Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, I've never had a problem getting a LRG release that I wanted as long as I'm already logged in on the site and actively refreshing when the clock strikes 0, not sure how yall are having probs

During the Paypal express checkout, all my information is preloaded, except the phone number, which I have to add every time. I'm sure you can all imagine how nail biting that can be? LOL

I thought I had fixed it this morning, but it still requires I put it in. Does anyone know how to add my phone number, so that it is preloaded with everything else, and I don't have to do it manually each time?
I have this exact same problem. A bit nerve-racking when you think you've completed checkout only to have it ask for your number again! For the 2nd time! Oh well, I got everything I wanted so no worries. Hope everybody got theirs.
The item is held once you start the checkout process, so you won't have to worry about it.

It's usually getting into that process that people struggle with.

That's also why it's better to go through Paypal, because the checkout process through their website doesn't go through the same process, so it doesn't hold it until you start entering your information shipping, and billing information, so you still have to go through the cart once directly through shopify before it's held. Kind of dumb if you ask me, lol. This is why you should always do Paypal over payment through the site directly, because it doesn't hold it right away until you get past the cart screen again. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Berseria CE this month plus a couple of other things stretching the wallet.  I keep saying to myself that I was only going to get Aqua Kitty on a single platform.  It's PSTV compatible, you don't need it.  Now I'm here debating on whether I should also try for a PS4 copy at the evening batch.  Dam you LRG and your temptations!! :lol:

Just for the record I had zero wait time in line when I ordered this time.

Yeah, paypal seems like the way to go. I've had a high success rate by logging in on a different tab, then when the payment method is selected and paypal comes up I am already logged in. However, like others said, I still have to keep entering my phone number. 

Yeah Same. I just copy my phone number before everything goes live and then paste it in when it prompts you for your phone number.
Thanks for that idea, as I never thought of doing that.

I have this exact same problem. A bit nerve-racking when you think you've completed checkout only to have it ask for your number again! For the 2nd time! Oh well, I got everything I wanted so no worries. Hope everybody got theirs.
Yeah, once you get to that point, your order should be secured as I've come to understand their system, so we should be OK. But that doesn't diminish the worry when I have to add it in, but now I'll copy it, and be ready to paste to save time from here on out.

I'm still going to try and find a way to have it preloaded, but until then, I'll have to use plan B.

Well, I got my order through, but I also got a text on my phone immediately afterthat says: "thank you for saving your payment information. During your next checkout you'll receive a code by text message to authorize your purchase."

First time it's ever happened. What the heck is this and how do I turn it off for next week? I really don't need a text message code slowing down my check out process.

I think the phone number thing is actually a security measure built in for the store.

It's probably to prevent people from trying to work around the system somehow, so makes it just that extra bit harder to go zoom zoom if you're using a bot or something.

I do think they need to start increasing their run numbers. Adding 2000 copies sounds like a lot, but considering these things sell out in minutes, at this point they are just leaving money on the table and collecting disappointed would-be customers.

Don't know if demand for the games were lower this time, but it was hella easy to check out.  No waiting in line to check out this time.  Was a bit annoyed of the delay of the Vita aqua kitty soundtrack bundle.

Got Aqua Kitty DX for Vita. Another easy transaction for me. 

Wish I would have know about Oxenfree before I bought it during the holiday sale or I would have bought the physical version instead.

That is one of the reasons I didn't buy Firewatch when it was on sale on PSN.
They announced the Limited Run Release before it was on sale.

Glad to see everything sold out.

I'm always at work when these release so I always have to order from my android phone, but actually works great. Checkout with PayPal with PayPal one touch enabled means I don't have to enter any password or billing info, and chrome autofill fills in the phone number.

Thanks chrislaustin and Squarehead for pointing out the items are secured once you're in checkout. I don't have to type in phone number in a frenzy next time.

I do think they need to start increasing their run numbers. Adding 2000 copies sounds like a lot, but considering these things sell out in minutes, at this point they are just leaving money on the table and collecting disappointed would-be customers.
It's better to be safe, than greedy.

