Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Put someone up to buying a game from him to get his contact information. It'll get you their name and email tied into PayPal at least. Then give him a ban hammer from ordering games on your website. Same with the rest of those greedy resellers using your stock photo's, it's BS. Then all those games bought, put on your auction block in the forums for a charity or something. Maybe then it'll stop the EBay greediness once and for all. I understand the earlier games like Breach & Clear, Saturday Morning RPG, and Oddworld New N Tasty as most of those are climbing up to $125-200+ each now.
I think he implied that is in fact what they've done, but the email and address from that seller doesn't match anything in their records.

While they've certainly been able to stop some resellers in the past using that tactic, it doesn't seem to work with that guy as he seems to have a more complicated system in place.

Is there anything listed that would have had an purchase limit?

That's the issue - that people are obviously buying more than the limit set by the seller (LRG).

Unless I'm missing something??

I don't understand why you guys care about resellers and flippers so much. Doomstink has done it for years. Now he wants to act like a white knight about it.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gundamkidd99&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&searchInterval=30

Is there anything listed that would have had an purchase limit?

That's the issue - that people are obviously buying more than the limit set by the seller (LRG).

Unless I'm missing something??
It's well noted in the past that that they go through all the orders and cancel the ones that exceed the limits.

Whether it'd be manually, or through a script, they do indeed cancel orders.

Previous resellers that they have stopped, and canceled the orders on, they were able to track them through their address, and some of them have tracked multiple accounts to the same seller.

There's definitely a system in place that prevents people from purchasing more than the allotted limit per account, since they've done that from the beginning.

Only exception are the ones where they remove the purchase limit, but most of these resellers aren't selling those titles, but mainly the ones that are much more rare, which makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understood, which is why I didn't understand the analogy...

It's well noted in the past that that they go through all the orders and cancel the ones that exceed the limits.

Whether it'd be manually, or through a script, they do indeed cancel orders.

Previous resellers that they have stopped, and canceled the orders on, they were able to track them through their address, and some of them have tracked multiple accounts to the same seller.

There's definitely a system in place that prevents people from purchasing more than the allotted limit per account, since they've done that from the beginning.

Only exception are the ones where they remove the purchase limit, but most of these resellers aren't selling those titles, but mainly the ones that are much more rare, which makes sense.

Looks like all of his feedbacks are from buying stuff.
I think you're confusing feedback as a buyer with feedback from buyers. He has ~6,000+ feedback as a seller vs ~300 as seller.

I think it's unfair to expect LRG to catch all flippers... there's always bound to be people who find ways around any limits.

People got to realized that once you buy something it is fully in your right to do whatever you like later. Just like anything in life that you no longer need or have use for later. The only issue if you're abusing the limit LRG has set. 

there's always bound to be people who find ways around any limits.
Yeah, some of these guys seem to be doing a lot of work to make a few extra dollars. I don't personally care if someone sales their copies or not, but this just seems like a ton of work, and for what?

There's the risk of getting caught, and then banned, and as Josh pointed out, some must be using others in the grand scheme, and maybe for $50-100 per game would be worth it, but some of these prices are rather low. But like anything in life, I guess some do it because they can, and maybe it's the thrill of it all that is their motivation and not so much the money.

Yeah, just regular reselling is fine.

LRG are mainly looking to stop those who have like 5-10 of them for sale, or those who are selling their review copies which aren't meant to be sold.

If people are buying, and selling their own copies without breaking any of the rules, then more power to them since it doesn't impact me anyways.

LRG has every right to cancel orders that violate their policy.

However, it is extremely petty and butthurt-ish for CAGers to prowl ebay and report listings just out of spite. LRG will handle all the issues on their own, and I'm sure there are some people out there who get friends/family to order games for them under other accounts, and then just pay the friends/family for the games and wind up with multiple copies.

If so, there's nothing LRG can do about that.

LRG has every right to cancel orders that violate their policy.

However, it is extremely petty and butthurt-ish for CAGers to prowl ebay and report listings just out of spite. LRG will handle all the issues on their own, and I'm sure there are some people out there who get friends/family to order games for them under other accounts, and then just pay the friends/family for the games and wind up with multiple copies.

If so, there's nothing LRG can do about that.
Actually, LRG encourages people to help them report listings as it would probably be a bigger waste of their time to try and comb through all of the listings on eBay to try and find people in breach of the rules.

Of course, it's really the more egregious ones they're concerned about, but as you've noted, not always able to do anything about it.

I think as long as people are reporting those who are doing something fishy, then I don't really have a problem with it. People who are reporting like single, or two copy listings are indeed a bit petty, with the exception of those copies that have hole punches in the UPC.

