Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Got shipping notification yesterday for Deemo.

Ready for Friday. Furi PS4 & Dariusbust Vita.

Bong bong (RZA voice).
My shipping notice came today, and I just set my phone alarm for Friday as well. That $50 for one game is gonna sting for a minute, but I would have paid that to import, so it's all good.

I've heard that Raleigh, North Carolina is a pretty great place for tech companies. Is that still the case?
So long as you're ok with living in a progressive bubble. Educated folks aren't really welcomed just outside of that area. You're elite bastards.

I've heard that Raleigh, North Carolina is a pretty great place for tech companies. Is that still the case?
Cheap office space, affordable cost of living, and tons of local gaming companies (Epic, Red Storm/Ubisoft, Insomniac, Boss Key, Imangi, and more) make this a great place to be for the game industry. Other development hubs like San Francisco, New York, Boston, and Seattle have a significantly higher cost of living.

Cheap office space, affordable cost of living, and tons of local gaming companies (Epic, Red Storm/Ubisoft, Insomniac, Boss Key, Imangi, and more) make this a great place to be for the game industry. Other development hubs like San Francisco, New York, Boston, and Seattle have a significantly higher cost of living.
Yeah, I've seen a few here on CAG from the San Fransico area, and Holy ****, I had no idea the cost of living was so high there. I grew up in Los Angeles, so I knew what that was about. And New York is NY, but damn, some of these other places are nuts.

I love the area. I'm originally from southern Virginia very close to the NC border, but my tech job somehow landed me in Florida. I wish we had an office in Raleigh instead for sure. Although Florida is also pretty cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started receiving 3DS games with "floaters".  How the hell?  You can't reseat those without opening.

Fortunately I never committed to complete 3DS library or sealed 3DS games to care but it's still annoying.  Even though I don't care about opening then to reseat them it still nibbles the same OCD.

We've received a few loose Vita games from Sony. No idea how it happens and we never send those out to customers, though.
WOW, I would have to think those games just aren't placed properly to begin with, as those tabs in the Vita cases are beyond strong. So unless that part of the case was broken, I can't see a game shipped in boxes with others would just come loose.

I hope LRG releases MORE games !!!! More games means more options, and more likelihood that the one game you want a release for will be available. You don't have to buy EVERY GAME, and if you do that's your own personal demon's to wrestle with and not the average consumers. 

I think it's a very small minority of people who feel like they have to buy everything a company releases. I don't think that VOCAL minority should influence LRG release schedule for other gamers. Also owning every LRG game is still a small number compared to owning every PS4, Switch game etc. 

So LRG please keep releasing more games, and giving consumers more options :) You are doing a great job, and I'm sure the more variety of games released would mean more random customers finding out about your great service to the gaming community :)

[attachment=26892:game.jpg]

oh wow, this will be interesting to see how this plays out :)

I think it was touched on via another thread..... but I say LRG scrap their release (more or less same price and Play Asia trumps the LRG release with all the extra's i.e. larger box and soundtrack etc.) 

To clarify, I like LRG more and they are releasing more games I want to own in my collection ! Especially since Play Asia has a obsession/fascination with releasing puzzle games that I've never seen on anyone's want list. However when Play Asia does a release, they sure do make it a better package/value to consumers with all the bells and whistles at the SAME PRICE. 

While the competition is good for consumers, I was hoping Play Asia premium bundles would prompt LRG to step and and release the same sort of box sets (at the same price as play asia.... which I'm sure means less profit to them) that doesn't appear to be the case. 

So, I would rather LRG just do a different game, to clarify a different shmup :) No need to have companies releasing the same indie game, when there is a whole list of indie games people want to see released. 

There's no incentive to do that right now. LRG releases have all sold out fairly quickly, so why put more money into the package? I think what they are doing is okay b/c the last thing they want to do is sit on stale inventory (like Signature Editions).

But if we're making a wishlist, I'd like to see every release come with a full-color manual (PS4 and Vita titles) and maybe a "The Art of..." pamphlet that fits inside the case.

I hope LRG releases MORE games !!!! More games means more options, and more likelihood that the one game you want a release for will be available. You don't have to buy EVERY GAME, and if you do that's your own personal demon's to wrestle with and not the average consumers.

I think it's a very small minority of people who feel like they have to buy everything a company releases. I don't think that VOCAL minority should influence LRG release schedule for other gamers. Also owning every LRG game is still a small number compared to owning every PS4, Switch game etc.

So LRG please keep releasing more games, and giving consumers more options :) You are doing a great job, and I'm sure the more variety of games released would mean more random customers finding out about your great service to the gaming community :)
Wanting LRG to focus on fewer, bigger releases isn't just because it makes it easier to collect all the games. I think a lot of us stopped with that a while ago (hat tip to you if you're still going).

It's probably best in the long-run now that there's more competition and seemingly less demand. It took longer to sell 9,000 copies of Broken Age than 10,000 copies of Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics. Maybe this will lead to a correction of sorts and upcoming games will get smaller runs in sizes more like Aqua Kitty DX and Curses 'N Chaos.

Ys Origin, Night Trap, and Wonder Boy are going to be big releases, but from last week I think Undertale overshadowed the announcements in the E3 video. I only saw a couple games in there that registered for me.

