Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Furi soundtrack bundle sold out in about a minute.  For anybody that missed it and still wants, they sell the physical album on the Furi Bandcamp page, albeit more expensive due to Euros and shipping from France.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 release was $60. Pretty sure the game is $30-$40 digitally as well. I just can't justify the double dip at $50 myself.
The PS4 digital is $60, and since that is already at the top of retail pricing, LRG opted not to go over it. But in most cases, it's $10 over the digital version cost.

BTW Josh, wasn't the July release supposed to be announced earlier this week?

$39.99 is the top of retail pricing for the Vita.  For standard games, the only exception I can think of is Summon Night 6, but that has a huge manual to justify the extra $5 extra.  It's going to be interesting to see how Dariusburst sells today.

Got Dariusburst for Vita after passing on the PS4 version before (if only I had been richer at the time...). I'm glad it was so easy.

Grabbed a Furi bundle. Passing on Darius... I generally always prefer PS4 versions of a game unless that game is part of a series that's native to the Vita.

$39.99 is the top of retail pricing for the Vita. For standard games, the only exception I can think of is Summon Night 6, but that has a huge manual to justify the extra $5 extra. It's going to be interesting to see how Dariusburst sells today.
Uncharted on the Vita was $49.99 MSRP and Dariusburst will sell out!

wut.jpg

A little surprised DBCS is still around... wondering if this is b/c most people picked up the PS4 version or b/c $50 is a big pill for a Vita game.:whistle2:

A little surprised DBCS is still around... wondering if this is b/c most people picked up the PS4 version or b/c $50 is a big pill for a Vita game. :whistle2:k
Its because I bought the game on sale digitally on PSN for $15.99.
Same reason I skipped out on Ray Gigant. I bought that for cheap on PSN too.

Got Dariusburst this morning. Was somehow able to get the Furi bundle tonight. Man, the bundle went fast both times.

got Broken Age today, really like the slip cover, but whoever designed the back of box text did a terrible job, it's extremely hard to read

Darius is still up! Wow I'm gonna eat crow, was it price or lack of simulation release or people moving on from VITA.

32% as of 630pm PST

Darius is still up! Wow I'm gonna eat crow, was it price or lack of simulation release or people moving on from VITA.

32% as of 630pm PST
Both.

Edit: both is referring to the 1st two options. I didn't see the 3rd option until after posting which absolutely is not the case.

Also, PS4 > PSV IMHO

got Broken Age today, really like the slip cover, but whoever designed the back of box text did a terrible job, it's extremely hard to read
I agree. And you bring up a good point; these physical covers should be printed (actual sizes for PS4 and Vita) and proofed for readability well before the artwork is finalized. Developers could use a little guidance in this area. If you have Risk of Rain, it suffers from the same issues; text and screenshots are way too small, and the overall layout is very boring. I bought both versions of RoR, and I'm not at all unhappy with my purchase. Just pointing out an area for improvement.

32% as of 630pm PST
If this physical version would have been offered earlier, I'm sure it would have sold faster. Many had already bought the PS4 not knowing a Vita version was coming, and others probably imported this ages ago. And then I'm sure the $50 price tag was a pause for many as well.

It will still probably be gone within a few days at most, so not an issue really.

Shooters on small screens are a big nope for me. I prefer bigger screens easily.
Don't tell me you skipped Soldner X2? I do think that DBC on Vita would be annoying with the heavy letterboxing, but Soldner X2 looks fantastic. Sky Force Anniversary is another great recent shmup. There are many others too.

After a hellish day of work come home and find Darius still not gone which is great for me.
Wow, 36% left of a run of 4,000? Somewhere between the $49.99 price (a small premium over $39.99 on PSN), the PS4 release, and the crusty IP, collectors decided not to show up.

Has LRG ever had so much remaining stock? Doomstink has talked about instant sellouts as one of the selling points to developers, so this is not a good thing. I mean, aside from that it was nice that the people who wanted it could get it, of course.

Wow, 36% left of a run of 4,000? Somewhere between the $49.99 price (a small premium over $39.99 on PSN), the PS4 release, and the crusty IP, collectors decided not to show up.

Has LRG ever had so much remaining stock? Doomstink has talked about instant sellouts as one of the selling points to developers, so this is not a good thing. I mean, aside from that it was nice that the people who wanted it could get it, of course.
It's still the first day, I don't think they are too worried. If we get to Monday and they aren't gone then they might be in some trouble.

You shouldn't be worried if it takes a few days to sell out. You should be worried if it takes longer than a week or so. It had always been LRG's intention that it takes a week or two for their titles to sell out. It just happens that it always sells out in a day or two for them.

It is likely that there is so much left because the people who would have bought Darius for the Vita already bought it for the PS4 and are not willing to double dip.

You shouldn't be worried if it takes a few days to sell out. You should be worried if it takes longer than a week or so. It had always been LRG's intention that it takes a week or two for their titles to sell out. It just happens that it always sells out in a day or two for them.

It is likely that there is so much left because the people who would have bought Darius for the Vita already bought it for the PS4 and are not willing to double dip.
Also, I think with the Switch, it's just a fact that a lot of the Vita market may have started to move on. The Broken Age Vita edition also stayed up considerably longer compared to the PS4 version.

Even when you listen to podcasts like Player One and GiantBomb, diehard Vita players like Ethan now say they rarely play with the system.

LRG may want to start rethinking about publishing Vita versions.

On another note - have LRG thought about going back and getting Guacamelee? That one would be awesome on PS4!

I think $40 was greedy from the publisher to begin with. LRG is just following their current business model. I bought the PS4 version, despite still waiting to get a PS4 thus black Friday, because there was no Vita announcement. I can't justify the $50 because of these reasons. 

The higher price might have a little bit to do with it. I think the bigger reasons DBCS Vita did not sell out as fast is that the PS4 version came out previously at LRG and perhaps even bigger the Japanese version for Vita was released a while back. It's still available at a higher price at Play Asia (69.99) . I'm sure a  lot of shmup fans already had bought it from Play Asia so they did not want to buy a second copy at a pretty hefty price from LRG. If I were not going for a complete North American Vita collection I would have passed on the LRG release since I already have the Japanese version on Vita as well as both versions on PS4.

Lol @ 50$. Getting greedy.
I think $40 was greedy from the publisher to begin with. LRG is just following their current business model. I bought the PS4 version, despite still waiting to get a PS4 thus black Friday, because there was no Vita announcement. I can't justify the $50 because of these reasons.
I brought up the high price previously, but Doomstink clarified the reason for the high price of DBC. Multiple developers and IP holders have stakes in the game, and they all need to get a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the game to make the physical production worthwhile. I don't blame anyone for the high price of DBC, it's just a necessary level to cover the stakeholders.

We have to realize the real victim here, how is Chris gonna make money on his four copies of Darius on vita ?
Hopefully he can find other victims when he sells his eight copies of Ghost Blade HD, 4 from play Aida and 4 from LRG

bread's done
Back