Actually, LRG encourages people to help them report listings as it would probably be a bigger waste of their time to try and comb through all of the listings on eBay to try and find people in breach of the rules.

Of course, it's really the more egregious ones they're concerned about, but as you've noted, not always able to do anything about it.

I think as long as people are reporting those who are doing something fishy, then I don't really have a problem with it. People who are reporting like single, or two copy listings are indeed a bit petty, with the exception of those copies that have hole punches in the UPC.
Maybe they do, but I think we both know people are reporting them, not to help out CAG, but because they're annoyed they didn't get a copy and want to be vindictive about it to people with multiples out of jealousy.

Maybe they do, but I think we both know people are reporting them, not to help out CAG, but because they're annoyed they didn't get a copy and want to be vindictive about it to people with multiples out of jealousy.
Indeed.

Some people are reporting because they want to be helpful, but for some they do seem to just report any listing they feel are way too overpriced, and out of some sort of spite.

I can definitely see some people also don't like watching people selling them because they refuse to sell their own.

I wouldn't say that everyone is doing it just because, but there are certainly some that are doing because they genuinely care about this kind of stuff, and not just for petty reasons, although, I'd imagine it's not too many. XD

LGR does us a favor(even if we pay for it) for releasing physical media that Sony or any other company deems not worthy of a print run, but instead, we have a bunch of crybabies complaning from how LGR to run their company to why my 2 to copies of the same game in different platforms because I'm a collector and not a hoarder that just buys what we may need and let the next person have the same chance of having at least one. Want better service? Invest on the company so they can grow or ask for a premium service that you are willing to pay regardless of amount but convenient to you. Want games to stop raising price? Don't give patronage to resellers who mark up games and are destroying the hobby for collecting. I hope the bubble burst already so "investment collectors" stop hoarding and leave the hobby to those who have a passion for it.

I don't understand why you guys care about resellers and flippers so much. Doomstink has done it for years. Now he wants to act like a white knight about it.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gundamkidd99&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&searchInterval=30
Reselling things is perfectly within people's rights and I've always said that and maintained that from the start. What I care about is people breaking the limits we set. Play by the rules and I don't care one bit. This chriszx dude on eBay is ordering 10+ copies of games where we set a limit of 1 per customer - that's not cool.

It'd be one thing if I went through and banned people for selling the one or two copies they buy within our limits. I don't and frankly I don't care - you have the right to do with your property as you please. If you break the rules I set, though, that's a different story. I don't want you around in that case.

Reselling things is perfectly within people's rights and I've always said that and maintained that from the start. What I care about is people breaking the limits we set. Play by the rules and I don't care one bit. This chriszx dude on eBay is ordering 10+ copies of games where we set a limit of 1 per customer - that's not cool.

It'd be one thing if I went through and banned people for selling the one or two copies they buy within our limits. I don't and frankly I don't care - you have the right to do with your property as you please. If you break the rules I set, though, that's a different story. I don't want you around in that case.
I don't know if this is true or not, but if someone uses a prepaid Visa/MasterCard gift debit card of lets say $100-250 etc...can't that person use any name and address when they do guest check out..? It works like a credit card and not traceable. Just thought of this...

I want to add that I was a reseller because I loved the thrill of hunting for games and needed a way to support myself as I built up my business. I inherently understand that not all resellers and flippers are bad people. The issue is that jerks like this give them all a bad name. They're the guys with 75 NES Minis on Craiglist, the ones paying homeless people to hold their spots in multiple lines for hot items, the ones with bots and scripts at the ready to buy any in-demand item out from under anyone playing fair. Screw those guys - I don't need to cater to them.

I've met tons of resellers who aren't like that. They're great people but if they tell anyone here that they resell stuff they get eaten alive. It sucks that the actions of a few condemn the whole.

I haven't sold an item on eBay since last Spring. I don't really need to anymore and finally have the luxury to just focus on one job. I've never been the guy to empty a city out of in-demand items and when I find a good deal on a store shelf and there are multiples, I never clear out the shelf. Resellers and flippers are villainized because of the assholes at the extreme end of the spectrum who jump through hoops to bend rules to get a leg up and screw others over.

If you play by the rules and keep it fair; who am I to tell you what to do with your purchase?

For everyone complaining about the reselling market and eBay, I don't think you realize how trivial of a percentage of the copies go there. The ranting and complaining make it sound like 90% of the copies end up on eBay.

You can look back 90 days in eBay sales history (~November 21st to present) so I am sticking with releases from around that time frame.

