Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Looks like it is going to be a pre-order thing also. Did their other pre-orders have set limits? I have only bought a few LRG releases myself. 

Pretty underwhelming day. Ys Origin is nice, but it was already getting an English release in Asia.
Yup. Those earlier announcements I was like "this is what was supposed to knock my socks off?"

But finally, an announcement worth mentioning with Ys.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's just no pleasing people in this thread.

LRG can release every single game on cart for a total of $24.99 and people will still complain.

Just don't buy them if you don't want them.

It looks like I read it wrong. He mentioned in one of his tweets about a pre-order but he was talking about the Play-Asia one.
It should still have a pretty big run preorders or not. They made over 4000 for Pang right? Y's should be upwards of 8000 minimum I would think, but we shall see.

Nice, I asked months ago in this thread if there was any chance they'd do Ys Origins, I thought it was a long shot.
Well the Pang game that just came out is from the same company, and LRG said if it did well, they could hopefully do more with the company in the future. So I figured it was in the works, just a matter of when it was going to happen. The CE is for sure something I wasn't expecting, so that's cool as well. Hopefully it's nice, and not to overpriced for what's offered.

It's time to cancel my pre-order Ys Origins from Play-asia.  Why LRG?  1st time i ever pre-ordered anything from play-asia.  Hope they able let me swap different tittle instead mess up with my credit card.

Hopefully they print a ton of Ys. Perhaps a pre-order would be appropriate for a game this big. Either way I'm stoked that they will be making a CE for it. Servers are going to get hammered that day. Props to LRG for bringing out quality games.

I finally just quit buying any digital game that could potentially be an LRG release, no matter how cheap it gets (glad I waited on the Dragon Fantasy releases!)

So tough to pass on a flash sale great though, especially if it isn't known if it will get the LRG treatment or not. I haven't had to double dip YET...but you never know with some of these sale prices.
Great option. Why bother supporting developers of games you enjoy? It's all about being as cheap as possible, no matter what, right?

Personally I buy games (usually on sale) when they are the types of games I enjoy, if those games come out later as physical releases (by LRG or others such as iam8bit or EAS) then I'm fine with that. I bought Runner 2 LRG on both platforms even though I already owned it digitally from a sale, same with Blue Rider PS4 LE. I think it's good to support developers of games you enjoy whenever possible, and if that entails double dipping, it's no big deal.

The Silver Case was done via pre-order.
Pretty sure they aren't going to do preorders going forward. Both times they have done them, they have had cancellations and complaints and no end of problems. They are regularly getting attacked on Twitter and Facebook about the fact that Skullgirls hasn't been shipped yet. It also sounded from Doug's posts earlier that they already have a quantity locked in.

According to doug, this one won't have an exclusive KS cover and is more of a guaranteed pre-order.
I'm not sure how to read into this... so there's 1 run, whatever isn't sold on KS will be sold on their website?

I really don't want that KS bundle.. almost $100 after shipping and I just want the game.:whistle2:/

According to doug, this one won't have an exclusive KS cover and is more of a guaranteed pre-order.
Those KS that LRG does will they be on their site for sale once it releases for like a regular version? Ive seen them doing several of them lately but I cant afford the KS price to get a physical copy.

Are we getting DariusBurst on April 14th? I feel like I saw it listed somewhere for the 14th, but can't find it now. I see Flinthook is the 14th now.  

damn i preordered Y's from Play-Asia not too long ago.
giphy.gif

Great option. Why bother supporting developers of games you enjoy? It's all about being as cheap as possible, no matter what, right?

Personally I buy games (usually on sale) when they are the types of games I enjoy, if those games come out later as physical releases (by LRG or others such as iam8bit or EAS) then I'm fine with that. I bought Runner 2 LRG on both platforms even though I already owned it digitally from a sale, same with Blue Rider PS4 LE. I think it's good to support developers of games you enjoy whenever possible, and if that entails double dipping, it's no big deal.
I agree that it's great to support devs whenever and wherever possible. And I do try to do that, again, whenever and wherever possible. All I was illustrating was that this is how I do my business.

My gaming budget is not what it used to be, so I have to be more selective - CAG has been a wonderful way for me to stay in gaming without breaking that budget. That's why I have bought several of LRG's releases, but not all of them. That's why I wait to see the potential for an LRG release. That's why I don't double dip, if I can help it. At the end of the day, my goal is to play and enjoy a game with the limited amount of time and money I have to do so.

I apologize for whizzing in your cheerios. I honestly wasn't aiming for them. Hopefully I've unrung this bell. Have a good day, and enjoy these sweet LRG releases (Ys shall be mine)

Yet another Kickstarter advertising a LRG release:

https://twitter.com/dan_adelman/status/849029494295977985

How many does that make now?
I'm just going to wait for it to actually come to the LRG site. I don't like the idea of having my money tied to multiple KSs at one time

I'm just going to wait for it to actually come to the LRG site. I don't like the idea of having my money tied to multiple KSs at one time
Same. I've never backed a Kickstarter in my life and am not going to start now just because of LRG.

I only hope when they do eventually go live on the site, the quantities remain in the 2500-5000 range like usual. I'd hate for allocations to go to backers first and for people that don't feel comfortable with Kickstarter to be left fighting over only a couple hundred. Kickstarter almost always costs more first off and then your money is tied up for what could potentially be years.

I only hope when they do eventually go live on the site, the quantities remain in the 2500-5000 range like usual. I'd hate for allocations to go to backers first and for people that don't feel comfortable with Kickstarter to be left fighting over only a couple hundred
The way the previous partnerships have worked is that Kickstarter backers get their own variant cover copy, and LRG will have their own separate release.

bread's done
Back