Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Is that the same Dan Adelman from the Axiom Verge situation? I assume LRG and him hashed out whatever the beef was?
I noticed that to, and was wondering the same thing. In the end, it's all business, never personal(at least it shouldn't be). So I'm sure any and all issues are put aside in the name of the greater good for each business transaction.

Same. I've never backed a Kickstarter in my life and am not going to start now just because of LRG.

I only hope when they do eventually go live on the site, the quantities remain in the 2500-5000 range like usual. I'd hate for allocations to go to backers first and for people that don't feel comfortable with Kickstarter to be left fighting over only a couple hundred. Kickstarter almost always costs more first off and then your money is tied up for what could potentially be years.
My take on it: Kickstarter is still probably cheaper than ebay assholes if you're not willing to risk quantity on LRG. And the money goes to the developer, not to an uninvited middleman that did or produced nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of updates:

Flinthook listing for the 14th is up.  Ray Gigant and Flinthook so far are our April 14th releases.

Lots of other listings are officially listed, with quantity count, but no release date yet.

Dariusburst LE listing is up.  I know many people have been waiting for it to show it's face!

Some things of note:

A fair number of the upcoming releases have quantities of 3000 or less.

The Mutant Mudds have more Vita copies available than PS4 copies.

When Was Drive Drive Drive announced?
A while ago

26-3.png

Flinthook is look awesome.  I wish they have Vita version for that.  I sure i will pick up Dariusburst or CE.  Still decision making ;)

Any word on Salt and Sanctuary? I've been holding off on buying it ever since it was announced to be a LRG.
Same here. Last I heard they were waiting for the Vita version to be finished and released digitally, so that when it came to LRG it could be sold on both formats instead of just PS4. I think SAS just finally came out of the Vita a week or two ago, so now that it's finally out maybe we will see the physical games finally release.

Same here. Last I heard they were waiting for the Vita version to be finished and released digitally, so that when it came to LRG it could be sold on both formats instead of just PS4. I think SAS just finally came out of the Vita a week or two ago, so now that it's finally out maybe we will see the physical games finally release.
It was said a few pages ago that it's coming but not date yet...

Yep, we've got S&S coming up. No date yet - not even a potential window, but it is coming!

Wft, my copy of Astebreed just arrived.  It's only been a week since since the sale!?......Sorry, I'm just pleasantly flabbergasted at this as it's usually a minimum wait time of 3 weeks for me.  :lol:

Wft, my copy of Astebreed just arrived. It's only been a week since since the sale!?......Sorry, I'm just pleasantly flabbergasted at this as it's usually a minimum wait time of 3 weeks for me. :lol:
Mine says Priority Mail and I only have a Pre Shipment Label. ><

My iam8bit order shipped yesterday and I'm probably getting it tomorrow. :x

Wft, my copy of Astebreed just arrived. It's only been a week since since the sale!?......Sorry, I'm just pleasantly flabbergasted at this as it's usually a minimum wait time of 3 weeks for me. :lol:
I got all 3 games today too. Astebreed came separate because I had internet problems during the first round. Weird since I thought they prioritized single game orders to be shipped first.

I'm so torn on flinthook. I like the graphics and it looks fun but I'm worried it's one I like to look at more than I'll like to play...

Flinthook is an easy sell for me. I'll probably get it.

Ray Gigant is a harder proposition. It's being sold at a higher price-point, which is always going to make me a little more leery. Its general reviews have been a bit on the more tepid side. This is not an instance where the game in question has universal praise. Still, I am quite a fan of JRPGs in general, so I'm kind of leaning toward picking up a copy. The extra $15 probably won't be enough to deter me.

Actually I looked into it and I see flinthook is a roguelike. I don't care for that genre so I think I'm out. Wow it's gonna be crazy not worrying about this for a week lol. I'll be with you guys in spirit!

Really its alright. More $ saved for Darius...

Actually I looked into it and I see flinthook is a roguelike. I don't care for that genre so I think I'm out. Wow it's gonna be crazy not worrying about this for a week lol. I'll be with you guys in spirit!

Really its alright. More $ saved for Darius...
Hey man, but you needs it..