They may be leaving money on the table, but the thing is they've already taken enough off of it.

Trying to guesstimate the number of copies to sell isn't an exact science, and the numbers they have worked out in advance are clearly enough to sustain them, and continue to keep things running smoothly, and growing.

Just remember that increased quantities doesn't just mean increases of copies sold. It'll mean increases in time spent shipping, increases in staff, increases in materials, increases in other overhead costs. I'm sure if they really wanted to, they can do it, but it's clear that they don't feel the need to do so as they've always accomplished what they've set out to do, and that is to sell out every single last copy of their releases.

We may think that if there is still inventory at the end of the day, that is great for us. But we don't really know how they feel when there is inventory left at the end of the day, nor how prospective partnerships in the future will view slower than usual sellout inventory. Part of this model isn't just to sell out quickly, and make money, but to show interested parties that this is a viable medium for them to sell their wares in, and they don't have to worry if it sells out.

There's always going to be some batch of disappointed customers, but that's just part of the model they've designed, which has been very successful up to this point. I mean, even when they increased quantities in the past, and did have some crazy numbers for some releases, when they weren't sold out within that first day, people started to complain that they aimed too high with the quantity numbers, and they should have chosen something lower. Like really, they just can't make everyone happy no matter what the case. Just trust that they know best right now, and if they do feel a quantity limit is warranted for particular releases, that they'll do it.

The item is held once you start the checkout process, so you won't have to worry about it.

Isn't it only held for 1-2 minutes though?

With the Berseria CE this month plus a couple of other things stretching the wallet. I keep saying to myself that I was only going to get Aqua Kitty on a single platform. It's PSTV compatible, you don't need it. Now I'm here debating on whether I should also try for a PS4 copy at the evening batch. Dam you LRG and your temptations!! :lol:

Just for the record I had zero wait time in line when I ordered this time.
I've spent more money at LRG over the past year than I have with any other retailer. I cut back my game buying a lot...

Although I get where you're coming from, at what point would LRG no longer live up to it's name?

We may think that if there is still inventory at the end of the day, that is great for us. But we don't really know how they feel when there is inventory left at the end of the day, nor how prospective partnerships in the future will view slower than usual sellout inventory. Part of this model isn't just to sell out quickly, and make money, but to show interested parties that this is a viable medium for them to sell their wares in, and they don't have to worry if it sells out.
Good point...wonder if they are still licking their wounds from the high number of copies of One-Way that were left for the blind boxes. If they overestimated on that, they may be still in a state of caution with the smaller indie releases.

Good point...wonder if they are still licking their wounds from the high number of copies of One-Way that were left for the blind boxes. If they overestimated on that, they may be still in a state of caution with the smaller indie releases.
That was a wombo combo day too because Thomas Was Alone also took awhile to sell out. Double whammy of gloom.

Did the limit change on Oxenfree? Wasn't it two copies? Now it says limit 1.
Depending on how quickly something sells out in the first batch, LRG will adjust accordingly for the second batch to try to at least make sure more people who wants them secures a copy.

I think the phone number thing is actually a security measure built in for the store.

It's probably to prevent people from trying to work around the system somehow, so makes it just that extra bit harder to go zoom zoom if you're using a bot or something.
That thought did cross my mind, especially after I tried to fix it, and it still asked for the number. So I'll probably just preload the number as suggested in my browser and just paste it, and forget about it.

I've spent more money at LRG over the past year than I have with any other retailer. I cut back my game buying a lot...
Same here, but I'll always support efforts like these if it's sound financially or not(up to a certain point of course). As we won't get physical any other way. If a company like this fails, it's all but over in regards to any decent physical games further down the road.

I often support gaming publications and art books that I like as well, as physical gaming related publications are also on the chopping block. So anytime a company offers a cool gaming related book, I'll also buy that as well.