Volume Vita 69 copies sold out of 4,800

Odd World Stranger's Wrath Vita 126 copies sold out of 4,500 (5,500 with PSX copies which I did not exclude)

Firewatch PS4 119 copies sold out of 7,300

Lone Survivor Vita 34 copies sold out of 3,600

Lone Survivor Vita 35 copies sold out of 3,600

The number of transactions are around 1-2 copies per 100 released by Limited Run Games are resold on eBay. Add in other sources like Amazon etc and it is still probably less than 5%. Unless there is some black market voodoo video game reselling center where the other 85% are going that I don't know about, resellers are not stealing all of the copies.

Josh and Douglas have good systems in place to limit abuse, they clearly are doing more than most companies in their position would be doing. Lay off and be an adult sometimes you don't get the things you want.

People that don't get what they want complain about resellers, and they are idiots.  It's a fact of life.  That would be like me going out to the street corner to protest bananas. 

At the same time you don't come to forums like these and brag about reselling.  It's not kosher. 

I don't know if this is true or not, but if someone uses a prepaid Visa/MasterCard gift debit card of lets say $100-250 etc...can't that person use any name and address when they do guest check out..? It works like a credit card and not traceable. Just thought of this...
Actually Vanillia Visa and a PO Box would be all one needs (you can even lease addresses at some storage units). You use street addressing to cover up that it's a PO Box. There are tons of tricks to be a total fake person online. If someone is willing to jump through all those hoops just to get around a LRG buying limit then I guess they deserve extras.Seems like a lot of effort for small gains, but can be done for rebate limits, bonuses at online bookies, ect

Actually Vanillia Visa and a PO Box would be all one needs. You use street addressing to cover up that it's a PO Box. Look up ebay stealth as there are tons of tricks to be a total fake person online . If someone is willing to jump through all those hoops just to get around a LRG buying limit then I guess they deserve extras.Seems like a lot of effort for small gains, but can be done for rebate limits, ect

I never got a code for the Oddworld playing cards. I never even saw them on the site. Where were they listed?
Did you buy Strangers Wrath? If you did, they should have emailed you about the cards, and included the code. If you didn't buy the game, there is no other way to get the cards, as they where a bonus with the game, they just got them later than expected, so they didn't ship with the game originally.

Lol buying something second hand and flipping it is fine. You're getting out there and putting in your time.

Buying something with low stock to flip and take advantage of people by making a false deficit is scummy (Amiibo, nes classic, lrg, any console at release). It requires no skill and is just a lazy sleezy thing.

But whatever. Hustle hard get money blah blah. Get it how you can, if you don't someone else out there is gonna.

I never got a code for the Oddworld playing cards. I never even saw them on the site. Where were they listed?
I don't know if the codes where sent in bulk, but my email is time stamped 9:18pm Thursday night. So that may help you find it if you got the email to begin with.

I had an AK that was damaged. I asked and they said they can't replace it b/c they don't have any replacement copies so... yeah, we're outta luck.
probally just stop buying from them until there is something i really want... if they want to ship this badly why give them the business

probally just stop buying from them until there is something i really want... if they want to ship this badly why give them the business
Shit happens when it comes to shipping, as I bullet proof all my packages, and damages still happen. I've gotten every order from LRG in a bubble mailer(except one), and have not had a single damaged item yet. And I've ordered every Vita game and several PS4 games up to this point.

Now I do think there should be replacements held for damages and lost orders, but in regards to damages during shipping, that is out of their control.

People got to realized that once you buy something it is fully in your right to do whatever you like later. Just like anything in life that you no longer need or have use for later. The only issue if you're abusing the limit LRG has set.
Found the reseller

If we all bought games from "Chris" and filed negative reports ebay would ban him for life, js
you'll be doing a favor for all the other resellers by taking out the guy underselling... then the only option for anyone that want a copy is to pay the higher markup prices.

Shit happens when it comes to shipping, as I bullet proof all my packages, and damages still happen. I've gotten every order from LRG in a bubble mailer(except one), and have not had a single damaged item yet. And I've ordered every Vita game and several PS4 games up to this point.

Now I do think there should be replacements held for damages and lost orders, but in regards to damages during shipping, that is out of their control.
We do hold games back for replacements, usually about 50 copies or so. With the most recent games the problem is the hold shipment service. The shipping team pulled everything they needed to fulfill held orders and somehow we don't have the 50 - 80 copies we were supposed to have left for replacements. Customer support is supposed to be telling people that we can't immediately replace certain games but may be able to once held orders have been shipped.

If you're worried about items getting damaged there is a reason we offer a boxed shipment option. Either pay the $1.99 for peace of mind or buy a single PS4 game to have your stuff shipped boxed. Of the 50,000+ Vita games we shipped out last year, only 12 came back damaged (compared to well over 100 PS4 games). We can't afford the time, effort, and cost involved in folding and sealing boxes to prevent such a minimal problem. Not being able to replace stuff isn't the norm, it's an issue with the held shipment stuff.