I kind of want to grab Ray Gigant but I own it digitally already. I feel like it will sell much faster than people are thinking.

can someone explain to me whats the difference between Mutant Mudds Deluxe and MM Super Challenge? is SC a sequel or is it just the first game but in harder difficulty? i played MMD when it was a free PS Plus game. that game was really fun and got all the trophies for it.

Wow these three Japanese games together look gorgeous. Reminds me of SNES/PS era when most all "AAA" video games were Japanese.

Thanks Microsoft/EA/Activision for ruining it with your Madden/CoD/Xbox crap the past decade.

Wow these three Japanese games together look gorgeous. Reminds me of SNES/PS era when most all "AAA" video games were Japanese.

Thanks Microsoft/EA/Activision for ruining it with your Madden/CoD/Xbox crap the past decade.
Japan ruined that themselves by not evolving their craft. Then when the Japanese development scene realized they had become obsolete... Japan was so far behind they had to play catch up for about a decade. Thankfully it looks like Japan has finally caught up.

can someone explain to me whats the difference between Mutant Mudds Deluxe and MM Super Challenge? is SC a sequel or is it just the first game but in harder difficulty? i played MMD when it was a free PS Plus game. that game was really fun and got all the trophies for it.
I saw someone equate it to super Mario bros the lost levels. Take that as you will, because it didn't really answer my question either lol.

I saw someone equate it to super Mario bros the lost levels. Take that as you will, because it didn't really answer my question either lol.
Yeah, from what I've seen of it, that appears to be correct. It's the same, but different and very much harder. I enjoyed the first one up to a point, but it got ridiculously hard, which I don't necessarily mind, but that level of hard with a time limit is just kicking a guy in the balls after you've already shot him. LOL I'm sure most players have certain things in game they don't like, and time limits are my pet peeve for sure. Very few games that have them have I ever finished, or given a thumbs up to(if any).

I'm getting these for completions sake, and I like the developer, so it's also a show of support, but I can honestly say my chances of playing much of either are pretty slim. I do also agree that if someone really want's these titles, they very much shine on the 3DS. The 3D is about the best there is, and the games where built around the effect and it shows.

Yeah I agree I had the original non hard version...am I understanding you correctly that the other version has a timer?! I may pass on it if  that's the case lol. 

I absolutely loved Xeodrifter. I'm excited for at least one of these haha. 

Yeah I agree I had the original non hard version...am I understanding you correctly that the other version has a timer?! I may pass on it if that's the case lol.
No, the original has a timer to. I was able to deal to a certain point, when a game like that gets hard, and then I'm fighting the clock? That shits insanity. A game like Super Meat Boy is beyond hard, but I'll do a level there 50 times to try and pass it, no problem. Once you add a clock to that type of situation, I'll say fuck it each time. MM is hard enough, and while I understand the clock is meant to keep things challenging, the game would be perfect for me with out it, but whatever.

since thats the case, i with they put both games in one cart.
It has been explained, that just adding two games to one cart, while possible, would require new programming, and the recert process through Sony, which is tons of extra cost, when there isn't much getting made to begin with. So the game would require a new menu, to go between the two games, and that is where the problem would lie.

Now technically, they could have offered a two game set, where it has a unique packaging, and both cards are included in one case, so that may have been a better option, and would have for sure made the game more desirable to those who may already own them, but I don't know if that would have required anything extra either. Maybe Josh can weigh in and say if a 2 game package is possible in a case like this.

You would still need a special case made that holds 2 game carts, or a sleeve of some kind to house both cases. So I'm pretty sure any option outside of what's being offered would have required more work, time and money.

God damn... looking at that page... so many upcoming games. Pretty torn on Flinthook, it looks like a cool game.
I noticed the same thing yesterday, and was holy ****, way to many games. Lucky for me, I gave up on the PS4 awhile ago, otherwise I would be screwed. I may get Darius SE, but I'm still undecided. Flinthook looks really cool, and if it was for the Vita, I would be all over it, but since it's PS4 only, it's another game I have no problems passing by.

I'm really surprised by Nova 111. Wasn't on my radar at all until I watched the video posted earlier. Will probably pick it up on both platforms now.