The one bonus with LRG is that most of their games are so limited, even if I have buyers remorse at some time, I can sale 95% of my games for way more than what I paid, and I doubt that will ever change. Where if I was spending a shit ton on new standard releases, and never playing them, the price is often half, or a third of what it was when I originally bought it by the time I get around to playing the games, and that is for sure a problem. But for buying from LRG, it's a sound buy more often than not.

I also had no problems this morning, got Aqua Kitty for both platforms. Had to wait a very short time after going to checkout, but it went through easily. This is a great game for an LRG release, since it's an arcade style game with lots of replayability.

I want to put my items on hold but they said they gonna stop for now. Too many requests.
Boy did that backfire on them fast, lol.

Are they refunding you the holder item amount?

To be honest though, they should probably just leave the combined shipping option for international sellers, and not for US sellers, since that was the point from the beginning anyways, and it doesn't really benefit US sellers all that much.

I was able to get the games with a few minor hiccups. Most of them went out  oos in 2-3 minutes. Has there been any update on the Skull girls release? Was it pushed back to February release now?

So much better to set an alarm and score early in the morning, rather than sit there biting your nails all day while waiting for the afternoon drop, sometimes even forgetting it by 15 minutes.

That's also why it's better to go through Paypal, because the checkout process through their website doesn't go through the same process, so it doesn't hold it until you start entering your information shipping, and billing information, so you still have to go through the cart once directly through shopify before it's held. Kind of dumb if you ask me, lol. This is why you should always do Paypal over payment through the site directly, because it doesn't hold it right away until you get past the cart screen again. :p
Yup, exactly what this guy said. Paypal is security.

Some people do need some training at the Mondo Dojo though!

I know that this isn't in the direct vein of today's games, but just a reminder that if you missed out on Soldner X2, Play-asia has the multi-language ASIA version for $24.99 + $4.99 shipping  (not sure is there is only 3000 left or only 3000 total).  A steal considering and it includes the artwork chosen by vote and the DLC on cart.  I love beautiful bullet hell + Gradius games, so this was a no-brainer!

Oh and it only took about 6 hours to ship after I paid.

Cheers!

I know that this isn't in the direct vein of today's games, but just a reminder that if you missed out on Soldner X2, Play-asia has the multi-language ASIA version for $24.99 + $4.99 shipping (not sure is there is only 3000 left or only 3000 total). A steal considering and it includes the artwork chosen by vote and the DLC on cart. I love beautiful bullet hell + Gradius games, so this was a no-brainer!

Cheers!
Also use coupon CENSORED to save $3

I know that this isn't in the direct vein of today's games, but just a reminder that if you missed out on Soldner X2, Play-asia has the multi-language ASIA version for $24.99 + $4.99 shipping (not sure is there is only 3000 left or only 3000 total). A steal considering and it includes the artwork chosen by vote and the DLC on cart. I love beautiful bullet hell + Gradius games, so this was a no-brainer!

Cheers!
Did you checkout with Paypal? It's not letting me use it for some reason.

Did you checkout with Paypal? It's not letting me use it for some reason.
You should be able to do it towards the end of the checkout.

You have to click on a drop down button that let's you enter the code.

It's on the Payment method page.

Also, make sure you are not going through the Paypal checkout, but just checkout normally, and then on the Payment page, select Paypal as your checkout method, and the place to enter your code will be on the bottom left of all the methods.

If you've already tried to checkout using the Paypal button, just close your browser to clear the cache, and then try it again by going through the regular checkout button.

Cheers!
There were 3000 total produced and when I checked yesterday, there were over 1400 left. I totally agree that anyone interested in shmups on Vita should pick up a few copies, the Asia version cover artwork is fantastic! (The LRG artwork is outstanding as well). And the Asia version has reversible cover and a full color manual!

Everything Vita is almost out.

Better go quick if you want Aqua Kitty DX Vita, bundle or just game!

PS4 games are getting there too.

Picked up all three no prob. The rest have about 10% left at this point aside from AK (Vita) which is just about gone at 3%

bread's done
Back