Having more minimal packaging is why most LRG releases are able to have a base price of around $25. If you throw in a lot of collector's-edition soundtracks and extras, that price is going to bloat, and bloat quickly. And since LRG is a smaller operation, you won't ever see those kinds of collector's editions reduce in price or be put on clearance.

For some developers, more extra-heavy releases might be desirable. But I have no problem with the minimal-release option sticking around. Sometimes I just want a physical copy.

Having more minimal packaging is why most LRG releases are able to have a base price of around $25. If you throw in a lot of collector's-edition soundtracks and extras, that price is going to bloat, and bloat quickly. And since LRG is a smaller operation, you won't ever see those kinds of collector's editions reduce in price or be put on clearance.

For some developers, more extra-heavy releases might be desirable. But I have no problem with the minimal-release option sticking around. Sometimes I just want a physical copy.
I agree^

If given the choice, I would just prefer the cheaper and more bare bones option. If I had to pay a premium for each release to get a bunch of stuff I really don't need or want, I probably wouldn't get most of those titles. It's cool that a place like PA is offering these more robust bundles for not so much extra, but it's still not anything I've been to interested in thus far.

Should have the next few releases slated tomorrow.
tenor.gif

will LRG's release of ghost blade hd have the same cover art or get something different?
Our release won't be until November or December and I've cut the run size in half to 2,000 to account for the demand Play-Asia will serve. No idea what packaging will end up like at this point but I can tell you we won't put out a release inferior to Play-Asia.

Our reluctance to include extras isn't a matter of trying to make more money for ourselves - the extras would eat into the money taken home by the devs. EAS and Special Reserve have the luxury of being the developers/digital publishers of the games they release (in the case of EAS, the regional localizers/publishers) so they have more wiggle room for margin. Outside of B&C and SMRPG, I didn't develop any of the LRG releases so I don't have the ability to raise the cost of goods for the extras. Let's also not forget that EAS is in Hong Kong so their overall COGs for this stuff will be unbeatable by a US based company.

Our release won't be until November or December and I've cut the run size in half to 2,000 to account for the demand Play-Asia will serve. No idea what packaging will end up like at this point but I can tell you we won't put out a release inferior to Play-Asia.
I'll be supporting an LRG release of Ghost Blade HD and will be skipping Play Asia's.

I'll be supporting an LRG release of Ghost Blade HD and will be skipping Play Asia's.
You could buy the PA release next week, play it until Nov/Dec, and then sell it, take the money, and buy the LRG release so you don't have to wait 1/2 a year to play the game.

You could buy the PA release next week, play it until Nov/Dec, and then sell it, take the money, and buy the LRG release so you don't have to wait 1/2 a year to play the game.
You know everyone around here has backlogs years deep(maybe even decades), what's another 6 months in the grand scheme of things? LOL

If Soldner was/is an indicator, having a release on Play-Asia, and then on LRG won't really have an impact on the rabid selling out that occurs at LRG on a regular basis, especially if there are only 2000 copies.

I'm debating whether or not to jump on the playasia Ghost Blade release or just wait for LRGs. I'm not trying to go for a full set on PS4 or anything so I may just jump on this one since things seem to be a bit complicated on our side.

Can't wait for DariusBurst Vita tomorrow though!

​I got in on DariusBurst for the PS4, so I won't be bothering with the Vita version. I do want a copy of Furi though, I'll definitely put in an order for that one tomorrow morning. Of course, I'm also going to be going out on a quest to find some of the new Amiibo that are being released. We'll see how that goes.

​I got in on DariusBurst for the PS4, so I won't be bothering with the Vita version. I do want a copy of Furi though, I'll definitely put in an order for that one tomorrow morning. Of course, I'm also going to be going out on a quest to find some of the new Amiibo that are being released. We'll see how that goes.
You're very brave. The one time I did that I met a lot of i interesting teenagers including a guy throwing a fit when they couldn't get something.

Don't know what you're referring to for the anime, steel book and bluray stuff. As for my job, we aren't hiring atm. I wouldn't consider myself as being rich or made of money honestly. I'm a college student that works a bit over minimum wage and I get scholarships from my college so I basically just keep the money I earn in the bank.

Don't know what you're referring to for the anime, steel book and bluray stuff. As for my job, we aren't hiring atm. I wouldn't consider myself as being rich or made of money honestly. I'm a college student that works a bit over minimum wage and I get scholarships from my college so I basically just keep the money I earn in the bank.
He may be confusing you for Squarehard since you have similar avatars. IIRC, Squarehard has an insanely nice anime collection.

I keep asking on twitter to doug to get the last Oddoworld game, Munch's Oddyssee on vita physical.  We need to get the whole set!  

Doom, can you please make this a reality.  

Can't decide if I'm going in on the vita Dariusburst.  Already have the PS4 version and it's one those titles that if both platforms where sold at the same time I would have only gotten the vita version.  Really it isn't so much the game but my vita-ocd that is pestering me to buy it. :lol:

Definitely grabbing Furi though.

Can't decide if I'm going in on the vita Dariusburst. Already have the PS4 version and it's one those titles that if both platforms where sold at the same time I would have only gotten the vita version. Really it isn't so much the game but my vita-ocd that is pestering me to buy it. :lol:

Definitely grabbing Furi though.
Same here. I've got a bunch of bills to pay with the end of the month coming up too. I'll probably have to pass on Darius Burst for the same reasons as you as I also have the PS4 release already. I wish they would have released the same time as I would have gotten Vita instead.

bread's done
Back