I know there's the trade thread and I have my post there but I'm throwing up the hail mary in here. Anyone have an extra sticker that was bundled with Firewatch? Only sticker I need to have my PS4 collection (thus far) completed.

Uh, you did notice the one he want's is sold out right? Which makes sense, as it was offered from the developer, and they didn't offer the stickers I believe, so all those buyers had to hit up LRG to get them.
Oh, my bad. Didn't notice this one is distinctly labeled as mustard/gray... just looked yellow/black.

Mine says Priority Mail and I only have a Pre Shipment Label. ><

My iam8bit order shipped yesterday and I'm probably getting it tomorrow. :x
Not to throw shade their way, but we're shipping like three times as much as them right now. We managed to get close to 15,000 items out the door in just five days of shipping. Our nearest USPS branch lacks the capability to pick up and process as much as we ship in a day which has been a really big hurdle to overcome.

No, the original has a timer to. I was able to deal to a certain point, when a game like that gets hard, and then I'm fighting the clock? That shits insanity. A game like Super Meat Boy is beyond hard, but I'll do a level there 50 times to try and pass it, no problem. Once you add a clock to that type of situation, I'll say fuck it each time. MM is hard enough, and while I understand the clock is meant to keep things challenging, the game would be perfect for me with out it, but whatever.
It has been explained, that just adding two games to one cart, while possible, would require new programming, and the recert process through Sony, which is tons of extra cost, when there isn't much getting made to begin with. So the game would require a new menu, to go between the two games, and that is where the problem would lie.

Now technically, they could have offered a two game set, where it has a unique packaging, and both cards are included in one case, so that may have been a better option, and would have for sure made the game more desirable to those who may already own them, but I don't know if that would have required anything extra either. Maybe Josh can weigh in and say if a 2 game package is possible in a case like this.

You would still need a special case made that holds 2 game carts, or a sleeve of some kind to house both cases. So I'm pretty sure any option outside of what's being offered would have required more work, time and money.
I explained this pretty in-depth on NeoGAF. Vita carts are expensive (EXPENSIVE). If we sold a double pack, it'd still have to be $50 to turn a margin. Vita carts are twice as expensive to manufacture as PS4 discs at a minimum and can end up 3 or 4 times as expensive depending on a few factors. It would have been easy to do a double pack on PS4 for $30, but we couldn't have offered anything close to that on Vita. I prefer consistency and parity when it comes to packaging and pricing. The only way to offer that is singular releases of each game on both platforms.

On a different note - Mutant Mudds Super Challenge has a huge roster of playable guest characters (Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Abe from Oddworld - among many others). There is a lot of content in the game that is absent from Deluxe. Definitely worth a playthrough!

Got my LRG today and am very happy (bought Mitsurugi and Astebreed).  It's my first order with LRG, and given the great service and delivery, I think they've just earned another repeat customer.  I can't say I'm into buying games only for collector value (sort of done with that now), but I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for other titles that I may be interested in at LRG.

I wonder if the company might consider printing physical copies of Hatsune Miku's Future Color dancing games.  That would be SUPER cool, and I'd definitely pick up a copy!

So far I've yet to have trouble getting any lrg releases if I was online at release time, I like rushing to check out and get it before it's gone. Be glad tat LRG hasn't gotten to the level of Mondo poster drops, cuz if that ever happens you're gonna see a whole new level of upset and reseller decrying
Lol I don't even bother with Mondo anymore. For the prints I truly I want I just go straight to Ebay ready to pay the hikeup prices.

First-time poster....go easy on me!

Just discovered LRG a couple months ago and love their concept. Waiting for Salt&Sanctuary Vita physical release. But I also see that re-selling limited run games is a great investment too. Just curious (if I may ask): which LRG platform has better selling value on the open marketplace....PS4 or Vita? Does it just depend on the title? Thanks....

First-time poster....go easy on me!

Just discovered LRG a couple months ago and love their concept. Waiting for Salt&Sanctuary Vita physical release. But I also see that re-selling limited run games is a great investment too. Just curious (if I may ask): which LRG platform has better selling value on the open marketplace....PS4 or Vita? Does it just depend on the title? Thanks....
Excellent first post.

bread's done
Back