I never received it either. I checked my email and the spam folder. And I did buy it.
Did you buy one copy, two copies, or a triple pack? Did you unsubscribe from our mailing list?

Single copy codes went out through the mailing list so if you unsubscribed you may not have gotten the email (MailChimp said 64 of the emails I entered had unsubscribed). Double purchases and triple packs had a direct email from [email protected].

Did you buy one copy, two copies, or a triple pack? Did you unsubscribe from our mailing list?

Single copy codes went out through the mailing list so if you unsubscribed you may not have gotten the email (MailChimp said 64 of the emails I entered had unsubscribed). Double purchases and triple packs had a direct email from [email protected].
One.

It it likely I unsubcribed since I usually get my information here, LRG twitter, or neogaf

If we all bought games from "Chris" and filed negative reports ebay would ban him for life, js
Really sad and pathetic people would go to the trouble of seeking out someone and wanting to ruin them. Out of all the bad things in this world you decide 1 guy out of billions needs to be destroyed because he is reselling some games? Wow. One guy works the system to buy a few video games so he can resell them and he is then a target for a few other petty pissed off people for no real reason? I hate what the Internet has allowed some people to turn into. anonymous assholes that think they are justified in butting into other people's lives and invading them simply because they believe themselves to be Righteous in their cause.

And over some video games at that. And video games you can buy digitally anytime or anywhere if all you care about is playing them. But you don't, you want to lash out at some guy on the Internet because he has something you want. So you veil your jealousy and greed and petty need to find someone to point your finger at and say they are a bad guy and hide it all behind the guise of calling him a bad person, all because he bought something and is now selling it.

That's pathetic.

Really sad and pathetic people would go to the trouble of seeking out someone and wanting to ruin them. Out of all the bad things in this world you decide 1 guy out of billions needs to be destroyed because he is reselling some games? Wow. One guy works the system to buy a few video games so he can resell them and he is then a target for a few other petty pissed off people for no real reason? I hate what the Internet has allowed some people to turn into. anonymous assholes that think they are justified in butting into other people's lives and invading them simply because they believe themselves to be Righteous in their cause.

And over some video games at that. And video games you can buy digitally anytime or anywhere if all you care about is playing them. But you don't, you want to lash out at some guy on the Internet because he has something you want. So you veil your jealousy and greed and petty need to find someone to point your finger at and say they are a bad guy and hide it all behind the guise of calling him a bad person, all because he bought something and is now selling it.

That's pathetic.
Disagree. Somebody is doing something that hurts others by breaking the rules and sucking up copies that could have been sold to people that actually wanted them at MSRP and then profits for literally doing something that isn't necessary. Sure, in the scheme of wrongs in the world it's nowhere near the top, but I have no problem with LRG or anyone else making life difficult for people that engage in this kind of garbage.

That's pathetic.
I don't think you need me to tell you this, but there's a lot of irony within your own statement there.

While it may be petty in many ways, there are reasons why people do the things they do. I don't necessarily agree or approve what some of these sellers who clearly broke the rules have done.

Of course I wouldn't go to the extent of what was mentioned by the person you quoted as that would also be breaking the rules on eBay, so the gesture would be ethically meaningless.

However, there's really no reason to get this upset over something that you have noted poignantly to be petty. Doting on pettiness is petty in itself isn't it? If you don't agree with their approach, just let them know. No need to this level of a tirade over it, although, I'll be the first to admit I've had one of these recently, so I more than understand if this was one of those once in awhile last straw moments. :p

That's pathetic.
:shame: Nice try, Chris, but scalping is bad.

It's tempting to do stuff like that, but it's a slippery slope. What's next anyone who ever sold more than two copies (even years later) of a LRG needs to get hurt with feedback? If the guy covered his tracks enough that even LRG can't find him so be it. He's a small fish anyway and makes virtually nothing for the troubles ( has any LRG besides Breach, Saturday, and the first Oddworld hit over $100?). In fact most of these guys lose money in the long run and sit on a bunch of crap they can't sell for years (You can get a few of the titles for less shipped than when they were first ordered).

Lol buying something second hand and flipping it is fine. You're getting out there and putting in your time.

Buying something with low stock to flip and take advantage of people by making a false deficit is scummy (Amiibo, nes classic, lrg, any console at release). It requires no skill and is just a lazy sleezy thing.

But whatever. Hustle hard get money blah blah. Get it how you can, if you don't someone else out there is gonna.
No way that a flipper can technically take advantage of a buyer -- nobody forces anyone else to buy a game from them. Buyers choose what they're willing to pay, hence the term free market.

can_somebody_know_this__by_cynthalinalover250-d8wqalj.jpg

anyone know where the video of this guy is?

bread's done
Back