Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Hey Doomstick can you look into getting My Name is Mayo into the LRG family? I would love to get a physical PS4 and Vita physical release.

It does look nice, but I'm not gonna support a company that completely botched a release and was then mocking customers on twitter who complained about what a crap show it was. I ordered the jp copy from play-asia, happy with that

I'd prefer not to go through IAm8Bit. But with the exclusivity, I'm probably going to have to go through them. I definitely want a physical copy of Hyper Light Drifter, and it looks like they've at least put together a pretty solid package.

I'd prefer not to go through IAm8Bit. But with the exclusivity, I'm probably going to have to go through them. I definitely want a physical copy of Hyper Light Drifter, and it looks like they've at least put together a pretty solid package.
1st game is horror experienced. Hope they don't mess up the 2nd game. $30 still pricey but little cheaper from play-asia.

Oh man, I totally missed the morning batch. I remembered an hour before, but then got caught up with work and totally forgot about it. Guess I'll try the evenings batch.

So what happened with Rez anyways? I didn't buy it though was tempted to when it was on sale a few months back.
I don't wanna get too far distracted, but they just had really sucky communication on what was going on with the game. It was a preorder and just not handled well (the Skullgirls guys keep updating us with progress...Rez had NOTHING.) I attempted to contact them 3 times about it, the final time requesting cancellation and didn't get a response even once. Meanwhile they spammed my inbox with all kinds of newsletters that didn't mention it at all. I don't think I ever got tracking info for mine, it just randomly showed up. IIRC they also charged like $10+ for shipping (and were calling the shipping method media mail, which should have been like $3 in USA).

Then when it DID come out, the cover art was supposed to be holographic or whatever. Not a huge deal for me, but people were pissed. They did replace them for free, which was nice...but it was printed upside down and didn't insert correctly into the case lol.

All in all I was soured on the experience due to lack of communication. But I really like the looks of Hyper Light Drifter, and this isn't a preorder, and it looks like they are starting shipping Monday, and everyone deserves a second chance so I'm in.

Anyway, sorry to distract from LRG. I don't mean to derail but I wanted to answer for those who may not know.

So how did Pang do this morning? It was the only title I was interested in, and I'm hoping if it sales well enough, the developer will give us some more love in the future.

So how did Pang do this morning? It was the only title I was interested in, and I'm hoping if it sales well enough, the developer will give us some more love in the future.
I recall it was still available 4 minutes after i placed my order when the flood gates opened.

Out of the three titles this morning, Astebreed is the only one that had a quantity limit change for the afternoon.

I mean, Pang still sold out relatively fast, but the front runner for most desired was Astebreed this morning.

I don't get the complaints. LRG's business model is based on limited print runs, literally. You can't do that and avoid resellers. In reality, the print runs they do are likely significantly larger than they would be otherwise because of resellers. What's the difference if you didn't get the game because it sold out in 2 minutes due to a smaller run size, or 2 minutes due to a larger print run and resellers? In any case, he or she likely aren't even doing anything wrong. Perhaps he or she enlists family members or friends to buy copies to resell?

Most limited internet sales are akin to lottery. Lots of stuff has to go right to win... if you really want one at least resellers guarantee a chance.

I'm really surprised LRG allows people to exploit their customers like that
They've already addressed that they tried to catch this guy but can't figure out who he (or she) is. This person is likely using multiple addresses (of friends/family... or maybe PO Boxes). I think it was mentioned that they have bought some copies of the game from this guy to try and figure out who it was using the return address and still couldn't figure out who it was.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will I be able to buy all 3 games at once or is it going to say "sold out" when I click to place my order? Happened to me with Runner2, don't wanna miss out on these.

Edit: Nevermind, LRG just replied to me on twitter lol  O:)

They've already addressed that they tried to catch this guy but can't figure out who he (or she) is. This person is likely using multiple addresses (of friends/family... or maybe PO Boxes). I think it was mentioned that they have bought some copies of the game from this guy to try and figure out who it was using the return address and still couldn't figure out who it was.
Why are they trying to figure this out? He's just playing the re-seller game.

(Not saying re-selling is right or wrong it just happens)

Well, I failed again to get the Astebreed bundle :(. I really wanted the soundtrack, but I guess I'll have to settle for the standard version.

I'm surprised people buy these to resell. Sure, a few releases have gone to over $100 such as Breach and Clear, Shantae, Saturday Morning RPG, and Abe's Oddysee but majority of releases are only selling for $60 on eBay which doesn't seem like enough profit after eBay fees, PayPal, and shipping.

bill%20nye%20pervert_zps2g7qbozg.gif

There's no way to know that. And besides, they should do that on their backend - address crosscheck, maybe credit card - and not waste any time on other methods.
Sure there is. He regularly posts double the number of copies per person for sale on Ebay the day the games go on sale. They have already tried cross checking and he is either using a fake Ebay mailing address or a fake physical address when buying from them because they can't correlate the two.

Because he keeps violating their per customer limits.
Just because he's selling more copies than allowed to purchase, doesn't mean he's broken any rules. Maybe he has some friends, who get an extra copy to off set their game cost, and then give it to him to sale. LRG has done their best to find him, but all he would need is a PO box, and a standard address, and no one could ever say 100% for sure who he is.

Honestly, based on the small amount he may be making, I honestly don't know why he bothers(so it may be for others), and I for sure don't understand why anyone else cares. I know it's because "he's broken the rules", but until LRG can put him to the games, that isn't a fact either, but just speculation. So why spend the time hunting this guy down, when he may not have even broken any rules to begin with?

bread's done
Back