of the glaring problems within the company(Nintendo), that a lot of people refuse to see, didn't agree with or just flat out ignore. There are at least two sides to every story, so who's to say what's real, and what's not.

His position I believe was to get Indie games to "N" systems and deal with them through the process, so I'm sure he dealt with the good, bad and ugly from all sides. He always seemed like a stand up guy to me, and knowing "N" the way I do, his side seemed very believable at least to me.

Yeah, I have to agree on believing they wanted larger numbers, and of course with LRG being "limited", they did not. That is always going to be an issue between either side when higher qty's are wanted. I'm fine if they want to make 10, 20 or 30 thousand, as stated, I would just be happy to have it. If it sits on shelves, and ends up in the bargain bin, I'll still have it, and they got paid, so in the end, I don't see the problem.

It's all about physical and preserving the history right(Or so LRG has stated)? So an over produced game, is still preserved, it's just not worth much, but I could care less about that anyway.

The issue at hand wasn't the numbers. If I could dive in to details I think everyone would understand why we have no desire to even continue trying to pursue Axiom Verge. Not really diving into the issue but Dan insulted us and pretty hard at that. I don't have any desire to work with someone who would trivialize the work we're doing. Even if we were handed the game on a silver platter we wouldn't want it as a matter of principle.

Great game, though.

To be perfectly clear, we made the choice to stop pursuing it. No one took it from under us. We had the ability to counter-offer and continue trying to sign the game.
It's all good Josh, there will be other killer games for you guys to release in the future, as "you can't win them all!"

Happy holidays to LRG, and I'm looking forward to Lone Survivor this week, keep up the good work.

So basically, he thinks that his game is the shit and wants a ton of copies produced which would put you guys out of business?
I think it's probably what noxtation mentioned earlier, but to summarize, Dan Adelman is a giant douchebag who thinks he's gaming Jesus.

The issue at hand wasn't the numbers. If I could dive in to details I think everyone would understand why we have no desire to even continue trying to pursue Axiom Verge. Not really diving into the issue but Dan insulted us and pretty hard at that. I don't have any desire to work with someone who would trivialize the work we're doing. Even if we were handed the game on a silver platter we wouldn't want it as a matter of principle.

Great game, though.
It certainly sounds like it's something much more that happened behind the scenes, and at this point, I don't think I really even need more details since it just reaffirms the cloud that has already surrounded him for awhile now.

Anyways, appreciate you being able to share as much as you can, Josh, and in general, just being upfront about things, as you certainly always tell it the way it is, which is rare nowadays when it comes to that side of the industry.

LRG away!

c58.gif

So was this the ps vita version only effected? I hope to see a physical version for any other platforms since I have them all and know the vita wont be getting much support in 2017-2018 seeing as gamestop has been getting a lot of physical copy gamestop exclusive to them I see axion going there. For what platforms is anyones guess Hopefully ps4 tbh

Just want to put this here

Cz0666RVIAA0VtA.jpg
LMAO if that was true the ps vita would have more sony studio games;10 years more like 2 more years and its dead as far as sony is concerned im not speaking lRG etc. Didnt they stop manufacturing the ps vita?

It looks like the Plague Road Kickstarter exclusive variant cover may be a really limited run unless a heavy dose of support happens in the next two days.  The physical tiers only have a combined 424 backers so far (though granted some of these may be for multiple copies).

Second thread I've heard they stopped making vita in. I better buy my replacement asap. I broke mine recently and got woff for Xmas. I wanna play it so bad lol.

Have fun square!

Not in Japan
It is still going strong in Europe as well. It is closing in on 15 million units world wide with over 5 million in Japan, almost 5 million in Europe and 2.5 million in North America. For the last week reported (week ending 11/26) it moved 23,862 units in Europe and 11,461 in Japan with 3,768 in North America (a large increase for NA from the last few weeks).

North America is where it is struggling the most. There was a Lego Star Wars bundle in Europe that I think would have done very well in the US, but at this point there are almost no retailers still supporting the system.

Yeah, Sony is the weak link here in the states, as they never advertised, or show any support at trade shows, or any love of any kind. So as a result, retail and every place else considers it dead(which is not .

For the last 2 years, I've bought more Vita games per year than any other handheld or console I own, so as far as I'm concerned it's alive and kicking.

So if and when they officially pull the plug, I'll just import what English games and or systems I can get my hands on from the other active regions.

Yeah, Sony is the weak link here in the states, as they never advertised, or show any support at trade shows, or any love of any kind. So as a result, retail and every place else considers it dead(which is not .

For the last 2 years, I've bought more Vita games per year than any other handheld or console I own, so as far as I'm concerned it's alive and kicking.

So if and when they officially pull the plug, I'll just import what English games and or systems I can get my hands on from the other active regions.
As a tip most of the European games have multiple language options. I have Ratchet and Clank Trilogy from Denmark (where my brother lives) and when you start the game it has an option to switch languages. I am sure we will have many Vita releases outside of Limited Run for several more years, but I suspect if you want a physical copy it will be either a SE Asia English copy or a European copy with little to no North American releases.

No DLC kind of sucks. I bought God Eater 2 from the UK and I have the code for the first one, but can't redeem it on my account.

I was a bit surprised by how many titles NISA announced for North America for the first half of 2017 so maybe it is not all doom and gloom.

bread's done
Back